Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 04-07-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default I'm doing a Dolphins mock draft and would appreciate some input

We're doing a mock draft on another site and I'm the Dolphins. I took Gholston #1 and Cherilus #32. What positions should I address for the rest of the draft? I was thinking Wheeler with the next pick in the 2nd round.

http://www.fvsports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59616

This link is for your reference only. I am not encouraging you to become a member, as you do not need to sign up to view the mock draft thread.

Any advice is appreciated.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

If you can trade down a handful of spots and get an extra pick, do it. If not, look at Chilo Rachal, Erin Henderson, James Hardy and Cliff Avril before looking at Wheeler.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:53 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
We're doing a mock draft on another site and I'm the Dolphins. I took Gholston #1 and Cherilus #32. What positions should I address for the rest of the draft? I was thinking Wheeler with the next pick in the 2nd round.

http://www.fvsports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59616

This link is for your reference only. I am not encouraging you to become a member, as you do not need to sign up to view the mock draft thread.

Any advice is appreciated.
Man, I hope we take Gholston and Cherilus with our actual first two picks on April 26th. :)

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:55 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who makes your sigs thebow?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Man, I hope we take Gholston and Cherilus with our actual first two picks on April 26th. :)
If you look how it played out, Otah almost fell into my lap.

Last edited by Unbiased : 04-08-2008 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
If you look how it played out, Otah almost fell into my lap.
Yea I saw that. Kinda disappointed you didn't trade up to get him. Could have dealt down later in the draft to make up for the pick you would have lost trading up for Otah.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:01 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Yea I saw that. Kinda disappointed you didn't trade up to get him. Could have dealt down later in the draft to make up for the pick you would have lost trading up for Otah.
Agreed. Otah would have been a great pickup, but Gosder will do just fine.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 04-11-2008, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Just to update you guys....

I was off for a while so they picked for me. Gave me Wheeler with some quality guys still on the board, but I like him as a prospect. I took Brandon Flowers at the top of the 3rd. We stop after the 4th round. I'll look OG for that pick.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Here's how it went down:

1. Vernon Gholston, OLB
2a. Gosder Cherilus, RT
2b. Phillip Wheeler, ILB
3. Brandon Flowers, CB
4. Eric Young, OG
Old 04-16-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Here's how it went down:

1. Vernon Gholston, OLB
2a. Gosder Cherilus, RT
2b. Phillip Wheeler, ILB
3. Brandon Flowers, CB
4. Eric Young, OG
Solid overall. Would have rather gone like this:

1. Vernon Gholston, OLB
2a. Gosder Cherilus, RT
2b. Brandon Flowers, CB
3. Red Bryant, NT
4. Eric Young, OG

So really the only thing I didn't like was taking Wheeler instead of Bryant but outside of that, I think it's a very solid overall draft. Would no mind it at all.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:15 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Here's how it went down:

1. Vernon Gholston, OLB
2a. Gosder Cherilus, RT
2b. Phillip Wheeler, ILB
3. Brandon Flowers, CB
4. Eric Young, OG
I'd be pretty happy with that draft. I would've liked to get a quality tight end though in the 1st 4 rounds somewhere.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'd be pretty happy with that draft. I would've liked to get a quality tight end though in the 1st 4 rounds somewhere.
Bennett almost fell to me with the 57th pick. Didn't think it was important enough to trade up for, though. I also just traded JT for pick 109, mainly because I wanted to keep picking. I'm thinking Rubin, Rucker, Finley, or Quentin Demps.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Bennett almost fell to me with the 57th pick. Didn't think it was important enough to trade up for, though. I also just traded JT for pick 109, mainly because I wanted to keep picking. I'm thinking Rubin, Rucker, Finley, or Quentin Demps.
Well stupid trade for JT but w/e, it's just for fun anyways. Definately target Rubin. That will make up for Red Bryant eariler and make Wheeler a better pick.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Well stupid trade for JT but w/e, it's just for fun anyways. Definately target Rubin. That will make up for Red Bryant eariler and make Wheeler a better pick.
I'd say Rucker, but Rubin would also be a smart choice, especially this late in the draft.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'd say Rucker, but Rubin would also be a smart choice, especially this late in the draft.
I went Rucker, before I saw the last two posts, because they're talking about going the full 7 rounds (which ruins the point of the JT trade but oh well). These guys don't pay as much attention to the draft as the posters here, so I'm confident Rubin will be available in the 5th round.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
I went Rucker, before I saw the last two posts, because they're talking about going the full 7 rounds (which ruins the point of the JT trade but oh well). These guys don't pay as much attention to the draft as the posters here, so I'm confident Rubin will be available in the 5th round.
Nice. A very quality TE who can catch and block equally well. Will be a HUGE upgrade, IMO, over David Martin. Rucker is still very underrated.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here's how it went down:

1. Vernon Gholston, OLB
2a. Gosder Cherilus, RT
2b. Phillip Wheeler, ILB
3. Brandon Flowers, CB
4. Eric Young, OG
Wow....that's what I call building a foundation. Young is pretty boom/bust though.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote