Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-30-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
pappanorm
Rookie

pappanorm hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Who Would the RAMS Take at #4?

If the Rams trade up to the #4 pick (with the Browns) -- who would they take? Are they locked in on one guy and afraid he might be gone when they pick at #6?
pappanorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
SterlingArcher
Rookie

SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.

The only situation I can think of is the Browns have the Rams convinced that they are gonna take Blackmon. Thats the only logical reason I can see for the Rams to trade up.
SterlingArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I could see them really wanting Claiborne as well. I could see them moving up for him.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
pappanorm
Rookie

Vikings take Kalil at #3 -- Rams get their man Blackmon at #4 -- Miami trades up to #5 (with Tampa Bay) to get Tannehill -- Browns get Claiborne at #6 -- Jacksonville takes Coples at #7 -- Tampa Bay (with #8 pick from Miami) takes coveted running back Richardson -- and everybody is happy!
Old 03-30-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
87Canes
Rookie

87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappanorm View Post
Vikings take Kalil at #3 -- Rams get their man Blackmon at #4 -- Miami trades up to #5 (with Tampa Bay) to get Tannehill -- Browns get Claiborne at #6 -- Jacksonville takes Coples at #7 -- Tampa Bay (with #8 pick from Miami) takes coveted running back Richardson -- and everybody is happy!
Why would the Browns take Claiborne at 6 when they also have Haden? Makes much more sense for them to take Richardson or take Tannehill with no trade.

Even Floyd makes sense...
87Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
pappanorm
Rookie

Claiborne & Haden would anchor the secondary. They don't need Richardson so high in the draft. (Also, the WR position sucks). They can get a RB a little later on in the draft. I think they are going to let McCoy have one more year and will target one of the better QB's in next year's draft rather than gamble and have to spend time to develop Tannehill. Floyd has a serious alcohol problem (3 arrests in the past 2 years). They may want to avoid that. They have many needs NOW. Very good players now is probably better than one or two marquee types. They would also add a compensatory pick from the Rams if they did trade with them.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread is pointless. Why wouldn't the Rams just have taken the Browns trade package if this was a big issue?
Fred Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Canes View Post
Why would the Browns take Claiborne at 6 when they also have Haden? Makes much more sense for them to take Richardson or take Tannehill with no trade.

Even Floyd makes sense...
Richardson would be dumb, he is a running back, they shouldn't go that high. But Claiborne is a stud, and last time I checked you start more than one corner.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:40 AM    (permalink
87Canes
Rookie

87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Richardson would be dumb, he is a running back, they shouldn't go that high. But Claiborne is a stud, and last time I checked you start more than one corner.
Everyone keeps saying Trent is just a RB. He's far from just a RB; dude is a BEAST. Take him in the top 10 and build the squad around him.

They can use their 2nd 1st round pick on one of the other CBs like Kirkpatrick or Gilmore. There offense needs help more than their defense does.
87Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I serious doubt it happens, the Browns look committed to Richardson IMO and every thing else is a smokescreen.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I serious doubt it happens, the Browns look committed to Richardson IMO and every thing else is a smokescreen.
Highly doubt Cleveland is committed to any prospect yet. Possibly leaning one way right now but not "committed" just yet. We still have almost a month to the draft.

Shurmur and Heckert not being at A&M pro day is not a telling sign. They could only be at one, so they divided up. They still made sure their OC and QB's coach were at A&M to gauge Tannehill. Private workout for Tannehill will be most telling for them, and is not a smokescreen. They have to do their due diligence.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see them wanting Claiborne enough to trade up for him, they will settle on Blackmon/Richardson or trade down.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would have to be Richardson.

Claiborne is a great corner, but the gap between him and the next guy isn't really as big as some make it out to be. if they traded up for Claiborne, it wouldn't be totally unimaginable, but they could get similar value by trading back and getting an extra second or something.

Blackmon is the best receiver on a number of teams boards, but I can't imagine Michael Floyd isn't considered a comparable value.

Personally, I'd just stay at 6 unless I ripped off the team trading back.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe, Stephen Hill at 6. If you think he's a top 15-20 prospect now, with top 5 prospect tools, I could see reaching for him.

6'4, 215#, mid 4.3 speed with soft hands and that Ga Tech Seal-of-Approval(lol), why not??

In three years Stephen Hill could be the second or third best WR in the NFL.

I'd at least think about it.

Blackmon is safer, Floyd is more proven, but Stephen Hill has All-Pro upside.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Maybe, Stephen Hill at 6. If you think he's a top 15-20 prospect now, with top 5 prospect tools, I could see reaching for him.

6'4, 215#, mid 4.3 speed with soft hands and that Ga Tech Seal-of-Approval(lol), why not??

In three years Stephen Hill could be the second or third best WR in the NFL.

I'd at least think about it.

Blackmon is safer, Floyd is more proven, but Stephen Hill has All-Pro upside.
And here I was led to believe Al Davis had done died. Guess not.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you compare any one of Demaryius THomas' single season college stats to Stephen Hill, it's not totally off the wall to think Stephen Hill could drafted much higher than his college production deserves.

Thomas' best season at Ga Tech was 46/1154/8 TDs.
In 2011 Stephen Hill went 28/820/5 TDs and I don't know if he had the ball thrown to him 50 times last season.

Just saying, I don't think it's a lock Stephen Hill is the last WR drafted among Blackmon/Floyd/Hill and I wouldn't be surprised if St. Louis took him at 6.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
If you compare any one of Demaryius THomas' single season college stats to Stephen Hill, it's not totally off the wall to think Stephen Hill could drafted much higher than his college production deserves.

Thomas' best season at Ga Tech was 46/1154/8 TDs.
In 2011 Stephen Hill went 28/820/5 TDs and I don't know if he had the ball thrown to him 50 times last season.

Just saying, I don't think it's a lock Stephen Hill is the last WR drafted among Blackmon/Floyd/Hill and I wouldn't be surprised if St. Louis took him at 6.
Hill is more likely to go to St.Louis in round 2 than anyone in the top 15. You are crazy if you actually think Hill will be (a) a top 15 pick or (b) taken before Floyd or Wright. The upside is nice, but there are players with great upside taken in the middle rounds of the draft. You don't take that big of a risk of a WR that high, it's stupid. There are safer guys with great upside ahead of him.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Hill is more likely to go to St.Louis in round 2 than anyone in the top 15. You are crazy if you actually think Hill will be (a) a top 15 pick or (b) taken before Floyd or Wright. The upside is nice, but there are players with great upside taken in the middle rounds of the draft. You don't take that big of a risk of a WR that high, it's stupid. There are safer guys with great upside ahead of him.
He is definitely not crazy. #6 might be a push but its not inconceivable for Hill to go top 15.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

50% chance trade down
49.99 % chance the Rams stand pat and take BPA
.01 % chance they trade up
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote