Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-11-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Number-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
I know I said I was done aknowledging you but...it just got to be too much..so hopefully I will show you were I'm coming from. I'm gonna go back in the archive a bit and show you why you opinions aren't respected.

Quote:
Also how about Spears to NT? Hatcher to RDE and Canty to LDE.

Use the Fergie money for something else?
You want to convert our underachieving DE to NT...at the time it didn't make alot of sense because Spears wasn't in such a slump...but now that idea doesn't seem so out of left field. But trading the most important player on our defense to get some money to spend on FA makes no sense to me and makes me laugh. Not only would we lose a true player...but we would be counting on a guy who has never played the nose in his life to come in and contribute at a high level...this idea is very farfetched.
So, I think Thule would have some ideas as to why not......

I think Spears body type if perfect for that spot.
How's he going to push the pocket being double teamed? Hell how would he even avoid being pushed back? He can't do either in a 1on1 match. I'm giving him till the end of next year then he'll be a bust to me; he has all the physical talent in the world but he just can't pull it together. Only thing he can do is stop the run which is why I think Hatcher should get his spot he seems to get atleast a little push.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
I think Parcells should transform Marcus Spears into a NT.
I admit I'm fishing here.... and it may not be a good idea...

But I'm convinced that we need a great NT if we want our Defense to get to that elite level.

Unfortunately the draft is weak at NT and the FA crop doesn't look very promising either.

Big Ferg is steady, but he simply does not even demand a double team.
Ian Scott should hit the free agent market and I think he'd be a very solid NT in a 3-4. He'll obviously have to bulk up some, but he's a tremendous run-stopper, he just can't penetrate well which is why he's not a starter on our team anymore.
Technically speaking, he seems thick enough and strong (don't see him going backwards) plus he seems to have better quick penetrating skills than Canty. Canty, like Hatcher, seem to take some time revvvving up the motor. They are 6'7.

But this is a difficult transition which takes time.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think Parcells should transform Marcus Spears into a NT.
Are you fishing for a comment from me on this one? Okay, I'll take bait.

I think this idea has been murdered and mocked a few times.

BTW, I think he would make a good NT but it is not a major priority.
Really? Who brought up the idea the other time?

..and I don't care if it was mocked, but I'm more interested in what were the main points of criticism that were made?

...and I disagree with you in that I think a dominant NT is the biggest area of concern on our defense.
1) I brought it up. I was killed. Even putting Hatcher and Canty at ends. I thought it would help the rush and side line to sideline speed.

2) The points made by other. I can't remember other than "he sucks now -- he will suck later"

3) Not sure what you think I feel about NT as is but here it is ..... I think Fergie is fine. I think if you upgrade him the D would however really improve the pass rush but very little on run D.

4) I think NT will force Spears to play with more urgency and to his physical skills. He is quick more than faster. He can penetrate and moves well side to side. He will be allowed to play more react than read at NT.

Thanks for asking.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Fergie gets just as much push against 2 guys as Spears gets against 1. I don't really see Spears as an improvement. Now if we end up giving up on Spears at DE I would be for switching him to DT as a backup. He would be a good option when we use 4 linemen sets, and could take a few plays a game in the 3-4 to rest the starter. I don't think he could get the push or stand the abuse through a whole game though.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman
Fergie gets just as much push against 2 guys as Spears gets against 1. I don't really see Spears as an improvement. Now if we end up giving up on Spears at DE I would be for switching him to DT as a backup. He would be a good option when we use 4 linemen sets, and could take a few plays a game in the 3-4 to rest the starter. I don't think he could get the push or stand the abuse through a whole game though.
Teams don't sic 2 guys on Fergy. They simple handle him one on one. That's the problem. We have a NT that doesn't demand a double which doesn't free up the ends to work 1 on 1. It's our Ends and OLBs that are getting doubled.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
I know I said I was done aknowledging you but...it just got to be too much..so hopefully I will show you were I'm coming from. I'm gonna go back in the archive a bit and show you why you opinions aren't respected.

Quote:
Also how about Spears to NT? Hatcher to RDE and Canty to LDE.

Use the Fergie money for something else?
You want to convert our underachieving DE to NT...at the time it didn't make alot of sense because Spears wasn't in such a slump...but now that idea doesn't seem so out of left field. But trading the most important player on our defense to get some money to spend on FA makes no sense to me and makes me laugh. Not only would we lose a true player...but we would be counting on a guy who has never played the nose in his life to come in and contribute at a high level...this idea is very farfetched.
So, I think Thule would have some ideas as to why not...... I think Spears body type if perfect for that spot.

I also think there are some name floating out there -- Jenkins (Car), Rogers (Det), Williams (Stl) -- as possible upgrades over an arguably stable position.

To me NT is not a priority but if you can get a stud or even keep Fergie while maybe grooming Spears as a back up / future starter .......

Big Blue???? You think Spears maybe a bust. How about NT?
I don't think thats a good long term answer. I think Fergie is doing a fine job at NT, the problem like I said prior is that Spears and Canty are not taking on the proper olinemen in certain situations. Its a mental issue.

That and Spears is having a hard time getting in the backfield on one guy, let alone two. I don't think he'd work well at NT at all, not at his current frame.

If he shapes out to be a bust, you can give him a try to salvage his career, but I wouldn't invest too much hope into it. If he had the strength necessary for the position, he'd be blowing up his side of the line every play, but he's not. He can't even bullrush a OG into the backfield right now, he definately won't handle the double team.

Is it possible? Anything is possible. But I wouldn't bench one of your best defensive players in the most crucial position of the 3-4 for a project that has high bust potential. Give Spears another year, if it doesn't shape up, then let him go or try to convert him. But right now, I don't like the idea.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moving Spears to NT is nothing short of stupidity. In the first place, he has never played the position. He is having a hard enough time adjusting to playing mainly two gap schemes on the outside of the line, how is he going to move inside and not only play that scheme every single down, but do it while being double and triple teamed on rund downs? In the second place, while he is not quite as rangy as Canty, he is still more of the long and tall type, then the short and squat. That will be a limitation, and he will likely have some serious leverage problems.

I take some serious issue with people calling Fergie "adequate". He has been much better than that this season. He has actually dominated a few games inside. I can't remember if it was the Lion game or the Falcons game, but he had 9 tackles, and completely shut down all activity inside the tackle box. Parcells even pointed out how well he had played later on. On that 20 yard run by Alexander from the 2 in last weeks game, I went back and watched the replay 5x over in super slow replay, and he competely blew up the inside of their line. Right at the snap he was in the backfield and made Alexander adjust his route. Unfortunately, we somehow decided to run Canty on an outside stunt, and filled the gap that he vacated with Bradie James, who was subsequently demolished by the guard and the center, while DMW and Canty sealed off one another by switching and Walter Jones simply had to interpose himself between the ball and those two. I think we were anticpating one of their off tackle or stretch plays, and instead they ran a dive (I think). But the point is that Fergie dominated his spot on that play, and we still gave up a big play. He is not a problem for us. Is he Jamal Williams or Casey Hampton? No, but I would argue that he is better than Wilfork right now (though not more talented) and probably even the 3rd best 3-4 NT in the league.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
charles_haley_rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Depends how youre juding the grades. Right now, you can only grade their impact of this past year. You can't really project too accurately.

I think Carp is gonna be a big time player next year. The question is, where do you put him? Ellis will be back in the lineup. Burnett deserves playing time. It seems to me that youre a little too stacked at LB right now, and that will make for interesting TC discussion.

Fasano was disappointing quite honestly. He shouldve done a much better job blocking. He'll improve, but he mightve been a reach for the 2nd round.

Watkins and Hatcher will be great I think in their respective roles.

Green was a waste.

But the big question will be Carp. I think he deserves time on the field. But it leaves you with either Burnett or Ellis on the bench.
I think Fasano will come along next year. He made some good plays for us, although the mental game is still improvong. Green was a waste, but wasnt. Parcells planned on turning him into a running back, apparently his natural position. He just got caught in the numbers crunch when Ellis went down.

I think Watkins will be the starter next year. He seemed to level out towards the end. We shall see.

Carpenter is indeed the hit of the draft. He got a late start but he really came on strong. I think you sit Burnette and play him in the nickel. Instead of a 4-2-5 or 3-4-4, how bout a 3-3-5? Canty, Hatcher, Spears on the line. Ware, Burnete, Ellis at LB. Man on three recievers and the SS covers the thight end. Blitz the front six.

Yeah, I'm a fan of blitzes and zero safety coverage. Screw it. Bet the bank. haha.

I still think Adalius Thomas would be huge for this team.

Not up on the college prospects that will last to pick 22. I like Landry, Jarret, Calvin Johnson. But me thinks they'll be gone. We shall see.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles_haley_rules
Quote:
Depends how youre juding the grades. Right now, you can only grade their impact of this past year. You can't really project too accurately.

I think Carp is gonna be a big time player next year. The question is, where do you put him? Ellis will be back in the lineup. Burnett deserves playing time. It seems to me that youre a little too stacked at LB right now, and that will make for interesting TC discussion.

Fasano was disappointing quite honestly. He shouldve done a much better job blocking. He'll improve, but he mightve been a reach for the 2nd round.

Green was a waste.

But the big question will be Carp. I think he deserves time on the field. But it leaves you with either Burnett or Ellis on the bench.
I think Fasano will come along next year. He made some good plays for us, although the mental game is still improvong. Green was a waste, but wasnt. Parcells planned on turning him into a running back, apparently his natural position. He just got caught in the numbers crunch when Ellis went down.

I think Watkins will be the starter next year. He seemed to level out towards the end. We shall see.

Carpenter is indeed the hit of the draft. He got a late start but he really came on strong. I think you sit Burnette and play him in the nickel. Instead of a 4-2-5 or 3-4-4, how bout a 3-3-5? Canty, Hatcher, Spears on the line. Ware, Burnete, Ellis at LB. Man on three recievers and the SS covers the thight end. Blitz the front six.

Yeah, I'm a fan of blitzes and zero safety coverage. Screw it. Bet the bank. haha.

Not up on the college prospects that will last to pick 22. I like Landry, Jarret, Calvin Johnson. But me thinks they'll be gone. We shall see.
your nickel 335 would work in principle, but the MIKE calls the plays, and you have no MIKE in that lineup. I do like mixing it up though, I think Dallas got way to vanilla on 3rd and long with their basic nickel package.

Oh, and I wouldn't trust Roy on man coverage with the TE right now. Thats a qb's dream come true.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
charles_haley_rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
Moving Spears to NT is nothing short of stupidity. In the first place, he has never played the position. He is having a hard enough time adjusting to playing mainly two gap schemes on the outside of the line, how is he going to move inside and not only play that scheme every single down, but do it while being double and triple teamed on rund downs? In the second place, while he is not quite as rangy as Canty, he is still more of the long and tall type, then the short and squat. That will be a limitation, and he will likely have some serious leverage problems.

I take some serious issue with people calling Fergie "adequate". He has been much better than that this season. He has actually dominated a few games inside. I can't remember if it was the Lion game or the Falcons game, but he had 9 tackles, and completely shut down all activity inside the tackle box. Parcells even pointed out how well he had played later on. On that 20 yard run by Alexander from the 2 in last weeks game, I went back and watched the replay 5x over in super slow replay, and he competely blew up the inside of their line. Right at the snap he was in the backfield and made Alexander adjust his route. Unfortunately, we somehow decided to run Canty on an outside stunt, and filled the gap that he vacated with Bradie James, who was subsequently demolished by the guard and the center, while DMW and Canty sealed off one another by switching and Walter Jones simply had to interpose himself between the ball and those two. I think we were anticpating one of their off tackle or stretch plays, and instead they ran a dive (I think). But the point is that Fergie dominated his spot on that play, and we still gave up a big play. He is not a problem for us. Is he Jamal Williams or Casey Hampton? No, but I would argue that he is better than Wilfork right now (though not more talented) and probably even the 3rd best 3-4 NT in the league.
I'll second that. Ferguson did fine all year and as said above, made big plays on several occasions disrupting the middle. The problem is, once Ellis went down there was no pressure coming from anywhere except Ware and he got doubled most of the time.

Hope Ellis comes back. Get a pure pass rusher in FA or the draft. Sign Adalius Thomas. Get a NT from the draft to start grooming and rest Ferguson. Get a CB in the draft to train up. Booyah.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
charles_haley_rules

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Green was a waste.

your nickel 335 would work in principle, but the MIKE calls the plays, and you have no MIKE in that lineup. I do like mixing it up though, I think Dallas got way to vanilla on 3rd and long with their basic nickel package.

Oh, and I wouldn't trust Roy on man coverage with the TE right now. Thats a qb's dream come true.
I can dig it. Sometimes I forget someone has t call the plays instead of reading my sketchpad. But you get my drift? Think how The ravens defense blitzes from all over and drops into coverage. Thats why I think it is worth throwing a silly huge contract at Thomas is worth it. He can blitz, cover, play zone, maul recievers. He can give us the kind of versatility the team needs.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Green was a waste.

I can dig it. Sometimes I forget someone has t call the plays instead of reading my sketchpad. But you get my drift? Think how The ravens defense blitzes from all over and drops into coverage. Thats why I think it is worth throwing a silly huge contract at Thomas is worth it. He can blitz, cover, play zone, maul recievers. He can give us the kind of versatility the team needs.
I think you can achieve that versatility with the current personell. Ware can rush or drop back, so can Carp, so can James, and Burnett as well. Zone blitzing could work with Canty, he's rangy enough.

You have young guys. They should start "getting it" as Parcells says coming this year. I expect a big improvement next year with the current personell.

Adalius can make any defense better, but I highly doubt you guys have the firepower to get him, and he'll be demanding a long contract. At age 30, Im not sure you want to do that.

With Tim Lewis being fired, you have competition now for Dom Capers. I would think he'd rather go to Dallas, but NYG is also a possibility. So it will be interesting to see how this shapes up.

I think alot will be learned of what to expect from both our teams once we find out who our new coordinators will be.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine

With him weighing 285, yeah, that is stupid... but he can easily handle a lot more weight. He came into camp as a rookie at over 300 pounds. I said he'd have to transform into a NT.

Ferg is great at stopping the run because he can slip by blockers pretty well. ...but we don't need him trying to do that. We need him occupying blockers and commanding a double team, so that our ILBs can stuff the run. ...that is the role of a 3-4 NT and that is the role of 3-4 ILBs.

When Ferg slips by the blockers and misses the RB, all of a sudden the blockers he's supposed to be demanding, are now blocking our LBs and the RB is in our secondary.

Sure, he had a few games where he racked up tackles, but it's that kind of inconsistency that has plagued us all year. The games where he doesn't rack up tackles, just means he's trying to do the same thing but missing. We don't need our NT being the leading tackler. We need him doing his role and occupying as many blockers as he can handle. Let the other guys be the playmakers.

The more blockers he can demand the better. We'd be able to get better inside blitz from the LBs shooting the gaps, we'd be able to free up the guys on the outside and our pass pressure and we could open up all kinds of packages and open up the playbook.

This entire year, our defense played vanilla D. It was said over and over ad nauseum. We were all thinking... Hey, maybe Parcells will open it up this week... maybe he's waiting for the playoffs... blah, blah, blah...

We need a dominating NT. That knows his role and can do it right! Period.

I'm not saying Spears is the answer. But we need something... and Spears ain't working out too well at DE. Maybe he needs more time...
Old 01-11-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Number-94

Did you all see this?

Quote:
While Parcells' future with the Cowboys remains in the air, he conducted a second round of meetings with his coaches Tuesday, without Zimmer. If Parcells chooses to stay and hires a defensive coordinator from within, secondary coach Todd Bowles and linebackers coach Paul Pasqualoni could be the top choices.
Cornerback Terence Newman is a fan of Bowles, who joined the Cowboys in 2005 and worked with Parcells with the New York Jets.
"He played in the league, and I think he has an understanding of different things," Newman said. "Instead of running the same thing every week, he knows teams will figure that out and understands you have to change things up."

With Zimmer's departure, the Cowboys have four coaches with expiring contracts: Bruce DeHaven (special teams), Mike MacIntyre (safeties), Anthony Lynn (running backs) and David Lee (offensive staff assistant).
Could Newman have enough pull in it?
Old 01-11-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number-94
Did you all see this?

Quote:
While Parcells' future with the Cowboys remains in the air, he conducted a second round of meetings with his coaches Tuesday, without Zimmer. If Parcells chooses to stay and hires a defensive coordinator from within, secondary coach Todd Bowles and linebackers coach Paul Pasqualoni could be the top choices.
Cornerback Terence Newman is a fan of Bowles, who joined the Cowboys in 2005 and worked with Parcells with the New York Jets.
"He played in the league, and I think he has an understanding of different things," Newman said. "Instead of running the same thing every week, he knows teams will figure that out and understands you have to change things up."

With Zimmer's departure, the Cowboys have four coaches with expiring contracts: Bruce DeHaven (special teams), Mike MacIntyre (safeties), Anthony Lynn (running backs) and David Lee (offensive staff assistant).
This may scare a few .... how about Tim Lewis for DC? He was the Pitt DC and knows the 3-4.

I think he got a bad deal in NY personally. Not enough talent and what there was was injured a bit.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Did you all see this?

Quote:

Todd Bowles from the Redskins?
Old 01-11-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Did you all see this?

Quote:

Todd Bowles from the Redskins?
Todd Bowles our DB coach.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well everyone saw my views on Spears...I agree with BBD its almost a worst case senerio to move him there. I think he could play the NT positon if given time to bulk up...but right now I think that would be a a bigger project then we think. One thing to remember when talking Spears...this will be his first offseason completely healthy to be in all the offseason workouts...I think this is a big reason for his lack of improvement since he has been here.

If someone was to walk up to me on the street and ask me what thing would you like to see Dallas accomplish this offseason. I would laugh and say top tier OG...and if asked what else I would say Carp to the Nickle. He would spell Ellis as the Sam when needed...and start in the nickle. If carp could play the nickle it would allow a couple of things. First of all we would have a upgrade in blitzer from Carp over Burnett. Second of all it would allow us to transition Roy to a Rover in the nickle...which allows us to bring in whoever we bring in during the offseason to play over the top next to Watkins...that why making a push for Sharper could be the best answer. Hell even Mike Brown would be a good option...he isn't a lock to be playing in Chicago this year...and he was the leader of their secondary...we need a guy like that back there. Heck this is where we move Henry back and bring in our rookie. IDC...bottomline is it would allow everyone to play to the best of their abilities and would make burnett expendable.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-11-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

i still dont understand why everyone is talking about reciever or DB for the first round pick. I know this has already been said but look at the chargers DB's -- they arent even close to the talent level of our DB's but they have such awesome pressure that they dont need to be very good.

If we get someone to compliment ware, it would sure up a whole lot in the secondary including roys problems. He needs to work hard, but we also need to help him with better pressure.

We need to take an end or a tweener in the first round unless we somhow get thomas in FA which i dont see happening.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Did any of you see Toonster's mock?

He's giving us Revis and saying we move Henry to FS.

LOL! I bet he read my post of me saying we draft Hughes and experiment with Henry at FS! Woooo hoooo meeee!!!!
Old 01-11-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

LOL! I bet he read my post of me saying we draft Hughes and experiment with Henry at FS! Woooo hoooo meeee!!!!
Toonster thought of that weeks before you did.

Why?

Because he's Toonster.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336
i still dont understand why everyone is talking about reciever or DB for the first round pick. I know this has already been said but look at the chargers DB's -- they arent even close to the talent level of our DB's but they have such awesome pressure that they dont need to be very good.

If we get someone to compliment ware, it would sure up a whole lot in the secondary including roys problems. He needs to work hard, but we also need to help him with better pressure.

We need to take an end or a tweener in the first round unless we somhow get thomas in FA which i dont see happening.
Basically because we have enough young talent to work with in the front 7 (outside of NT) and there isn't a NT worth drafting where we are in Round 1.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I think with the overall talent level of this team that the first day needs to go after skill position players. Because OL and DL can be found just as easy in the fifth round as in the second round where we are picking. Both guys won't be NFL ready...and will need to be coached...so I'm all for drafting on potential when you have a team as solid as us. Not very many teams have this luxary but if I was a GM this would be my stategy. Which is why a value Ginn over Blalock....both are great players in their own right...but Ginn is the unmatched player in this draft.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-11-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:

Toonster thought of that weeks before you did.

Why?

Because he's Toonster.
We talked about this last year. :?
Old 01-11-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:

I think with the overall talent level of this team that the first day needs to go after skill position players. Because OL and DL can be found just as easy in the fifth round as in the second round where we are picking. Both guys won't be NFL ready...and will need to be coached...so I'm all for drafting on potential when you have a team as solid as us. Not very many teams have this luxary but if I was a GM this would be my stategy. Which is why a value Ginn over Blalock....both are great players in their own right...but Ginn is the unmatched player in this draft.
Ginn is a good straight line runner, but he doesn't offer anything else "special" ...or even "above average" outside of that.