Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2008, 03:43 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's why we need to spike his Schlitz with some THC for when he drug tests again....
Old 04-30-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What does everyone think about Jordy potentially being a H back in the future if he were to put on 10 or 15 more pounds? Regardless of who plays the H back next year it's going to have a large impact on the offense. Humphrey could fill in there as well.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

id rather keep Jordy at WR. i think he has mre potential out there. my reasoning for this is our 4 WR sets. out on the field would be DD, Jennings, Jones and Nelson. seems like a solid group of WR.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats Robinsons status at this point? Jordy is a threat to overtake every value he has as a Packer. Special Teams and a 4th Wide Reciever..

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Whats Robinsons status at this point? Jordy is a threat to overtake every value he has as a Packer. Special Teams and a 4th Wide Reciever..
I was kinda wondering if we ended up trading him for a 5th or something.

I don't think it's worth it to keep him as a 6th receiver and I could name at least 3 people I'd rather have returning kicks than him.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need some input guys. So now that Brett has retired I cent wear his jersey on game day. I wear Hawk's for away games and used to wear 4 when we were home. What offensive player's jersey should I get? I was thinking Grant Jennings or Rodgers.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jennings, most likely to be on the team for awhile

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Agreed, Jennings is the best bet without doubt. I think Ryan Grant could enter the conversation if he is able to replicate the form that he showed towards the end of last year.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Yeah. Avoid a Rodgers jersey at all costs or he will be jinxed.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:13 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

haha Im not sure about Rodgers being jinxed. It was originally going to be whoever was our first round pick this year but I shouldve known with a pick that low TT was gonna trade to stockpile picks. Im most likely going towards Jennings.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:56 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

im going to buy a brohm jersey
Old 04-30-2008, 08:15 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

Buy Hawk, or Bigby!
Guys that will hopefully last and stay healthy for a long time........

I bought a Sterling Sharpe jersey in 1994, then he hurt his neck.
Robert Brooks..... knee.
Terrance Murphy.... neck.
Javon Walker..... knee.... then his ego.

Avoid WRs jerseys...

PS, I keep getting Cowgirl and Viqueen fans banging my rep !!!!!!!!
Those guys are girls.
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariBigby View Post
Buy Hawk, or Bigby!
Guys that will hopefully last and stay healthy for a long time........

I bought a Sterling Sharpe jersey in 1994, then he hurt his neck.
Robert Brooks..... knee.
Terrance Murphy.... neck.
Javon Walker..... knee.... then his ego.

Avoid WRs jerseys...

PS, I keep getting Cowgirl and Viqueen fans banging my rep !!!!!!!!
Those guys are girls.
what makes you think Bigby going to stay with the Packers? I would get a young talent that is signed for now and will be in the future, aka Greg Jennings.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:05 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forgive my ignorance, but what are the extra zzzzz's always added to jordy's name?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:03 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but what are the extra zzzzz's always added to jordy's name?
Just added to show his amazingness. Its just sarcasm really because of the hype some people were giving him, especially some posters on this board.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 05-01-2008, 05:50 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atari its not because they are girls, its because u act like a 2nd grader...

btw has Matt Flynn any chance of making the team?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:57 AM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

Will if not for the supersticous thing with injuries, I'd say Jennings, Jones, Nelson, and Grant are the guys to get. But don't forget about AJ Hawk and now Atari Bigby.

Why not get one of the rookies? I think Jeremy Thompson is going to become a good player. Hopefully Patrick Lee as well. Brian Brohm is good, but I believe in Arod.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:25 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
btw has Matt Flynn any chance of making the team?
He should make it as the 3rd QB.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 05-01-2008, 08:12 AM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post
He should make it as the 3rd QB.
Nah, he'll be on our practice squad though, as the team will surely sign a backup with some experience. You don't want to lose the season if Rodgers goes down by putting in a totally inexperienced rookie.

Our team is pretty good and we'd just need a veteran to manage the game until Arod gets back.

Rookies often lose ballgames in the NFL at QB....... although Ben Roethlisbacondoublecheeseburger did okay as a rookie with the talented Steelers team.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:27 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If our 1st round pick and 2nd round pick quarterbacks can't get it done, do you really think we're gonna still be trying to salvage the season?

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 05-01-2008, 10:54 AM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
If our 1st round pick and 2nd round pick quarterbacks can't get it done, do you really think we're gonna still be trying to salvage the season?
I have no doubts about Aaron Rodgers ABILITY.
I do have doubts about him staying healthy for 16 games.
If he gets KO'd in a game or two.... do you want a rookie going in there in a close game, when the defense will stack the line of scrimmage with 9 guys forcing that rookie to beat them?
Or would you prefer a veteran like a Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson type to manage the game?

I've seen some atrocious rookie mistakes from QBs in my time...(yes I know Favre made them right til the end), so I'd personally prefer a seasoned vet to be our backup QB with Brohm #3 this season. I think THIS season, we are contenders.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:19 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

Brohm will be able to handle the play book, i have no doubt about that. but i do not think this is his time to shine, i think next the 2009 season will be his. We need to sign a vetern QB. Flynn will be going to the practice squad.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:30 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if Rodgers struggles (which i don't think he will) I don't believe that MM would put Brohm out there this season and i think he would then compete for the starting job for the 09 season.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:36 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

I think the only way brohm gets put in as a rookie is if Rodgers gets hurt, and with his track record of getting hurt, it might happen.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Well yeah I agree, Rodgers will get an entire year before we pull him due to performance. I don't think this will be a debate during the season though, I think he will impress.

Brohm was a 2nd round pick and he was supposed to be one of the most NFL ready QBs in the draft. I think he is a guarantee as our #2.

At 3, I still really don't see a scenario where we go through Rodgers and Brohm and we are still trying to get to the superbowl.

Thanks to BK for the sig