Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 04-21-2008, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.
Default My 4 QB prediction

Wow, this board is dead lately. Seems everyone is off to the draft forum..

Well, just read Peter King's Monday Morning QB column and noticed that he had 3 qb's going in round 1. He also mentioned that he would be surprised to see Baltimore trade into rd 1 and get Flacco. He said Henne is moving way up and had Brohm going in rd 1 as well. Just want it noted that when I predicted 4 qb's in round 1 a couple of weeks ago, I was ridiculed. I really think it happens, so I don't see Miami getting another QB in this draft unless they draft a late round type of guy. Could also be in the Chris Simms derby post draft like the Herald reported...

The article really was a good one and he had a lot of juicy news in it for those who want to check it out.

I will eat crow if it does not happen, but I will definitely be here if it does :0)
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Wow, this board is dead lately. Seems everyone is off to the draft forum..

Well, just read Peter King's Monday Morning QB column and noticed that he had 3 qb's going in round 1. He also mentioned that he would be surprised to see Baltimore trade into rd 1 and get Flacco. He said Henne is moving way up and had Brohm going in rd 1 as well. Just want it noted that when I predicted 4 qb's in round 1 a couple of weeks ago, I was ridiculed. I really think it happens, so I don't see Miami getting another QB in this draft unless they draft a late round type of guy. Could also be in the Chris Simms derby post draft like the Herald reported...

The article really was a good one and he had a lot of juicy news in it for those who want to check it out.

I will eat crow if it does not happen, but I will definitely be here if it does :0)
Dude, is this your 1st draft? This kinda crap happens every year. All these guys are getting pumped up as low 1st rounder so that when 1 of them goes in the 1st, the experts can say "Told you so". No way do all 4 go in the 1st. It ain't gonna happen.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Dude, is this your 1st draft? This kinda crap happens every year. All these guys are getting pumped up as low 1st rounder so that when 1 of them goes in the 1st, the experts can say "Told you so". No way do all 4 go in the 1st. It ain't gonna happen.
Joe,

Far from it. Wish it was my first draft. I was a lot younger.....

Listen, when a guy like Peter King is reporting that it is a possibility, I take it seriously. Usually him and Schefter are pretty well connected. I am sticking with it....... 4 qbs in round 1...........
Old 04-21-2008, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Joe,

Far from it. Wish it was my first draft. I was a lot younger.....

Listen, when a guy like Peter King is reporting that it is a possibility, I take it seriously. Usually him and Schefter are pretty well connected. I am sticking with it....... 4 qbs in round 1...........
Haven't followed Peter King much have you?

He is well connected but he is one of the biggest smokescreeners in the business. He has helped numerous teams (espescially Bill Parcells teams) many times to set smoke screens. From a fans point of view. Alot of what he prints must be taken with a grain of salt. He tends to greatly exaggerate his information.

He is not like Schefter who is spot on and reports the facts.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quote:
Haven't followed Peter King much have you?

He is well connected but he is one of the biggest smokescreeners in the business. He has helped numerous teams (espescially Bill Parcells teams) many times to set smoke screens. From a fans point of view. Alot of what he prints must be taken with a grain of salt. He tends to greatly exaggerate his information.

He is not like Schefter who is spot on and reports the facts.
Joe,

I disagree on King. He is one of the more respected guys whose information is pretty good. I don't think he is some kind of shell for teams, he is just well-connected.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Joe,

I disagree on King. He is one of the more respected guys whose information is pretty good. I don't think he is some kind of shell for teams, he is just well-connected.
I agree. The guy dos get great information. It's no secert however that the guy exaggerates what he gets and is one of the more team friendly reporters from a smoke screen standpoint.

Notice, he reported that the Dolphins gave Jake Long a deadline. All the other reporters, including Schefter (who is the best in the business) says that no deadline was ever given. just King's way of helping to put pressure on Jake Long without the Dolphins having to do it directly themselves.

It's not a secret. It's pretty well known that King despite his connects and great information tends to embellish a little and has his own agenda outside of just straight reporting.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quote:
I agree. The guy dos get great information. It's no secert however that the guy exaggerates what he gets and is one of the more team friendly reporters from a smoke screen standpoint.

Notice, he reported that the Dolphins gave Jake Long a deadline. All the other reporters, including Schefter (who is the best in the business) says that no deadline was ever given. just King's way of helping to put pressure on Jake Long without the Dolphins having to do it directly themselves.

It's not a secret. It's pretty well known that King despite his connects and great information tends to embellish a little and has his own agenda outside of just straight reporting.
As usual, lets add this to our list of disagreements................ As long as we both agree that we will be on here next weekend when one of us will admit to being wrong on the 4 QB thing.......
Old 04-21-2008, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
As usual, lets add this to our list of disagreements................ As long as we both agree that we will be on here next weekend when one of us will admit to being wrong on the 4 QB thing.......
I'll be here for the entire draft as always. I'll make sure to come on after RD 1.

Let's have a little fun with this. Maybe a sig bet?
Old 04-21-2008, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quote:
I'll be here for the entire draft as always. I'll make sure to come on after RD 1.

Let's have a little fun with this. Maybe a sig bet?
I may not be signing on too much during the draft, but will be on after each day for sure.......

I would not mind doing the sig bet except I really don't know how to set it up. Let me know how its done and I will do it.......
Old 04-21-2008, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
I may not be signing on too much during the draft, but will be on after each day for sure.......

I would not mind doing the sig bet except I really don't know how to set it up. Let me know how its done and I will do it.......
Simple. If I win the bet. I get to come up with a sig on my choosing and you display it for two weeks.

If you win. You can come up with a sig of your choosing and you have to display it for 2 weeks.

To add a sig. You go to your user control panel and under the edit signature part you post the link I would give u for the sig.

Pretty simple really.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like we've already discussed this before.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quote:
Simple. If I win the bet. I get to come up with a sig on my choosing and you display it for two weeks.

If you win. You can come up with a sig of your choosing and you have to display it for 2 weeks.

To add a sig. You go to your user control panel and under the edit signature part you post the link I would give u for the sig.

Pretty simple really.
As long as it is nothing too crazy or embarassing, you got a deal.....
Old 04-22-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
As long as it is nothing too crazy or embarassing, you got a deal.....
We'll keep it lighthearted and fun.