Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are getting manhandled at the moment. Need to get a run going.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
there will be no way Melo guards Kobe...he isn't athletic enough to guard him and keep up with him...just like Martin...plus he'd pick fouls very quickly...and you don't want arguably your best player to be in foul trouble early....

they'll likely just keep rotating on Kobe...but that likely will not work...Kobe is on fire and he's fired up for the playoffs...JR Smith keeps talking trash to him and that will just fire him up more...
I'd at least try it. We don't know how good Melo could be on D cause he never plays and they never tell him to lol. But yeah just throwing it out there since nobody else has slowed him down.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is pathetic.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not even the refs can save you now LeBron, Cleveland will beat the Wizards in this series but being such a pathetic road team they have no shot past round 1.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Not even the refs can save you now LeBron, Cleveland will beat the Wizards in this series but being such a pathetic road team they have no shot past round 1.
Certain teams shouldn't even be in the playoffs.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got back from the Raps game. THe raps ******* dominated, Calderon and Ford played like they should. Bosh didnt play well though. The officiating was awful, both ways though.If the raps can win on Saturday it could be a good series
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
I'd at least try it. We don't know how good Melo could be on D cause he never plays and they never tell him to lol. But yeah just throwing it out there since nobody else has slowed him down.
I love Melo but he is a horrible defensive player. Kenyon is much more sound defensively. Also, it's too risky to put Melo in foul trouble... we need him on offense, not defense. It's the same reason why Kobe is rarely guarding Melo. They may guard each other more during the fourth quarter tho.

I love how everyone is dismissing the Nuggets after two games at the Staples Center. Honestly, the Nuggets had some mental breakdowns, but aside from that the Nuggets usually played pretty well against the Lakers. I know not a lot of people will believe me, but I really do feel that we can win games 3 and 4. Camby has NOT shown up at all defensively or offensively. I expect that to change at Denver.

What really has disappointed me is that Iverson is not passing the ball at all anymore. He's making a decent percentage, but our offense is just so out of rhythm because he keeps jacking up shots whenever he feels like it. Hopefully, he will play more like the AI of this year's regular season and pass the ball.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:52 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

It seems like the home team is really dominating these playoffs.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said before.. You may have the offensive fire power to match up with Lakers but you don't have the defense to keep it close. You don't have a soul on your team that could play good team defense. IMO, you guys don't have what it takes to win a game in the series.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Like I said before.. You may have the offensive fire power to match up with Lakers but you don't have the defense to keep it close. You don't have a soul on your team that could play good team defense. IMO, you guys don't have what it takes to win a game in the series.
exactly what I've said...yes Kenyon Martin is a good defender on everyone other than Kobe....the Nuggets also don't have the players to keep it close either...if you take Kobe away, we have Gasol, if you take Gasol away, we have odom...

even Luke Walton has been playing great defense...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who do you guys see in the finals of course i see Celtics and to me the best team that can probably give them a run for their money, i hate to say it but its the spurs, not the lakers one from the games theyve played in the playoffs ive seen barely any defense and if ur talking about matching the lakers offense celtics blow them out the water, so im expecting to see the Celtics and Spurs in the finals with the celtics taking it

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

May the Lakers fans please stop circle jerking with each other
Old 04-24-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Celtics ain't gonna have a smooth ride to the Finals.. don't put them in there just yet.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Who do you guys see in the finals of course i see Celtics and to me the best team that can probably give them a run for their money, i hate to say it but its the spurs, not the lakers one from the games theyve played in the playoffs ive seen barely any defense and if ur talking about matching the lakers offense celtics blow them out the water, so im expecting to see the Celtics and Spurs in the finals with the celtics taking it
Well maybe we'll get the handicap off when the Spurs play someone with a good defense. The Celtics blow out everyone offensively, so should we just hand them the title? **** NO! If we woulda did that, the Wizards, who they blow out the water offensively, wouldn't have beaten them 3 times to 1. Throw stats out the window, this is playoffs!

Old 04-24-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
May the Lakers fans please stop circle jerking with each other
Don't be upset because your team won't get out of the first round...
Old 04-24-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Why play defense when you know you can beat the Nuggets with your offense....trust me, the Lakers can play defense when they want to...
Old 04-24-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Don't be upset because your team won't get out of the first round...
I just find it funny how you never really posted last year in the NBA forum,but once the lakers make the playoffs and start being a good team. Thats called a bandwagon fan
Old 04-24-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I just find it funny how you never really posted last year in the NBA forum,but once the lakers make the playoffs and start being a good team. Thats called a bandwagon fan
note to you: I didn't post that much last year....I was mainly a NFL forum poster...

I assure you sir, I am no bandwagon fan...born in So Cal...that's where my heart is...been a Lakers fan for 24 years now...

I also posted all throughout the season....
Old 04-24-2008, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
note to you: I didn't post that much last year....I was mainly a NFL forum poster...

I assure you sir, I am no bandwagon fan...born in So Cal...that's where my heart is...been a Lakers fan for 24 years now...

I also posted all throughout the season....
As I said you only started posting when they started doing well. Its kinda funny, I wonder what's gonna happen when they lose to the spurs
Old 04-24-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As I said you only started posting when they started doing well. Its kinda funny, I wonder what's gonna happen when they lose to the spurs
Suns aren't done yet, we just to win these 2 at home and steal one on the road

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Suns aren't done yet, we just to win these 2 at home and steal one on the road
I was just giving an example.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You sound so certain of yourself.. Can you back that up?

Old 04-24-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
wonder if you'll whine this much when the raptors lose their series to the Magic...
Old 04-24-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
You sound so certain of yourself.. Can you back that up?
Sig bet saying the lakers wont make the finals?
Old 04-24-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
wonder if you'll whine this much when the raptors lose their series to the Magic...
probably not, but i sure wont stop posting and act like they dont matter.