Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 05-11-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Prospect of the Day: QB Landry Jones, Oklahoma

If you’d like a thread about a prospect of your choosing, just send me a PM and I’ll make it ASAP!

QB Landry Jones, Oklahoma

#12 - 6'4 – 229 lbs. – 23 years old

What do you guys think of him? Franchise QB candidate?

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Over.. rated! clap clap clapclapclap! Over.. rated! clap clap clapclapclap.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he has a solid season, no one will care what he did as a junior and he is quite capable of doing just that. You'd be surprised how many great NFL QB's had poor junior years only to rebound substantially as a senior and go on to have fine pro careers.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I agree-ee-ee-ee clap clap clap clap!!

I came in just to say what Vid said, kid is overrated.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Not anymore. He was never close to a top 10 talent, but people are no talking day 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Are you serious? Landry Jones has one of the best arms in the class. The comparison you just made is a complete joke.
You dont need those comparisons. Watch him in conference last season, when he went head to head with three 1st round QBs. His arm is OK, maybe a bit better. About like Barkley.

J

Last edited by onejayhawk : 05-13-2012 at 05:14 PM.
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If there are any Jones supporters out there, the question I have for them is what does he do that's special or exceptional?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is this kid overrated? I just don't get why people hate on him so much.

I need to do so more in-depth tape study on him, but what I've seen so far, I love. He is the complete package as a quarterback. Nobody in this class has the arm talent this kid has. Landry is a great prospect, much better than Barkley in my opinion, who is truly overrated.

Landry isn't a statue in the pocket by any means. Is he "mobile"? Not exactly, but he can escape pressure and has shown the ability to step up in the pocket and sidestep pressure. That's something Barkley has struggled with, who takes too many false steps and doesn't throw with conviction.

Is Oklahoma's system slightly scary? Yes. But the Oklahoma system isn't Houston. They have a lot of creative underneath screens but when they aren't doing that, it's a lot of vertical spread, kind of similar to what Matt Ryan was running at Boston College (whom I compare Landry to).

Landry's footwork is solid overall. Needs some fine tuning, but certainly not terrible. The guy has shown great intermediate and deep accuracy, though his deep ball does get a little off at times, he never massively misses like I've seen from Barkley countless times.

I know it's only Ball State, but I do suggest looking at this footage:
http://youtu.be/j03RHG-IHMk

Again, yes, it's only Ball State. But look at the stick throws that he makes just simply all over the field. He tore the Cardinals up due to his great arm and poise (and because Oklahoma is a lot better).

It just doesn't seem that people have a real reason to doubt this guy. His interceptions are Matt Ryan type of interceptions, just trying to do too much at times. That's not necessarily terrible. I'm more worried about a prospect who is throwing picks due to a lack of arm strength or accuracy. That's not why Landry has thrown picks. The guy is a gunslinger, which you need to be in the NFL. He has confidence in his arm and isn't afraid to use it.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why is this kid overrated? I just don't get why people hate on him so much.
His college coaches don't trust him in the red zone. Why should an NFL team?
Old 05-12-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
How good has Bradford been with STL?
Not saying he has been great, but the guy was the 1st overall pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
His college coaches don't trust him in the red zone. Why should an NFL team?
They don't trust a guy who has 39-3 TD-INT ratio in the redzone the past two seasons? They like to put Bell in because they tire teams out with their spread during drives and Bell pounds it in.

Bell had as many completions as interceptions last year. It's not a matter of not trusting Landry or thinking Bell is a superior quarterback.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Dangermouse
Rookie

Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mid rounder
Dangermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
Mid rounder
Why? Or are we just going to see another bland statement declaring this guy isn't a 1st rounder with no backing to it?

I have yet to see a single Landry Jones doubter actually give a reasoning to doubting him...
Old 05-11-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why? Or are we just going to see another bland statement declaring this guy isn't a 1st rounder with no backing to it?

I have yet to see a single Landry Jones doubter actually give a reasoning to doubting him...
He's really not that accurate on throws outside of 5-yards. And IMO he gets flustered to easily. Right now I wouldn't touch him in the first 2 rounds.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
He's really not that accurate on throws outside of 5-yards. And IMO he gets flustered to easily. Right now I wouldn't touch him in the first 2 rounds.
So you had Ryan Tannehill as a top 20 prospect, who's accuracy was incredibly erratic, but don't think Landry Jones even belongs in the first two rounds?

I don't get how people say the guy is inaccurate down field yet praise Matt Barkley. Barkley constantly misses wide receivers deep. And it's not by a little, his passes are all over the place. Landry makes great stick throws constantly though.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see how he does feeling pressure in the pocket and making decisions under fire this year.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I want to see how he does feeling pressure in the pocket and making decisions under fire this year.
This is my biggest question mark concerning Landry. Gets happy feet way too much for my liking.

Still think he can be a 1st Rounder but I wouldn't be surprised to see him drop to the 2nd-3rd either.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I think this is the big thing for him. When Florida State took away Broyles on the quick swing passes he was unable to calmly go through his progressions and looked poor. At times he doesn't reset his feet going when he has to go to his second target - then the accuracy suffers. Also, he doesn't always step into his throws - again accuracy is then a problem.

He doesn't have a great deal of talent returning at WR outside of Kenny Stills - his Center has retired and it will be a new LT. Will be very interested to see how he does this year. He's got some tools - but he's not as good as Bradford at this stage of his career and think he's 2/3 years away from starting in the NFL. Of course I didn't think Weeden or Tannehill were rookie starters and they've both been handed starting gigs on a plate!!
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Dangermouse
Rookie

Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He just throws swings, screens and the occasional 2 yard slant. Incredibly simplified offense, bad temperament and no arm. Poor man's Kellen Moore.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
He just throws swings, screens and the occasional 2 yard slant. Incredibly simplified offense, bad temperament and no arm. Poor man's Kellen Moore.
Are you serious? Landry Jones has one of the best arms in the class. The comparison you just made is a complete joke.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Dangermouse
Rookie

Quote:

If he has a big arm then I'm yet to see it. He just looks like a shotgun check down guy to me.

I haven't watched a great deal of tape yet but I certainly haven't seen any of those 60 yarders that Barkley makes with ease.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice arm. Dallas will draft him and groom him to be Romo's backup. He needs to clean up his overall game next season and play up to his hype.

He's not a guy I would select to start as a rookie, but Jones is a great developmental guy you peg to start later in his career.

Matt Schaub level athlete with a bigger arm.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Landry Jones hasn't played consistent good football since 2010, which is why people are doubting his upside.

If Jones doesn't have a bang up senior year, he's going to slide IMO.
Poor man's Kellen Moore??lol.

I give Jones credit because he does have an arm, but he's just not playing good football right now.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a Landry fan but poor man's Kellen Moore? No way.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-12-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like the Kellen Moore statement was sarcasm...maybe? lol.

But for having such a HUGE arm, OU doesnt seem to let him throw the ball down the field.

Bubble, bubble, dig screen, slant, bubble, bubble, slant, dig screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I feel like the Kellen Moore statement was sarcasm...maybe? lol.

But for having such a HUGE arm, OU doesnt seem to let him throw the ball down the field.

Bubble, bubble, dig screen, slant, bubble, bubble, slant, dig screen.
You do realize it's the same exact offense Sam Bradford played in, correct?

Teams don't change their schemes for players. Sorry, doesn't happen. They still do throw down field. They use the short game to set-up the deep game. They use it to the same effect other teams use their running games.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Quote:
You do realize it's the same exact offense Sam Bradford played in, correct?

Teams don't change their schemes for players. Sorry, doesn't happen. They still do throw down field. They use the short game to set-up the deep game. They use it to the same effect other teams use their running games.
How good has Bradford been with STL?

Props to BK for the sig
Quote: