Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 10-01-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Shane's 2 round Mock (Week 4-5)

Constructive criticism is preferred. Saying “So and so sucks.” Or “My team doesn’t need this position.” Is not helpful. Explain to me WHY, explain schematically what is wrong, etc. Please don’t complain about the draft order. It was made using my power ranking and I even moved teams around to fit players as needed. Heck, it isn’t even possible with how I have the playoff teams. If you complain about that, you are lame. Enough said! If an underclassman is missing, I decided he wouldn’t declare. If I messed up a school or name, just let me know. I made a bunch of changes and may have missed a few things

I didn’t look much at who are key free agents leaving teams, etc. The mock is extremely rough and likely outdated very soon.

2013 NFL Mock Draft:

1. Kansas City Chiefs – Geno Smith QB/West Virginia

Chiefs aren’t in #1 position right now, but they may end up being there if the defense keeps playing this way. If they do pick #1, it is QB or bust. I can see Geno Smith fitting a bit better than Barkley with this offense and rising in the offseason.

2. Cleveland Browns – Barkevious Mingo DE/LSU

The Browns lack of pass rush so far this season is disturbing. Doubt the Weeden experiment would be over, so Mingo across from Sheard would be an unreal combo.

3. New Orleans Saints – Star Lotulelei DT/Utah

Worst rush defense? Get the best run defender. Star would give massive versatility to the Saints defense and finally fill a hole that they have long ignored.

4. Oakland Raiders – Matt Barkley QB/USC

There are no ties from Reggie McKenzie to Carson Palmer or Terrelle Pryor. If he sees a little Aaron Rodgers in Matt Barkley, he may pull the trigger. Could give some leeway for Barkley to sit for a little while, though I doubt it would happen.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars – Jarvis Jones DE/Georgia

Gabbert has improved, but is it enough? Not sure I see Gene Smith ousted, which means no quarterback here. Despite the drafting of Andre Branch, pass rush continues to be a major problem. Jarvis Jones gives versatility to play him at DE or WLB (a la Von Miller).

6. Tennessee Titans – Luke Joeckel OT/Texas A&M

Titans are no one team whose depth chart doesn’t have huge holes, but nothing seems solid. Luke Joeckel is my favorite O-lineman in this draft and I expect a rise. With Roos’ struggles, Joeckel could play LT or RT.

7. Indianapolis Colts – Johnathan Hankins DT/Ohio State

Time to work on the defense. Hankins would give Pagano his Haloti Ngata role, a player who is big enough for NT but plays like a 5-tech with an infinite motor. If Hankins isn’t top ten now, he likely will by April.

8. Detroit Lions – Eric Reid S/LSU

It may time to scrap the Lions BPA strategy a bit and ensure they get someone in the secondary. The choice here is take a safety or corner, and Reid seems to fit in with what the Lions wanted to do with Louis Delmas but couldn’t. He can have a Mark Barron type of impact.

9. Miami Dolphins – Sam Montgomery DE/LSU

BPA pick here. It is a need for the Dolphins opposite of Cam Wake, a position they lacked with the defensive change this season. No WR here screams great value, and they seem content to wait on that position.

10. Carolina Panthers – Xavier Rhodes CB/Florida State

I’m a huge Xavier Rhodes fan. I think he can be the first CB off the board. This is a situation where putting Rhodes as the CB2 and bumping Josh Norman to nickel CB should improve this secondary by leaps and bounds.

11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Bjoern Werner DE/Florida State

Not sure if Werner ends up this high ultimately, and I’m not sure it is the Bucs biggest need, but I just loved the fit. With Bowers and Clayborn’s injuries, there is some questions at pass rusher after Michael Bennett. Werner could be a great rotational player with Bowers to start and end up being a mainstay very soon if he is healthy.

12. New York Jets – Robert Woods WR/USC

Will the Jets clean house? If not, I wouldn’t expect a QB in the first. They do need more offensive weapons, and Woods seems like a Tannenbaum type of player. Fits in as a #2 to Santonio Holmes without asking too much from him Year 1. I’m not a fan, but understand why teams are. A lot on this pick depends on Stephen Hill’s development, but even with Hill, Woods could be a solid investment, especially if they don’t want to put up with Holmes.

13. Buffalo Bills – EJ Manuel QB/Florida State

Maybe a bit of a surprise. The defense needs help, but where? Manuel is the best QB left who fits Chan Gailey’s system to a tee. He can come in and instantly run a modified offense to build around. Time for the Bills to go upside at QB.

14. St. Louis Rams – Taylor Lewan OT/Michigan

Still not 100% sold on Lewan, but he is a Top 15 talent. Rams are starting Wayne Hunter at LT which is appalling. Biggest need on this team and they can go after a top guy with all the picks they have,

15. Seattle Seahawks – Justin Hunter WR/Tennessee

If the Seahawks want to back Russell Wilson, he will need the weapons to get it done. With players like Doug Baldwin and Golden Tate not living up to expectations, a true #1 WR to pair with Sidney Rice could go a long way. Justin Hunter might be the most talented WR in this class and can be a future stud.

16. Pittsburgh Steelers – Manti Te’o LB/Notre Dame

The Steelers defense is getting older, and they get a great fit and potential steal with Manti Te’o to fill the Larry Foote position. With Te’o’s improved pass coverage, he can fit into the 3-4 and even rush the passer from time to time. It would be a great fit if the Steelers pick in the Top 15 (or close).

17. St. Louis Rams (f/ WAS) – TJ McDonald S/USC

With the Rams second pick, they address another position of need. TJ McDonald could be a roaming defensive leader on a team that doesn’t have the help down the field with more in the box safeties like Darian Stewart, Quintin Mikell, and Craig Dahl leading the team. McDonald could play FS and free roam plenty.

18. New York Giants – DJ Fluker OT/Alabama

The RT position for the Giants is brutal and DJ Fluker will get plenty of press to keep him up draft boards. He is an instant plug and play at RT and should help the Giants improve in the run game.

19. Denver Broncos – Barrett Jones C/Alabama

Jones can play all over the line and versatility seems to be a value John Elway has in his draft picks (see Von Miller, Derek Wolfe, etc). With JD Walton’s injury, Jones would be great insurance who could also move to either guard position or RT in a pinch. That versatility will push him up boards.

20. Minnesota Vikings – Keenan Allen WR/Cal

The Viks have been a surprise, but they should continue to add playmakers to be truly dangerous. If Keenan Allen falls there, he should be a steal. Big, physical, and has quick twitch ability. A perfect foil to Percy Harvin, he is a great get at 20.

21. Chicago Bears – Tyler Eifert TE/Notre Dame

A bit high for Eifert, but he is a tremendous weapon with blocking upside. With no O-lineman that really fit on the interior or at LT, I went with another offensive weapon who can be trained to help in pass protection as needed. Eifert is a mismatch nightmare who has the upside of a Jermaine Gresham or Kyle Rudolph.

22. San Diego Chargers - Dee Milliner CB/Alabama

I could see Milliner falling a bit after workouts, but he seems like a Chargers type of player. Quentin Jammer has been overrated for awhile now and Milliner could step in and contribute pretty quickly in a nickel role and move up quickly.

23. Dallas Cowboys – Corey Lemonier LB/Auburn

Lemonier is vaulting up draft boards right now and is one of the best pass rushers in this draft. He can stand up in a 3-4 or put his hand down in a 4-3. You never have enough pass rushers, and even with Spencer/Ware pretty entrenched, Lemonier can go the way of Aldon Smith to be folded in slowly for the future.

24. Philadelphia Eagles – Jake Matthews OT/Texas A&M

If Matthews declares, he will be an intriguing prospect. Built for RT, there is some LT upside with him too. The Eagles don’t have many clear holes, but the Peterson injury could open up holes on the offensive line for the future and Herremans can be upgraded.

25. Arizona Cardinals – Tyler Bray QB/Tennessee

The Cardinals are playing great, but is Kevin Kolb the answer? If not a late first round QB could be in the works. Tyler Bray’s release and technique will push him down draft boards. He is the type of project the Cardinals could invest in while Kolb continues to play and still have the guy for the future.

26. Green Bay Packers – Marcus Lattimore RB/South Carolina

The Packers are quickly learning the impact of a running game in the NFL. Cedric Benson won’t last, and there is nothing past him. If someone has the luxury of investing in an extremely talented runner and receiver, it is the Packers with Lattimore. If he runs well, he won’t be close to around at this spot.

27. Cincinnati Bengals – Kenny Vaccaro S/Texas

Still some holes at safety for the Bengals and Vaccaro could step in Day 1 and compete for a starting job. A versatile player who hits hard and still is fluid enough to cover deep, he is what the doctor ordered for the Bengals defense.

28. Baltimore Ravens – Khaled Holmes OL/USC

Holmes is the ideal center, but he could even be moved to guard if needed. The Ravens interior line is pretty weak outside Marshall Yanda. Depending on the development of Gino Gradkowski, Holmes could play LG or center in the future.

29. San Francisco 49ers – Johnthan Banks CB/Mississippi State

I’m still not in love with the 49ers secondary outside Carlos Rogers. Johnthan Banks wouldn’t be needed to step in and start Day 1 and is BPA at this point in the draft. If the value this good, tough for the 49ers to pass.

30. New England Patriots – Johnathan Cooper OG/North Carolina

Not sure I buy Cooper as a first round pick, but he does fit the Patriots. Nothing about the interior Patriots O-line screams elite outside of Logan Mankins, and Cooper can play either guard position. Could even see a trade down and take him.

31. Atlanta Falcons – Michael Buchanan DE/Illinois

Buchanan isn’t a big name, but he is steadily rising up draft boards and may end up as a Top 20 pick. The Falcons have an aging John Abraham and Ray Edwards has disappointed. Buchanan looks like a young Abraham and it may do well to get him in now.

32. Houston Texans – Kawann Short DL/Purdue

Tough to a find a real hole without young players. I can see Antonio Smith moving on and Kawann Short filling the position in a rotation with Jared Crick . As the Texans continue having a great defense, they may keep reloading.

Round 2:

33. Kansas City Chiefs – Robert Lester S/Alabama

I’m not a Kendrick Lewis fan and Eric Berry lost a step this year. Bringing in a rotational safety who can also play some special teams would be key for the Chiefs. Robert Lester could really fit with his experience.

34. Cleveland Browns – SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT (Josh Gordon)

35. New Orleans Saints – FORFEITED

36. Cincinnati Bengals (f/ OAK) – William Gholston DE/Michigan State

The Bengals lead the NFL in sacks, but Carlos Dunlap and Michael Johnson aren’t the most consistent on the field or with their healthy. William Gholston is the BPA here and adds to a pretty solid DE rotation already.

37. Jacksonville Jaguars – Ricky Wagner OT/Wisconsin

Another BPA situation, Ricky Wagner should go in the first. If he would fall, it could be a steal for whatever team needs a RT. I imagine Wagner is an improvement over Cameron Bradfield and could start instantly.

38. Tennessee Titans – Sylvester Williams DT/North Carolina

Another potential first rounder, Williams can play NT or UT in a lot of systems. Though the Titans have the personnel, they have been extremely weak up front. Williams could vault to the #1 spot in the interior.

39. Miami Dolphins (f/ IND) – Kenny Stills WR/Oklahoma

Dolphins need WRs, plain and simple. Stills system and speed questions could push him into the 2nd round, but he does fit the offense very well.

40. Detroit Lions – Le’Veon Bell RB/Michigan State

I can see Bell running poorly and falling to the 2nd round. Time to ditch Best and Smith and bring in Bell to share with Leshoure. BPA as it is with Detroit.

41. Miami Dolphins – Kevin Reddick LB/North Carolina

A bit high for Reddick, but the Dolphins are lacking in LB depth and he can rotate on the strong or weak side as needed.

42. Carolina Panthers – Jesse Williams DT/Alabama

Love Williams, time to move up boards. After cutting Terrell McClain, there is a consistent hole at the DT position. Williams is a big NT who can move.

43. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Dion Sims TE/Michigan State

Sims is very physical and just what the Bucs want. Not the best blocker, but he adds a weapon to a team that needs it.

44. New York Jets – Tyler Wilson QB/Arkansas

Wonder if the concussions could cause Wilson to fall into the 2nd. If so, I imagine the Jets would leap at the opportunity.

45. Buffalo Bills – Aaron Dobson WR/Marshall

I like Dobson a lot, and he is in the mold of the Gailey offense. A potential #2 to keep TJ Graham in the slot.

46. St. Louis Rams – Da’Rick Rogers WR/Tennessee Tech

Very productive and the Rams have shown they will take a chance on a player with some off the field issues. With Quick disappointing, the Rams may go after another 2nd round WR.

47. Seattle Seahawks – Arthur Brown LB/Kansas State

Pretty high for him, but he can be a future replacement for Leroy Hill and add another pass rusher that the Seahawks need.

48. Pittsburgh Steelers – Montee Ball RB/Wisconsin

Steelers type of RB. A little soft, a little disappointing, but someone with the vision to work within this system.

49. Washington Redskins – Brennan Williams OT/North Carolina

The more O-line help the better for the Redskins in protecting RGIII. Williams can fill in at RT or OG position as needed and be a solid swing back-up for the time being.

50. New York Giants – Johnathan Jenkins DT/Georgia

Overrated to me and not a first rounder. It is decent value in the 2nd as the Giants try to get better upfront. Probably a Rocky Bernard replacement in the future.

51. Denver Broncos – Terry Hawthorne CB/Illinois

Another Illini this high? Broncos add CB depth. Is Tracy Porter a legit #2? I’m not so sure about that. Hawthorne can start in nickel or dime role and move up.

52. Minnesota Vikings – Alex Okafor DE/Texas

I like Okafor and he may be a rotational player opposite of Jared Allen for a time being. Should help keep the run defense top notch too.

53. Chicago Bears – Oday Aboushi OT/Virginia

Underrated player rising up and up my board. Has some LT potential, but I’d like him even more at guard.

54. San Diego Chargers – Christine Michael RB/Texas A&M

Always an odd team that takes a RB early. I can see Michael fitting the Charger’s scheme and being a #2 punch to Ryan Mathews. Depending on how staff changes could determine this pick.

55. Dallas Cowboys – Shawn Williams S/Georgia

Williams looks like a starter but just doesn’t quite have the athletic upside you want. If he can free those hips, I’d love him as an addition to an improved Cowboys secondary.

56. Philadelphia Eagles – Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB/UConn

One of the best names in the draft give the Eagles more CB depth. If Boykin doesn’t look like a future starter, perhaps Wilson can step in and fill in a dime role with upside.

57. Arizona Cardinals – Devin Taylor LB/South Carolina

Taylor has fallen off a bit, but I could see him as a great fit in the Cardinals system as a pass rusher. A bit short, but he has the tenacity to rotate in a pass rusher role and even put his hand down on passing downs.

58. Green Bay Packers - Chance Warmack OG/Alabama

He'll probably go much much higher, but I still need to see a bit more for justification. Not sure why I don't see him leap out like everyone else, but hopefully I will come around to it soon!

59. Cincinnati Bengals – Eddie Lacy RB/Alabama

Lacy may not have the offseason to go extremely high, but he is a big bodied runner with nimble feet. Great compliment to BJGE and a future stud IMO.

60. Baltimore Ravens – Aaron Mellette WR/Elon

Mellette is on the 2nd round border, but the Ravens still need a future replacement for Boldin as Doss is too inconsistent. Mellette and Torrey Smith would be a nasty combination to keep this offense going for years.

61. San Francisco 49ers - Dion Jordan LB/Oregon

I really like Jordan in a 3-4, and on a rotational basis, it is a position the 49ers could look at for depth.

62. New England Patriots – Margus Hunt DE/SMU

Not the best fit, I admit, but I wanted to fit Hunt into the first two rounds as I would bet he ends up there. Big, athletic, rangy, if the Patriots did want to add another monstrous specimen, he is the guy.

63. Atlanta Falcons – Joseph Fauria TE/UCLA

I like Fauria more than most, and if this is Gonzo’s last year, it becomes a huge need.

64. Houston Texans – Sean Porter LB/Texas A&M

ILB is an issue for the Texans as Bradie James can be upgraded. Sean Porter has disappointed so far this season, but he is a tough player who could fit next to Cushing.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 10-01-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take this draft in a second for the Chiefs. I would love Lester + Berry with KLew playing a rotational type of role, but I will disagree with your assessment of Berry. He hasn't been great so far but I wouldn't say he has lost a step. I think he's a bit timid after his knee surgery, but he'll shake the rust off eventually.

Anyway, great KC mock sir.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I would take this draft in a second for the Chiefs. I would love Lester + Berry with KLew playing a rotational type of role, but I will disagree with your assessment of Berry. He hasn't been great so far but I wouldn't say he has lost a step. I think he's a bit timid after his knee surgery, but he'll shake the rust off eventually.

Agreed with all of this.Berry has'nt lost a step.It will probably take a little bit of time before he can be confident again but he'll be fine.GREAT Mock anyway
Old 10-01-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Agreed with all of this.Berry has'nt lost a step.It will probably take a little bit of time before he can be confident again but he'll be fine.GREAT Mock anyway
Lost a step may have been the wrong wording, but I meant due to the injury this year. You hope he'll get back confident again.

Pitbull, def. appreciate the feedback. Titans are tricky. I'm interested to see who you would have there.

Agreed Tackle, Ravens very tricky. I think Holmes' worth is very noticeable this year though when he was out compared to when he was in.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Agreed Tackle, Ravens very tricky. I think Holmes' worth is very noticeable this year though when he was out compared to when he was in.
The quality of USC's backup center doesn't really change my opinion on Holmes.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post

I can haz Geno?
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
I'm not sure what these struggles are that Roos has had this year that would lead us to drafting his replacement, but that seems awfully reactionary. Chandler Jones whooped him once or twice in that game, but other than that he's been his usual self. He and Stewart are rocks. The offensive line surely needs work, but tackle is the last place that needs upgrading. Hutchinson looks like he should have retired before the season, Velasco has no place as a starter, and Leroy Harris is just awful.

What we need is a defensive force. Whether it be a big DT to pair with Jurrell Casey or a pass rushing demon on the outside, it's got to be had if one is available. A SS is desperately needed as well. I think an argument can be made for corner as well, provided it's a blue chip type player.

Offensive tackle just seems such a waste for a team that is starving for a true impact player, especially when there are already 2 good/great players manning those positions, both still in their prime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Pitbull, def. appreciate the feedback. Titans are tricky. I'm interested to see who you would have there.
I agree with Pitbull on this. We are fine at tackle. Guard and center is where we are hurting up front. If Chance Warmack is really as great as he is being hyped up to be at this point he has to be considered. Especially if he has the versatility to be tried at center.

On defense we could use anyone that could get to the QB. We finished 31st in the league last season in sacks with 28 I believe and this season we are on pace for 24. That's awful. So we'll obviously look at edge rushers as one of, if not both, Morgan or Wimbley should be coming off of the bench. However, we could probably use a little more beef in the middle next to Casey as well. Especially a guy that can collapse the pocket in the middle. So that could be a consideration as well.

We could also use any safety as both of our starters and even backups are atrocious. But the team signed Griffin to a long extension this past offseason so I'm afraid we're stuck with him for a while. So if we keep him at FS, we should definitely pair him with a stud safety that would hopefully allow Griffin to just play center field most of the time.

Also, if a studly corner were available we'd probably at least consider taking them. It would allow ATV to be a full-time nickel which he's probably best suited for.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
I can haz Geno?
Nope you have your QBotF.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it for the Rams. The way the Rams offensive Line looks right now, I wouldn't even be mad if they took an offensive Tackle and Guard with their two 1st rounders. Our LG has been getting absolutely murdered. Think a ******** Wayne Hunter. That's how bad he looks.

And I wouldn't call Quick a Disapointment just yet. We all knew it would take him awhile, while not seeing really any action the first few weeks, him and Chris Givens were out on the field a bunch vs the Seahawks.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only 1 pick for Oakland yet you got it.. if he is available we gotta go Bark.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Robert Woods obviously, being an SC homer but I think the Jets need a tall receiver to compliment Santonio if Sanchez is still the starter. Like you said a lot depends on Stephen Hill's progression. Losing Braylon had a huge impact on Sanchez's development and he's suffered from that.

I could also see us grabbing Lattimore too. Our RB situation is a mess.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid Phins picks. You were right on with your explanations as well, Wake needs a real pass rushing threat opposite him as Odrick is out of position at DE and isn't a sack threat from that spot and Stills would be a perfect schematic fit.

Not really a fan of Reddick in general so I'd feel rather meh on that pick. If we cut Dansby it could make sense but if not, I'd rather go with a CB or FS there.

Miami's offseason is going to really play a big part in their draft picks too. They've got something like $55 million in cap space being freed up between expiring contracts and dead money coming off the cap this year. A portion of it will need to go into bringing back key players like Jake Long, Bush, Hartline, and Starks but they are expected to be active in free agency as well where guys like Greg Jennings could come into play. WR, DE, and FS are probably the three key needs now though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure what these struggles are that Roos has had this year that would lead us to drafting his replacement, but that seems awfully reactionary. Chandler Jones whooped him once or twice in that game, but other than that he's been his usual self. He and Stewart are rocks. The offensive line surely needs work, but tackle is the last place that needs upgrading. Hutchinson looks like he should have retired before the season, Velasco has no place as a starter, and Leroy Harris is just awful.

What we need is a defensive force. Whether it be a big DT to pair with Jurrell Casey or a pass rushing demon on the outside, it's got to be had if one is available. A SS is desperately needed as well. I think an argument can be made for corner as well, provided it's a blue chip type player.

Offensive tackle just seems such a waste for a team that is starving for a true impact player, especially when there are already 2 good/great players manning those positions, both still in their prime.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While the interior Patriots' O-line does need improvement, I think they would be better served drafting a developmental Offensive Tackle and then moving Marcus Cannon from Tackle to guard.

With that being im not sure who they should take in the 1st. WR is a huge need, but the Patriots' offense can be brutal on young WRs. Safety is looking like another option as well with Chung being pretty bad, but Wilson looks solid and Ebner is an intriguing developmental option.

While I do realize this pretty much doesn't help your mock, but trading back would probably be the best option.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns are actually 5th in the league in sacks, believe it or not. But they do need a better pass rush.

4 A&M players and no Damontre Moore?...think he'll return? I think he's roughly the 2nd best DE and a definite 1st round pick-top 20.

Woods & Hunter over Keenan Allen? Have you seen his brother?

If not for the concussions where you would rank Wilson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*

Last edited by Brown Leader : 10-01-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely interesting first round pick for the Bears. I like what I've seen from him as a pass catcher and the Bears really need a weapon at tight end. How is his blocking? In the second round, I'll admit I know nothing about the player you gave us, but if it's on the offensive line, I'm cool with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really not a Khaled Holmes fan. I never understood the high round hype (well I understood it, he went to USC, I just never bought it). He's a quality athlete who can reach guys in zone and does a really nice job at the second level. However, he plays too tall, doesn't get very good leverage and because he doesn't play with a very good base, he gets knocked off balance and struggles very power players. He's basically another Chris Chester (former Sooner, Raven). I know the Ravens are a tricky team to project with (not to sound cocky) but few immediate needs. Probably would be a situation where we could just go BPA instead of trying to reach for a need. I don't know much about Mellette other than that one video but he looks impressive and WR makes sense.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets take...

I am fine with Round 1 and getting Woods who while USC WR scare the crap out of me, Woods is so so good that I am a huge fan. HOWEVER, I think Te'O is what this team needs as our LB are too slow, can't stop the run after the initial burst past the D-Line and stink at pass coverage. Either a MLB or OLB with Pace and B. Thomas possibly going is big. Might mean maybe Demario Davis may have to be an OLB but Te'O would be epic.

Round 2 I hate the thought of a QB....pure overreaction but I am a Sanchez guy so take that as what you want. If Keller is not brought back...we'll need a TE and the UCLA TE would be a perfect fit in round 2.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the 57th pick, were you being sarcastic when you called Devin Taylor short?

For the Pats, I would welcome a guard but I'm not completely sold on Cooper. If we're taking an interior OL I would hope we could land Warmack or Jones. In the second, Hunt would be an intriguing pick. He's like Vollmer in that he's a slightly older European born player who went to Houston and has some intriguing tools. He could be a nice fit at left end but I don't see us taking him, could be an interesting fit though.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
BHugh215
Rookie

BHugh215 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Going to be very interesting to see what Reggie McKenzie does with his Top5 pick. So many glaring holes. Jarvis, Hankins, Rhodes all available? Can't go wrong with either. 'Bingo for Mingo'!
BHugh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shane,

Give the bucs a cb. Dee Milner in round 1. They ll most likely retain Bennett and bowers and Clayborn healthy next year. Talib is an FA and I don't see him back. Not that good and troubled past.

2nd rd: if Tyler Wilson is there give him to the bucs bc Freeman is terrible.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pass rusher is definitely a need but when we take one will probably depend on if they're planning to use the scheme they are now where Odrick is a good fit on 1st and 2nd down. A guy to compete with Vernon as a rush specialist is probably needed. WR and DB are huge issues and I can't see them not addressing that in the first. LB is a bit of a need but with the major deficiences currently going on I can't see it being addressed early (unless Dansby is gone next year). Eric Reid would do wonders for this team replacing Chris Clemons.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lemonier to Dallas is one that I haven't given thought to before. I'm hesitant to buy it because the OL is so cruddy. Kyle Wilber was a training camp surprise before he injured his thumb. I think between him and Victor Butler the Cowboys would give them a chance if Spencer leaves in FA...which I'm starting to have doubts on because he is actually proving his worth this year.

Shawn Williams would be a great fit for us, imo. I like that pick a lot! The speed of our defense and our tackling is much improved, but we still lack a guy who can pack the intensity on the field and deliver a punishing hit. Williams is an intimidator and I like that about him.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geno and a safety?

Yes please.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well done Shane.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote