Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 05-04-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Well above i praised Carpenter and let it be known that i still think he's talented enough to do something in the league. I never wrote him off, but at what point do you realize that he's not seeing the field for a reason? We know it's not talent, and there wasn't a whole lot of talent ahead of him, so what's the deal?
Bradie James is a friggen team captain. He's an established starter and leader. So all of a sudden James doesn't have a whole lot of talent? I don't get some fans.
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Bradie James is a friggen team captain. He's an established starter and leader. So all of a sudden James doesn't have a whole lot of talent? I don't get some fans.
I wasn't referring to James so don't make assumptions. Everyone talks about how bad Ayodole was this season, yet we never got the chance to see Carpenter in that spot.

I never thought of Bradie James as benig a very good coverage linebacker either, so i'm also wondering why he hardly saw time at that spot in pass situations. The coaching staff was too busy trying to work Biscuit into the nickel package that they forgot they still had a talented LB in there.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

per DMN blog...talks a little about changing Carp to "Mo" at weakside ILB, and that we will be using a rotation more then likely, seeing a little more of Burnett and Carpenter...Its encouraging to hear we plan on trying to squeeze whatever we can out of him, I like the way our ILB rotation should be panning out, Burnett is playing for a contract, I'd expect him to perform very well...And James is a beast, he should anchor us in the middle for some time.

Quote:
As was reported earlier in the weekend, former first-round pick Bobby Carpenter is set to make the switch from the "Mike" (strong-side inside) linebacker spot to the "Mo" (weak-side inside).

The obvious question, then, was just who would be the backup at the "Mike", behind Bradie James? It's a good one. Kevin Burnett, since he's not overly big for an inside 'backer, will likely stay at the "Mo", backing up Zach Thomas. My guess would be that if something were to happen to James, Thomas would slide over to the "Mike", with either Burnett or Carpenter filling his spot at the "Mo."

At least, that's the idea I got when Wade said this about who will be behind Zach Thomas at the "Mike": "We've got a rotation we're going to look at behind Bradie and we're going to look at some young guys there also."

Which young guys, I don't know. The Cowboy have the four aforementioned players that are capable of playing inside 'backer and, really, no one else with that ability who has a good shot at making the roster.

As for Carpenter, the Cowboys are doing their best now to see if they can squeeze something out of the old first-round pick. So for now, they'll see how he fits at the "Mo." Bear in mind, it's May, so this isn't exactly an experiment that you can't pull the plug on if it doesn't work.

"He's got ability," Phillips said of Carpenter. "And yeah, we'd like for him to be on the field some and certainly help us. He helped on special teams, obviously. With every player that has ability, we try to plug them in somewhere. In some cases, we dream up places to put them.

"We put (Anthony) Spencer and Greg Ellis and DeMarcus Ware on the field at the same time, because they're all really good pass rushers. Again, I like Bobby because of his attitude and ability. I'm hoping we can get a place for him to help us on defense too. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:16 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I wasn't referring to James so don't make assumptions. Everyone talks about how bad Ayodole was this season, yet we never got the chance to see Carpenter in that spot.

I never thought of Bradie James as benig a very good coverage linebacker either, so i'm also wondering why he hardly saw time at that spot in pass situations. The coaching staff was too busy trying to work Biscuit into the nickel package that they forgot they still had a talented LB in there.
Have you ever heard of the guy named Kevin Burnett? Well, he was the guy who split time with Ayodele at that position. It's kinda why Carpenter didn't get the chance.

So what now? You're blaming the coaching staff for trying to play Roy closer to the line of scrimmage? I love how some fans have all the answers. Must be great to know all the answers when you don't get a chance to see how they practice everyday. Just great, I say. Just great.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:33 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Bradie James is overrated in both talent and leadership. I don't get some fans either.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:48 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Bradie James is overrated in both talent and leadership. I don't get some fans either.
Gotta disagree there, he is very good in both aspects, I don't know how you guys missed the play of James, seriously you should watch some games again...He is always on the ball making plays, he made alot of stuffs at the LOS, he's seriously a force, how in the world do you get he's overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Regardless of the fact that some fans think James is supposedly overrated in both talent and leadership, it's incredibly ridiculous to assume our team captain, leading tackler and QB on Defense would be pushed aside by a rookie learning a new position. I just don't get some fans!

Look... if Bobby was tearing up practice that would be one thing. Apparently, he has not. To expect him to have overtaken Bradie last year is complete hogwash. I just don't get some fans!!!
Old 05-06-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Regardless of the fact that some fans think James is supposedly overrated in both talent and leadership, it's incredibly ridiculous to assume our team captain, leading tackler and QB on Defense would be pushed aside by a rookie learning a new position. I just don't get some fans!

Look... if Bobby was tearing up practice that would be one thing. Apparently, he has not. To expect him to have overtaken Bradie last year is complete hogwash. I just don't get some fans!!!
woah, woah... I was not trying to imply Bobby should replace anyone. I was the first to call him a bust, and I still believe he is. He may have some hidden talent that everyone is talking about, but I call him a bust. I mean isn't that what a bust is? A guy with talent on the college level who can't translate it into the pros.

Even if I think James is overrated, I still wouldn't put Bobby anywhere near him.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote