Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Peyton Manning (all pro)
2. Joe Thomas (pro bowl)
3. Adrian Peterson(pro bowl)
4. Kellen Winslow(starter)
5. Marques Colston(starter)

Obviously have to build the defense, but we have the corner stone to be competitive on offense, and Manning has no problem outscoring teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:12 AM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
All-Pro: Tom Brady
Pro Bowl: DeMarcus Ware
Pro Bowl: Patrick Willis
Starter: Mario Williams
Starter: Vince Wilfork
That would be amazing front seven.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:18 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All Pro Tom Brady
Pro Bowler Adrian Peterson
Pro Bowler DeMarcus Ware
Nmandi Asomugha
Thomas Howard

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:02 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Walter Jones (All Pro)
Peyton Manning (Pro Bowl)
Adrian Peterson (Pro Bowl)
Mario Williams (Starter)
Nmandi Asomugha (Starter)
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With an eye on youth and value, I'd go with something like this-

QB Carson Palmer (PB)

LT Jake Long (RS)

DE Mario Williams (RS)

NT Albert Haynesworth (AP)

UT Tommie Harris (PB)

I almost went with Ngata as my NT so that I could have Joe Thomas at LT, but I decided I just couldn't pass up on Haynesworth teaming with Harris in the middle. Can you imagine the kind of pressure those two would bring from the inside? The other thought was to insert Dorsey as my UT so I could have Thomas, but meh. I just love Tommie Harris. Ask me the same question in 5 minutes, and I'll have switched it up a bit. I'd have to hold tryouts before I could really decide. Tough to pass on Aso, but I think it'll be much easier to build that position through the draft than it would be to get guys like these 5. Osi was another guy that was real tough to pass on.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take:

Mario Williams, DE, Texans--Pass rush is always paramount. It can mask a lot of weaknesses. Williams is also pretty stout against the run for a rush DE.

Joe Thomas, LT, Browns--Franchise level talent. Bookend quality.

Karlos Dansby, LB, Cardinals--Playmaker and leader of the defense.

Adrian Peterson, RB, Vikings--Pretty much a no-brainer

Big Ben, QB, Steelers--Not the best in every single category, but he's an amazing leader, he wins, and he's okay sharing the spotlight with Peterson.

I think this meets the parameters.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB Tom Brady
RB Michael Turner
OT Walter Jones
DT Tommie Harris
LB Michael Boley

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have decided to change mine to:

Matt Ryan
Sam Baker
Roddy White
Jamaal Anderson
Michael Boley

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Walter Jones
Steve Hutchinson
Peyton Manning
Mario Williams
Nmandi Asomugha

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shaun Andrews
Nhamdi Asomugha
Carson Palmer
Mario Williams
Clinton Portis

Last edited by Vikes99ej : 05-02-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
BTRams66

All-Pro: DT Kevin Williams
Pro Bowl: RB Steven Jackson
Pro Bowl: DT Tommie Harris
OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
DE Mario Williams

Well I want to build my team around my D-Line and I am taking a different guy for my All Pro in Kevin Williams. Harris and Williams form the core of my d-line. With Mario on the outside and any other decent DE this line is a beast. Then Offensively I take a power runner in Jackson who is very good in the passing game and a young OT in Ferguson.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starter: Jay Cutler
Pro Bowl: Steve Smith
Pro Bowl: Julius Peppers
Starter: John Beason
Pro Bowl: Joe Thomas

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All pro- Tomlinson
Pro Bowl- Logan Mankins
Pro Bowl- Joe Thomas
Starter- Mario Williams
Starter- Nnamdi Asomugha (These regular starters are definitely cheating)
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:09 PM    (permalink
icantackleclaret
Rookie

icantackleclaret hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Pro Bowl- Joe Thomas- LT - He's a Brown, he is young and can man up on any DE.

Pro Bowl- Tom Brady- QB - One of the best QB's ever. I didn't take a great receiver so I pick the quarterback that has proven he can win without one.

Regular- Mario Williams- DE - He is a pro bowl caliber DE and I still get another pro bowler.

Regular- Reggie Bush- RB - I'm not a big Reggie fan but he provides versatility to the offense. Can split him out at WR and give him the ball 10-15 times a game.

Regular- Darrell Revis- CB - I think with the pass rush that Mario will provide he will be a shut down corner.

Thanks to Bosanac01 for the sig.
icantackleclaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
With an eye on youth and value, I'd go with something like this-

QB Carson Palmer (PB)

LT Jake Long (RS)

DE Mario Williams (RS)

NT Albert Haynesworth (AP)

UT Tommie Harris (PB)

I almost went with Ngata as my NT so that I could have Joe Thomas at LT, but I decided I just couldn't pass up on Haynesworth teaming with Harris in the middle. Can you imagine the kind of pressure those two would bring from the inside? The other thought was to insert Dorsey as my UT so I could have Thomas, but meh. I just love Tommie Harris. Ask me the same question in 5 minutes, and I'll have switched it up a bit. I'd have to hold tryouts before I could really decide. Tough to pass on Aso, but I think it'll be much easier to build that position through the draft than it would be to get guys like these 5. Osi was another guy that was real tough to pass on.

that's not fair to have Jake Long, what if he becomes a pro-bowler this season?
JeffSamardzijaIRISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
that's not fair to have Jake Long, what if he becomes a pro-bowler this season?
Well you could say the same thing about all the regular starters or rookies, can't you? Hell, most of us took true pro-bowl caliber guys like Mario or Asomugha anyway. Seems like it's much riskier to go with a rookie than an established stud like Mario or even a Michael Roos.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:09 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whats with all the rules for a fantasy thing?

DE - Mario Williams
DT - Albert Haynesworth
OT - Joe Thomas
RB - Adrian Peterson
QB - Derek Anderson

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote