Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

View Poll Results: Best DT?
Green Bay 8 9.88%
Minnesota 61 75.31%
Chicago 11 13.58%
Detroit 1 1.23%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Best by Position: DT

This one could go many ways. Vikes have the best two starters, but not much depth to speak of.
Green Bay and Chicago have pretty good depth.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we should just skip this one and move on. Surely its the Vikings, best tandem in the league although the depth leaves something to be desired.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:02 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin & Pat get the vote

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings w/o a doubt

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fat pat and kevin williams win it for the vikes. theyre such a good pair of starters that no depth can really outdo that...
Old 05-06-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Zbikowski_9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Deph isnt bad, Wyms has started most of his career and they are high on their young guys. I cant belive 2 people voted Packers. Take off your green shades lol
Zbikowski_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You need to take off your shades. You voted Minnesota to have the best group of DE's. They have ONE good DE. Ray Edwards would struggle to start in Green Bay and Udeze is out. If Udeze wasnt out then I could maybe see Minnesota, but aside from Allen I dont really fear Minny's DEs. Plus he's maybe a bit better than Kampman.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think the vikes may have this one man....call it

and im interested to see the LBs and CBs. should be an easy call both times i feel but the homerism that keeps popping up may make it interesting....
Old 05-06-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's the thing. The vikes are very one dimensional DT's. Neither are good pass-rushers.

Sure they can absolutely crush the rushing game. but they add zero value to the pass rush.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Minny wins!

Old 05-06-2008, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
You need to take off your shades. You voted Minnesota to have the best group of DE's. They have ONE good DE. Ray Edwards would struggle to start in Green Bay and Udeze is out. If Udeze wasnt out then I could maybe see Minnesota, but aside from Allen I dont really fear Minny's DEs. Plus he's maybe a bit better than Kampman.
You said yourself that these polls are for what we think will happen by the end of the season.

And I think that Ray Edwards will be highly respected as he will face one on one match ups against right tackles and realy up his stats. I think Robinson showed me enough that he is a great situational rusher and will make a nice impact when injected on passing games.

I LOVE Kampman, but Jenkins disapeared last year and KGB is ageing, hense why i didn't pick them.

So know that i justified myself, you can tell me why the Packers have a better Defensive tackle unit than the Vikes.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Depth and potential.
Harrell was coming off an injury last year and has alot of potential.
Cullen Jenkins when shifted inside on passing situations provided adequte pass rush. Also what he didnt do in getting pressure from the end spot he kind of made up for in great play against the run.
Johnny Jolly will take over right where Corey WIlliams left off, if he lives up to potential.
Colin Cole is a servicable backup.
Ryan Pickett is a very good run stuffer.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Here's the thing. The vikes are very one dimensional DT's. Neither are good pass-rushers.

Sure they can absolutely crush the rushing game. but they add zero value to the pass rush.
LOL. Kevin Williams has twice had double digit sack numbers and he could post big numbers again now that line will have to push out to deal with Allen, Ellis Wyms knows how to get at the QB and Fred Evans even showed some pass rush ability.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Quote:
Depth and potential.
Harrell was coming off an injury last year and has alot of potential.
Cullen Jenkins when shifted inside on passing situations provided adequte pass rush. Also what he didnt do in getting pressure from the end spot he kind of made up for in great play against the run.
Johnny Jolly will take over right where Corey WIlliams left off, if he lives up to potential.
Colin Cole is a servicable backup.
Ryan Pickett is a very good run stuffer.
Look it is by no means a bad group, and i think any coach would be stoked with that commity, however, do you honestly beleive that they are better than an All-Pro and a second team All-Pro tandum, who are backed up by Ellis Wyms (a member of a dominant Tampa outfit, and two guys with potential that the team is high on (just like you have lited 2 people with potential)
Old 05-06-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont care about depth in this vote its minny.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbikowski_9 View Post
Look it is by no means a bad group, and i think any coach would be stoked with that commity, however, do you honestly beleive that they are better than an All-Pro and a second team All-Pro tandum, who are backed up by Ellis Wyms (a member of a dominant Tampa outfit, and two guys with potential that the team is high on (just like you have lited 2 people with potential)
Yes, i can believe. Especially considering Fat pat is 36. Although DT's can be good run stuffers till theyre old, there is a good chance that he can have a dropoff in play. And im not entirely trying to say our group is better, im just saying its not unreasonable to think that way. Like its not unreasonable to think Favre is the best QB ever. May or may not be right, but its not a crazy statement

Old 05-06-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Quote:
Yes, i can believe. Especially considering Fat pat is 36. Although DT's can be good run stuffers till theyre old, there is a good chance that he can have a dropoff in play. And im not entirely trying to say our group is better, im just saying its not unreasonable to think that way. Like its not unreasonable to think Favre is the best QB ever. May or may not be right, but its not a crazy statement
Its cool, at least you justified it, i'll tell you one thing after going through these polls, all the people saying the North is week are gonna have to eat their words, 3 of the best D's in the NFL
Old 05-09-2008, 08:57 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I guess I'm a rebel with a cause. Going against the grain here and picking Green Bay. I think they have the ability and depth to be a superb unit. Minnesota lacks depth. Chicago might be there, but so much is unknown about Dvoracek and Harrison. I will say this, though. If Dusty is healthy or Marcus is on his game, along with Tommie Harris healthy, the Bears might end up being the best DT grouping.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:58 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
So, I guess I'm a rebel with a cause. Going against the grain here and picking Green Bay. I think they have the ability and depth to be a superb unit. Minnesota lacks depth. Chicago might be there, but so much is unknown about Dvoracek and Harrison. I will say this, though. If Dusty is healthy or Marcus is on his game, along with Tommie Harris healthy, the Bears might end up being the best DT grouping.
If Tommie can stay healthy for a full season.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Williams Wrecking Crew FTW!
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post

You saying Kevin Williams isn't a good pass rusher is like me saying Chad Pennington has a strong arm.

The Vikings win this one, hands down. I can't believe 9 people voted for the Packers and Lions.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Vikings, not even close

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Packman1957 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Gotta give this one to the Vikings.

As far as depth is concerned, I like the Packers though.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:45 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Chicago with the belief that Tommie Harris will be healthy. He is far and away the best DT in the division and probably competes with Justin Tuck for league honors. I don't care about the "run stopping" DT. I saw an 18-0 team get smacked in large part because of what an amazing interior pass rusher can do. Tuck gave it to GB all game too. Tommie Harris has DPOY potential, which I don't see in any other DT in the division.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if you realize this but Kevin and Pat Williams play in the division. They are arguably two of the top 5 DT's in the league.