Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

View Poll Results: ?
Bears 21 46.67%
Lions 2 4.44%
Packers 11 24.44%
Vikings 11 24.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2008, 10:37 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Wow, for real? What makes you think that?
I just don't think he's that special of a player. He's benefitted from Favre, they've never asked him to be "the guy", and while he's a solid player with great production, I don't see that translating elsewhere.

Like I said earlier, name me one Packers receiver that did that well without Favre. I think that's the main reason Thompson drafted Nelson, he's clearly not content with the receiver position.

That or he's ******* nuts.

I also think touchdown receptions are a very overrated stat. I am really impressed with his high YPC though. I'm not sure he could maintain that without Favre though.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I just don't think he's that special of a player. He's benefitted from Favre, they've never asked him to be "the guy", and while he's a solid player with great production, I don't see that translating elsewhere.

Like I said earlier, name me one Packers receiver that did elsewhere without Favre. I think that's the main reason Thompson drafted Nelson, he's clearly not content with the receiver position.

That or he's ******* nuts.

I also think touchdown receptions are a very overrated stat. I am really impressed with his high YPC though. I'm not sure he could maintain that without Favre though.
Well sure he's benefitted from having Favre. Favre has made a lot of WRs better than they are so I can see where you're coming from. I mean he made Bill Schroeder into a 1000 yard receiver a couple times. However I don't see Jennings as one of those. I'm not going to waste my time going any farther because I know you hold a strong opinion against it. Jennings is at least on the level of Berrian though. I just don't see any argument against that other than Jennings played with Favre.

As for the WRs doing something elsewhere, that's mighty hard to do if you've never been anywhere else. Driver was drafted by the Packers, Jennings and Jones too. We weren't Ruvell Martin's first team, but we were the first that he made the roster of which in this case is pretty much the same thing. The only one on our team that had been elsewhere is Koren Robinson. And Robinson had more success in Seattle than in Green Bay. I don't see your point in bringing that up.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:58 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm talking about other receivers, not just guys on this current team.

Schroeder would be a good example, although I was thinking of Antonio Freeman. All-world with the Packers, all-crap everywhere else. There are others as well. Javon Walker is about the only one I can think of, and that was just one good year with the Broncos.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm talking about other receivers, not just guys on this current team.

Schroeder would be a good example, although I was thinking of Antonio Freeman. All-world with the Packers, all-crap everywhere else. There are others as well. Javon Walker is about the only one I can think of, and that was just one good year with the Broncos.
Freeman only played one year outside of Green Bay. We let him go when he had lost it and at the end of his career. If I remember right I think he had an ok year in Philly too. I think he's someone that greatly benifitted from Favre, but he's not a great example for what you're looking for. What does he have to do with Jennings anyway?
Old 05-02-2008, 02:08 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure how many GB games you watch, but Brett to Jennings often was not a great pass on Brett's part. When Jennings torched Champ Bailey, that ball was underthrown and Jennings picked it away from Bailey, causing Champ to fall on his face. He also took a lot of Favre passes and gained major YAC. When you gain YAC, it is often not the QB that is making the play, it's the receiver making the play.

As far as the NFC North draft. If you drafted more than 7 players, you got a higher grade. That's because 50%+ or so of players don't make it in the NFL. When you draft 4 guys and get one guy who provides depth but probably won't be starting, how is that even an average draft? Maybe when you expectations are low that's an above average draft. I'll have Mike Sherman become your GM and you'll get years of getting one player per draft.
When you draft 9+ guys and half of them could contend for time, or are going to be serious contributors on Special Teams, that's a pretty good day. As far as the two QBs GB drafted, they had ONE QB on the roster. That leaves two back-up spots. They haven't signed a free agent. The math seems pretty easy to follow. Also the value of the pick. 7th round you get the national championship game MVP and a guy who wasn't starting solely because he had last year's #1 overall pick in front of him, a guy who could not win the championship game, btw.