Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 04-22-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Your Dolphins draft

So with the #1 pick done with what are you hoping for with the rest of our picks? (Try to be realistic, just want to say I would be beyond shocked if Groves or Kenny last to the 2nd round)

1. Jake Long Michigan
2a. Curtis Lofton Oklahoma
2b. Patrick Lee Auburn
3. Fred Davis USC
4. Kendall Langford Hampton
6a. Curtis Johnson Clark Atlanta
6b. Chris Horton UCLA
7a.Titus Brown Mississippi State
7b. Ian Cunningham Virginia

Also kind of a joke, something me and toon were messing around with.

1. Jake Long
2. Chad Henne
2. Mario Manningham
3. Shawn Crable

Wouldn't be the worst draft ever lol.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

[quote=draftguru151;1027363]So with the #1 pick done with what are you hoping for with the rest of our picks? (Try to be realistic, just want to say I would be beyond shocked if Groves or Kenny last to the 2nd round)
QUOTE]

1.) Jake Long, LT, Michigan
2a.) Dan Connor, ILB, Penn State
2b.) Chilo Rachal, OG, USC
3.) Tyvon Branch, CB, UConn
4.) Kendall Langford, DE, Hampton
6a.) Anthony Morelli, QB, Penn State
6b.) Shannon Boatman, OT, FSU
7a.) Kroy Biermann, DE/LB, Montana
7b.) Tim Hightower, FB, Richmond

Don't mind yours but I'm not sure how high the staff is on Lofton (Mainly due to him being way short) or Fred Davis (off the field issues from what I've heard, not sure how his blocking is).

As for mine, I tried to mix in some guys like Connor, Langford, Biermann, and Hightower that have been in Miami for official meetings. I would like to get a little more depth at DL but there's just not many options out there at NT. Langford I think would be a great fit and I love the idea of getting another early OL and 3 total for this draft. Outside of that I'm kinda iffy on if we'll take 3 small school guys with Parcells liking big D1 guys more but two fo the small school guys are in round 7 so I just went with it.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
So with the #1 pick done with what are you hoping for with the rest of our picks? (Try to be realistic, just want to say I would be beyond shocked if Groves or Kenny last to the 2nd round)

1. Jake Long Michigan
2b. Patrick Lee Auburn
3. Fred Davis USC
6b. Chris Horton UCLA

1. Jake Long
2. Chad Henne
2. Mario Manningham
3. Shawn Crable

Guru,

I would love the 2nd one as I am a huge Manningham fan and really like Henne as well.

I hate doing this because trades change things and I think Jason Taylor being traded (hopefully) will add more picks, but here goes...

1. Long
2a. Pat Sims, Auburn
2b. Patrick Lee, Auburn
3a. Brad Cottam, Tennessee
4. John Greco, Toledo
6a. Shawn Murphy (Think he goes higher than this) Utah St
6b. Mario Uruttia, Louisville
7a. Thomas Williams, USC
7b. Chris McDuffie, Clemson
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do think at some point we trade (probably the 3rd) but I don't see Taylor being moved now with us taking Jake. Not sure how accurate the reports were but wasn't it if we go offense he stays, defense he goes?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 04-22-2008, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quote:
I do think at some point we trade (probably the 3rd) but I don't see Taylor being moved now with us taking Jake. Not sure how accurate the reports were but wasn't it if we go offense he stays, defense he goes?
I hope that is incorrect. To be honest, not trading Taylor knocks the draft down a whole grade for me. That is how important I think it is to trade him.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Again not sure how accurate it is, but I remember reading that Jacksonville offered their 2nd and we declined. I'd like to move him for a 2nd, just not sure if I see it happening.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 04-22-2008, 11:34 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami Dolphins Draft 2008

1) Jake Long, OT, Michigan
2a) Phillip Merling, DE, Clemson
2b) Chad Henne, QB, Michigan
3) Kendall Langford, DE, Hampton
4) Shawn Murphy, OG, Utah State
6a) Jalen Parmele, RB, Toledo
6b) Donald Thomas, OG, Connecticut
7a) Lex Hilliard, RB, Montana
7b) Lionel Dotson, DT, Arizona

My Grade for this draft: B+

Great job "Big Tuna"!!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 04-27-2008 at 09:30 PM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quote:
Again not sure how accurate it is, but I remember reading that Jacksonville offered their 2nd and we declined. I'd like to move him for a 2nd, just not sure if I see it happening.
Guru,

If they were to give us a 2 and either their 4 or the 5 that they acquired from Buffalo, I would probably do it. Maybe you get them to drop from 26 to 32 on top of that. Keeps them picking at what in normal yrs, would be a 1st rd pick and gives us some extra picks and better draft position for our next selection.....
Old 04-24-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
I read we turned down their offer of a 3rd rounder not a 2nd. However, I could definately see us turning down their 2nd as well as it is low and we are looking to get back into round one for Groves, Harvey (he aint falling that far) or Henne.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Guru,

If they were to give us a 2 and either their 4 or the 5 that they acquired from Buffalo, I would probably do it. Maybe you get them to drop from 26 to 32 on top of that. Keeps them picking at what in normal yrs, would be a 1st rd pick and gives us some extra picks and better draft position for our next selection.....

I really that that idea for sure. I would be very happy with that scenario.

We definitely need that 26th pick, regardless of how we get it, to have a shot at Groves. Washington or Pitt could screw us and take him, in which case we would probably just stand pat, and take Henne or Lo-Jack at #32.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 04-24-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Daunte's Inferno
Rookie

Daunte's Inferno hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1st Round (1) - Jake Long, OT, Michigan
2nd Round (32) - Dan Connor, ILB, Penn St.
2nd Round (57) - Tracy Porter, CB, Indiana
3rd Round (64) - Pat Sims, DT, Auburn
4th Round (100) - John Greco, OG, Toledo
6th Round (195) - Caleb Campbell, SS, Army
6th Round (204) - Pierre Garcon, WR, Mount Union
7th Round (208) - Shawn Murphy, OG, Utah State
7th Round (245) - Tim Hightower, RB, Richmond
Daunte's Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:51 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daunte's Inferno View Post
1st Round (1) - Jake Long, OT, Michigan
2nd Round (32) - Dan Connor, ILB, Penn St.
2nd Round (57) - Tracy Porter, CB, Indiana
3rd Round (64) - Pat Sims, DT, Auburn
4th Round (100) - John Greco, OG, Toledo
6th Round (195) - Caleb Campbell, SS, Army
6th Round (204) - Pierre Garcon, WR, Mount Union
7th Round (208) - Shawn Murphy, OG, Utah State
7th Round (245) - Tim Hightower, RB, Richmond
Not a big fan of this draft, wouldn't be very happy on draft day, that's for sure!

Old 04-25-2008, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Daunte's Inferno
Rookie

Daunte's Inferno hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Not a big fan of this draft, wouldn't be very happy on draft day, that's for sure!
Yes we know. First it was Gholston and now it is Groves. No need to waste your time posting when we already know what your reaction will be to a mock.
Daunte's Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daunte's Inferno View Post
Yes we know. First it was Gholston and now it is Groves. No need to waste your time posting when we already know what your reaction will be to a mock.
Wait, who are you again?

It's not even about Gholston or Groves anymore at this point. Connor is a TERRIBLE fit in the 3-4, wherever you line him up. And I'm sure there will be a CB better than Porter available at pick #57. I still feel there will be much better players than Greco available in the 4th round. Not to mention you have 3 guys coming from powerhouses such as Mount Union, Richmond, and the Army.

Don't get me wrong, those players are not bad. But I feel like you are selling us way too short on a value stanpoint where I feel there will be much better players available at those spots. Let's get real, Caleb Campbell, Garcon, and Hightower will be lucky to be even drafted and you have us snatching up 2 of them in the 6th round!? The Sims, Long, and Murphy picks are the only ones I really feel strongly about, you can trash the rest.

Last edited by thebow305 : 04-25-2008 at 12:37 AM.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

1. Jake Long Michigan
2b. Patrick Lee Auburn
3. Fred Davis USC
6b. Chris Horton UCLA

1. Jake Long
2. Chad Henne
2. Mario Manningham
3. Shawn Crable

we would win alot of games as long as we didnt play appalacian state

my personal hope for a draft:
1st Jake Long
2nd Groves OLB
2nd Lofton ILB (pick from jt with conditional pick next year perhaps)
2nd Lee CB
3rd Rachal Guard (I want another beefy olineman for a guard or tackle here)
4th Carlson TE
BPA for the rest
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote