Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 09-23-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mock Draft 1.0 - 9/23/13

Just posted the first mock draft of the year!

As always constructive criticism is not only welcomed but encouraged.

However, please have the courtesy to explain the reasoning behind your opinions.

Let's do our best to keep this thread fun and informative! Now... FIRE AWAY! :)

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Finz99
Pro Bowler

Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I do not see the Dolphins using their pick on a TE. The light for Charles Clay seems to have finally come on (and I realize it's only 3 weeks in) and he's become a solid target for Tannehill. On top of that, the Dolphins have used a 3rd and 4th round pick on a TE the past two drafts. If Charles Clay keeps up his growth, I would be shocked to see the Dolphins go TE. Offensive Line seems like a more obvious pick.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz99 View Post
Personally, I do not see the Dolphins using their pick on a TE. The light for Charles Clay seems to have finally come on (and I realize it's only 3 weeks in) and he's become a solid target for Tannehill. On top of that, the Dolphins have used a 3rd and 4th round pick on a TE the past two drafts. If Charles Clay keeps up his growth, I would be shocked to see the Dolphins go TE. Offensive Line seems like a more obvious pick.
I agree that if Clay, Sims or Egnew emerge this season that tight end won't be a priority. That still a big "If" at this point though. The first mock is always just an extremely rough draft. The picture will become a little clearer with each update, especially between the first and second.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets taking WR.

It is hard to say that Lee is the man right now. Watkins could be my preferable WR in the first round. How come there is no Mike Evans in this mock?
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
How come there is no Mike Evans in this mock?
I considered going with Evans over Brandon Coleman for the Ravens.

Ultimately I went with Coleman because I think there is a better chance he enters.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of good stuff there for sure. My first response would be we can know with near certainty that some team is going to fall in love with Johnny Manziel, not being in that camp is fine but i think he fits in there some where.

I'm kind of in the camp that thinks that Brett Hundley will be back for another season and regardless Blake Bortles of UCF would be a better pick for that area that the Vikings are slotted. I look at him as the Jay Cutler of this draft, a guy who will be better than guys drafted before him.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
A lot of good stuff there for sure. My first response would be we can know with near certainty that some team is going to fall in love with Johnny Manziel, not being in that camp is fine but i think he fits in there some where.

I'm kind of in the camp that thinks that Brett Hundley will be back for another season and regardless Blake Bortles of UCF would be a better pick for that area that the Vikings are slotted. I look at him as the Jay Cutler of this draft, a guy who will be better than guys drafted before him.
You're right, it only takes one team and someone could fall in love with Manziel just like the Broncos did with Tim Tebow. With that said Johnny Football is viewed as more of a Day 2 guy around the league (on the high end). Personally, I wouldn't touch him before Round 3.

Old 09-27-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
You're right, it only takes one team and someone could fall in love with Manziel just like the Broncos did with Tim Tebow. With that said Johnny Football is viewed as more of a Day 2 guy around the league (on the high end). Personally, I wouldn't touch him before Round 3.
I'd like to know why no love for Manzel? I think people's only argument on the guy is his size. QBs under 6"4 can make it in this league, see Wilson, Brees, and Vick. I'd be willing to bet my years salary that he goes 1st round.(of course a GM will fall in love with this guy) I think he could go really high in this upcoming draft really. You know the guy is going to sell tickets.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Shazier is fine. They would have to move Maualuga or Burfict to the SOLB because I only see Shazier as a WOLB.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of surprised that there is not Tajh Boyd in this draft. I like the Henderson pick for Seattle. Him and Okung would be solid bookend tackles for the Seahawks. I don't think the the Falcons would take Colt Lyerla. Come draft time I think he is going to have a lot of character concerns and he seems like the type of kid who would do well in the interview process and fall out of the first round. I would be surprised if Belichick took the CB from Oregon in the first round as he does not like taking true juniors early in the draft and rarely does so.

Last edited by Jcn92 : 09-23-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Jcn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
Kind of surprised that there is not Tajh Boyd in this draft.
I think Alabama's A.J. McCarron and Clemson's Tajh Boyd are the top two senior quarterback and then there is a drop-off, with as many as six to eight guys competing for the next slots.

At this point I have a Day 2 grade on both McCarron and Boyd, although I wouldn't rule out one or both sneaking into Round 1. It may depend on if guys like Hundley and Mariota come out.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Missing out on Roby would be disappointing but landing Barr would be very exciting for our defense.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:27 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coleman makes sense for the Ravens. Add him to Torrey Smith and Marlon Brown and that's a good looking receiving corps.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be difficult for you to find someone who loves Alabama defenders more than I do, but I'd prefer the best WR or maybe even TE on the board over Mosley.

Or you could have Hundley falling to 13. That would be neat too.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:21 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
It would be difficult for you to find someone who loves Alabama defenders more than I do, but I'd prefer the best WR or maybe even TE on the board over Mosley.

Or you could have Hundley falling to 13. That would be neat too.
Semi-agreed. CJ Mosely is ridiculously good, but they love Nico Johnson and Akeem Jordan has been solid while they wait for Nico to be ready.

WR seems like a big need, but that might be because the offense/Smith can't get the ball downfield/to Bowe. Hemingway seems good, Avery is definitely a priority to keep longer term, and Bowe is locked up for a bit.

They'll pretty much 100% go "BPA" again. I suppose that's probably Mosely, anyway.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:53 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Semi-agreed. CJ Mosely is ridiculously good, but they love Nico Johnson and Akeem Jordan has been solid while they wait for Nico to be ready.

WR seems like a big need, but that might be because the offense/Smith can't get the ball downfield/to Bowe. Hemingway seems good, Avery is definitely a priority to keep longer term, and Bowe is locked up for a bit.

They'll pretty much 100% go "BPA" again. I suppose that's probably Mosely, anyway.
Gotta admit I struggled to find a good fit for the Chiefs before settling on Mosley. Also thought about safety, wide receiver and defensive end. I'll be interested to hear Jinx's thoughts.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:06 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Gotta admit I struggled to find a good fit for the Chiefs before settling on Mosley. Also thought about safety, wide receiver and defensive end. I'll be interested to hear Jinx's thoughts.
I'm no Jinx, but I'll throw out my two cents anyway:

Defensive end might be a good fit. Tyson Jackson has played out of his mind this year, but I think Mike DeVito is really "just a guy" at the other spot. It could be upgraded.

Safety isn't a need at all. Kendrick Lewis isn't great, but he's serviceable and they drafted Sanders Commings who could start there when he's healthy.

Wide receiver is a huge need for this team. Donnie Avery has shown up the last few weeks, and Bowe is Bowe, but they could use a legitimate threat to go along with them.

TE might also not be bad. Fasano and Kelce are hurt, but I don't think Fasano is in their long term plans. Kelce obviously is, so pairing him with another stud TE wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:33 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@Scott Wright

What position will De'Anthony Thomas head into the combine as RB or WR and which will he be a bigger asset at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
@Scott Wright

What position will De'Anthony Thomas head into the combine as RB or WR and which will he be a bigger asset at?
That's the big question!

As you can see I listed Thomas as a RB / WR / RS in the mock draft. For the time being I have him as a running back, but "Offensive Weapon" is probably a more appropriate designation.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Bakhtiari has played very well the first 3 weeks. With Bulaga and him, the future actually looks very bright at OT for the Packers.
Now, you're right in saying that the OLine is a concern, but it is mainly the interior, specifically center. Evan Dietrich-Smith should not be starting.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
David Bakhtiari has played very well the first 3 weeks. With Bulaga and him, the future actually looks very bright at OT for the Packers.
Now, you're right in saying that the OLine is a concern, but it is mainly the interior, specifically center. Evan Dietrich-Smith should not be starting.
Bakhtari has played well for a rookie 4th round pick, but I don't think you pass on a guy who could really settle that position because you have Bakhtari.

As for Bulaga...ACLs are much harder for big men to recover from. There is no guarantee that he returns to pre-injury form. Not saying this is a Sherrod situation but I wouldn't be shocked if Bulaga moves inside after this injury.

If there is an OT available that TT and McCarthy think can lock down that side, I have no problem with it. I would like an injection of top tier talent into the OL. Coaching up mid-round picks and UDFAs is commendable but they must commit to protecting the franchise.
TimmG6376 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I do like the idea of the Seahawks adding another marquee tackle, there's a part of me that's leery of picking a "high-upside" guy who's got injury concerns, because that sounds like what we've already had, and as a Seahawks fan it's been pretty frustrating to have our best lineman (Okung) seemingly a perpetual feature on the injury list as well the other lineman (Carpenter) we picked in the first round. Not against going RT late in the first, but I'm dying to see what our line would be like if only they could stay healthy for an extended stretch.

(Edit): Also, jfwiw - If there's a weakness on our defense, I think Daniel McCullers fits the profile of the remedy to a 'T'.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 09-23-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
While I do like the idea of the Seahawks adding another marquee tackle, there's a part of me that's leery of picking a "high-upside" guy who's got injury concerns, because that sounds like what we've already had, and as a Seahawks fan it's been pretty frustrating to have our best lineman (Okung) seemingly a perpetual feature on the injury list as well the other lineman (Carpenter) we picked in the first round. Not against going RT late in the first, but I'm dying to see what our line would be like if only they could stay healthy for an extended stretch.

(Edit): Also, jfwiw - If there's a weakness on our defense, I think Daniel McCullers fits the profile of the remedy to a 'T'.

Seattle is reaching a point where they are going to need to replace big UFA contracts from the '10/'11 seasons. They already have 2 OT prospects they hit on in the 7th round and UDFA (Bowie/Bailey) that figure to replace Giacomini and McQuistan next year. While they were considering OL in '13 on day 2, they didn't like the options and went elsewhere. I wouldn't expect an OL pick until day 3 given how well they did late last year. Bowie and Bailey are already getting play time now and are developing nicely, if off the radar nationally.

McCullers is a good choice. Brandon Mebane and Red Bryant are also large salaries that Seattle will consider losing in order to extend Sherman. They drafted Jesse Williams last year probably with an eye toward doing that but his knee he injured late in '12 is still not right. They could easily hedge that investment. McCullers is a unique player physically and Seattle loves that in it's draft choices.

I expect Seattle to go WR early this year. Tate will be UFA and Seattle will have hard choices to keep him or Rice or both. With Harvin at 10m/yr and Rice at 9m/yr, Seattle can't commit 20-25% of their cap at WR. They will almost assuredly seek to reload on cheaper talent on the outside. Taking a WR early and losing Rice would allow them to entertain a resign of Tate who the team loves. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Seattle takes 2 WRs and drops Rice and allows Tate to walk either.

For purposes of a mock draft, if you're hoping to get close to who Seattle might choose, I would look at 2nd round options to mock in round 1. Seattle will almost assuredly trade out of round 1 as they've tried to do so with every first round pick save the Okung selection. But when they can't, they have shown the willingness to take round 2 guys half a round early and not bat an eye. A good candidate for that might be a Jordan Taylor (Rice) or Allen Robinson (PSU). Robinson to me looks like a guy we'd be especially high on.

Unless an Antonio Richardson falls to them in round 1, they are unlikely to select an OL there. It would have to be a freakish drop in talent that a mock wouldn't anticipate.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd really like the Barr pick. As you mention the offensive line will be a point of focus and there should be some tempting options there, but Barr would be a beautiful impact addition to our defense. Been too many years of trying to get something out of bottom of the barrel names like Merriman and Jerry Hughes.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like the Jernigan pick for Dallas. He should be in the mix if he has a good season, but if has no "wow" factor, then Jerry will look the other way.

Personally, I'm thinkin' this guy... he even has Sapp's body type.

Where does Sutton project for you?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote