Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-03-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 3 players discussion

This is in the NFC East discussion, but I wanted to see what other people thought. Assuming it's any 3 players at any positions from any teams, what 3 players would you want?

Right now I'd probably go with Merriman, Richard Seymour, Urlacher.

A case could easily be made for other players, but I favor Defense anyway. Could you just imagine how sick the defense would be with Ware AND Merriman rushing with Seymour and Urlacher Crushing the run?

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:59 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id say Ed Reed, Jamal Williams, Richard Seymour

Ed back their floating playing centerfield in our defense along side Roy, Jamal would let our LB core be freed up and all the attention would be to williams and seymour...it would let our lb and dbs to play at an even higher level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:55 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Champ Bailey
Kevin Williams
Shawn Merriman

Bailey and Newman...owch
Kevin Williams suring up our middle...not to mention great passrusher
Merriman and Ware...scary

Close Calls
Steve Smith...dynamic WR
Walter Jones....top LT
Steve Hutchinson...bye Koiser
Adrian Peterson...best runner after contact in nfl

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:32 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Id say Ed Reed, Jamal Williams, Richard Seymour
A winner is you.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:16 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ed Reed (FS)
LT (RB)
Kevin Williams (NT)
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:43 AM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamal Williams,Champ Bailey, and Urlacher.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Adalius Thomas
Laron Landry
Champ Bailey.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vince Wilfork
Shawn Merriman
Champ Baily
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmmmm, kinda random, no?

For me, I would probably say Jamal Williams, LT, and Antonio Gates. Imagine a two-headed TE monster with Gates and Witten, either one of which can be split out wide as a WR, used as blockers, basically anything you can conjure in your head. Witten has become a dominant blocker as well. You could play a two-tight end, two-back, one WR formation with Gates, Witten, TO, Barber and Anderson/Hoytes that would be both a dominating run formation and a dominating pass formation. That could be a game-changing package, there. It would be unstoppable no matter the personnel on the other side. Wow.

.....I just realized that I picked all Chargers. Oops.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Champ Bailey, Ed Reed, LT.
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Depending on how long Wade stays, and how long Norval keeps his job, we might see some disgruntled Chargers head our way via FA or trade.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
But pocketaces doesn't think AJ Smith is the best GM in the NFL?

Take that back preachaah!
Old 10-04-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

I would take:

1. Champ Bailey
2. Joe Thomas
3. Ladanian Tomlinson
Old 10-04-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cullen Jenkins

haha haha haha jk...

um...

Vince Wilfork - Prefer him over others because of his youthful prime.
Brian Urlacher - Everything you want in an ILB.
Ty Warren - Run stuffing beast that also excels in getting sacks. Also in his prime.

I wanted to say replace Roy with Adrian Wilson, but our safety play hasn't been bad with the addition of Hamlin.

I would've mentioned a corner, but Henry is arguably playing better than any CB in the league right now and Newman will be back.

Offensively, I see nothing holding us back from winning right now.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamal Williams
Champ Bailey
Walter Jones

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Cullen Jenkins

haha haha haha jk...

um...

Vince Wilfork - Prefer him over others because of his youthful prime.
Brian Urlacher - Everything you want in an ILB.
Ty Warren - Run stuffing beast that also excels in getting sacks. Also in his prime.

I wanted to say replace Roy with Adrian Wilson, but our safety play hasn't been bad with the addition of Hamlin.

I would've mentioned a corner, but Henry is arguably playing better than any CB in the league right now and Newman will be back.

Offensively, I see nothing holding us back from winning right now.
Adrian Wilson and Ed Reed with Kevin Williams at NT.

Now that is nice.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Vince Wilfork
Shawn Merriman
Champ Baily
DING DING DING! Tell him what he's won, Bob!!

(By the way, post #4,000)

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
D-Fence

It's gotta be Richard Seymour, Jamaal Williams and Ed Reed for me...
Old 10-04-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
But pocketaces doesn't think AJ Smith is the best GM in the NFL?

Take that back preachaah!

Ummmm show me one place where I said anything about A.J. smith. Our disscussion was about the Eagles which last time I checked was in the sellar. Once again you look like an Idiot.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Vince Wilfork
Champ Bailey
Devin Hester
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After the draft, I would have to say..

Ed Reed
Richard Seymour
Braylon Edwards

Richard Seymour could stuff the run like no other and rush the passer as well. Great combination from a 3-4 DE

Ed Reed could be back there picking off all the forced throws from our ridiculous frontline pressure and sick CB's.

And Braylon Edwards would give us the youth and explosiveness we need at WR.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Vince Wilfork
Ed Reed
Larry Fitzgerald
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

bobindallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Tom Brady
Braylon Edwards
Kevin Williams
bobindallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:52 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ed Reed
Casey Hampton
Larry Fitzgerald

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
NJ_J_Witt_fan

Patrick Willis
Casey Hampton
Bob Sanders