Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 04-27-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Undrafted Free Agents

It looks like we are still running short of quality depth in the offensive line positions. Some players that I hope haven't been signed yet are Eric Young from Tennessee, Robert Felton from Arkansas, and Fernando Velasco from Georgia. All are offensive guards, but if we were being realistic, Velasco would have the best chance of being signed by the Falcons because of his versatility of being able to play both the center and guard positions. I think he is still one of the most underrated offensive linemen in the draft.

In terms of depth on the defensive side of the ball, I would like the Falcons to look into Curtis Johnson from Clark-Atlanta and perhaps Wesley Woodyard. Both are also versatile enough to play multiple positions. Curtis Johnson is one of those small school prospects that really intrigues you though. He was projected to be a fourth-round draft pick and was rumored to have Pittsburgh really interested in him, but I guess not. He should be able to fit into our system either as a pass-rushing OLB or a situational defensive end. We can certainly mix our rushes up a bit if we throw Curtis Johnson into the mix.

Anyways, that's just my opinion, and I wanted to know what other Falcons fans thought. I don't believe there is a single topic about the undrafted free agents in the Falcons' Team Forum, so I decided to make one. I didn't want to go on AFMB, because I decided that most of the members there are idiotic and almost always go with the general public's opinion. I swear if I had a nickel for every topic that goes against Matt Ryan, I'd [realistically] be able to buy Grand Theft Auto IV when it comes out Tuesday.
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
catcher_0_3
Rookie

catcher_0_3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

There are some damn good playes left. I would definetley like to see us sign some guys.

Offense- We still need to boost up the lines and we could do that with a number of guys. Radovich, K. Brown, F. Velasco, E. Young would all be quality. I know we have a handull of WRs already but I really like D.J. Hall as a flyer.

Defense- With as many offensive guys that I like, there are about 10x that many on defense that I like. I'll break it down by position

DE-Darrell Robertson would be a quality backup, I don't know the guys we drafted. But this guy started ahead of probably a top 20 pick next year.
-Wallace Gilberry-What can I say, I like my SEC guys. Had 10 sacks last year in the SEC. Has the team leader attributes that we've been drafting on.
-Titus Brown-Experience in the SEC and had pretty good numbers his last two years. Situational pass rusher, but hey, I'm not sure we got one of those in the draft.

DT-We obviously don't think that DT is an issue, even if the FO is wrong, they won't even take a flyer on a guy just for insurance sakes. But if they ever feel like they might have made a mistake Carlton Powell isn't bad. He can get penetration up the middle and make plays in the backfield. Can play the run as well.

LB-Erin Henderson-Not sure why he wasn't drafted, but the kid can play football. Had 247 tackles in two years. Get him.
-Ali Highsmith-If anyone watched LSU this year then you understand. I don't care what 40 he ran, the kid moves when he has pads on. Boley, Lofton, Highsmith. That could set us up for a while. Leader, good football player.

S-Jamar Adams- At very least this kid would come in and push Stone to become better quicker. Would also provide excellent ST ability. Came from a good program. Had 92 tackles at safety! Leader, good football player(see a pattern).
-Marcus Griffin-Excellent production out of the Big12. A little undersized, but he's a football player. Comes from a program known for putting out safeties. Hard worker, team leader, can play ST with the best of them.
-Deep Sleeper-Bobbie Williams-Excellent physical tools. Very productive at his level. "Plays nasty," I like it.

CB-I think we drafted half of the CB class already so I'll pass on this one.

IMO I would be about 10x more satisfied with our draft class if we signed a few of these guys. These guys can play football, they don't have character issues, and they are team leaders. These are the guys that can make a football team like the Falcons better for years to come.

Last edited by catcher_0_3 : 04-27-2008 at 09:16 PM.
catcher_0_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I posted in the other thread DE/LB Brandon Miller from UGA has been signed. He played under BVG so he is familiar with him hopefully they will put him at DE.

http://georgia.scout.com/2/747193.html
Old 04-27-2008, 09:18 PM    (permalink
catcher_0_3
Rookie

catcher_0_3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Like I posted in the other thread DE/LB Brandon Miller from UGA has been signed. He played under BVG so he is familiar with him hopefully they will put him at DE.

Yea they tried to start him at LB early this year, but eventually saw that he was better suited for DE. I think he can provide a pretty good pass-rush off the end. 2 Dawgs down, lets get big FV in here.
catcher_0_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope we sign Marcus Griffin from Texas.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:03 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dammit, we're missing out on all the good ones. i really wanted castille and we need some linemen!
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:05 PM    (permalink
gus82witten

Vince Redd OLD/ DE going to the Pats. Great size and speed.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post

He underachieved at Georgia. Was a great player comming out of high school but had the injury bug, and UGA had plenty of great LBs.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:22 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Marcus Griffin has gone to the Vikings.

I'm really hoping for Fernando Velasco, and possibly some more D-line help.

I like the Miller pickup. Should compete for a roster spot.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:30 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atlanta Falcons - DE Brandon Miller, P Jimmie Kaylor, CB Glenn Sharpe, RB Jamar Brittingham, LB Ike Brown

From Johnny in the other thread not sure why are signing more guys in the same position we drafted.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/A..._agents.as px

7 UDFAs signed:

linebacker Isaac Brown (Central Michigan),
punter Jimmie Kaylor (Colorado State),
cornerback Glenn Sharpe (Miami, Fla.),
free safety D.J. Wolfe (Oklahoma),
defensive end Brandon Miller (Georgia),
running back Jamar Brittingham (Bloomsburg) and
offensive tackle Michael Butterworth (Slippery Rock).

i like dj wolf and hes pretty much the only one i know on the list. he can be a good ST player and ideally develop into a good backup at S. he's still learning the position and milloy might help nudge him in the right direction.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glenn Sharpe, the cornerback from Miami Fl., has the tools to succeed.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:18 AM    (permalink
Grig
Rookie

Grig hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I go to Bloomsburg, and I'm glad to see that Brittingham signed on somewhere. Regardless, he was a straight beast here, holding all the school and conference records.

The only other Bloomsburg alum in the NFL is Jahri Evans, the Saints guard, and he's done pretty well. Hopefully Jamar can continue it.
Grig is offline   Reply With Quote