Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-09-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
dRaFtDoRk
Veteran

dRaFtDoRk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Randy Moss also had the worst offense in the NFL surrounding him too. He had what 3 different QB's throwing to him this season. Yea, your gonna have a bad season if that happens, but yes, he had a horrible season.

I really don't see it happeing realistically if thats what your asking, because I don't think Parcells could deal with Randy Moss, let alone Terrell Owens.

Here's my thoughts on where they might be next season:

Terrell Owens will be on a new team if Parcells returns, if he doesn't then Owens will remain a Cowboy.

Randy Moss will be a Raider next season, no matter what circumstances.
dRaFtDoRk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Raidernation55

Nah. Just get rid of moss
Old 01-10-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Re: RANDY MOSS for TERRELL OWENS? Raiders-Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingSharpe
Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules
7) Do not start an excessive numbers of new threads each day.
This is a great topic with good arguements from both sides. What are you talking about? If you are a MOD, PM me on it.
actually, this is a ******** topic, there is no way on earth either team even considers a trade like this, it just doesnt make sense. You dont trade one head-ache for another. IF either team moves one, its b/c they dont want any the bad chemistry. The only point of this thread is to open up for the billionth time, the whole TO conversation.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id want TO over moss anyday. TO did something this season. leader in TD's for wr in the nfl. moss cought around 30 balls and like 3 tds. moss doesnt try any more. it sad that moss has done nothing. he was on track to beat a couple or rice's records but when he came to us he's just been sh*t. he did great his first couple of games with us then he got injuried and has never been the same. all i know is moss is out of oakland and so is porter

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation
id want TO over moss anyday. TO did something this season. leader in TD's for wr in the nfl. moss cought around 30 balls and like 3 tds. moss doesnt try any more. it sad that moss has done nothing. he was on track to beat a couple or rice's records but when he came to us he's just been sh*t. he did great his first couple of games with us then he got injuried and has never been the same. all i know is moss is out of oakland and so is porter
have you stopped to think WHY owens may have, you know, caught some balls and WHY moss quit trying? i'm actually curious if it's occured to you or if you just saw www.nfl.com/stats and made an assumption.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamichamp_305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Ol' Duck
Seriously, what has T.O done this season that is so bad (off the field)? He has played all season with a torn up hand and helped the development of Tony Romo. I have a feeling T.O and Bill will be in dallas next year for a super bowl run.
Where you asleep this season? He tried to commit suicide, hates Bledsoe, has got into it with his WR's coach, etc. C'mon he is 20x worse than Moss when it comes to attidues, at least Moss hasn't destroyed 2 teams. If Moss were on a good team, he'd be giving his all, but I don't blame him for not wanting to play for the Raiders, who would?
Sounds to me like you've been eating at the ESPN b***sh** trough. He had a fine relationship with Bledsoe. He overdosed on a couple of pills and his stupid publicist called the medics, upon which everyone jumped on it to try and make a huge story and sell papers. His WR coach actually has been leaking private information that never gets out and is supposed to be a matter of team business, something that Jerry Jones actually remarked was basis for a reprimand on the coaches part. He "fell asleep" in meetings, for which he was fined and openly admitted to, though it is no different than anything he has done his whole career, and yet it comes out in a way that is portrayed as being "breaking news" and somehow a mark of his lack of respect for the organization and his head coach in particular....etc etc etc. And the media eats this stuff up. If you are dumb enough to buy what they're selling, all that does is reflect upon you. TO has been mostly "ok" this season, though you would think he was Satan himself from the way he has been portrayed.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't think that TO leaves. And I honestly don't think that Bill Parcells has a real problem with TO. I think its all media hype.

Seriously, TO really wasn't that bad this year. And about the drops...he was playing with a broken hand all season. Everyone forgets that.

I think he and BP will be back.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TO's better than Moss. If we HAD to have one, I'd rather have TO
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

They're both good athletes it's just they wear out their welcomes pretty fast.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84
They're both good athletes it's just they wear out their welcomes pretty fast.
Just a tip dude, it's Bulimia, not bulima.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My bad I have bad spelling.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There should be a "No, it's a stupid idea for both teams" option in this poll.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
bryanGENE

Even if Owens leaves. Oakland wouldn't be a choice of his. He only wants to play on teams with a legitimate chance to compete in the Super Bowl.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
SterlingSharpe

Well everyone says Oakland is gonna jettison Randy Moss, and I hear for as little as a 3rd Rd pick.

I would think they'd rather have TO than a 3rd Rd pick. Maybe not.

How about this one:
If you were forced to take one on your team, which one would you take first, Moss or TO?

TO is 2 years older I think, but he has produced recently. Moss hasn't done S H I T for 2 years. Sure his QBs weren't great, but neither is Steve Smith's.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

i get your M.O. now.

1) post bizarre opinion and state as fact
2) reply to absolutely nothing with an substantive remarks
3) reply to the thread later implying that everyone agrees with you and that those who don't basically think the earth is flat
4) rinse and repeat

i'll wait for you to post a single plausible reason:
a) why dallas would take the deal
b) why the raiders would like to trade one headcase WR for another

we'll start there.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
SterlingSharpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i get your M.O. now.

1) post bizarre opinion and state as fact
2) reply to absolutely nothing with an substantive remarks
3) reply to the thread later implying that everyone agrees with you and that those who don't basically think the earth is flat
4) rinse and repeat

i'll wait for you to post a single plausible reason:
a) why dallas would take the deal
b) why the raiders would like to trade one headcase WR for another

we'll start there.
First of all, see above at the voting, very wide open. Talk about that.
Second of all, why Dallas would deal would maybe be this: If they were going to release him and get nothing for him (tons of talk about that, which I didn't make up), why not try and get a good player for him? In Oakland, there's talk of trading Moss. From the sounds of it, plenty of Raiders fans would love to get TO. Ask them if they'd prefer a 3rd or 4th rd pick, or TO for Moss. Why does that dscussion bother you so much? Are you Kim Etheridge?

If everyone else though like you, they might note vote or comment. That doesn't seem to be the case.
I've never seen anyone take a thread that has varying opinions like this one so personal. And you are a moderator?
Old 01-10-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
4pAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
miamichamp_305 wrote:
Good Ol' Duck wrote:
Seriously, what has T.O done this season that is so bad (off the field)? He has played all season with a torn up hand and helped the development of Tony Romo. I have a feeling T.O and Bill will be in dallas next year for a super bowl run.

Where you asleep this season? He tried to commit suicide, hates Bledsoe, has got into it with his WR's coach, etc. C'mon he is 20x worse than Moss when it comes to attidues, at least Moss hasn't destroyed 2 teams. If Moss were on a good team, he'd be giving his all, but I don't blame him for not wanting to play for the Raiders, who would?
I don't think he tried to commit suicide, but even if he did why does it matter? The guy played the following weekend, what more do you want. (you'd be in trouble if you fired someone for trying to kill themselves). As for Bledsoe its the same thing, if he did hate him who cares? Bledose is gone and TO gets along with his replacement.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingSharpe
First of all, see above at the voting, very wide open. Talk about that.
ok, you put up a meaningless poll that doesn't include an obvious option, making the results biased and invalid. but then, why would you believe that something you said could possibly be wrong?

Quote:
Second of all, why Dallas would deal would maybe be this: If they were going to release him and get nothing for him (tons of talk about that, which I didn't make up), why not try and get a good player for him?
what in the last two years, makes you believe moss is a good player, or that again, either of these teams have any interest in trading for a head case? but then again, you bring up a great point: why would dallas let Owens go for nothing? oh wait. philadelphia did. san francisco essentially did.

Quote:
In Oakland, there's talk of trading Moss. From the sounds of it, plenty of Raiders fans would love to get TO. Ask them if they'd prefer a 3rd or 4th rd pick, or TO for Moss.
ah, yes, let's ask the throngs of raiders fans what they want. al davis always cares. further, on a team with significant offensive holes, you're seriously underestimating the importance of draft picks. you're also seriously overestimating how much ANY nfl team will want randy moss after the last season in which he's looked like anything but a superstar nfl receiver.

Quote:
Why does that dscussion bother you so much? Are you Kim Etheridge?
the discussion doesn't bother me, your complete inability to make a point or to argue your points, except by restating your opinions over and over again is slightly obnoxious, but even then, it just makes you look bad when someone questions you. what does kim etheridge have to do with anything? are you so insecure you have to, essentially, call me a girl because i questioned you about a bad idea?

Quote:
If everyone else though like you, they might note vote or comment. That doesn't seem to be the case.
see the first comment. your poll worthless, since you left off an important alternative. you were fishing for specific results and didn't want to allow for anything that made you look wrong, thus there's no "this wouldn't ever happen" option.

Quote:
I've never seen anyone take a thread that has varying opinions like this one so personal. And you are a moderator?
are you scubba? where did i take this personally? i told you this was a stupid idea because it is. why are you taking my opinion so personally?
Old 01-11-2007, 07:56 AM    (permalink
SterlingSharpe

It's interesting to see some fans across the country say they'd prefer Moss while some would prefer Owens.

It's a tough call if you ask me.

Moss is 2 years younger and should lost longer.

I remember a game 3-4 years ago at the Metrodome in OT's final season on the 49ers. The Vikings and Moss lit it up. And after the game I recall TO stating that Moss was the NFL's best WR now, he said it madly but also taking a shot at his QB.

Now about 3 years later, Moss seems like he's shut it down. Why has he? Is it physcial, or is it just being in Oakland?

I live in Dallas and have TO on my keeper league and have tried to defend him all year here. But he really is totally selfish it's sick.

So with the talk that the Raiders have to get rid of Porter and Moss, it is interesting to some people to see if they'd prefer getting TO or a 3rd rd draft pick. It's interesting to see if there are fans who think that Moss still can be great if he tries, if he gets to a real team with a real QB.

As far as Al Daivs goes: sure he seems crazy, but none of our teams GM's ever take we the fans advice on trades and drafts. This whole forum is about speculation. Even Scott doesn't know what teams are going to do.

You don't like this topic? Then you keep wasting time reading and typing.
Also, relax and enjoy life. I gotta believe you are a Vikings fan....
Old 01-11-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Stonecoldet3

Being a Vikings fan, I will say that I am biased towards Randy Moss being the better receiver. With that being said, as much as I believe that if you get payed millions to play in professional sports you should always play your hardest. Lets face it Randy Moss doesn't want to be in Oakland anymore hence the "lack" of his production. He plays on the worst offense in the history of the Raiders, maybe the NFL even. So whats the point of to being motivated to play on this team?

T.O had a good year as far as TD's this year, but he also led the league in drops. IMO, if you put Randy Moss on this team this past season, he would have about 4 more TD's and not as many drops. T.O is also an attention *****, just when the media this year had stopped talking about him, he went and had an "overdose", and poof back in the media's attention for the rest of the season.

If I had to choose which one I would rather have on my team, it would be Randy Moss hands down. Sure he questions his coach, but who wouldn't in that situation. Isn't that what a leader of the team is supposed to do? Maybe not to the media, but from my understanding the comments he made were about Art Shell not playing Porter, and that the coach was unapproachable on this matter.

I will say this however, I didn't know that T.O wrote children's books, but I did know that Randy Moss does a lot with special needs children and charity work. It seems to me the Media only focuses in on the bad, and very rarely the good that athletes do.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
SterlingSharpe

Good stuff StoneCold.

I lived in Minnesota from the whole 80's until last fall, as a PACKERS fan, and I was so pizzed off in April of 1998 when my guy Ron Wolf PASSED on drafting Moss who had miraculously slid that far when he was considered a top 5 pick. Then I watched him terrorize the Packers, starting with the first game at Lambeau he played, on a Monday night that I traveled to Green Bay for and they had 35 points by halftime on the Packers, with I think 3 Moss TDs.

I don't know what his speed is anymore, because either he's lost it, or he doesn't try. Something's not right. No doubt he has a suspect attitude because there are good players on bad teams that actually do give 100% which I think is what we are taught.

I live in Dallas....saw TO up close, and even I am not sure which one I would want. TO is mentally crazy, Moss just a punk who loves to smoke pot too much and I think has become lazy. The comments of Raiders fans and Cowboys fans has been interesting here..... I think Parcells will be back and TO will be back.