Join Date: Jan 2013
Championship Week 3 round mock with trades
If I forgot any big names or used someone in multiple picks, let me know. Used CBS for some ordering of the prospects
• Oakland trade 1st rounder to Miami for a 1st and 2nd rounder (IND)
• New York Jets trade 1st rounder to St. Louis for 1st and 3rd rounder
• New Orleans trades 1st round to San Francisco for 1st and 3rd (CAR)
• Buffalo trades 2nd and 3rd rounder to Green Bay for 1st round
• San Diego trades 1st rounder to Cincinnati for 1st rounder and 3rd
1. Kansas City- Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
- The Chiefs need a QB, and Smith is seeming the best of the bunch. Unless someone blows up at the Senior Bowl, Smith will go #1.
2. Jacksonville- Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
- The Jags added Babin in the middle of the pick and used a second rounder on Branch. The Jags add another talented big man at DT instead.
3. Miami (From Oak)- Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
- The Dolphins have multiple picks in rounds 1, 2, and 3. The Dolphins could let Jake Long walk and if that's the case, they should move up and take Joeckel, who can produce for much less.
4. Philadelphia- Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
- Hate this pick, but if Joeckel is off the board, the Eagles could use a DB to replace DRC and potentially Nnamdi.
5. Detroit- Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
- The Lions can use a DE with Avril and KVB potentially testing FA.
6. Cleveland- Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
- The Browns could use another pass rusher. Either DE or OLB, Jones can get to the QB.
7. Arizona- DeMontre Moore, DE/OLB, Texas A&M
- With no good QB or OT on the board, the Cards can use this pick on another pass rusher.
8. Buffalo- Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU
- The Bills are looking for a QB, but they can use another pass rusher opposite of Mario Williams.
9. St Louis (From NYJ)- Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
- Jets move down to get more talent/depth. Rams realize they have a weak crop of OT to work with, so they move up and get Eric Fisher, who could play LT or RT.
10. Tennessee- Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
- Seem like a perfect fit. Warmack helps open holes for Tennesee's backs and even helps Jake Locker a bit.
11. Cincinnati (From SD)- Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
- Bengals move up a bit thanks to SD moving back for a OT/more picks. Montgomery might be elevated in the draft thanks to his overall ability and the Bengals use him to help the pass rush.
12. Oakland (From MIA)- Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
- I love his game. I think he'll move up the draft board, thanks to his ability to play DE and DT. For the Raiders, you move down, get more picks, and add Williams to potentially play next to Seymour
13. Tampa Bay- Jonathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
- The Bucs have a monster need at CB, and Banks could come in and start right away.
14. Carolina- Matt Elam, S, Florida
- Sheldon Richardson or Matt Elam, and I went Elam. The Panthers need some help in the secondary, and Elam could start helping that position, and Carolina gets DT help in round 2.
15. San Francisco (From NO)- Sheldon Richardson, DE, Missouri
- 49ers have a couple of picks later as well, so they move up and get one of the more intriguing players in Sheldon Richardson as Smith's eventual replacement.
16. New York Jets (From STL)- Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon
- Jets move down to get more picks to help rebuild their team. The Jets need someone who could get to the QB, and Jordan has that skill.
17. Pittsburgh- Manti Te’o, ILB, Notre Dame
- Steelers will need someone who can play ILB next to Timmons. Thanks to a disappointing championship game, Te'o is here.
18. Dallas- Ziggy Ansah, DE, BYU
- Moving to the 4-3, the Cowboys will need another DE opposite of Ware. Ansah has the potential to be JPP 2.0, and that could intrigue Jerry.
19. New York Giants- Alec Ogletree, OLB, Georgia
- The Giants could use a OT, but ILB for now seems like the best talent. Ogletree has the upside to be great, and could create an impact early.
20. Chicago- Jonthan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
- Bears needs some help on that line, and Cooper helps immensely in the passing and running game.
21. San Diego (From CIN)- Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
- The Chargers move back, and grab one of the more interesting OT's in the 6-7 Johnson, who could give SD a RT starter.
22. St. Louis- Kenny Vacarro, S, Texas
- Rams need a WR, but they also need a S. Vacarro could come in right away and give them a ballhawk in the secondary.
23. Minnesota- Kennan Allen, WR, California
- The Vikings have a couple of weapons, but they throw in another in Keenan Allen, who could be the best WR in the draft.
24. Indianapolis- Barrett Jones, OG/OC, Alabama
- The Colts need to protect Andrew Luck, and Jones' versatility could provide some help to that young Colts line.
25. Buffalo (From GB)- Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse
- Bills lock in a need, and get the QB they want. I don't know if Nassib is this good, but he's played in the system. One half season of grooming and Nassib could be the starter in 2014.
26. Seattle- Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
- I mocked a TE to SEA and Zach Miller rose from the dead. Still, I think Eifert has potential to be amazing, and for Wilson, you get him another explosive weapon.
27. Houston- Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU
- Texans need a thumper in the middle, and they lack depth at ILB. Minter provides both.
28. Denver- John Jenkins, DT, Georgia
- The Broncos should add a DT who can help and stop the run. John Jenkins is that big run stuffer.
29. New England- Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
- The Pats could use another WR if Eldeman and Welker leave, Hunter has huge play ability, and could give Brady another explosive weapon.
30. Atlanta- Bennie Logan, DT, LSU
-The Falcons have 3 Defensive tackles hitting FA in the next two seasons. Bennie Logan could be a great DT who can be stout in the running game.
31. Baltimore- Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
- Boldin has looked impressive in the postseason, but he's still aging. Moving forward with making Flacco the leader, getting another WR could help.
32. New Orleans (From SF)- Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
- After moving down, the Saints still get one of their needs at DE. Okafor could start right away opposite Jordan.
33. Jacksonville- Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
34. Kansas City- Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor
35. Philadelphia- D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
36. Detroit- Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
37. Cincinnati- Giovanni Bernard, RB, North Carolina
38. Arizona- Matt Barkley, QB, USC
39. Cleveland- Supplemental Draft
40. New York Jets-Joseph Randle, RB, Oklahoma State
41. Tennessee- Eric Reid, S, LSU
42. Green Bay (From BUF)- Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
43. Miami- Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
44. Tampa Bay- Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia
45. Carolina- Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida
46. New Orleans- Bounty
47. San Diego- Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers
48. St. Louis- DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
49. Dallas- Mike Glennon, QB, North Carolina State
50. Pittsburgh- David Amerson, CB/S, North Carolina State
51. New York Giants- Larry Watford, OG, Kentucky
52. Chicago- Jordan Reed, TE, Florida
53. Washington- Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno State
54. Minnesota- Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
55. Cincinnati- Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State
56. Oakland (From MIA)- Chris Faulk, OT, LSU
57. Green Bay- Kyle Long, OT, Oregon
58. Seattle-William Gholston, DE, Michigan State
59. Houston- Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
60. Denver- Dallas Thomas, OG, Tennessee
61. New England- Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
62. Atlanta- Corey Lemonier, DE, Auburn
63. Baltimore- Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama
64. San Francisco- Tony Jefferson, S, Oklahoma
65. Kansas City- Will Davis, CB, Utah State
66. Jacksonville- Tank Carradine, DE, Florida State
67. Detroit- Justin Pugh, OT, Syracuse
68. Oakland- Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma
69. Philadelphia- Jordan Hill, DT, Penn State
70. Cleveland- Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
71. Arizona- Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State
72. Tennessee- Datone Jones, DE, UCLA
73. Green Bay (From BUF)- Chase Thomas, ILB/OLB, Stanford
74. New York Jets- Travis Fredrick, OG, Wisconsin
75. Tampa Bay- Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia
76. New Orleans (From SF)- Akeem Spence, DT, Illinois
77. New Orleans- Sean Porter, OLB, Texas A&M
78. San Diego- Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee
79. Miami- Robert Woods, WR, USC
80. New York Jets (From STL)- E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
81. Pittsburgh- Brandon Jenkins, OLB, Florida State
82. Dallas- Arthur Brown, OLB, Kansas State
83. New York Giants- Michael Buchanan, DE, Illinois
84. Miami- Malilciah Goodman, DE, Clemson
85. Minnesota- Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State
86. San Diego (From CIN)- Da’Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee State
87. Washington- Alvin Bailey, OG, Wisconsin
88. Indianapolis- Jon Bostic, ILB, Florida
89. Seattle- Rick Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
90. Green Bay- Stefan Taylor, RB, Stanford
91. Houston- Cobi Hamilton, WR, Arkansas
92. Denver- T.J. McDonald, S, USC
93. New England- Everett Dawkins, DT, Florida State
94. Atlanta- Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina
95. Baltimore- Baccari Rambo, S, Georgia
96. San Francisco- Khaled Holmes, OC/OG, USC