Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 05-01-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

bobindallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Well in your eyes, what would constitute a "star player"?? Please, define that first, and then we can go on to the arguments on who had "star" players when they won championships.

So tell me, if you think we can bring in Johnson and keep T.O, how are we gonna do that? How are you gonna have two players with ridiculous contract requirements under the salary cap? We're gonna break the bank for DeMarcus Ware pretty soon, we NEED to pay Ken Hamlin, and still have money to wiggle around. So how do you suggest we'll have two WR's making 6, 7 million dollars each?

As to Jerry collecting over-the-hill veterans, how many times in the past, say, 5 years, has he over-paid for veterans to come in and start for him?

Everyone was yelling for Jerry Porter to come here, did he do that? No.

Half the Cowboys' community was mad when they didn't wanna pay Dexter Coakley and LaRoi Glover, or did you forget those Pro-Bowlers?

Before the Henry/Ferguson/Rivera off-season, a lot of people were upset at the fact that the Cowboys refused to spend money in the offseason, so i don't know where you're getting this non-sense.

I would have had a fit if i was forced to make a decision on one of the greatest running-backs of all time insisting that he still could play, and you saying he couldn't. Frankly, i wouldn't have wanted him to leave either. Why would you want one of the greatest players in the storied franchise that is the Cowboys, go and wear another teams uniform and sully his legacy?
Well, Bill Parcells did the Coakley, Larry Allen, Emmitt Smith and LaRoi GLover dirty work. Send him a thank you card in Miami.

With respect to over-paying -- not saying that -- saying he like high profile Vets.

With respect to the other stuff it is too much to comment on. I am tired. We can do this tomorrow.
bobindallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobindallas View Post
Well, Bill Parcells did the Coakley, Larry Allen, Emmitt Smith and LaRoi GLover dirty work. Send him a thank you card in Miami.

With respect to over-paying -- not saying that -- saying he like high profile Vets.

With respect to the other stuff it is too much to comment on. I am tired. We can do this tomorrow.
Scamper away lad. Scamper away
Old 05-01-2008, 09:09 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MetSox you have to understand, these same arguments have been going on for almost three years with Boob, alot of them from me. In his mind if we ever did anything right it was because of a coach (Johnson/Parcells) if we did anything wrong ( in his eyes) its because of Jones. Its never ending. Roy sucks and Jerry cant build a team. Hes happier when were losing than winning so he can tell everybody "I told you so". You can keep arguing with him but his reasoning gets more and more ridiculous until like everybody else you just say its not worth it and mute him from all posts.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:05 AM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
MetSox you have to understand, these same arguments have been going on for almost three years with Boob, alot of them from me. In his mind if we ever did anything right it was because of a coach (Johnson/Parcells) if we did anything wrong ( in his eyes) its because of Jones. Its never ending. Roy sucks and Jerry cant build a team. Hes happier when were losing than winning so he can tell everybody "I told you so". You can keep arguing with him but his reasoning gets more and more ridiculous until like everybody else you just say its not worth it and mute him from all posts.
Mute my posts? LOL. Last year at this time everyone told me Roy Williams was going to ..... now just the oppositte so mute what?

Aside from boy Roy, I called last year's draft a waste on the top end b/c we got nothing of immediate value to help in 2008, I talked about Romo's development issues in the pocket and in bad weather, I talked about old WR, No young NT ..... and surprise surprise are now mumbling much the same stuff.

This site is a personal echo chamber that repeats what I say with a 12 month delay. **in all fairness there are other who make great points -- much better than mine -- and do actually listen.

But you, Metsox and whatever other alias ... Best description is frequently wrong but never in doubt.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mute my posts? LOL. Last year at this time everyone told me Roy Williams was going to ..... now just the oppositte so mute what?

Aside from boy Roy, I called last year's draft a waste on the top end b/c we got nothing of immediate value to help in 2008, I talked about Romo's development issues in the pocket and in bad weather, I talked about old WR, No young NT ..... and surprise surprise are now mumbling much the same stuff.

This site is a personal echo chamber that repeats what I say with a 12 month delay. **in all fairness there are other who make great points -- much better than mine -- and do actually listen.

But you, Metsox and whatever other alias ... Best description is frequently wrong but never in doubt.
How is picking up an extra first round pick and still picking in the first round a waste at the top? Anthony Spencer was brought in to help immediately if Greg Ellis were not able to play, so i'd say that was pretty good.

Funny that you don't have many arguments to make about the WR position. I'd like to hear them if you do. So if this site is a personal echo chamber for you, while you're still allowed to be involved in the site, what are some of the things you'd like to echo for us for the next year? Please, go ahead so i can remember them.

And it isn't that difficult to find your arguments silly, which is why most people don't respond to your posts. I'm fairly new around here, so i guess i've learned a little lesson that others already have.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How is picking up an extra first round pick and still picking in the first round a waste at the top? Anthony Spencer was brought in to help immediately if Greg Ellis were not able to play, so i'd say that was pretty good.

Funny that you don't have many arguments to make about the WR position. I'd like to hear them if you do. So if this site is a personal echo chamber for you, while you're still allowed to be involved in the site, what are some of the things you'd like to echo for us for the next year? Please, go ahead so i can remember them.

And it isn't that difficult to find your arguments silly, which is why most people don't respond to your posts. I'm fairly new around here, so i guess i've learned a little lesson that others already have.

Like last year Im sure he'll pick us to go 9-7 and then in another post 10-6 and somewhere else 11-5. Which ever one works best for him will be the one he goes with. I'm still amazed we went 13-3 with a G.M. that has no clue on how to build a team.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 05-02-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob, do you get that we all from the start had high expectations of Roy?

Are you under the impression that you've been the only one here that thinks he needs to go?

We've all felt that he needed to go! The only difference is that you don't understand the cap affect and we do.

Apparently you think, it's as easy as cutting him and everything's ok. Wake up buddy, it's not that easy when you make as much money as he does.

Most of us understand that.

Apparently, you do not.

So since we understand that it's too much of a penalty to cut him, what we're hoping for as fans of the team, is for him to improve or take a pay cut.

Unfortunately, he's done neither. Nobody is happy about it.

We've all agreed that Roy's game is on the decline, but there's nothing we can do.

Unless you have a logical solution to the problem, GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Rob, do you get that we all from the start had high expectations of Roy?
Yes. But that is not the issue. The issue is when did those disappear. Mine disappeared after 2005 when we went 3-4.

Quote:
Are you under the impression that you've been the only one here that thinks he needs to go?
That explains the RW thread where eveyone, except BBD and Burns, chatted up Roy saying bad Parcells this and bad Zimmer that. Roy need to be near the LOS. It was all a failure for an alleged Pro Bowler.

Quote:
We've all felt that he needed to go!
Now, this offseason, is when folks are talking it and asking about cap hits etc ..... but as of last year I still remember a certain someone who said Roy was #1 Safety.

Quote:
The only difference is that you don't understand the cap affect and we do.
That is just a bunch of bull. I understand cap, I also understand we should have taken the hit last year before all the young guys needed to be resigned. Fact is you take the hit of the unamortized signing bonus all at once and we had the chance last year but refused...... because many people believed "if only Roy this" and "if onyl Roy that" and WP systems is the sinecure. All big fat whatever like RW.

Quote:
Apparently you think, it's as easy as cutting him and everything's ok. Wake up buddy, it's not that easy when you make as much money as he does. Most of us understand that. Apparently, you do not.
It was when we had space. Just would have forced us to spend some cap on his accelarated bonus amortization. But I am stupid.

Quote:
So since we understand that it's too much of a penalty to cut him, what we're hoping for as fans of the team, is for him to improve or take a pay cut. Unfortunately, he's done neither. Nobody is happy about it. We've all agreed that Roy's game is on the decline, but there's nothing we can do. Unless you have a logical solution to the problem, GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE.
Well, short of cutting him I said bench him. Salary Cap does not care whether he rides the pines or not. Even as late as this year, people where saying how he wasn't getting burned ...... in spite of the fact he was being benched and played at LB. Talk about missing the forest from the trees. IT LIKE SAYING DWare DID NOT GET BURNED FOR TD THIS YEAR! Wow, let us celebrate medicority!!!!!!!! Roy not burned b/c he is playing Rover as opposed to Safety is a Pro Bowl Safety making 10 million per?????

But last year we had space, use it or lose it. Jerry opted to use it for Romo and I think Bigg. You cut Roy and delay signing Romo. Done. (** You do know how the cap works right and how owners try to do extension to take advantage of unused space etc??? Cuz you say I don't understand)

But I love the revisionist history on this site. I was killed and mocked and insulted for saying what I did so forgive while I bask in my glory for awhile as individuals continue to say things like I don't make sense all the while ECHOing what I said as far back as 2 years ago on the previous site.

I have no qualms critiquing Jones. He is a big boy. He can take it and at the end of the day he has to live with the results as an Owner.

0 Playoff Wins in ......... but he is rich. What I don't get is why fans go nuts defending him.

Last edited by bobindallas : 05-02-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

Originally Posted by bobindallas

Quote:
Scamper away lad. Scamper away
Yes, you own me with the retort. I have been served. I cower in your stunning intellect.

So disappointing to try and speak with folks who refuse to accept a point that is reasonable.

Again, when has JJ cut a Vet to make room for younger and cheaper talent?

Or go out and sign a small name instead of a big name for the same position on the team??
Old 05-02-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobindallas

Yes, you own me with the retort. I have been served. I cower in your stunning intellect.

So disappointing to try and speak with folks who refuse to accept a point that is reasonable.

Again, when has JJ cut a Vet to make room for younger and cheaper talent?

Or go out and sign a small name instead of a big name for the same position on the team??
Romo comes to mind.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Romo comes to mind.
Are we talking the same Romo that JJ said on national TV he was not sure about replacing Bledsoe?

RU Kidding me? Jerry Jones never wanted to bench Bledsoe. Never wanted to switch QBs. It was 100% Parcells.

Once the switch was done -- and it worked out -- Jones was giddy like a school girl on Prom Night. Bledsoe quit.

Jerry has not an ounce of courage to make tough personnel decision when it involves players with big names.

Which is why TO will never be cut and will be resigned. Why Flo was resigned. Why Zach as signed. Why Brad Noodle Arm was kept over Matt Moore. Why Gurdoe was resigned. Why Hamlin was signed. Why Galloway was taken. Why Ellis was resigned. Why ROy was given a monster contract. Why ..... this list in endless.

Oh we let go Fasano, Pettiti, Rivera, Akin, Reeves and Julius. That was so ballzy!!!!!!!!!!!! Who was that white WR who went to Arizona? Him too.

Jerry is a profile in GM Courage. Real risk taker. He really trust his scouting and player development folks. It explains Tank, Pacman, Bigg, ............. (some moves I agree with but still not the point. point is he has no faith in his "Farm System.")

He is the Bill Polian of the NFC letting go older "medicore" Vets and replacing them with younger guys just as good.

Last edited by bobindallas : 05-02-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes. But that is not the issue. The issue is when did those disappear. Mine disappeared after 2005 when we went 3-4.

That explains the RW thread where eveyone, except BBD and Burns, chatted up Roy saying bad Parcells this and bad Zimmer that. Roy need to be near the LOS. It was all a failure for an alleged Pro Bowler.

Now, this offseason, is when folks are talking it and asking about cap hits etc ..... but as of last year I still remember a certain someone who said Roy was #1 Safety.

That is just a bunch of bull. I understand cap, I also understand we should have taken the hit last year before all the young guys needed to be resigned. Fact is you take the hit of the unamortized signing bonus all at once and we had the chance last year but refused...... because many people believed "if only Roy this" and "if onyl Roy that" and WP systems is the sinecure. All big fat whatever like RW.

It was when we had space. Just would have forced us to spend some cap on his accelarated bonus amortization. But I am stupid.

Well, short of cutting him I said bench him. Salary Cap does not care whether he rides the pines or not. Even as late as this year, people where saying how he wasn't getting burned ...... in spite of the fact he was being benched and played at LB. Talk about missing the forest from the trees. IT LIKE SAYING DWare DID NOT GET BURNED FOR TD THIS YEAR! Wow, let us celebrate medicority!!!!!!!! Roy not burned b/c he is playing Rover as opposed to Safety is a Pro Bowl Safety making 10 million per?????

But last year we had space, use it or lose it. Jerry opted to use it for Romo and I think Bigg. You cut Roy and delay signing Romo. Done. (** You do know how the cap works right and how owners try to do extension to take advantage of unused space etc??? Cuz you say I don't understand)

But I love the revisionist history on this site. I was killed and mocked and insulted for saying what I did so forgive while I bask in my glory for awhile as individuals continue to say things like I don't make sense all the while ECHOing what I said as far back as 2 years ago on the previous site.

I have no qualms critiquing Jones. He is a big boy. He can take it and at the end of the day he has to live with the results as an Owner.

0 Playoff Wins in ......... but he is rich. What I don't get is why fans go nuts defending him.
I still have high hopes for Roy.

He does need to be near the LOS. That hasn't changed.

Roy as the #1 S.... man... of all people, I'd expect you to understand sarcasm when it is said.

I've been saying how much his cap hit would be detrimental to the team from the start. ..and how difficult and unrealistic it would be to let him go. Is there any other option? No, benching him completely is not an option for a guy you're paying that much for. In case you didn't watch any games, Roy was taken out of games and benched by Phillips.

As long as you think our best solution for Roy is to sit him down on every down, then yes, I will continue to mock you.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Which is why TO will never be cut and will be resigned. Why Flo was resigned. Why Zach as signed. Why Brad Noodle Arm was kept over Matt Moore. Why Gurdoe was resigned. Why Hamlin was signed. Why Galloway was taken. Why Ellis was resigned. Why ROy was given a monster contract. Why ..... this list in endless.

Oh we let go Fasano, Pettiti, Rivera, Akin, Reeves and Julius. That was so ballzy!!!!!!!!!!!! Who was that white WR who went to Arizona? Him too.

Jerry is a profile in GM Courage. Real risk taker. He really trust his scouting and player development folks. It explains Tank, Pacman, Bigg, ............. (some moves I agree with but still not the point. point is he has no faith in his "Farm System.")

He is the Bill Polian of the NFC letting go older "medicore" Vets and replacing them with younger guys just as good.
Wow, seriously Bob, your ridiculous theories never cease to amaze me.

Terrell Owens will not get cut, you know why? Because he's playing like a Pro-Bowler game in and game out. He won't get cut because the offense was stagnant when it didn't have him in there. He's a playmaker in every sense of the word, and that's why he's not gonna get cut and he'll get resigned. Not because Jerry is scared of young guys.

Zach was signed because obviously the coaching staff felt Kevin Burnett wasn't ready to be in there full-time yet. He was signed to essentially a one million dollar deal, so that's chump change.

Brad Johnson was kept over Moore because of his experience. Why in the hell would you want your backup to be a kid that's never seen an NFL field before? If Romo were to go down, at least Brad Johnson could keep the offense moving a bit, and not have some rook come in and throw 3 interceptions a game. Are you serious? You wanted Matt Moore over Brad Johnson???

Andre Gurode and Ken Hamlin were/are resigned because they played at All-Pro level. Would you rather let them go and have a young guy come in? Would ya Bob? Cause from what i've learned, is when you have great players on your team, you KEEP them.

Are you seriously complaining on Ellis being resigned? Everyone here knew how key he was to the defense, so coming in and getting 12 sacks wasn't enough for you?

Roy was given a monster contract because until then he was playing like a pro bowler. It's not rocket science to understand why guys get paid.

Seriously, i have no doubt you're a senile old man that has nothing better to do than nit pick at things he knows nothing about.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:22 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Are we talking the same Romo that JJ said on national TV he was not sure about replacing Bledsoe?

RU Kidding me? Jerry Jones never wanted to bench Bledsoe. Never wanted to switch QBs. It was 100% Parcells.

Once the switch was done -- and it worked out -- Jones was giddy like a school girl on Prom Night. Bledsoe quit.

Jerry has not an ounce of courage to make tough personnel decision when it involves players with big names.

If i'm not mistaken Jerry is the GM and Owner of the team. EVERY move goes through him. Was he nervous about making a switch? Sure he was. So what? The move was made and it worked out. Make no mistake, Bledsoe was brought here because of his Parcell ties also. Going down your list.... TO whos better? Flo, who would have been better? Zack, he was a upgrade if healthy. Guerode made the pro bowl as did Ellis. Matt Moore has talent but do you really want a rookie backing up your 1st year QB when you have Super Bowl hopes? I dont think so. Tank Pacman and Bigg? All upgrades or contributors to a playoff team. Looks to me like Jerry is building a real team