Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 09-23-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 3 --- Cincinnati Bengals @ Washington Redskins

Lets talk about it.

M. Johnson actually looking good, but I think that is because Trent WIlliams went out early.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why does Brian Leonard never get the ball when BGE clearly sucks, as does Bernard scott?
Old 09-23-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Why does Brian Leonard never get the ball when BGE clearly sucks, as does Bernard scott?
Because Leonard is pretty much their HB.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Because Leonard is pretty much their HB.
I dont care what position designation he has been given. My question remains. He has always been a tweener. They gave BGE over 20 carries for 2 yard average.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I dont care what position designation he has been given. My question remains. He has always been a tweener. They gave BGE over 20 carries for 2 yard average.
Because Gruden likes BJGE and Scott more.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:23 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Say whatever you will about BGJE but we could not block them in the run game to save our lives today. It was very disconcerting to me as we had seemed to excel in that area this season.

Awesome game though, that first play has to be one of, if not THE, best opening plays in club history. Loved everything about it and the boy Sanu has got a hell of an arm. After one throw I think it is safe to say he is a more accomplished passer than Tim Tebowzz. Loved the aggressiveness and I would love to see Sanuuuu get some more chances out of the wildcat formation.

Sidebar: how did Scotty react to this? Don't really feel like sorting through the entire week 3 thread.

We seemed to have this game pretty well in hand until Shanny made a brilliant adjustment and decided to take our DE's out of the game by running the option to excess. It worked and I give him credit for seeing how dominant MJ and Dunlap were and deciding to do that. This is a completely different unit with 96 out there. Like I said before our pass rush is good without him, and it can be deadly with him. He makes it difficult for teams to key on one guy like MJ or Geno on any given play. Of course they did have their backup LT in there but I don't think it woulda mattered who was there today, they were simply on fire.

Maualuga looked turrible once again and I think his time is about done here. He looks like he is running in quicksand half the time and he simply refuses to wrap up when going for a hit, instead preferring to try to take everyone out with his shoulder. Might've been able to get away with that at USC but not in the League. Pains me to say it as I was very excited when we got him just as everyone else was, but unless he steps his game up significantly over the next few weeks, it may be time to unleash Burfict in the middle.

Speaking of the Tazer I thought he looked pretty darn good this week. Scared me a few times when I thought he was about to get a personal foul during some of the after-play activities but he seemed to hold his own out there. If he can succeed in a spot he's never played before I don't think it's crazy to say he could do very very well at his natural position. I thought Vinny Rey and Manny also did some good things. Lawson's hit on RG3 was pretty epic.

Offensively I thought we looked damn good in every aspect aside from the run game. Seemed like the only time the guys wanted to block was when Leonard was back there. Loved some of the creative playcalling and I thought Dalton was spectacular once again. That pick I wouldn't really put on him as he was hit right in the arm as he was throwing it. Maybe that's just me but I felt it was more of a fluke play than anything else.

Thought the pass pro looked really good. Would've liked to have seen how they handled Orakpo but I think they more than held their own against Kerrigan and the rest of that front. They seemed to bring a lot of unorthodox blitzes and I'd say we handled them rather well.

Terrence Newman should have been cut on the field today. Between that pitiful late hit and his bone headed decision to try and pick up that punt inside the five, he was just awful. In that situation you get as far away from that ball as possible, any youth football player could tell you that. I did come away rather impressed by how the secondary played today. Aside from a few missed tackles they were solid. Really surprised to see Clements miss some of those as he is one of the better tackling CBs in the league.

All in all, it was a a crazy game that we managed to finish which I am pretty excited about. Prolly shouldn't have been that close but c'est la vie. Won a game we should've and we need to do the same next week.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Last edited by themaninblack : 09-24-2012 at 02:26 AM.
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crazy how the Redskins came back after halftime and tied it up. I think the old Bengals with Palmer, Chad and TJ would have crumbled under the pressure and lost this game after that.

Also going to second the 96 love. Dunlap absolutely is the best player on this defense, and it showed it yesterday.

If there was anyone who deserves a lot of love and isn't getting it though, it's Hawkins. The guy has done everything right and some. I understand why he's not the #2 (it's just easier to create mismatches this way) but he's definitely the second most talented receiver we have.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dunlap makes the rest of the line better and it is noticeable. MJ and Atkins are able to get 100x more pressure and are actually able to get to the QB because there is actually someone pressing on the other side.

Hawkins is a beast.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya I felt like I was running a bit long so I didn't say everything I wanted to but Baby Hawk is the man. Awesome to see them utilize him as much as they do, he has a pretty unique and effective skill set. Might be the quickest SOB I've ever seen.

Seen on twitter that this was the first time since '78 that the Bengals had four receivers w/ over 63 yards in a game.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 09-24-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Honestly If we can get Moch back and Kirkpatrick healthy this defense stands a chance to become good again.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:15 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

If they hadn't switched to a gimmick/triple option offense in the third quarter the yardage totals in the run game would have looked a lot better. I think we'll be fine on defense in the long run regardless but getting Moch and KPat back there would certainly be a welcome addition. Just having another rusher like Moch to take away some snaps from MJ and Carlos would be a godsend. Not to mention the versatility he could help provide. Kick MJ inside to DT and have 96-Geno-MJ-Moch on a third down play would be pretty sick.

We're also in desperate need of a CB opposite Hall, and I think Captain Kirk can certainly be a fine one but I'm not expecting much from him this year. We basically need Clements at S and Newman is quite atrocious. Hopefully Leon is back this week and we can put together a dominant(hell even good) performance on D. This team needs it in the worst way.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Last edited by themaninblack : 09-25-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
If they hadn't switched to a gimmick/triple option offense in the third quarter the yardage totals in the run game would have looked a lot better. I think we'll be fine on defense in the long run regardless but getting Moch and KPat back there would certainly be a welcome addition. Just having another rusher like Moch to take away some snaps from MJ and Carlos would be a godsend. Not to mention the versatility he could help provide. Kick MJ inside to DT and have 96-Geno-MJ-Moch on a third down play would be pretty sick.

We're also in desperate need of a CB opposite Hall and I think Captain Kirk can certainly be a fine one but I'm not expecting much from him this year. We basically need Clements at S and Newman is quite atrocious. Hopefully Leon is back this week and we can put together a dominant(hell even good) performance on D. This team needs it in the worst way.
Is the Dre Kpat injury the same one in training camp that he was only supposed to miss 2-4 weeks with? Anyone know whats going on there?
Old 09-25-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

It's a bone spur near his knee that is continuing to give him problems. Apparently he had some sort of setback but I'm not really sure what's going on. Our luck it will be something that bothers him for a long time.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165