Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-10-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
Ya think BP is holding off to see if he can get Al Groh as his DC in some sort of package deal with Jerry?

Another name from the past BP loves.
It would be a good option...but I haven't seen anything similar to that...I wouldnt' mind tracing Jerry's Plane right now maybe i'll give it a shot. Check out where he has been out.
Can you actually do that?
Yeah, but I foget the link... :?:
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna start my new Cowboys Draft Campaign now.

No more promoting us to take offensive players in the first round for me. I say we should address Defense, Defense and more Defense.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Ya think BP is holding off to see if he can get Al Groh as his DC in some sort of package deal with Jerry?

Groh ain't leaving Virginia to take a DC job. They'd have to fire him first. ...and he just signed an extension not too long ago.
Coaches leaving behind a contract is not so uncommon. Groh may want back into the Pro Game
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Groh ain't leaving Virginia to take a DC job. They'd have to fire him first. ...and he just signed an extension not too long ago.
Coaches leaving behind a contract is not so uncommon. Groh may want back into the Pro Game
Yeah as a head coach, but not as a backseat coordinator.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It would be a good option...but I haven't seen anything similar to that...I wouldnt' mind tracing Jerry's Plane right now maybe i'll give it a shot. Check out where he has been out.
Can you actually do that?
Yeah, but I foget the link... :?:
I can't pull any tail numbers for jerry jones :twisted: I'll get it soon.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah as a head coach, but not as a backseat coordinator.
Well we are speculating. Al did not like NFL head coaching too much and he is not a big college recruiting guy... so maybe he is happy somewhere in between.

100% spec.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

When did Cory Procter get so good? All Bill ever said about him is that he works really hard to get better. I certainly hope he pans out, but right now his claim to fame is beating out Peterman. He was ok in the preseason, but as of last year he certainly didn't show the ability to start. Plus, we brought in 2 developmental guys during the season.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

No more promoting us to take offensive players in the first round for me. I say we should address Defense, Defense and more Defense.
So you would take Carriker or Tank over Ginn or Jarrett?

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-10-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:

So you would take Carriker or Tank over Ginn or Jarrett?
Yikes!!! That doesn't sound so good does it... LOL.

But I would take Nelson, Griffin, or Landry over them.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdallas
When did Cory Procter get so good? All Bill ever said about him is that he works really hard to get better. I certainly hope he pans out, but right now his claim to fame is beating out Peterman. He was ok in the preseason, but as of last year he certainly didn't show the ability to start. Plus, we brought in 2 developmental guys during the season.
He was good enuff to make the squad at least.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I dont like ginn nearly as much as jarret. Although jarrets speed is questionable, at least he has sure hands and has a big durable body. I think ginn will be a dissapointment, hes so small, i just dont see him translating well to the NFL. Guys like steve smith and santana moss are small but they have some weight to them. Ginn is listed at 180 (which i find very hard to believe) and i see him as being completely crushed in the NFL. his speed wont mean as much at the next level and his durability should be a huge concern.

why is everyone so high on him?

and with T.O. and Glenn coming back I dont see us spending a first round pick on a reciever. Think about what the team will actually do. With glenn, T.O., crayton as a very solid 3, austin and hurd as young question marks and witten and fasano, i really dont see us spending a first round pick on a reciever. What we really need is DEFENSE like d-unit said.

I think we need to go speed rush in the first round. The whole reason our secondary sufferend in the second half of the season was because of lack of pass rush. No one was calling for Roy to be hung, or a massive overhaul until ellis went down and we lost all pass rush except for ware which left our defense vulnerable to the pass. If we can grab another pressure guy, whether it be OLB or DE or a tweener, i think it would benefit our team the most.

After that i think we need to go O-line, they play average at times but i think its time for us to move on from Flo, Rivera, and Kosier (i hated dropping allen for that girl). The three of them are too inconsistant, i realize we cant do a full overhaul at once but when thinking long term the only solid pieces look like columbo and gurode.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336
I dont like ginn nearly as much as jarret. Although jarrets speed is questionable, at least he has sure hands and has a big durable body. I think ginn will be a dissapointment, hes so small, i just dont see him translating well to the NFL. Guys like steve smith and santana moss are small but they have some weight to them. Ginn is listed at 180 (which i find very hard to believe) and i see him as being completely crushed in the NFL. his speed wont mean as much at the next level and his durability should be a huge concern.

and with T.O. and Glenn coming back I dont see us spending a first round pick on a reciever. Think about what the team will actually do. With glenn, T.O., crayton as a very solid 3, austin and hurd as young question marks and witten and fasano, i really dont see us spending a first round pick on a reciever. What we really need is DEFENSE like d-unit said.

I think we need to go speed rush in the first round. The whole reason our secondary sufferend in the second half of the season was because of lack of pass rush. No one was calling for Roy to be hung, or a massive overhaul until ellis went down and we lost all pass rush except for ware which left our defense vulnerable to the pass. If we can grab another pressure guy, whether it be OLB or DE or a tweener, i think it would benefit our team the most.

After that i think we need to go O-line, they play average at times but i think its time for us to move on from Flo, Rivera, and Kosier (i hated dropping allen for that girl). The three of them are too inconsistant, i realize we cant do a full overhaul at once but when thinking long term the only solid pieces look like columbo and gurode.
People had similar views on Hester last year...he is raw...can't do anything well besides return has no true position...his speed won't be as important in the pros...where are those people now?

I'm not saying Ginn is even close to Hester as a returner...but he does have that elite speed. As Deion said...its not a 4.3 40 its the faster then the guy next to me 40...He left Nelson in the dust when nelson had a angle on him. Nelson is supposed to be one of the faster players in this draft. Ginn speed is rare which is why he is such a special guy...not many guys like him in the NFL.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-10-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I missed a couple games at the end,but I also don't get why everybody is so down on Kosier. He looked pretty good all the times I watched him and held up at the point a lot better than I expected him to coming in.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdallas
I missed a couple games at the end,but I also don't get why everybody is so down on Kosier. He looked pretty good all the times I watched him and held up at the point a lot better than I expected him to coming in.
I feel the same way...Koiser was exactly who we thought he was...we cannot put him in a power role and expect him to play above average...but when he is on the move he is in the top half of the league as far as OGs go.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-10-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:

People had similar views on Hester last year...he is raw...can't do anything well besides return has no true position...his speed won't be as important in the pros...where are those people now?

I'm not saying Ginn is even close to Hester as a returner...but he does have that elite speed. As Deion said...its not a 4.3 40 its the faster then the guy next to me 40...He left Nelson in the dust when nelson had a angle on him. Nelson is supposed to be one of the faster players in this draft. Ginn speed is rare which is why he is such a special guy...not many guys like him in the NFL.
I'm pretty sure Nelson was held on that play... and he didn't have any angle advantage. Nelson didn't catch up, but Ginn didn't separate any further than he already was.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
cowboyz
Rookie

cowboyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

how much will gurode and colombo cost? seems like that would eat up a good portion of the $25m

FA spend that money on a veteran 3-4 DE. bobby carpenter can play olb or ilb depending on ellis.

draft OG, OT, NT, pass rush de, ilb, CB, and BP will throw in a TE.

basically i'd like to see a philly draft, o and dline. cowboys have good skill players, but have crappy lines.

wr allow hurd and miles to show what they got
rb if tyson comes back else draft another rb.

a lot depends on what BP sees in the players.

T-is macquistan hype or real? fabini will probably stay another year
NT-will mountavious be the backup?
DE-canty, hatcher, spears, FA VET, coleman
pass rush specialist as a hedge against ellis
olb-got to have another olb after carpenter. how can singleton be kept on the roster? what about junior glymph?
CB-are nathan jones and reeves decent?
TE-will get hannam and tony curtis back. but BP always gets a TE.
cowboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm pretty sure Nelson was held on that play... and he didn't have any angle advantage. Nelson didn't catch up, but Ginn didn't separate any further than he already was.
Ginn gets by him on the hold...Nelson gets out ran clearly. Watch the replay...towards the end of hte video its almost slow motion you get a good look.

Ginn Return

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-10-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ginn gets by him on the hold...Nelson gets out ran clearly. Watch the replay...towards the end of hte video its almost slow motion you get a good look.

Ginn Return
im not questioning his speed as much as i am his durability. I know he is fast, but what i meant was that he wont be as fast at the next level. Hes not an elite route runner and isnt know for spectacular hands plus hes small. I just see him as being very injury prone at the next level when people can actually get to him and lay hits on him.

I wouldnt even really want jarret with out first round pick but if it were between jarret and ginn i would rather have Jarret. I would say calvin or nothing and we no thats not going to happen.

Once again ill elude to the fact that we have many capable recievers on this team and i think the pick would be spent better on defense on a speed rush guy.

would you really want to add ted ginn with our number one pick and have him just be used as a situational guy, who is highly prone to injury based on his size alone and isnt even polished enough to be a solid number 2 at the next level? i dont.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IF we do go WR in the 1st round, I would much rather have Meachem then Ginn. He has 4.3-4.4 speed, and has great size at 6-3 210.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:24 AM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
IF we do go WR in the 1st round, I would much rather have Meachem then Ginn. He has 4.3-4.4 speed, and has great size at 6-3 210.
100% agree. Meachem is my first pick behind Calvin.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of Nelson or Griffin will be avaible at #22. Safeties fall everytime in the draft.. Do you remember last year? Ko Simpson was projected as a first/second round, Watkins as second/third.
I think Nelson will go top 20, and Griffin will be avaible for us. And I Wat this guy, he can cover a lot of speed and he's a playmaker. With Griffin we can allow Roy to play near the line..

Lookng at WR, my number 2 guy is Sidney Rice. I see him as a Larry Fitzgerald type of receiver. But I'd like Davis or Bowe in the second round.

I've heard some redskins' fans saying that Dockery is maybe their worst starter on the OL... Other than Steinbach who do you think is the best guard avaible?
And I hope we should grab Ramirez in the third round...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:17 AM    (permalink
ncbigbody
Veteran

ncbigbody hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Limas Sweed go pro.
Get rid of T.O.
Trade down 7-10 spots, draft Sweed.

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan
ncbigbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:34 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sweed is right now my second choice as WR (Rice - Sweed - Bowe). I hope we can grab him in the second..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:19 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm more of a fan of Meacham than Sweed. I'd rather us get him.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:17 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

So even if someone like Ginn is sitting there staring us in the face, you'd go defense?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote