Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-10-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanGENE
Who do yall want or think should replace Zimmer as the DC?
The biggest name out there right now appear to be Dom Capers.
The name that has been moving around here has been Mike Singletary.
The name that is likely to be the DC is Todd Bowels...our db coach.
I'm curious to know who else is dreaming of adding Singletary as I am? Cause it is a dream... I hope that much is known... lol!
Is he really any good? Not a big fan of superstar ex-players as coaches.

What about one of the Ryan brothers?
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jan 10th Big Board
It's been about a Month

Round One
1. Ted Ginn Jr. - I'm sticking to my guns on the future replacement and special teamer in Ginn.
2. Dwayne Jarrett - If he is still around I'll be screaming for him. I don't know what this does for our future...but he is our clearcut future number one..and should atleast overtake Crayton as the #3 guy his first year.
3. Sidney Rice - Future number 1 guy...could be our #3 guy for now.
4a. Darrelle Revis - A Big East guy who has played good and has upside. Probably gone but Eric Wright could cause him to fall depending on workouts.
4b. Daymeion Hughes - Stud who has been dominate and shown up when his team needed it. Might be a slight reach...but if top 5 are gone its a great pick.
6. Tank Tyler - Stud to be a future replacement...just a solid pick addressing a need.

Round Two
1. Josh Wilson - Special teams early on...Glenns clone and replacement at corner.
2. Craig Davis - A speedy guy that we need for our future WR corps.
3. Lamarr Woodley - A true pass rusher off the edge...solid value at the bottom of the second round.
4. Eric Weddle - This guy screams Parcells...only other first day S I like outside of Landry.

Round Three
1. Manuel Ramirez - Get our mauler of the future.
2. Ryan Kalil - I love this guy...I think he's a big part of why USC's OL has been so good...solid leadership guy.
3. Edge Rusher

Round Four
1. Sabby Piscatelli - Best second day safety in the draft.
2. Kyle Young - Huge...has potential just needs to be pushed.

Rest of Second Day
QB to Groom...Kolb is around in the 5th I want him
NT maybe get lucky
Kicker is a possibility
Another OT I suppose

Random thought...if we get offered a mid second for JJ and guys like Bush or Leonard are available I won't be surprised to see a move.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote="cowboysforever"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Our Rams sources believe there's less than a 50-50 chance that former first-round pick Jimmy Kennedy will stick with the team next season after failing to cut the mustard this season as the team's starting nose tackle. Kennedy's current contract with the Rams runs out at the end of the '07 season, which would cut down the amount of cap revenue the team would stand to lose should it decide to release him.

what do you guys think about going after kennedy?
I asked this same question a few days back. This kid is from my hometown. He has one year left on his contract.

You got that from Hub Arkush's pub. Should credit it.[/quot

got it off espn insider. doesnt say who wrote it. doesnt matter anyway, not looking for praise or atta boys. just asking a question.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

d-unit what do you think of samson satele as a mid round pick? everything i read about him says he is very good.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Jan 10th Big Board
Round Two
4. Lamarr Woodley - A true pass rusher off the edge...solid value at the

Random thought...if we get offered a mid second for JJ and guys like Bush or Lenard are available I won't be surprised to see a move.
From your pen to God's ears.

Woodley and Bush in the 2nd/3rd?

What a draft.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

[quote="pocketaces"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Our Rams sources believe there's less than a 50-50 chance that former first-round pick Jimmy Kennedy will stick with the team next season after failing to cut the mustard this season as the team's starting nose tackle. Kennedy's current contract with the Rams runs out at the end of the '07 season, which would cut down the amount of cap revenue the team would stand to lose should it decide to release him.

what do you guys think about going after kennedy?
I asked this same question a few days back. This kid is from my hometown. He has one year left on his contract.

You got that from Hub Arkush's pub. Should credit it.[/quot

got it off espn insider. doesnt say who wrote it. doesnt matter anyway, not looking for praise or atta boys. just asking a question.
Sourcing is always a good thing. Yes, Pro Football Weekly. Not a bad off season rag.

Nothing wrong with "attaboy" either.

But it is a great question. 6'4 335 and former 10 pick.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

[quote="thule"]Jan 10th Big Board
It's been about a Month

Round One
1. Ted Ginn Jr. - I'm sticking to my guns on the future replacement and special teamer in Ginn.
2. Dwayne Jarrett - If he is still around I'll be screaming for him. I don't know what this does for our future...but he is our clearcut future number one..and should atleast overtake Crayton as the #3 guy his first year.
3. Sidney Rice - Future number 1 guy...could be our #3 guy for now.
4. Darrelle Revis - A Big East guy who has played good and has upside. Probably gone but Eric Wright could cause him to fall depending on workouts.
5. Daymeion Hughes - Stud who has been dominate and shown up when his team needed it. Might be a slight reach...but if top 5 are gone its a great pick.
6. Tank Tyler - Stud to be a future replacement...just a solid pick addressing a need.

Round Two
1. Josh Wilson - Special teams early on...Glenns clone and replacement at corner.
2. Craig Davis - A speedy guy that we need for our future WR corps.
3. Eric Weddle - This guy screams Parcells...only other first day S I like outside of Landry.
4. Lamarr Woodley - A true pass rusher off the edge...solid value at the bottom of the second round.

Round Three
1. Manuel Ramirez - Get our mauler of the future.
2. Ryan Kalil - I love this guy...I think he's a big part of why USC's OL has been so good...solid leadership guy.
3. Edge Rusher

Round Four
1. Sabby Piscatelli - Best second day safety in the draft.
2. Kyle Young - Huge...has potential just needs to be pushed.

Rest of Second Day
QB to Groom...Kolb is around in the 5th I want him
NT maybe get lucky
Kicker is a possibility
Another OT I suppose

Random thought...if we get offered a mid second for JJ and guys like Bush or Lenard are available I won't be surprised to see a move.[/quote

i like your picks. ginn will probably be gone. i like jarrett or hughs in the first. love woodly in the 2nd. love ramirez in the 3rd and have been touting piscatelli for a while now. would be a great draft.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Day One Mock
Thule is not going to like this mock.

1. Justin Blalock, Texas OG - Obvious choice here, the nasty mauler that we all want at the the Guard position, you can't but think of Larry Allen when it comes to strength and ability in the run game. Our running game could go through the roof with this pick,

2. Craig Davis, LSU WR - With or without TO, we need young talent and depth at WR. We can talk about the potential of Austin and Hurd all we want, but we haven't seen anything on the field that can assure us they are answers. I remember when people were goo-goo-gaga over Randal Williams because of his physique and potential. But I really do believe Craig Davis has #1 potential. Big play guy, who actually blocks on running plays.

3. Manual Ramirez, Texas Tech OG - I know, I know. Two OG in 3 rounds? The play of Rivera has been horrid, and Kosier has been decent, but not great. Manny, Blalock and Gurode can make our interior line dominating for the future. I'm a big believe of winning in the trenches, and we haven't had that since the golden years of the 90's. Something that really makes me like Manny even more is that he is the locker room leader and team captain on the Red Raiders. So he is a leader, and hopefully he can do the same for our offense
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
DSlay4

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I would love it if we got two guards on the first day
Old 01-10-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSlay4
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Issue with this is where do you put them on the roster?

Proctor, Rivera, Kosier + 2 Rooks?

Rivera is likely back too. May get cut, may retire but ....
Old 01-10-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Juniors are starting to push out some good talent into late 2 / early 3.

Jarrett seems confirmed now. WR is stocked this year.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
My Day One Mock

1. Justin Blalock, Texas OG - Obvious choice here, the nasty mauler that we all want at the the Guard position, you can't but think of Larry Allen when it comes to strength and ability in the run game. Our running game could go through the roof with this pick,

2. Craig Davis, LSU WR - With or without TO, we need young talent and depth at WR. We can talk about the potential of Austin and Hurd all we want, but we haven't seen anything on the field that can assure us they are answers. I remember when people were goo-goo-gaga over Randal Williams because of his physique and potential. But I really do believe Craig Davis has #1 potential. Big play guy, who actually blocks on running plays.

3. Manual Ramirez, Texas Tech OG - I know, I know. Two OG in 3 rounds? The play of Rivera has been horrid, and Kosier has been decent, but not great. Manny, Blalock and Gurode can make our interior line dominating for the future. I'm a big believe of winning in the trenches, and we haven't had that since the golden years of the 90's. Something that really makes me like Manny even more is that he is the locker room leader and team captain on the Red Raiders. So he is a leader, and hopefully he can do the same for our offense
I have no problem with drafting OG's...draft 2 on the first day automatically takes Proctor off this team...which I don't really agree with. But hey if we don't touch OG in FA...then OG is by far our biggest need. Don't get me wrong Blalock is my second favorite prospect in this draft behind Ginn.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-10-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSlay4
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Issue with this is where do you put them on the roster?

Proctor, Rivera, Kosier + 2 Rooks?

Rivera is likely back too. May get cut, may retire but ....
I'm hoping Rivera would be cut. Proctor is a wild card, we don't know how good or how bad he is. Koseir will compete for either position, and he is versitle enough to play anywhere on the line.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
My Day One Mock

I have no problem with drafting OG's...draft 2 on the first day automatically takes Proctor off this team...which I don't really agree with. But hey if we don't touch OG in FA...then OG is by far our biggest need. Don't get me wrong Blalock is my second favorite prospect in this draft behind Ginn.
So throwing away a "proven" young back-up for an un-proven one in the draft? Not a little drastic?

Not only do I not agree with it but I definately do not see BP doing this.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
My Day One Mock

Not a Ginn fan but hey he solves a speed deficit problem we have. Just think he is a bit fragile.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My Day One Mock

Not a Ginn fan but hey he solves a speed deficit problem we have. Just think he is a bit fragile.
He is more durable then Glenn...although its not great...he really doesn't have a history of injuries.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-10-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

The Cowboys worked out cornerback Joey Thomas, a third-round pick by Green Bay in 2004, and kicker Kurt Smith, a sixth-round pick by San Diego. Smith is seen as a kickoff specialist. Former Arkansas defensive end Jeb Huckeba underwent a physical Tuesday. He worked out for the Cowboys last month.

from cowboysplus.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-10-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Owens and Glenn both to return

Jerry Jones said on KTCK this morning that he intended to keep both Terrell Owens and Terry Glenn on the roster in 2007. Morning drive hosts Junior Miller and George Dunham asked Jones multiple times about the receivers and, when they reminded Jones about the roster bonuses due both players, he became agitated. "Now stop this crap," Jones said. "I've said 'yes' and I don't know how much more clear I can be. Do you think I know the consequences...that I know what their salaries are?"

When Miller responded that they were simply trying to get the owner's thoughts "for the record," Jones said, "I've already gone on the record. If you'd done your homework, you'd see that I talked about this after the game."

Asked about Bill Parcells, Jones said he paid no attention to the rumors that Parcells reached out the New York Giants about their open general manager's job. He said that with a high profile coach like Parcells, rumors were constant. He gave no indication that Parcells is any closer to a decision about returning to coach the Cowboys in 2007. Jones continued to express disappointment with the Cowboys' performance in 2006, citing once again his expectations for the defense.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-10-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The Cowboys worked out cornerback Joey Thomas, a third-round pick by Green Bay in 2004, and kicker Kurt Smith, a sixth-round pick by San Diego. Smith is seen as a kickoff specialist. Former Arkansas defensive end Jeb Huckeba underwent a physical Tuesday. He worked out for the Cowboys last month.

from cowboysplus.
I was actually a big fan of Joey Thomas when he came out. He has great size, and good speed. But still, I really wouldn't expect much from him.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya know, I want to just take a minute here to stand up and give some props to Jerry. You can say a lot of things about him, but one thing you can always count on is that he is in touch with what we, the fans, think and feel, and he is 100% dedicated to putting a product out on the field that we will be happy with. You can simply rest assured that he will give everything he's got to make this thing work. Not many owners out there that you can say that about.

As for his interview, I think probably the most telling thing he said was in regard to Roy Williams. He said something to the effect that "Every year at this time we say this, but we have got to get him up closer where he can make some plays. We say that every year, but it's time that we make it happen."

I don't know that there is anything more he could have said to proclaim that we are going to be looking into getting a top flight FS with range and cover skills. To me, that means Reggie Nelson. That is the only guy that I really believe can make a difference right away in the draft. Outside of him, you have to look at vets like Sharper or maybe even Hamlin. Any way you slice it, you get the feeling they are ready to do whatever necessary to bring in a guy that can really get the job done back there.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Ya think BP is holding off to see if he can get Al Groh as his DC in some sort of package deal with Jerry?

Another name from the past BP loves.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Ya think BP is holding off to see if he can get Al Groh as his DC in some sort of package deal with Jerry?

It would be a good option...but I haven't seen anything similar to that...I wouldnt' mind tracing Jerry's Plane right now maybe i'll give it a shot. Check out where he has been out.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-10-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

It would be a good option...but I haven't seen anything similar to that...I wouldnt' mind tracing Jerry's Plane right now maybe i'll give it a shot. Check out where he has been out.
HAHA!!! I remember those days!!! Is it that time of year again? :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:

Can you actually do that?
Old 01-10-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Groh ain't leaving Virginia to take a DC job. They'd have to fire him first. ...and he just signed an extension not too long ago.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote