Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC South Division Forum

NFC South Division Forum Discuss the NFC South

View Poll Results: NFC South's Best: Linebackers
Atlanta Falcons 5 16.13%
Carolina Panthers 7 22.58%
New Orleans Saints 2 6.45%
Tampa Bay Bucaneers 17 54.84%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFC South Linebackers

Who has the best LBs in the South?

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tampa, unless Vilma and Morgan come back strong as they were.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
ShadowPanther
Rookie

ShadowPanther hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Reply

I have to say Carolina, and not as a homer. We could start Jon Beason, (Who is already the best linebacker in the division)Thomas Davis, and Dan Connor. The depth is also ridiculous.
ShadowPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:02 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

potential-wise, panthers but the bucs are known for their defense and tough LB corps. when i think of TB, i think hard-nosed LBs. panthers are definitely close behind with a great corps of youngsters and i think the falcons are in a distant 3rd.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Buccaneers: Derrick Brooks is a future HoFer, Cato June is a great SLB with Superbowl experience and Barrett Ruud is an up and comer at his position.

2. Falcons: Purely ahead of the Panthers because of Michael Boley and the versatility of Keith Brooking.

3. Still a little unproven for my tastes. Nobody denies their talent, but I'd like to see more from every linebacker on the team not named Beason.

4. Least proven of all. Vilma has the ability to really improve the unit.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Bucs- Brooks/June/Ruud
2. Falcons - Michael Boley and Keith Brooking < STEPHEN NICHOLAS OH MY GOD
3. Panthers - Will be good in 2-3 years
4. Saints = ???
Old 05-07-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bucs: Brooks has his best years behind him, but is still a very solid player. Cato June is more fit to play WLB, and I dont like him at SLB right now. Hopefully he can do a good job taking over Brooks when he retires. Ruud is a beast.

Falcons: Boley is one of the top 4-3 SLBs in the league and is only getting better. Brooking sucks, but hopefully he can do a solid job at his original position of WLB. I dont know if he has it in him though. Lofton looks to be a DeMeco and Tatupu type stud who has great instincts.

Panthers: Jon Beaston. His name is self explanatory. He is a beast, and almost outplayed Willis last year. Davis does a great job at SLB and is very good. I dont know who their WLB is.

Saints: They have done a nice job trying to fix their LB corp. I loved the trade for Vilma, and he should be great in a 4-3. I doubt Morgan plays for more than 2 weeks. He should really call it quits before he gets seriously hurt. Fujita is a very underrated player and I like him alot, but not Davis or Boley esque yet.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:31 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now it's TB, Carolina, Atlanta, and then N.O.

With Brooks, Ruud, and June the Bucs have the perfect LB's for their system.

Carolina has Thomas Davies, Jon Beason, Landon Johnson, and Dan Conner for depth.

Atlanta has Michael Boley, Curtis Lofton, Keith Brooking, and Stephen Nicholas. I look for them in 2009-2010 to have probably the best LB in the division with Boley, Lofton, and Nicholas.

Saints have too many questions marks. Fujita is above average, Vilma is coming off surgery, and Dan Morgan is a concussion case and we have no depth.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bucs no question... Saints have potential

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:04 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's Atlanta or Carolina for me, with Tampa close behind. People will underrate that Carolina unit, but Landon Johnson (and he should start ahead of Connor) is a solid player on the weakside, Beason is superb, and Davis is solid. Connor gives them great depth, allowing Beason to kick to weakside if need be.

The Atlanta unit could be real good, though. Boley and Brookings should still be a good tandem, with Lofton cleaning up. Curtis plays faster than he times.

Oh, I voted Atlanta.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Tampa but Atlanta or Carolina has the potential to be better.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
xooberon
Veteran

xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.

this divisions got some good LB's! very hard to choose, the homer in me says that with beason and TD plus the great depth we have (a lot of people say dan connor, landon johnson but forget that diggs was playing great last season) we probably have the best unit. but it's very close between all four imo
xooberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

I voted Atlanta, even though Brooking might be a shell of his former self at this point in his career. I was really high on Lofton as a prospect and Boley is self explanatory.

Next would be Carolina. Beason is going to be a beast for a long time.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, seriously it is Atlanta. Michael Boley, Curtis Lofton, and Keith Brooking all in the same unit? Wow! And Stephen Nicholas is not too bad, either.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Brooks, Ruud, June
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote