Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Beast Mode of MB3?
Lynch 65 59.09%
Barber 45 40.91%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Marshawn Lynch runs like a battering ram, what makes people think that he is going to stay injury free forever? The reason I ask, is because people are always so quick to bring up AD being injured, and when talking about Barber its always "he cant keep running like that because he is going to break down eventually", and being that Lynch is more of a workhorse back, what makes people think Lynch isn't susceptible to injury just the same as Peterson.

Outside of the fact that its completely Random, Lynch was banged up last year too, and yes it was just a high ankle sprain but thats the same injury Peterson had in college when people called him "injury prone" for it, not the same treatment for Lynch?
For the record, He had a high ankle sprain in 2005.. In 2006, he broke his collarbone.

But to address the poll, I think Marshawn Lynch will have a better pro career. I love both and think Marion Barber should have the opportunity to carry the full load. Marion Barber sure does BANG more than Marshawn Lynch.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
I think one of the big concerns for Peterson is and will always be injury concerns due to his upright running style.

Both players are great. I don't think you can really go wrong with either guy. But you are making it seem like there is a huge gap between the two, which I really don't think there is.

Plus for all of his ability, Peterson was a bit inconsistent and got thrown for a loss more than I'd like to see for someone with his insane talent.
They played in an equal amount of games last year. Both were hurt equally. So i don't see where this injury prone talk comes from. If you look at Peterson's injuries, they've come on freak plays. When he cracked his collar bone he was falling with no one else around into the end zone at full speed and just landed on it wrong. Anyone's would have cracked if you were running full speed and all your weight landed on it.

This past year Al Harris injured him on a shady tackle. There was nothing he could do about that. And they missed equal amount of time, so this injury talk is way over blown.

And how can you say the gap between the two isn't that close? Marshawn Lynch is a grinder, as you can tell by his stats. Having a hard time breaking 4 yards a carry most of the time. The only game he ever averaged over 5 YPC, he had 29 carries for 153 yards, and one run being of 56 yards. And he JUST had 5.3 ypc.

I honestly don't think he'll be anywhere near the gamebreaker Peterson already is. No way.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
For the record, He had a high ankle sprain in 2005.. In 2006, he broke his collarbone.

Yea, I know that...But do you realize its silly to call AD injury prone when that high injury sprain was one of his injuries in college and people were calling him injury prone at that time already...Also even though Barber has never been injured people say its coming because of how he runs, my question is why isn't the same said for Lynch, who was injured his rookie season also with a high ankle sprain, and runs just as hard as Barber does with more carries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I was laughing the whole time I watched that. I loved Marshawn before but now I think he's my hero.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentN View Post
I was laughing the whole time I watched that. I loved Marshawn before but now I think he's my hero.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSO-k...eature=related
Old 05-06-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
I was gonna post that too. "Oh yeah this spot hot" lol it it's hilarious.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
"Who is Beethoven?"

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I was gonna post that too. "Oh yeah this spot hot" lol it it's hilarious.
They had one with Mario Williams, it was hilarious but I can't find it. I always look for it around draft time but never find it.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

MARSHAW LYNCHES MARION! c'mon, not even close!
Old 05-08-2008, 07:26 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
They played in an equal amount of games last year. Both were hurt equally. So i don't see where this injury prone talk comes from. If you look at Peterson's injuries, they've come on freak plays. When he cracked his collar bone he was falling with no one else around into the end zone at full speed and just landed on it wrong. Anyone's would have cracked if you were running full speed and all your weight landed on it.

And how can you say the gap between the two isn't that close? Marshawn Lynch is a grinder, as you can tell by his stats. Having a hard time breaking 4 yards a carry most of the time. The only game he ever averaged over 5 YPC, he had 29 carries for 153 yards, and one run being of 56 yards. And he JUST had 5.3 ypc.

I honestly don't think he'll be anywhere near the gamebreaker Peterson already is. No way.
I was actually thinking about this running style. His upright punishing style is bound to leave him more exposed to taking some big shots. It is the same reasons I have concerns about Marion Barbers longevity in the league.

Thats fine if you don't think Lynch will never be the gamebreaker that Peterson is. But I completely disagree that Marshawn is just a grinder, he has plenty of explosive ability, although he had to get a lot of tough yards in Buffalo.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a few concerns about Lynch's ability to stay healthy over the long term. The way he runs is really hard on his knees and his refusal to go down led to some injuries during his college career (those broken fingers his junior year). That said, the kid is unbelievably tough and determined.

In terms of skill set, he probably edges Barber. Barber packs a little more of a punch when he runs into a guy, but Lynch definitely has the edge in speed and makes upfield cuts a little more sudden. Even if I try my best to ignore my Golden Bears homerism, I'm taking Lynch.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Lynch, easy. MB3 is a great bruiser but lynch is a more dynamic all-around back imo.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote