Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:55 PM    (permalink
tjpackers
Rookie

tjpackers needs more cowbell.

colts( the pats have lost lots of players including samuels) and the pack ( even with brett gone they are good and eli isn't consistint with his play. ill admitt he did good in last year but i don't c it happening again
tjpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to say the Giants and the Chargers. The Chargers play in the worst division in football (next season) and the Giants are just awesome. The Pats will not make the playoffs because the Jets and Bills will both be teams over .500 next year and they might lose another couple games here of there. I'm just hoping for a meltdown from them.

On a side note, one team that I believe will make the playoffs and possibly win its division with 10 games is the Rams.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts are going to use 2007 to fuel them this year like they used 2005 to fuel them for 2006. Mark my words.

Both the Chargers and Patriots have great front sevens, but you can pass on them. Which the Colts have done and will do.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really off-topic here, but with all of this talk about the playoffs, one team that I am thinking might be overrated is the Jags or mroe specifcally David Garrard. Is it really a coincidence that Garrard has a great season when a new OC comes into play?

Also, Dirk Koetter made Andrew Walter seem like an NFL starting QB. Keep that in mind.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Garrard, his big mistake in 2006 was turnovers (as Jags fans calling him Captain Turnover can attest), but he cut that out in 2007. He's not sabotaging the franchise like Leftwich did, Garrard can play. They don't have a big playmaker who can receive, but they have a lot of talented guys and just need an accurate guy to deliver the ball around to them.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more interesting stat is in the last 4 years 8 different teams have been in the NFC championship game.

Last edited by Damix : 04-16-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see any of these AFC East teams overtaking the Patriots in the division. I'd love to see it happen, but none of them are that close to closing the gap.

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 04-16-2008 at 06:35 PM.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Patriots are going to be similar to the 04 Colts when Manning threw for 49 TDs but they had almost no defense whatsoever.

Their secondary has to give, last year it started to. Run defense will still be ok.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I can't see any of these AFC East teams overtaking the Patriots in the division. I'd love to see it happen, but none of them are that close to closing the gap.

^ And I'm pretty sure the Patriots have been there twice in the last 4 years

NFC, sorry.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I've got a better stat.

Every year the Giants win a Superbowl, the skins win the year after (XXV, XXI).
Old 04-16-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
I think the Giants are a lock.

Reese has proven to be great in the draft, they only lost a few guys and might possibly lose Strahan.

The biggest thing for them is that Eli must have all the confidence in the world. New York loves him now, his teammates have his back. He should be very solid and I would expect a Pro Bowl year.

Giants, Pats, Chargers should all get in. I would say Greenbay would be most likely to fall off. Aaron Rodgers could suck.
Nothing is a lock in the NFL and the Giants were the wildcard last season so they didn't exactly play that great. To me Eli still has to prove that he can be a good QB for a long period of time. Playing well for 5 or 6 games last year does not mean he'll make the pro bowl next year.

Just because Resse had a great draft last year doesn't mean he'll hit all his picks this year your giving the guy way to much credit...but i guess things like that happen when you win a Super Bowl