Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wideout
Wow this is a tough one to call, it's going to be a very close game in my opinion. I see the Colts winning in the end though on a Vinatieri 50 yard FG.
Which would officially make that contract worth every penny.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forecast for the game; RAINY. Even more reason to like the Ravens.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:03 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Colts D plays as well as they did last week, then I think they have a good chance. BUt I picked the Ravens. Their D is too good, and their offense can score enough. I expect a higher scoring game than I've seen from some pundits. Perhaps say, 24-17.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
2drama
Veteran

2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu
If the Colts D plays as well as they did last week, then I think they have a good chance. BUt I picked the Ravens. Their D is too good, and their offense can score enough. I expect a higher scoring game than I've seen from some pundits. Perhaps say, 24-17.
the colt d gets man handle on sat
I expect a low scoring game- as the raven will try to keep manning off the pitch
Old 01-12-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant wait until tommorow
Old 01-13-2007, 09:38 AM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

go_ravens94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991
I cant wait until tommorow
GAME TIME!
Old 01-13-2007, 10:58 AM    (permalink

Quote:
The Dolts did not really play great run d cause they only ran L.J 13 times. If they gave him the usaual 20+ carries he would have tore them up.
BTW this game will be a great rivalry for years to come.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenPlayer52
Quote:
The Dolts did not really play great run d cause they only ran L.J 13 times. If they gave him the usaual 20+ carries he would have tore them up.
Judging by what? His two yard average on those 13 runs?
Old 01-13-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Quote:
The Colts are a defense that gets easily worn down, they depend on the offense opening up a sizable lead in the 2nd half to stop teams from just putting it on the ground and grindin it out on em.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
NittanyLion2k7
Pro Bowler

NittanyLion2k7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Colts. They're just a better team, more leadership on both sides of the ball and a better coach and QB. That's where it counts. Bob Sanders back, expect a thrashing and Baltimore fans to cry all the way home with nostalgic memories of the original Baltimore franchise.
NittanyLion2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The Colts are a defense that gets easily worn down, they depend on the offense opening up a sizable lead in the 2nd half to stop teams from just putting it on the ground and grindin it out on em.
I wouldn't say they get worn down easily. The reason they're better with a lead is because that forces teams to pass so they can just have Freeney and Mathis pin their ears back and get to the quarterback.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by NittanyLion2k7
Colts. They're just a better team, more leadership on both sides of the ball and a better coach and QB. That's where it counts. Bob Sanders back, expect a thrashing and Baltimore fans to cry all the way home with nostalgic memories of the original Baltimore franchise.
I really hate you. :evil:
Old 01-13-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

I have revised my prediction and I say 28 21 colts. colts are down 14 to 21 with 130 to go, peyton drives the colts down the feild and scores with 35 seconds left. ravens get the kickoff return it to the colts 40so they decide to try to get closer before they try to kick the feild goal to win it. steve mcnair drops back pumps right, looks left and throws it to heap on a 10 yard out, bob sanders picks it off and takes it back for a td with one second left. colts kick the extra point and stop the ravens on the kick return. :shock:
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43
Quote:
Quote:

I have revised my prediction and I say 28 21 colts. colts are down 14 to 21 with 130 to go, peyton drives the colts down the feild and scores with 35 seconds left. ravens get the kickoff return it to the colts 40so they decide to try to get closer before they try to kick the feild goal to win it. steve mcnair drops back pumps right, looks left and throws it to heap on a 10 yard out, bob sanders picks it off and takes it back for a td with one second left. colts kick the extra point and stop the ravens on the kick return. :shock:
thats a bold prediction..... ill take you on it!

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Ravens win.
the defense is just too good.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i hate you too.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
2drama
Veteran

2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.

don't fail me now raven
Old 01-13-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I wouldn't say they get worn down easily. The reason they're better with a lead is because that forces teams to pass so they can just have Freeney and Mathis pin their ears back and get to the quarterback.
that too, that is what their defense is best at doing. but you ask Freeney and Mathis to focus on playing run D all game and theyre not as good. Its rare the Colts ask their D to do this b/c usually their O jumps out to a big lead and forces teams to pass. But they will get worn down and start giving up big runs later in the game if their O doesnt keep them off the field and in the lead.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i hate you too.
:? :| :(
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2drama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
does any colts fan want to bet

than if the colts lose they would not sign in for 1 week

if the raven lose i will not sign in for a week

deal or no deal

too scared Colts fans

8) 8)
I'll take it.
your on
any one else
If Colts lose, I won't post until the Ravens lose (or if they win the SB).

If Ravens lose, you start typing on
here coherently
ok?
deal if ravens beat the colts and if they lose a game after (yeah right) that i will not post for a week

deal
I should be collecting on my bet now.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not surprising what happened tonight although I would've expected better numbers from Peyton given the victory.

I still expect the winner for SD/NE to go to the SB but wouldn't it be something if the Colts go after struggling so much at the end of the season.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819
I've said it in the team discussion and i'll say it here: Ravens Pride!

Indy will not be able to run the ball and that was the reason they were able to put together drives against the Chiefs. The Ravens' pass rush will get to Manning more effectively then the Chiefs which will lead to turnovers and that will be the down fall of the Dolts! McNair will have time to pass and lead the offense down the field. The Ravens' offensive line only let up 16 sacks all year, but what now all of a sudden because of Dwight Freeney they won't be able to pass protect? Freeney will not be a factor, much like he wasn't all year. With the Ravens' driving on offense that Dolt defense will crack and crumble and all of a sudden Bob Sanders' knee injury will flare up magically.

Welcome back to Baltimore Colts, now GET THE F**K OUT CAUSE YOU AIN'T WELCOME IN OUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ravens in a blowout 31-3!
Look at yourself now
Old 01-13-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soooo......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Oaktown1981
Veteran

Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.

I think we will see another Pats, Indy Title game. Going into the playoffs everyone said the Colts didn't have a chance. I think this is their year. Colts , Saints SB. Colts win.
Oaktown1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819
I've said it in the team discussion and i'll say it here: Ravens Pride!

Indy will not be able to run the ball and that was the reason they were able to put together drives against the Chiefs. The Ravens' pass rush will get to Manning more effectively then the Chiefs which will lead to turnovers and that will be the down fall of the Dolts! McNair will have time to pass and lead the offense down the field. The Ravens' offensive line only let up 16 sacks all year, but what now all of a sudden because of Dwight Freeney they won't be able to pass protect? Freeney will not be a factor, much like he wasn't all year. With the Ravens' driving on offense that Dolt defense will crack and crumble and all of a sudden Bob Sanders' knee injury will flare up magically.

Welcome back to Baltimore Colts, now GET THE F**K OUT CAUSE YOU AIN'T WELCOME IN OUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ravens in a blowout 31-3!

Nice call.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote