Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Old 04-28-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.
Default 2008 NFC East Offseason Thread

Now that the meat of the offseason is over...

The notion that the NFC East is the strongest division in football has only escalated. This conference is crazy good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every team really improved themselves. The Giants obviously need to be mentioned first and they had a really good draft. Phillips was a pretty good pick although could struggle his first year. Manningham should get a real shot at playing time this season and Woodson could develop into a top tier backup and potentially a piece to move for a mid round or higher pick in the future ala Matt Schaub. Cowboys secondary gets much needed depth with Mike Jenkins and Pacman. Felix will be scary as their change of pace back considering how it is fast backs who burn the Skins, as physical backs aren't very effective against us. Also Choice was an underrated pick as he provides insurance should Barber get hurt which is very possible the way he runs. The Eagles I just think had a solid draft top to bottom. They have probably around 7-8 guys they drafted who can make the roster. As for the Skins they will most likely be chosen like last year to finish last in the division again, but I think they could make some noise. They had a top defense last year and return everyone. The O-line when healthy is top 10, and you can argue the Skins have the best Skilled position guys in the division. All is dependent on Jason Campbell but we all know that Todd Collins is a very capable backup while Colt will be an interesting developmental guy in our system. RB we have a pro bowl back in Clinton Portis and an above average backup in Ladell Betts. Rock Cartwright is a solid 3, and one of the best kick returners in the NFL. Eric Shelton could also make the roster. At FB Mike Sellers is the best FB in the division and top 5 in the league. At TE we now have a two headed monster in Cooley and Fred Davis. Cooley already gave teams fits alone but now with Fred Davis it will be even more troublesome for teams to cover us. Todd Yoder and Kyle Ecker just didn't cut it, and in Zorn's system you need multiple tight ends making the Davis pick make even more sense. Obviously the biggest bolster came to our WR corps. We were thin and short, but now we have a great mix of guys and there will be some great fights for roster spots. The Small speedsters Randle El and Moss, as well as the new big guys Devin Thomas and Kelly are sure to make the roster. Thrash probably will because what he brings to special teams as well as being a team leader. That makes 5 guys with probably only one more available spot. Billy McMullen, Anthony Mix, and Jerome Mathis will all be fighting for that spot. An argument can be made for any of the 3 to make the roster. Mcmullen will probably be the odd man out despite having the size at 6-4" and bringing the most production. Size isn't as desperate of a need any more so he could be cut. Mix hasn't produced much but is 6-5" and a college teammate of Jason Campbell. Mathis could struggle making the squad being another small guy, but he is a speedster who can be a Devin Hester type difference maker. He is a pro bowl returner. Problem is Rock Cartwright, Ladell Betts, and Devin Thomas can also return kicks. He would really improve his chances to make the squad if he could become a punt returner because Randle El is average at best. Having Mathis and Carwright would be a lethal kick return tandem, and field position is oh so important.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is how I see the NFC East shaing up next year:

1. Giants
2. Cowboys
3. Eagles
4. Redskins

Sorry Redskins, but I just don't have much faith in Zorn. =(

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
This is how I see the NFC East shaing up next year:

1. Giants
2. Cowboys
3. Eagles
4. Redskins

Sorry Redskins, but I just don't have much faith in Zorn. =(
Ok by me, I don't really have faith in him either.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's how I see it:

1. Dallas
2. New York
3. Washington
4. Philadelphia

Come playoffs, who knows... but for the regular season, I like this order. Dallas did win 2/2 against NY during the regular season. At worst, I see a split. At best, I could see us winning both match ups again. Philly didn't do anything that I think improves them significantly.

Just think Dallas went from:
Jacque Reeves, Nate Jones, Akin Ayodele, Anthony Fasano, Julius Jones, Tyson Thompson
to
Pacman Jones, Mike Jenkins, Zach Thomas, Martellus Bennett, Felix Jones, Tashard Choice
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

I think that the division has 3 potential winners in the Cowboys, Eagles and Giants and it is a really tough call to try and guess who wins it because all three could very easily capture the title and even make a run for the superbowl.

The Redskins are good but I think they will struggle this season under their new coach. I would give the Redskins about 2 seasons before they are back in the race. They are very good and they are still young. In a couple of years Campell will be throwing to good recievers in Thomas and Kelly. Their defense is also going to be good with Landry being the leader. Carlos Rogers and Rocky McIntosh will also be very good. They are going to great in a couple of seasons.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Come playoffs, who knows... but for the regular season, I like this order. Dallas did win 2/2 against NY during the regular season. At worst, I see a split. At best, I could see us winning both match ups again. Philly didn't do anything that I think improves them significantly.
  • Eagles got Samuel who now gives us the Top CB crew in the league
  • Eagles got Chris Clemons who is a good pass rusher.
  • Eagles got DeSean Jackson who is going to greatly improve our return game.

Also you are forgetting that the Eagles are really young at D-Line and LB and the guys are mostly coming off their first year with alot of experience.
Gaither is going to be good. He is coming off his first year starting.
  • Bradley has serious potential. He got alot of playing time in those last couple weeks.
  • Gocong is also coming off his first year of starting experience and he is looking to improve as well.
  • Cole is becoming a force on the line and is fast becoming one of the best.
  • Patterson is a beast and so is Bunkley and adding in Laws only makes the interior of the line better.
  • Abiamiri (sp?) is a young guy with alot of potential and alot of guys compare him to Strahan and if he plays well, then we have a monster Defensive line.

Our offense is improving.
  • we brought in Jackson to be the slot reciever and playmaker
  • Westbrook is going to be his normal self
  • McNabb showed that he is recovered and is ready to go in those last few weeks
  • Andrews is becoming one of the best offensive lineman in the league.
  • Kris Wilson was brought in and I really like that aquisition, he can play FB and TE and he gives us a recieving threat

I'm not saying we're going to flat out dominate but you guys are under estimating what the Eagles already had. We didn't need to bring in a ton of top guys. We are building a great defense. The Eagles may not be the team that they were once but they are moving up and pose more of a threat than you think.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:46 AM    (permalink
amerker
Rookie

amerker hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

All i could notice during the draft is how the cowboys are stocking up corners(jenkins, pacman, scandick)and the redskins, giants, and eagles all drafted 3/4 top recievers this is goin to make for an awesome matchup in the next couple of years
amerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:54 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love this division and the draft made it that much more competitive

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote