Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-08-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton will be forced into multiple INT's because he will be forced to throw every down because the Colts running game will do diddly squat.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Ravens are not the Chiefs and the Colts aren't playing a dome anymore.

Ravens: 21
Colts: 10
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
JCshutEmDown
Rookie

JCshutEmDown hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For those who think the Ravens defense will eat up Manning

2004- 20/33 249 1/0- 94.1 rating
2005- 21/36 254 2/0- 98.6 rating
JCshutEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Peyton plays like Peyton the Colts should win.

I agree about their run offense, I'd be surprised if they top 60. Peyton will have to carry them in this one.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts win 35 24
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43
Colts win 35 24
no way they score 35 on the best defense in the NFL. your just mad the Ravens dominated the steelers this year.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hmmm

I see this game playing out similar to the Steelers-Colts game last year, except the Ravens are better than the Steelers were last year and they are at home. I think people picking the Colts are underestimating the importance of the bye week and home field advantage. I think the Ravens and their crowd will get on the Colts early and by the time the Colts recover it'll be too late.

Ravens 27 - Colts 17

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Scorch
Veteran

Scorch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I see the Ravens winning in a close one. Something like 16 - 13.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation
Default Re: hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp
I think people picking the Colts are underestimating the importance of the bye week and home field advantage.
nope, i'm just not underestimating the best qb and the nfl and i'm not overestimating a weak offense. anyone who thinks the ravens can walk in and take this game without second thought is, in my opinion, a homer ravens fan or didn't pay attention all season.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Ogden will do better then he has in the past against Freeny, I think he knows that it is his last chance to get another ring and possibly his last game in Baltimore.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
I think people picking the Colts are underestimating the importance of the bye week and home field advantage.
nope, i'm just not underestimating the best qb and the nfl and i'm not overestimating a weak offense. anyone who thinks the ravens can walk in and take this game without second thought is, in my opinion, a homer ravens fan or didn't pay attention all season.
Or they see the fact that the colts have lost their last 4 road games as a weakness.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim3031
Quote:
Quote:
Or they see the fact that the colts have lost their last 4 road games as a weakness.
ahhh, so because they've lost their last 4 on the road, baltimore is going to blow them out and one could reasonably conclude that indy has less than no chance?
Old 01-08-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
ahhh, so because they've lost their last 4 on the road, baltimore is going to blow them out and one could reasonably conclude that indy has less than no chance?
They have reasonable doubt to conclude that the Ravens are an overall better team with home field advantage. Not to mention a history of poor playoff performances under Tony Dungy.

No one can really predict a blowout. So both predicting them and criticizing people for predicting them seems awfully pointless.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
They have reasonable doubt to conclude that the Ravens are an overall better team with home field advantage. Not to mention a history of poor playoff performances under Tony Dungy.

No one can really predict a blowout. So both predicting them and criticizing people for predicting them seems awfully pointless.
one would've assumed you actually read my post before complaining about it. you may want to go back and re-read the bold part before we continue a thoroughly worthless conversation.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

one would've assumed you actually read my post before complaining about it. you may want to go back and re-read the bold part before we continue a thoroughly worthless conversation.
One could say the same thing about virtually any playoff match up. These teams are supposed to be good, no game is a gimme.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

J-Crack >>> Colts Run D....

Ravens are going to try and to pass the ball early than start pounding it. The Chiefs gameplan was seriously weak. I figured a freaking 4 year old put it together. The Colts were only .500 on the road this season, HELLO.

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one-week layoff may hurt the Ravens, who really knows, but comparing regular season stats and what the playoffs could bring is not a good way of determining who wins. The playoffs are a different breed, the stats from Week 1-Week 17 matter but they aren't going to get you anywhere. I'm a homer, so I'm obviously picking the Colts but I don't think Manning will be shaken. The INTs were not poor passes like they were in Playoffs of the Past. They were simple miscommunications between Manning and Harrison, while rare, they still happen. Has it happened before like it has on Sunday? No. Is there a reason to believe it'll happen consecutively? I don't think so.

BTW, J-Crack, lol.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

one thing that people are overlooking is the way baltiomre plays with rest...

after our bye, we were the 1st team to beat the saints in the superdome this year
- after our loss to the bengals, billick gave the team a 5 day rest, which was another bye, and then we came out and beat the chiefs at arrowhead
-also we havnt lost after a bye since something like 2001

baltimore is a veteran team who needs rest... the bye helped those aging players rest and they will be scary saturday

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeys
J-Crack >>> Colts Run D....

Ravens are going to try and to pass the ball early than start pounding it. The Chiefs gameplan was seriously weak. I figured a freaking 4 year old put it together. The Colts were only .500 on the road this season, HELLO.
IIRC, last week it was Larry Johnson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>......>>>Colts Run D. We saw how that worked out.

We beat the Giants, Pats and Broncos all on the road. This team steps up in big games, I think they do it again this week.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We all know Peyton will choke.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky
We all know Peyton will choke.
Yep, Peyton is nothing but a choke artist. :roll: Please. Peyton is very clutch QB. His team always collapses around him in the playoffs.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

I think we will win this game pretty easily....we will come out fired up and we WILL pressure Manning.

Do people realize that Peyton threw 3 picks last week against the woeful KC defense? And he was at home? I don't even want to know what he is gonna do against us. :twisted:

He's gonna have to play 10 times better than last week because Joseph Addai won't be much of a factor.

23-10 Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
This team steps up in big games
lol what has led you to make that comment? peyton is arguably the best QB in the game and he's never been to a SB.

you're really contradicting urself with alot of ur statements.

first you say that the colts step up in big games,

and then you say that peyton doesn't choke, his teammates collapse around him. :?
Old 01-08-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got the Colts.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:13 AM    (permalink
YouNeverKnow
Rookie

YouNeverKnow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think it will be a close game especially through the first half similar to the home game last year except this time the Ravens will be the one pushing the colts around.

I think there are a few major factors that will influence the outcome of the game.

The last two games Freeney ate Odgen up but Odgen has been playing the best ball of the last few years this time around. The major thing that was missing in the game last year was a power running game against the Colts small ends. I believe that Billick will start by calling numerous runs to the left side to let Odgen and Mughelli get a few early shorts in on Freeney unlike Matt used to.

The crowd noise will also be a big factor since the Ravens will audible and move around at the line a lot much like last year and Manning will not be able to audible as much as he normally can. But watching the offense and defense of the Colts and Ravens play each other last year was probably the highlight of the year for me, it was like a chess match.

The Ravens secondary might have trouble against Wayne and Harrison. Cmac has been playing great ball this year I expect him to contain, not shutdown, Harrison for the game and possibly get a pick along with his customary two pass interference calls per game. The real question mark is how will Rolle be able to play against Wayne. If Rolle gets beat early deep it will be a long day for the Ravens since it will force them to commit a safety over the top all game on him, rather then being able to mix the coverages up more.

The Ravens Defensive Line against the Colts offensive line is the most importart matchup though. I expect Suggs and Pryce to win most of the one on one matchups they get but the real problem is going to be getting to Manning without him being able to step up. If Ngata and Gregg are able to get penetration against the middle three of the Colts, it will be the end for Manning as he will not have a strong pocket to avoid the outside rush.

I'd have to say 27 - 21 for the Ravens.
YouNeverKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:24 AM    (permalink
2drama
Veteran

2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.

does any colts fan want to bet

than if the colts lose they would not sign in for 1 week

if the raven lose i will not sign in for a week

deal or no deal