Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-27-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

This was the dream draft this franchise needed. Several starters and key role players will come directly from this weekend.

With the additions of Albert, Charles, Cottam, Franklin, and a healthy LJ, Croyle has no excuse to not make a big step forward this year. It's really a win-win situation for us; if he plays well, we've got a great QB. If not, we'll know for sure he's not the guy and we should be in a great position to take a QB in the draft due to having a poor record.

Our defense should show flashes of brilliance next year with the additions of Dorsey, Flowers, and Morgan. Plus, all of these guys are vocal leaders that bring a swagger to the table. You need guys like this that will hold other players accountable for their actions. Dorsey could end up being our defensive leader like Warren Sapp or Ray Lewis.

Throw in what was arguably the steal of the draft in Brian Johnston, and wow, I am pumped for next season.

I'm so stoked about this draft I can hardly believe it really happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

I feel much better about the Allen trade now given we had the ability to draft Dorsey. I really believe that Hali will pick up his game with the addition of Dorsey to pick up some of the slack and we will mix and match on the other side depending on the matchup. We should be a great run defense for the first time in what seems like forever. Having Dorsey is going to give us an element we haven't seen in a while with a push from the middle and will constantly take up two blockers. Gunther will figure out a way to get the most out of out linebacker and corner (Flowers anyone?) blitzes to keep the QB's pressured. We will likely start slow as these guys learn the game but we should start seeing later in the year what we have to look forward to. I too am excited about seeing this come together we just need to tempur our expectations early on too see how these guys progress. My only fear, which Village touched on earlier, is that we have to get all of these guys signed on time which I'm a bit worried about. Other than that I'm ready for some football.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't remember who I said it to, but I said that this was far a far better draft than I could have dreamed for. With Tank AND Dorsey in the middle, it will free up our ends to make plays but also for our linebackers to really shine. Derrick Johnson is going to have the breakout year we all know he can have. I said it here first: Derrick Johnson, 2009 pro-bowl!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:57 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Johnston/Turk, Tank, Dorsey, Hali = :D :D
Old 04-27-2008, 09:21 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Picked up Scott Octivien as a UDFA...Looks Good...

Strengths:
Superb athleticism...Very good timed speed...Explosive with a burst...Good tackler and shows some power...Has sideline-to-sideline range...Good pass rusher/blitzer and makes a lot if impact plays behind the line...Has fluid hips and does a nice job in coverage...Real intense with a fantastic motor...Versatile..Still has some upside.

Weaknesses:
Health and durability are major concerns....Does not have great size or bulk...Has some trouble taking on and shedding blockers...A little inconsistent...Questionable instincts and awareness...Lacks top ball skills..Does not have a ton of experience.

Notes:
His sister, Dayana, was a three-time track All-American in the discus and hammer throw at South Florida and competed in the '04 U.S. Olympic Trials...Was originally slated to attend the U of Illinois out of high school but wound up at William Rainey Harper (Ill.) College, where he went on to become one of the top JUCO recruits in the country as well as a track standout in the 400-meter relay and discus...Dealt with an assortment injuries in 2004, 2005 and 2006 but was finally able to show just how good he can be when healthy as a senior...Could be a pleasant surprise for someone and a steal if he can just manage to steer clear of the trainer's room

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
bspen4
Rookie

bspen4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Did we sign a QB yet?
bspen4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspen4 View Post
Did we sign a QB yet?
Ricky Santos from New Hampshire

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 04-27-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
bspen4
Rookie

bspen4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Actually I just saw we signed Ricky Santos QB from New Hampshire
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#468522

Edit: Lol we think alike
bspen4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

We signed:

Johnny Dingle, DE, WVU
Mike Cox, FB, Georgia Tech

Oh and Gosselin likes our mock

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...l.26d7525.html

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 04-27-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Signed Derek Lokey, DT...good signing...I really like all of our signings so far

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 04-27-2008, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

I'm a big fan of Mark Sanchez, and I think he'll be a top pick next year. I would love to grab him if we can't get Tebow.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tebow or Stafford imo.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Easily the best draft out of anyone. Props to the Kansas City FO, they did a great job.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Easily the best draft out of anyone. Props to the Kansas City FO, they did a great job.
Thanks, I do what I can

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 04-27-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Tebow or Stafford imo.
Stafford? YES.

Tebow doesn't have great mechanics...still a lot of questions concerning his NFL game

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 04-27-2008, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Thanks, I do what I can
what you do, pray?

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:16 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

He cried when our first day was over. Tears of joy. As did almost every other KC fan in existence.

I went through three boxes of kleenex.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:26 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am still in shoc k.are we sure that was our FO making those picks?
Old 04-28-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nope it was me, you and viade
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Stafford? YES.

Tebow doesn't have great mechanics...still a lot of questions concerning his NFL game

How dare you speak down on Tebow. I've never seen anything wrong with Tebow's mechanics. He holds the ball high, has a fairly quick release, and steps into all his throws.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
How dare you speak down on Tebow. I've never seen anything wrong with Tebow's mechanics. He holds the ball high, has a fairly quick release, and steps into all his throws.

The problem with me and Tebow is the point at which he breaks his handsto the release of the ball is very verrry long.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:39 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I am still in shoc k.are we sure that was our FO making those picks?
Actually, with Gretz being canned last week, speculation is that Carl no longer was the man pulling the trigger this weekend, and that it was primarily in the hands of Kuharich and Herm. I think whether this draft bombs or is wildly successful responisiblity goes strictly to Herm and Kuharich.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
The problem with me and Tebow is the point at which he breaks his handsto the release of the ball is very verrry long.
I can agree with that he does **** the ball back when he throws, but I wouldn't call it very very long. In his defense though he throw a hard tight ball.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:39 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
Just what the scouts say...meaning Toonster :D

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 04-28-2008, 11:07 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Im a good scout
Quote: