Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-10-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Asante Samuel is a UFA. He's a interception machine, him and Newman will give us one of the best CB duos in the League IMO.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076
My Big Board

1. Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville - I gotta say, I know this isn't the top need but, this guy has so much upside to him it would be hard to pass him up. You may have heard it before, but I'll say it again, 4 years of D-1A experience and only 20 years young!

2. Justin Blalock, G, Texas - Definetly the more realistic choice. We have a couple of young RBs but up front we are getting long in the tooth. The "Marco Rivera Era" is over in mind.

3. Levi Brown, OT, Penn State - Also a great pick to bring some youth to our O-Line. At 6-5 328 a perfect OT-OG tweener to grab in the first round.

4. Sidney Rice, WR, South Carolina - With Glenn and Ownes both drafted over 10 years ago, WR is also a position where could stand to get younger. Even though we have a plethora of young propects at WR, none of them posses the natural talent of Mr. Rice.

5. Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno St. - I like this kids combonation of size and speed. Aaron Glenn, even though he holds his own, is not long for this league and we need to start thinking about the possibilty of Henry moving to Safety and plugging in a true playmaker a CB along with Newman.
Okoye is a hit or miss prospect and I'm not sure that he really projects well to a 3-4 NT prospect. He could either be a huge flop or a huge success. Buyer beware.

Blalock would be great, but will we address OG in FA first?

I fully support drafting Brown.

I would support drafting Ginn, but not Rice.
Side Note: I am a HUGE believer that Miles Austin will turn into something special.

McCauley is a scrub imo. I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.
whats your opinion of DeShawyn Wynn? Im hoping the Giants nab him as a late round sleeper, but I wouldn't be surprised either if you guys let go of Julius Jones and draft this guy in later rounds to keep that 1,2 punch you have going.
Letting Julius go in favor of a bigger back is a BP move. Still think he has value in a place like Houston.

I would not be shocked or upset with Lynch or Bush. Bush is a basher.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Asante Samuel is a UFA. He's a interception machine, him and Newman will give us one of the best CB duos in the League IMO.
Big issue is $$$$$$$$$$$.

But if you do this then what about Henry? Watkins? Williams?

Newman aint going nowhere.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would perfer to have a bigger more physical CB opposite of Newman. i'm assuming your converting Henry to a FS to bring in a top FA CB...just seems a little far fetched for me. Hughes is the perfect fit if Henry was to move.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
I would perfer to have a bigger more physical CB opposite of Newman. i'm assuming your converting Henry to a FS to bring in a top FA CB...just seems a little far fetched for me. Hughes is the perfect fit if Henry was to move.
I was thinking of moving Henry to Nickel, and getting a guy like Weddle or Sabby in the 2nd or 3rd. But money could be a problem, were are paying Henry alittle to much just to come in on passing downs, so I understand that.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I was thinking of moving Henry to Nickel, and getting a guy like Weddle or Sabby in the 2nd or 3rd. But money could be a problem, were are paying Henry alittle to much just to come in on passing downs, so I understand that.
Where is Glenn...Glenn hasn't shown any signs of his age...and was a good corner for us this year.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-10-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076
My Big Board

1. Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville - I gotta say, I know this isn't the top need but, this guy has so much upside to him it would be hard to pass him up. You may have heard it before, but I'll say it again, 4 years of D-1A experience and only 20 years young!

2. Justin Blalock, G, Texas - Definetly the more realistic choice. We have a couple of young RBs but up front we are getting long in the tooth. The "Marco Rivera Era" is over in mind.

3. Levi Brown, OT, Penn State - Also a great pick to bring some youth to our O-Line. At 6-5 328 a perfect OT-OG tweener to grab in the first round.

4. Sidney Rice, WR, South Carolina - With Glenn and Ownes both drafted over 10 years ago, WR is also a position where could stand to get younger. Even though we have a plethora of young propects at WR, none of them posses the natural talent of Mr. Rice.

5. Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno St. - I like this kids combonation of size and speed. Aaron Glenn, even though he holds his own, is not long for this league and we need to start thinking about the possibilty of Henry moving to Safety and plugging in a true playmaker a CB along with Newman.
Okoye is a hit or miss prospect and I'm not sure that he really projects well to a 3-4 NT prospect. He could either be a huge flop or a huge success. Buyer beware.

Blalock would be great, but will we address OG in FA first?

I fully support drafting Brown.

I would support drafting Ginn, but not Rice.
Side Note: I am a HUGE believer that Miles Austin will turn into something special.

McCauley is a scrub imo. I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.
whats your opinion of DeShawyn Wynn? Im hoping the Giants nab him as a late round sleeper, but I wouldn't be surprised either if you guys let go of Julius Jones and draft this guy in later rounds to keep that 1,2 punch you have going.
I think Wynn has decent upside, but I don't see him as an upgrade over Julius Jones. Looking at the way the Giants utilized Tiki in the short passing game so often, I think a better fit for your system and a good outlet option for Eli would be Lorenzo Booker. He's got exceptional receiving ability out of the backfield and plenty of speed to burn... probably the fastest RB in this draft. You'll give up blocking and the ability to break tackles, but at the same time, you got Brandon Jacobs. Booker actually reminds me a lot of a young Tiki Barber.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How much cap space do we have this year?
Old 01-10-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
estimated 25mill.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-10-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
estimated 25mill.
Are you kidding me? Is this including Terry Glenn and TO's bonus? That seems very high. Is there a source?
Old 01-10-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
estimated 25mill.
How much will we need to spend just to keep Gurode and Colombo? and sign an FA Guard??

I am sure that eats up a lot.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Where is Glenn...Glenn hasn't shown any signs of his age...and was a good corner for us this year.
I agree with you, Glenn at times looked better then Henry, but if we do move him to FS like you say, and which I been mulling over, adding a guy like Samuel could take or secondary to another level. You may say it's far-fetched but danmit a man can dream.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
estimated 25mill.
Are you kidding me? Is this including Terry Glenn and TO's bonus? That seems very high. Is there a source?
BTB is my source
Quote:
The Cowboys are in pretty good shape against the salary cap. Right now, it's projected that we are $25 million under the cap.
Yahoo
Quote:
Dallas is believed to be about $25 million under the projected $109 million salary cap entering free agency.
I'll see if I can't dig up a more concrete source.

Found this...although no real source
  • 1/San Francisco/$42.1M
    2/Buffalo/$39.7M
    3/Arizona/$36.7M
    4/Tennessee/$36M
    5/Cleveland/$33.3M
    6/Minnesota/$32.4M
    7 (tie)/Jacksonville/$32M
    7/St. Louis/$32M
    9/New England/$30.4M
    10/Cincinnati/$30.2M
    11/New Orleans/$29.9M
    12/Green Bay/$29.5M
    13/New York Jets/$26.1M
    14/San Diego/$24.6M
    15/Tampa Bay/$24.2
    16/Detroit/$23.8M
    17/Chicago/$23.4M
    18/Seattle/$22.5M
    19/Dallas/$21.5M
    20/Miami/$17.8M
    21/New York Giants/$15.7M
    22/Oakland/$14.1M
    23/Houston/$13.3
    24/Atlanta/$10M
    25/Philadelphia/$12.4M
    26/Denver/$7.6M
    27/Kansas City/$7M
    28/Baltimore/$5.7M
    29/Indianapolis/$4.9M
    30/Carolina/$3.4M
    31/Washington/$951,000
    32/Pittsburgh/$150,000

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-10-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our Rams sources believe there's less than a 50-50 chance that former first-round pick Jimmy Kennedy will stick with the team next season after failing to cut the mustard this season as the team's starting nose tackle. Kennedy's current contract with the Rams runs out at the end of the '07 season, which would cut down the amount of cap revenue the team would stand to lose should it decide to release him.

what do you guys think about going after kennedy?
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Michael Irvin is a HOF finalist again. Him and Art Monk better make it this year, or else....I'm gonna keep complaining about it.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
estimated 25mill.
BTB is my source
Quote:
The Cowboys are in pretty good shape against the salary cap. Right now, it's projected that we are $25 million under the cap.
Yahoo
Quote:
Dallas is believed to be about $25 million under the projected $109 million salary cap entering free agency.
I'll see if I can't dig up a more concrete source.

Found this...although no real source
  • 1/San Francisco/$42.1M
    2/Buffalo/$39.7M
    3/Arizona/$36.7M
    4/Tennessee/$36M
    5/Cleveland/$33.3M
    6/Minnesota/$32.4M
    7 (tie)/Jacksonville/$32M
    7/St. Louis/$32M
    9/New England/$30.4M
    10/Cincinnati/$30.2M
    11/New Orleans/$29.9M
    12/Green Bay/$29.5M
    13/New York Jets/$26.1M
    14/San Diego/$24.6M
    15/Tampa Bay/$24.2
    16/Detroit/$23.8M
    17/Chicago/$23.4M
    18/Seattle/$22.5M
    19/Dallas/$21.5M
    20/Miami/$17.8M
    21/New York Giants/$15.7M
    22/Oakland/$14.1M
    23/Houston/$13.3
    24/Atlanta/$10M
    25/Philadelphia/$12.4M
    26/Denver/$7.6M
    27/Kansas City/$7M
    28/Baltimore/$5.7M
    29/Indianapolis/$4.9M
    30/Carolina/$3.4M
    31/Washington/$951,000
    32/Pittsburgh/$150,000
The irony of course is that the Redskins will still find a way to spend more than everyone else.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
bryanGENE

Who do yall want or think should replace Zimmer as the DC?
Old 01-10-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanGENE
The biggest name out there right now appear to be Dom Capers.
The name that has been moving around here has been Mike Singletary.
The name that is likely to be the DC is Todd Bowels...our db coach.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-10-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

My Big Board tied with the top FA I want to target in FA at that position.

1. Reggie Nelson - I honestly think that there is a good chance of him being there when we are on the clock... Despite his hype on these boards.
Scratch this pick if... We sign Ken Hamlin

2. Dwayne Jarrett - Don't be surprised if he's available on draft day. I have a feeling he'll turn in an underwhelming 40 time that could cause his stock to drop.
Scratch this pick if... He's not there. lol.

3. Justin Blalock - No explanation needed.
Scratch this pick if... We sign Derrick Dockery

4. Levi Brown - A good prospect even if his stock dropped after this year.
Scratch this pick if... We sign Jordan Black

5A & 5B. DeMarcus Tyler & Adam Carriker - Both of these guys can help out immediately in the pass rush.
Scratch this pick if... The guys above are available.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
The name that has been moving around here has been Mike Singletary.
I'm curious to know who else is dreaming of adding Singletary as I am? Cause it is a dream... I hope that much is known... lol!
Old 01-10-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The name that has been moving around here lately has been Mike Singletary.
I'm curious to know who else is dreaming of adding Singletary as I am? Cause it is a dream... I hope that much is known... lol!
I would say its known that its a dream...since everything around here the last week that has been posted seems to be a dream senerio.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-10-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
My Big Board tied with the top FA I want to target in FA at that position.

1. Reggie Nelson - I honestly think that there is a good chance of him being there when we are on the clock... Despite his hype on these boards.
Scratch this pick if... We sign Ken Hamlin

I don't like this pick at all. The only S in the first two rounds that temtps me is Landry. I know he won't be available...but S is not a first day need to me.

2. Dwayne Jarrett - Don't be surprised if he's available on draft day. I have a feeling he'll turn in an underwhelming 40 time that could cause his stock to drop.
Scratch this pick if... He's not there. lol.

Jarrett is a Jersey kid which has to give him a +1 in Parcells book. He has that swagger..but will it be too much? I like this pick...and think it is very possible with Mecham...Rice....Ginn all running faster times looking like more potential. This is my sleeper pick at this point.

3. Justin Blalock - No explanation needed.
Scratch this pick if... We sign Derrick Dockery

Obviously makes sense...I still don't buy into a first round OG...I don't think there is any way we can go into the draft without addressing it.

4. Levi Brown - A good prospect even if his stock dropped after this year.
Scratch this pick if... We sign Jordan Black

I'm curious why here its Black on at 3 its Dockery...is it really a difference?

5A & 5B. DeMarcus Tyler & Adam Carriker - Both of these guys can help out immediately in the pass rush.
Scratch this pick if... The guys above are available.

Carriker is a reach here. I also think it only adds to the logjam. Bringing in Carriker would be giving up on Spears imo. 5 man rotation at DE is too much. I guess coleman could leave...but where is your veteran tutor...I hope we have a good D cord to bring them up. This may tempt parcells to go with the so-called line change but I just can't see us drafting a DE in the first round with the talent we already have. Tank is solid...but alot of talent would have to be off the board for me to be happy about the pick.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-10-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...325E1BB8359616

Quote:
With Zimmer apparently headed out of Dallas, the Cowboys might try to fill his position from within. Secondary coach Todd Bowles, who joined the staff in 2005, is a possibility. Their other defensive assistants are linebackers coach Paul Pasqualoni, defensive line coach Kacy Rodgers, safeties coach Mike MacIntyre and inside linebackers coach Vincent Brown. Pasqualoni has extensive experience coaching on defense.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Our Rams sources believe there's less than a 50-50 chance that former first-round pick Jimmy Kennedy will stick with the team next season after failing to cut the mustard this season as the team's starting nose tackle. Kennedy's current contract with the Rams runs out at the end of the '07 season, which would cut down the amount of cap revenue the team would stand to lose should it decide to release him.

what do you guys think about going after kennedy?
I asked this same question a few days back. This kid is from my hometown. He has one year left on his contract.

You got that from Hub Arkush's pub. Should credit it.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Dom Capers please.