Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-25-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Winners / Losers

I know its early, but who are your winners and losers of the draft so far?

In the first round, winners have to be the Vikings. Get two immediate starters on defense with great value, and a potential stud in the long run with Patterson.

One loser, to me, has to be the Jets.... first you missed on Tavon, but then you draft Sheldon Richardson... please tell me where the fit is???

Discuss...

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:56 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not a fan of the pick. But the Titans got who many consider the best player in the draft, so I guess yay for us?

The truth will come out in the 2nd round, I hate judging drafts too early.

Right now, I'd say the biggest loser is the Dolphins. Traded up for a guy I'm just not a big fan of, maybe they'll run more of a hybrid and he'll fit fine. But right now it just seems a little too much.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:19 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I am not a fan of the pick. But the Titans got who many consider the best player in the draft, so I guess yay for us?

The truth will come out in the 2nd round, I hate judging drafts too early.

Right now, I'd say the biggest loser is the Dolphins. Traded up for a guy I'm just not a big fan of, maybe they'll run more of a hybrid and he'll fit fine. But right now it just seems a little too much.
So just because you're not a big fan of him, we're the biggest loser. Sound reasoning there.

We traded up from 12 into the top 3 to get the top pass rusher in the draft and only had to give up one pick (42) to do it. Sounds like a win to me. Not to mention, we still have a second rounder and two thirds. I don't care how you feel about the player, but we absolutely trade-raped the crap out of Oakland.

As for the player, as far as I know, Dion will probably be used the same way Denver uses Von Miller. He'll slot in an OLB replacing Koa Misi in the starting lineup in our base 4-3 packages. And on obvious passing downs he will replace Odrick on the strongside and be a terror coming off the edge opposite All-Pro Cameron Wake.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:22 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
So just because you're not a big fan of him, we're the biggest loser. Sound reasoning there.

We traded up from 12 into the top 3 to get the top pass rusher in the draft and only had to give up one pick (42) to do it. Sounds like a win to me. Not to mention, we still have a second rounder and two thirds. I don't care how you feel about the player, but we absolutely trade-raped the crap out of Oakland.

As for the player, as far as I know, Dion will probably be used the same way Denver does. He'll slot in an OLB replacing Koa Misi in the starting lineup in our base 4-3 packages. And on obvious passing downs he will replace Odrick on the strongside and be a terror coming off the edge opposite All-Pro Cameron Wake.
Why do people keep saying this? There's very little evidence that supports this.

I don't think Dion Jordan is the type of player worth trading up for. That's it. Not a fan of him. Don't think he's worth a top 15 selection let alone top 3. I think it was a reach and it's worse that they traded up to reach.

Just my opinion.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Biggest winner for me is the Panthers. Star is a perfect fit and getting him at 14 was great.

Biggest loser(s) for me were the Bears and Cowboys.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Simply Keak
Rookie

Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winners:

Patriots - Picked up a ton of picks. Much better deal than the Cowboys got and with a much lower selection.

Vikings - Made 3 great picks. If they don't add anyone else in the draft, I'd still give them an A.

Saints - NO MORE ROMAN HARPER THANK YOU BABY JESUS.

Loser:

Cowboys - Who?
Simply Keak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Biggest loser(s) for me were the Bears and Cowboys.
I think Kyle Long will be a player for a long time, good bloodlines, etc. Although a "reach" according to us, I think it's a good pick.
The pick by the Bills could be disasterous though, as well as of course what Dallas did.
Those guys both would have been around for maybe 2 more rounds, for sure 1 more round... super reaches. Plus Manuel is Terrell Pryor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Great value for sf to trade up to 18 and only giving up 31 and a 3rd rounder to get Eric Reid.

Vikings when really? They gave up a ton of picks to swap with NE. Much less then Sf had too.
Eric Reid probably would have been there at 31.
And the Vikings just got 3 studs..... so what they gave up a 2, 3 and 4. You go back 5 years and find any team who came away with 3 guys that studly..... plus they still have some picks left.
They hit the jackpot, trifecta.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Plus Manuel is Terrell Pryor.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great value for sf to trade up to 18 and only giving up 31 and a 3rd rounder to get Eric Reid.

Vikings when really? They gave up a ton of picks to swap with NE. Much less then Sf had too.
49erNation85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:00 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Eric Reid was kind of a reach.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It was worth it when you give up a bunch for a guy who has the potential to be an All Pro...

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also really like Star to Carolina.

Like I said in another thread, if the Vikings can hit on two of their three first round picks then their draft is off to a fantastic start. They have five picks left, so they should be able to find one more starter somewhere in day 3.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:10 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winners
1. Lions (Ansah): Next to Suh and Fairley that is a scary DLine.
2. Panthers (Star): Great value and fills a big need.
3. Falcons (Trufant): Being aggressive again and I love Trufant.
4. Vikings (Floyd): Steal at 23.
5. Packers (Datone): Said before the draft he would be DPOY. So happy.

Losers
1. Cardinals (Cooper): Did you just pick an OG #7?
2. Titans (Warmack): Too high for a guard and they could've traded back and picked Geno, lol.
3. Saints (Vaccaro): I don't like him at all.
4. Bills (Manuel): Hahahahahaha!
5. Cowboys (Frederick): So many good players available and you take a center?

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 04-26-2013 at 12:26 AM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post

Losers
2. Titans (Warmack): Too high for a guard and they could've traded back and picked Geno, lol.
Geno..Why would we do that? I mean he could still be there for us in the second. We just picked Locker two years ago and only have like 10 games to go on. Has he been a world beater? No not even close, but lets get a better sample size before moving on. Plus....you see that stomach of Warmack. That man just gets it.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Geno..Why would we do that? I mean he could still be there for us in the second. We just picked Locker two years ago and only have like 10 games to go on. Has he been a world beater? No not even close, but lets get a better sample size before moving on. Plus....you see that stomach of Warmack. That man just gets it.
Jake Locker sucks.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:30 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jake Locker sucks.
No player has ever improved after their first year of starting. But please ignore the rest of what I said again. But yes, the coaching staff that drafted him are going to give on him just like that.

When they are gone, yes QB is an option, but right now unrealistic.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jake Locker sucks.
Geno Smith sucks so much more. Somewhat evidenced by the fact that he's in Round 2.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:36 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Geno Smith sucks so much more. Somewhat evidenced by the fact that he's in Round 2.
Yeah, because draft position really dictates how good you are in the NFL.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jake Locker sucks.
So replace one sucky QB with another?

Munchak has just this season. He's not rolling with a rook.

When I look at the Warmack pick I think it's a very justifiable selection. Improves the run game, and the pass protection. Plus it kind of falls into the idea of drafting to win your division. The best player in our division is J.J. Watt. Chance Warmack is going to earn his money bashing helmets with that dude.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Titans are going with Levitre and Warmack over two guys who should be working at Costco. Major improvement.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Titans are going with Levitre and Warmack over two guys who should be working at Costco. Major improvement.
That's a pretty accurate description of the Titans interior OL last year.

Warmack wasn't my first choice, but their OL is monster on paper now.

Roos - Levitre - Velasco - Warmack - Stewart
Old 04-26-2013, 12:29 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Winners
1. Lions (Ansah): Next to Suh and Fairley that is a scary DLine.
2. Panthers (Star): Great value and fills a big need.
3. Falcons (Trufant): Being aggressive again and I love Trufant.
4. Vikings (Floyd): Steal at 23.
5. Packers (Jones): Said before the draft he would be DPOY. So happy.

Losers
1. Cardinals (Cooper): Did you just pick an OG #7?
3. Saints (Vaccaro): I don't like him at all.
4. Bills (Manuel): Hahahahahaha!
5. Cowboys (Frederick): So many good players available and you take a center?
It's funny that you knock teams for taking OG's. Top OG's are making 7.5 - 9 million as free agents. Both the Cards and Titans now have stud OG's locked in for at least 3 years at under 3 million. Plus what if Cooper becomes a 6 time pro bowler and Warmack a 4 time pro bowler? Were they bad picks then?

The reason OG's stopped going in the first round was because of the crazy MONEY being paid to top 10 picks. With the CBA taking care of that it's a new day in the draft process. You're just late in the new way of thinking.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
It's funny that you knock teams for taking OG's. Top OG's are making 7.5 - 9 million as free agents. Both the Cards and Titans now have stud OG's locked in for at least 3 years at under 3 million. Plus what if Cooper becomes a 6 time pro bowler and Warmack a 4 time pro bowler? Were they bad picks then?

The reason OG's stopped going in the first round was because of the crazy MONEY being paid to top 10 picks. With the CBA taking care of that it's a new day in the draft process. You're just late in the new way of thinking.
Yeah but most of those guards making all that money either came into the league as later round OTs or were drafted as guards well outside of the top 10.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Yeah but most of those guards making all that money either came into the league as later round OTs or were drafted as guards well outside of the top 10.
Games are won in the trenches anymore. Sure it's a passing league, but you need to protect that QB right? That;'s why outside the QB position, OL/DL WR and CB are more heavily coveted than Rbs and LBs really.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Games are won in the trenches anymore. Sure it's a passing league, but you need to protect that QB right? That;'s why outside the QB position, OL/DL WR and CB are more heavily coveted than Rbs and LBs really.
Still the lowest paid and lowest drafted position in the league for a reason.

You might have a case if awesome OGs couldn't be found in round 5. College OTs that are simply too bulky for OT in the pros often project to OG in the NFL. Like RBs, OGs should not be taken in the top 10. Occasionally there's the rare RB that deserves consideration (like AP) but rarely has there been OGs that deserved top 10 consideration.

You're right, it's now a passing league... one problem with that theory in its relation to OGs... OGs are more important to the running game.

Unless both Cooper and Warmack are perennial all-pros, their teams and fans will regret wasting top 10 selections on them.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote