Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-21-2006, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Biletnikoff Finalists

Couple of days old, but the Biletnikoff finalists were named recently. They are:

Calvin Johnson, Georgia Tech - 57 receptions, 886 yards, 13 TD's

Jarrett Dillard, Rice - 76 receptions, 1031 yards, 17 TD's

Jeff Samardzija, Notre Dame - 64 receptions, 879 yards, 10 TD's
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:43 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

the rice guy's numbers are great, but i don't see how this isn't Johnson. Samardzija would have a great argument if his quarterback wasn't one of the 3 or 4 best in college football.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought there were several better candidates than Samardzija.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:55 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

i haven't actually seen Rice plaay this year... is Dillard solely there for his numbers?
Old 11-21-2006, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I haven't either, but you'd have to believe that the TD numbers caught alot of people's attention. He's #1 in the nation in receiving TD's to go along with fantastic reception and yardage numbers. Rice is only 6-5 this year. Dillard is a small guy, 5'11, 160 lbs and has caught at least 1 TD in every game.

Not to be too much of a homer, but I thought Robert Meachem should've got some love. 61 receptions, 1149 yards and 10 TD's. Oh well.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Romarville
Rookie

Romarville hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I've never even heard of Dillard. It's kind of hard to front on those stats though. It should be CJ given the double teams and poor QB, but It's kinda hard no to give it to Dillard.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53
I haven't either, but you'd have to believe that the TD numbers caught alot of people's attention. He's #1 in the nation in receiving TD's to go along with fantastic reception and yardage numbers. Rice is only 6-5 this year. Dillard is a small guy, 5'11, 160 lbs and has caught at least 1 TD in every game.

Not to be too much of a homer, but I thought Robert Meachem should've got some love. 61 receptions, 1149 yards and 10 TD's. Oh well.
Hell, you're not being a homer at all. Meachem should be on there before Dillard and Samardzija. He has been very productive and consistant and raised his game to a new level.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:39 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

CJ unless Dillard commands half the attenion CJ gets every game.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:02 PM    (permalink
JDRaymond

Even though Dillard has the best stats he dosent face quite the competition johnson and samardzija faces. And samardzija is good dont get me wrong but he has the top qb in the nation throwing to him. Johnson deserves it the most
Old 11-21-2006, 07:08 PM    (permalink

I don't think anyone could make an arguement for Samardzija. He has the worst stats despite having the best QB of the three.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:09 PM    (permalink

Quote:
I don't think anyone could make an arguement for Samardzija. He has the worst stats despite having the best QB of the three.
They still have another game left, what are you talking about? He could easily get acouple TD's in one game and make his case?

That being said, I dont think he should or will win.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:12 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland31
Quote:
They still have another game left, what are you talking about? He could easily get acouple TD's in one game and make his case?

Calvin Johnson has two games left (Georgia, ACC championship) and Dillard can make a statement with a big game against Boise State.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Old 11-21-2006, 07:12 PM    (permalink

So its fair to say noone is out of it yet....
Old 11-21-2006, 07:13 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

Quote:
So its fair to say noone is out of it yet....
I don't think Samardijiza has much of a chance, but yeah.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Old 11-21-2006, 07:14 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:

I'm sorry I just don't see him getting 7 TD's against USC but hey it's entirely possible. :roll:
Old 11-21-2006, 07:15 PM    (permalink

Quote:
I'm sorry I just don't see him getting 7 TD's against USC but hey it's entirely possible.
Well its pretty easy to see Calvin Johnson winning, but according to your recent TD theory, Johnson prolly wont even win because he is 4 behind the leader :(
Old 11-21-2006, 07:17 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
I'm sorry I just don't see him getting 7 TD's against USC but hey it's entirely possible.
Well its pretty easy to see Calvin Johnson winning, but according to your recent TD theory, Johnson prolly wont even win because he is 4 behind the leader :(
Did you even read my post before? For Samardzija to even have a chance he would need better stats, which he does not have. CJ is in a completely different situation than Shark is.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:18 PM    (permalink

not according to your post? TD's are what matter, lol dont post what you dont mean!
Old 11-21-2006, 07:20 PM    (permalink

Quote:
not according to your post? TD's are what matter, lol dont post what you dont mean!
Quote:
That is what I had posted. Please learn to read before joining an online forum.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:22 PM    (permalink

Keep argueing and name calling, if it makes you feel better.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:23 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Keep argueing and name calling, if it makes you feel better.
I'll take that as admission of your illiteracy and incorrectness.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:25 PM    (permalink

Were talking football my lad, not grammar, spelling, punctuation or whatever you need to use in order to get 1 up in an arguement!
Old 11-21-2006, 07:34 PM    (permalink
danman253

Its CJ by a friggin mile.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:50 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EB will win it next year 8)

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:01 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Were talking football my lad, not grammar, spelling, punctuation or whatever you need to use in order to get 1 up in an arguement!
and yet you consistently fail to argue anything. you've added absolutely nothing to any discussion you've been a part of. please think before just randomly hitting submit. i'm also curious where, in this thread, anyone called you a name?