Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 03-23-2014, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Lightbulb < AL Only Fantasy Baseball League 2014 >

Last minute, but we should be able to get this thrown together in time.

Members:
Xiomera
Giantsfan1080
BloodBrother
jballa838
Hines
Brodeur
Fenikz

Please make suggestions for time and date of the draft later this week. Sunday night, the 23rd, is obviously the absolute latest we could draft.

Last edited by Xiomera : 03-23-2014 at 10:26 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reserved .....
Old 03-23-2014, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Just tossing this out there as an initial proposal — Wednesday night draft, maybe 9 p.m. EST. I realize we have to accommodate BloodBrother, who is on the West Coast.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:20 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Just tossing this out there as an initial proposal Wednesday night draft, maybe 9 p.m. EST. I realize we have to accommodate BloodBrother, who is on the West Coast.
That works for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wed at 9 works for me as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I work nights, so that wouldn't be great for me. Thursday at the same time would be better for me, since I only work 4 days this week.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Anyone object to Thursday at 9 p.m.?
Old 03-23-2014, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe that works for me also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-23-2014, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Hines, we will aim for Thursday, but it anyone objects, it'll be difficult to accommodate you.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:00 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thursday 9 PM EST? That would work for me
Old 03-23-2014, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Fenikz is our 7th and final member.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:38 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never done AL or NL only league, so it should be fun to do something new
Old 03-23-2014, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Everyone please check out the settings.

5x5 Roto scoring with OBP in place of the traditional AVG. That much I am not open to changing. I don't want to be progressive, stubborn as it may be.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

My main question:

Is there interest in making this a potential keeper league or do we want to play for 2014 only?

I'm always in favor of a keeper league, but the trouble of maintaining full participation and interest among every member always seems to crop up when I launch a league. Thoughts?
Old 03-23-2014, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fine with whatever.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:54 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

5x5 cats look fine

if it's keeper, how many are we talking? With 7 teams, would we be looking at a higher # of keepers or what?
Old 03-23-2014, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

IF it's a keeper league, I'd still only want between 4 and 7 keepers each. Just enough to retain a core of players.

EDIT: This won't be a league where prospects are all that relevant regardless. I want everyone focused on winning in the present to make it as competitive as possible.

Last edited by Xiomera : 03-23-2014 at 10:59 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:00 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

5-6 should be good enough

what's the NA spot for? Is that for a prospect or something? Or just more flexibility for when players go on bereavement list or something and miss some games and you can just put them on NA and add a player to fill in for the time being
Old 03-23-2014, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

You've got it right, Blood. NA slot serves both those purposes. I like that Yahoo allows for that. ESPN doesn't have it.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:17 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Same. Good addition to things
Old 03-24-2014, 07:25 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not a big deal, but I feel like if we have 4 RPs, we should have holds as a category. If no one else wants it, that's fine though.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
It's not a big deal, but I feel like if we have 4 RPs, we should have holds as a category. If no one else wants it, that's fine though.
I see your point, but there's no way I'm giving holds as much weight in the scoring as home runs, which is what I'd have to do in Roto scoring.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Im fine with anything.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-24-2014, 11:16 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be in if you got room for me, if not it's fine.

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
I'll be in if you got room for me, if not it's fine.
League filled up, KCJ. Sorry man.