Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 04-10-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default wow...

If Miami took Gholston at #1 that would sure shake up the first few picks.....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Also We are talking with Derrick Harvey was well. No one seriously thinks we are looking at him for the number 1 pick tho. I wonder if he is our choice as a 3-4 OLB in this draft and are looking at a trade up in the event he drops some. Wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility if he drops to the 20 range (Minnesota at 17??) that maybe we package JT and some picks to go up and get him??

Kinda makes you think. Jake Long and Derrick Harvey would be amazing for our 1st 2 picks.
Joe,

I agree that it would be great, but how does JT deal not screw the other team? You pointed out when I suggested getting a 2 and a 4 and couple of moves that it was too much, but now you suggest a #1 pick for him? What kind of deal are you talking about?
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Joe,

I agree that it would be great, but how does JT deal not screw the other team? You pointed out when I suggested getting a 2 and a 4 and couple of moves that it was too much, but now you suggest a #1 pick for him? What kind of deal are you talking about?
Go re read my post before you jump all over my back man. I said JT and some lower picks.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Walter Sobchak

WOW thebow get over Vernon Gholston he WILL BE A BUST in the NFL
Old 04-10-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
As a 3-4 OLB he's as close to a sure thing as there is available on the defensive side of the ball in this draft.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Walter Sobchak

no way the guy is all muscle and is a typical combine bust
Old 04-10-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
no way the guy is all muscle and is a typical combine bust
He's got the production in college necessary to back up all that physical talent.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Walter Sobchak

maybe but either long would be a safer and better draft pick
Old 04-10-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quote:
Go re read my post before you jump all over my back man. I said JT and some lower picks.
Joe,

Unless you were to put a #2 in the deal for Minnesota (which I would not do), why would they give up a #1? Come on now, I am not trying to break your stones, but you came down hard and said the JT deal I talked about with Jax was unfair for them. I can't see how the kind of deal you are talking about is not completely in Miami's favor........
Old 04-10-2008, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Joe,

Unless you were to put a #2 in the deal for Minnesota (which I would not do), why would they give up a #1? Come on now, I am not trying to break your stones, but you came down hard and said the JT deal I talked about with Jax was unfair for them. I can't see how the kind of deal you are talking about is not completely in Miami's favor........
Dude, you came out with actual numbers and details about a trade and wanted our input and I thought it was a rediculous trade for Jacksonville.

All I did was come up with an idea on why we may be talking to Harvey. I didn't throw out any details, I didn't propose anything specific like you did. All I did was saying that maybe Parcells was thinking of putting JT together with picks to move up and draft Harvey.There was never anything more then that to it. In fact the only mention of a team was Minnesota as a side note with question marks around it because they had shown previous interest in JT. I never specifically said we need to trade with Minnesota or anything of that nature.

You came up with a full flegged trade proposal that was very unfair in my eyes.

All I did was speculate on ideas the coaching staff might have. There's nothing fair or unfair about speculation. And certainly nothing to jump all over me about.

How you made the leap from "I wonder is Tuna wants to put JT with some picks to get Harvey" into "Minnesota will never give up 17 for JT, you trade idea is horrible" is beyond me.

Last edited by Joeyjr09 : 04-10-2008 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quote:
Dude, you came out with actual numbers and details about a trade and wanted our input and I thought it was a rediculous trade for Jacksonville.

All I did was come up with an idea on why we may be talking to Harvey. I didn't throw out any details, I didn't propose anything specific like you did. All I did was saying that maybe Parcells was thinking of putting JT together with picks to move up and draft Harvey.There was never anything more then that to it. In fact the only mention of a team was Minnesota as a side note with question marks around it because they had shown previous interest in JT. I never specifically said we need to trade with Minnesota or anything of that nature.

You came up with a full flegged trade proposal that was very unfair in my eyes.

All I did was speculate on ideas the coaching staff might have. There's nothing fair or unfair about speculation. And certainly nothing to jump all over me about.

How you made the leap from "I wonder is Tuna wants to put JT with some picks to get Harvey" into "Minnesota will never give up 17 for JT, you trade idea is horrible" is beyond me.
Joe,

Fair enough. But you threw an idea out there about trading JT for a draft pick and did not give any details or ideas behind it. How do you speculate on something if there is no detail to it?
Old 04-10-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Joe,

Fair enough. But you threw an idea out there about trading JT for a draft pick and did not give any details or ideas behind it. How do you speculate on something if there is no detail to it?
Did you seriously ask how I can speculate on something if there is no detail?

Dude, if there were details, it wouldn't be speculation.

Jacksonville being interested in JT is a fact. Has been reported and written by many people. There are details to back it up.

Me sitting a wondering whether Parcells wants to trade up for Harvey is speculation. There's nothing to back it. It's just ideas being thrown around.

See the difference? Didn't you learn this stuff in grade school?
Old 04-10-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't remember asking you. Who are you anyway?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
maybe but either long would be a safer and better draft pick
That's your opinion, and you should probably keep it to yourself next time instead of making brash, outlandish comments where they are not needed.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 04-10-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Nothing here is a guarantee. In the end I see Gholston as the pick.
Thank you!

Old 04-11-2008, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Someone tell Bow to please stop with the double posts all the time. All day I've seen a bunch of these:

This message is hidden because thebow305 is on your ignore list.

It kills to try reading thru a thread and see 1952390542 of the same thing over and over cause the guy can't keep it all in 1 post.

BBC no offense but you do the same thing. Instead of making double posts just hit the edit button and add it to the post you already made. It'll be easier if we start cleaning up this kinda stuff now before we hit draft day and have a real mess of posts on our hands.

Last edited by Joeyjr09 : 04-11-2008 at 02:15 AM.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:40 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Someone tell Bow to please stop with the double posts all the time. All day I've seen a bunch of these:

This message is hidden because thebow305 is on your ignore list.

It kills to try reading thru a thread and see 1952390542 of the same thing over and over cause the guy can't keep it all in 1 post.

BBC no offense but you do the same thing. Instead of making double posts just hit the edit button and add it to the post you already made. It'll be easier if we start cleaning up this kinda stuff now before we hit draft day and have a real mess of posts on our hands.
Haha, why didnt you just tell me yourself instead of crying about it, or how about unblocking me to see all my good points.