Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-02-2013, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Does Aaron Murray's Performance vs The Blackskirts Help Stock?

-Should he declare?
-Can he be a legitimate franchise QB in the NFL?
-#1 overall to KC?
-What the hell is going on in Lincoln, Nebraska?
Old 01-02-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#1 overall? I really don't see it.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The real question is how much Russell Wilson's performance is going to help Murray. The main knock on him is his height, so teams are likely going to be more lenient about him being 6'0 or 6'1 considering how well a 5'10 Wilson is doing. He should be a late 1st or early 2nd pick if he declares.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No.
No.
No.
No.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Murray a lot, but his performance against Nebraska will not do anything for his stock. Drafting a player based on Bowl game performance is how teams make big mistakes on draft day.
holt_bruce81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:36 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bowls are like vacations to a lot of players. I wouldn't take them too serious.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Georgia QB Aaron Murray is one of the most overrated prospects that I've seen in a while. Is it just because of his high school press clippings? I think Round 3 would be his ceiling, especially this year. Lots of physical shortcomings plus an inconsistent track record.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I think Georgia QB Aaron Murray is one of the most overrated prospects that I've seen in a while. Is it just because of his high school press clippings? I think Round 3 would be his ceiling, especially this year. Lots of physical shortcomings plus an inconsistent track record.
How could he be overrated when no one has a 1st round grade for him? Tyler Wilson is by far the most overrated qb in this class in my opinion
Old 01-02-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess he's overrated if you listen to the people who seriously believe he's a potential #1 overall pick. It wasn't his high school press clippings that led the country in passer rating while winning a lot of game. Yes, he has had some rough moments, but at least those have come vs some of the top defenses in the country.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I guess he's overrated if you listen to the people who seriously believe he's a potential #1 overall pick. It wasn't his high school press clippings that led the country in passer rating while winning a lot of game. Yes, he has had some rough moments, but at least those have come vs some of the top defenses in the country.
That's just it though. As tough as those defense are, they won't compare to what he'll face in the NFL, and he's done poorly against basically every good defense he's played.

I really liked him as a freshman, but I haven't seen much progression from him. I definitely wouldn't touch him in the first, and I'd be very hesitant to take him in the second.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
That's just it though. As tough as those defense are, they won't compare to what he'll face in the NFL, and he's done poorly against basically every good defense he's played.

I really liked him as a freshman, but I haven't seen much progression from him. I definitely wouldn't touch him in the first, and I'd be very hesitant to take him in the second.
Yeah, I think everyone knows that NFL defenses are tougher than college defenses. It's pretty widely known that college players going to the NFL can expect a step up in competition.

And saying he's never played well vs a good team is oversimplification and myth. First, what's your definition of a "good defense"? Also, he helped UGA score 28 vs Alabama. And they almost won the game.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Yeah, I think everyone knows that NFL defenses are tougher than college defenses. It's pretty widely known that college players going to the NFL can expect a step up in competition.

And saying he's never played well vs a good team is oversimplification and myth. First, what's your definition of a "good defense"? Also, he helped UGA score 28 vs Alabama. And they almost won the game.

If you're aware that defenses only get better in the pros, then it only makes sense to flag a prospect who struggles with good defenses at this level.

As for good defense? This year, of the teams he played, only South Carolina, Florida and Alabama would fit that definition for me. Collectively of those three, he was 41/88(46%), 524 yds, 2 TDs, 5 INTs. His best game was indeed versus Bama, but even then it was far from a great display.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 01-02-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I blasted him yesterday. I thought he had a crappy bowl game. Between his terrible accuracy problems (even on the long bomb it was a terrible throw), height, decent arm, lack of pure athleticism, and horrible play in big games (1-5 in bowls and championship games, 0-3 against South Carolina) I just don't see him doing something stupid and coming out this season.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I totally agree, round 3 at best for him. He is terribly inconsistent.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Draft advisory board disagrees. Considering they get paid to make these assessments I'd put more weight in their projection.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Oh, I disagree totally. I think he is very consistent. Awesome against terrible defenses and DI-AA opponents and absolutely dreadful in championship/bowl games and South Carolina.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Oh, I disagree totally. I think he is very consistent. Awesome against terrible defenses and DI-AA opponents and absolutely dreadful in championship/bowl games and South Carolina.
Because the other QBs in this class did so well against top 5 defenses like LSU, Alabama, and South Carolina right? Worst logic I've ever heard.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Because the other QBs in this class did so well against top 5 defenses like LSU, Alabama, and South Carolina right? Worst logic I've ever heard.
Really, so playing crappy when another team has as much talent as his own offense isn't a barometer of success to you? Georgia has great talent on both sides of the ball and if they had a great QB it could've made all the difference in the world. Even great defenses get lit up. You did say top 5 defenses, right? Isn't Florida ranked #5 and got lit up by Bridgewater DESPITE playing with significantly less talent around him than Murray does at Georgia.

Not to forget what Manziel did against Alabama and what Glennon did against FSU.

You can say what you want, but you're still wrong. Murray won't be drafted in round 1, he'll never be a quality starter, and I think it's doubtful he's stupid enough to come out this year... but then again, the QB prospects from this season are terrible and it might be his best shot to be one of the better ones.

Last edited by brasho : 01-03-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:47 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does Murray compare to Russell Wilson??
I was thinking mainly in terms of arm strength and accuracy???
Old 01-02-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
How does Murray compare to Russell Wilson??
I was thinking mainly in terms of arm strength and accuracy???
He doesn't. But since Russell Wilson is doing well even though he's short I'm sure teams will be more lenient about Murray's height. I thought that's what I said wasn't it?
Old 01-02-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha. Skirts. Like what a girl wears.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know who else won a lot of games at Georgia? David Greene. Eric Zeier too. :o)

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You know who else won a lot of games at Georgia? David Greene. Eric Zeier too. :o)
Quincy Carter was the Bomb-diggity.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Haters gonna hate. Aaron Murray will be starting next year (assuming he declares). He'll get off to a rough start I'm sure, but he definitely has the arm and mobility and pocket presence to succeed at the next level. If the Jets get him in the 2nd I'd be thrilled.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Haters gonna hate. Aaron Murray will be starting next year (assuming he declares). He'll get off to a rough start I'm sure, but he definitely has the arm and mobility and pocket presence to succeed at the next level. If the Jets get him in the 2nd I'd be thrilled.
I don't think he has the arm to succeed.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote