Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 03-25-2008, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

After tonight's predators game I have decided the Titans need to draft Jordin Tootoo to play MLB. That kid is fearless.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Apparently UT's secondary is going to be really good this year according to the Tennesseean's article this morning.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vols were given a verbal commitment by 5-star SG/SF recruit Scotty Hopson. Hopson's recorded from 6-5 to 6-7 heigth range and wieghs around 180-190 lbs, but it seems that his measurables change from article to article. Hopson's a Top 10 talent, and was a McDonald's HS All American. He'll will probably start right away at Chris Lofton's void left at Shooting Guard. Though Hopson isn't as good of a 3-point shooter, he adds more of a rebounding presence and can get to the rim better than Lofton could. He can pass well too it seems, but not a ball-handling Point Guard by any stretch. Seems like the sky's the limit for this cat and his buttloud of potential. I'm guessing he'll be in the mold of a Chris Douglas-Roberts.

Along with Hopson, we have a 4-star Center Philip Jurick, who's 6-11, 255 and will give us a physical post who will grab those rebounds that we could never grab this year. We also have a 4-star Shooting Forward Renaldo Woolridge, who's 6-8, 205 but probably won't see much time over the likes of Tyler Smith, Chism, and Crews. We also have a verbal commit from a 2/3-star Point Guard Daniel West, but I dunno much about his ability. Still, I'll accept any PG who'll come to Rocky Top.

I would have hoped to get a highly rated Point Guard, but landing a talent like Scotty Hopson is awesome. I mean, the dude's name is friggin' Hopson! He'll give us the star-power, and Jurick and Woolridge will give us post presence. If we run J.P. Prince at PG, we could field an entire starting five of 6-6+ height players. Not likely, but cool nevertheless.

Next year's team may be even better than this year's. We'll just miss the clutchness of Lofton and Jajuan.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 02:09 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Yeah, I'm just worried about the three point shooting ability. Looking down the roster there's not really much of a threat there at all.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But, all we need is one guy to be the 3-point range threat. This year, we had two of those guys in Lofton and JaJuan and they were strict wing guys at that. If they weren't nailing their shots, we'd struggle since we couldn't rebound well. But now that we'll have a greater post presence and two guards who can take it to the rim in Prince and Hopkins, we won't be dependent on hitting 3-pointers. But like I said: If we're down 2 with 3 seconds lefts, who gets the ball? If don't matter if Lofton is 1-8 from the field. He can make the one clutch shot.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
But, all we need is one guy to be the 3-point range threat. This year, we had two of those guys in Lofton and JaJuan and they were strict wing guys at that. If they weren't nailing their shots, we'd struggle since we couldn't rebound well. But now that we'll have a greater post presence and two guards who can take it to the rim in Prince and Hopkins, we won't be dependent on hitting 3-pointers. But like I said: If we're down 2 with 3 seconds lefts, who gets the ball? If don't matter if Lofton is 1-8 from the field. He can make the one clutch shot.
Probably Tyler Smith at this point. If he stays that is.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I think Tyler Smith stays. He led us in almost every statistical category, yet he wasn't even the focal point of our offense. This year, he'll be the 1st post option, and likely the 1st option period for at least the first part of the season. His NBA stock should be better after next season, if my thinking is right.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Am I correct in understanding that Tyler Smith is 23 years old?
Old 04-10-2008, 12:05 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I'm not sure, but I do know that his father passed away from cancer a few months ago. He also transferred from Iowa. So with a tragic death in his family, a transfer, and a possible red-shirt, he could be a 23-year old junior if he missed just a season due to those events. Though, a 24-year old senior isn't rare.

What's the significance of his age?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

I feel like the older he is the more chance of him declaring for the draft there is.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:10 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Well, Tyler was born 9/4/84, so I believe he's 23. But, this year's draft class is full of talented big men: Joe Alexander (#12 SF), Ryan Anderson (#6 PF), Chase Budinger (#4 SF), Earl Clark (#17 PF), Donte Green (#8 SF), Richard Hendrix (#11 PF), J.J. Hickson (#23 PF), Brook Lopez (#3 PF), Robin Lopez (#15 C), Trent Plaisted (#7 C), Brandon Rush (#1 SF), Marreese Speights (#10 C), and Robert Vaden (#7 SF)...all according to Rivals.

Now, Rivals has Tyler as the #2 Small Forward in the nation too and there's no doubt that Tyler would be in the upper tier of that previous list, but that list does not include seniors, and it doesn't include players who haven't declared like: Michael Beasley (#1 PF), Hasheem Thabeet (#8 C), Kevin Love (#1 C), Tyler Hansbrough (#2 PF), and Darrell Arthur (#13 PF). I'd say at least two of those guys declare. How many Guards have declared? Three: O.J. Mayo, Eric Gordon, and Jerryd Bayless.

There's major depth at Forward this year among juniors. Factor in seniors and europeans players, and I don't think Smith, a SF who only averaged 13 pts, has proven enough to be a lottery pick. He should stay another year, avg. 18+ pts and 8+ rebounds, and then declare.

...But, note that I do post on a football site, sooo...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Well, Tyler was born 9/4/84, so I believe he's 23. But, this year's draft class is full of talented big men: Joe Alexander (#12 SF), Ryan Anderson (#6 PF), Chase Budinger (#4 SF), Earl Clark (#17 PF), Donte Green (#8 SF), Richard Hendrix (#11 PF), J.J. Hickson (#23 PF), Brook Lopez (#3 PF), Robin Lopez (#15 C), Trent Plaisted (#7 C), Brandon Rush (#1 SF), Marreese Speights (#10 C), and Robert Vaden (#7 SF)...all according to Rivals.

Now, Rivals has Tyler as the #2 Small Forward in the nation too and there's no doubt that Tyler would be in the upper tier of that previous list, but that list does not include seniors, and it doesn't include players who haven't declared like: Michael Beasley (#1 PF), Hasheem Thabeet (#8 C), Kevin Love (#1 C), Tyler Hansbrough (#2 PF), and Darrell Arthur (#13 PF). I'd say at least two of those guys declare. How many Guards have declared? Three: O.J. Mayo, Eric Gordon, and Jerryd Bayless.

There's major depth at Forward this year among juniors. Factor in seniors and europeans players, and I don't think Smith, a SF who only averaged 13 pts, has proven enough to be a lottery pick. He should stay another year, avg. 18+ pts and 8+ rebounds, and then declare.

...But, note that I do post on a football site, sooo...
Ha, well you obviously know more about the NBA and the NBA draft than I do or you at least did your research, so kudos to you sir. I really do hope he stays and our big men progress some more. We could be really good again next year.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Tyler Smith is staying for his senior season! :)

Also, I wrote this up in the Draft forum. Want to share it with ya'll and get your thoughts/criticisms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope
Tennessee Vols '09 NFL Prospects:

DeMonte' Bolden, DT (6'5, 290) - Has all the talent you need, but he's struggled academically. His senior season will be his 2nd full season starting, and 3rd full season seeing significant playing time. The ideal 5-technique for a 3-4 team. I'd say he's a 2nd RD pick now.

Arian Foster, RB (6'1, 215) - Foster is a strong, physical back that can also receive the ball very well. Rushed for 1,193-yds and 12 TD's last season in the SEC, averaging 4.9 YPC. Also had 340-yds receiving and 2 TD's. Averaged 117.9 all-purpose yards. Has started since he was a freshman, has never missed a game, and has the program pedigree. Biggest questions would be ball security and mileage. Probably a 2nd-3rd RD pick.

Ramon Foster, RT/G (6'6, 325) - Started every game last season at RT, but has experience at G and LT too. Excellent size to add with versatility and experience. Broke a finger during warmups before the Vandy game last season, and played through it. First full season starting was last year, and was part of an OL unit that led the country is least sacks allowed, blocked for a 3,000-yd passer, and 1,000-yd rusher. Program pedigree works for him too. OL are hard to project, but I'd say 3rd-4th RD.

DeAngelo Willingham, CB/S (6'0, 200) - 5-star JUCO transfer who started 8 games last season. Has all the physical tools to play the position, and could even play FS. Good in run-support, but gave up the deep ball a few times. Should be much better this season, and is apparently having the best spring of any player. Could shoot up draft boards by adding a productive season to good workout numbers (runs a 4.4 40 in combo. with ideal size). Could be a 2nd-3rd RD pick.

Anthony Parker, LG (6'3, 300) - '07 3rd Team All-American (Rivals), and 1st Team All-SEC (Coaches, AP, Rivals). Started all 14 games last season at LG, and all 12 game in '06 at RG. Was part of an OL unit that led the country is least sacks allowed, blocked for a 3,000-yd passer, and 1,000-yd rusher. Program pedigree works for him too. Great pass-blocker who may best project to LG. Another OL prospect out of UT. Again, hard to project, but probably a 4th-5th RD pick.

Robert Ayers, DE (6'3, 270) - Ayers may improve his stock the most out of all the UT players. He didn't start a game last season, but still tallied 34 TOT's, 12 TFL, and 4 sacks. Has great athletisicm, and could play 3-4 OLB pending his triangle numbers. Has been "unblockable" this spring, and will be the starter at DE opposite Ben Martin/Wes Brown. Could have a great year with the talented secondary helping him. He could be a 3rd RD'er or UDFA. I can't really say.

*Rico McCoy, WLB (6'1, 221) - The next great Volunteer LB. Played alongside Jerod Mayo last season in his 1st season as a starter, and still put up enough numbers to out-produce Keith Rivers (106 TOT, 1 sack, 4.5 TFL, 1 FF, 5 PD, 1 INT, game high 14 TOT). Led or tied for team lead in TOT's in 6 of 13 games last season. Outstanding athleticism. He should have another outstanding year, and would probably come out early like Mayo. Still needs to bulk up, but if he can put on 15 lbs., he's a late-1st RD pick.

*Demetrice Morely, FS (6'2, 195) - Missed entire '07 season due to academics, but has returned for his junior year after using redshirt. 5-star recruit out of HS who earned 2nd Team Freshman All-American (Rivals) and 1st Team Freshman All-SEC (Sporting News) honors. Teams up with Eric Berry to provide one of the most talented S tandems in football. Has taken on a leadership role this spring, and his athletic ability is unquestioned. As a sophomore in '06, he tallied 51 TOT's (44 solo), 1 sack, 7 TFL, 8 PD, and 2 INT's. He has the ability, but probably should stay for his senior year. If he declares, he has the ability to be a 1st Day pick in the likely talented '09 Safety class.

*Chris Scott, LT (6'5, 310) - Started 8 games at RG last season, and 6 games at LT. It was his first year starting. Has shown that he can play any position on the offensive line. Again, was the Left Tackle of a unit that allowed only 4 sacks last season season, and blocked for a 3,000-yd passer and 1,000-yd rusher. Program pedigree. Has ideal size and athleticism for the LT position. But, with next year's OT class, he should probably stay for his senior season and become one of the best LT prospects in '10. If he does declare, he could go 1st Day despite talented OT class.

That's all I got for now, and allow room for error on the Round projections as I'm not yet familiar with all the other '09 prospects.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ramar Smith and Duke Crews were kicked off the UT basketball team this weekend. There goes even more depth for us. We probably went from being one of the deepest teams in the nation this year to being pretty thin this coming year.
CashmoneyDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 12:23 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently we (UT) got the top JC PG in the nation to commit. Big for us especially after Ramar Smith getting kicked off.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Hmmm, dismissing Ramar and then getting the JC PG's commit only days after is concerning. No doubt the new PG committed when he learned of Ramar's dismissal, and thus a hole at PG and open scholarship.

I heard Ramar was upset at the recruitment of a freshman PG in Daniel West, so he could have asked to be dismissed. But still...

More likely that Ramar wanted to be dismissed, and Coach Pearl kept the JC PG informed and learned he'd commit if the scholly came open.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:31 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Yea I thought it was kind of suspicious at first too, but Duke Crews getting released at the same time as ramar smith makes it just an odd coincidence IMO.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

True. Pearl bent over backwards for Crews too. Plus, if word got around that Pearl sweeps the rug out from under players in favor or better recruits, then he'd be done at the collegiate level for quite some time.

Just my overactive mind I guess, but I know I wasn't alone in that thinking. Just one of those shady coincidences, as you said.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2...e-fall/?sports

A really exciting read that was posted on VolQuest. Gets a guy excited for college football. Some key quotes:

Quote:
Former Baylor School star Jacques McClendon has been ordered to cut back after bench-pressing 645 pounds earlier this summer, according to Vols strength and conditioning coach Johnny Long.

“That’s hard to roll,” Long said. “If that’s on the ground, it’s hard to push.”

To the utter astonishment of his coaches and teammates, McClendon easily smashed Albert Toeina’s old record of 575 pounds. Vladimir Richard, UT’s other budding offensive guard star, also cleared 600 on the bench.
Quote:
No Vols have exceeded McClendon’s jaw-dropping bench mark — or his 730-pound back squat — but several have surpassed program position records. Senior Demonte Bolden from Tyner Academy set a new defensive line mark with his 565-pound bench press, while sophomore tight end Luke Stocker (565) and walk-on sophomore linebacker Nick Reveiz (640) set new squat marks at their positions.

Sophomore All-American kicker Daniel Lincoln breezed past the program’s records with his 370-pound bench press, 405-pound squat and 275-pound power clean.

“We’ve got the buffest kicker in America, no doubt,” sophomore defensive end Chris Walker said through fits of laughter.
Quote:
Long praised several Vols for what he called a “great offseason” to this point. He said sophomore All-American safety Eric Berry has added 15 pounds of “lean muscle mass,” now tipping the scales at 210 pounds. He also singled out Ayers, Stocker, Bolden, Richard, junior offensive tackle Chris Scott and senior linebacker Adam Myers-White. He said redshirt freshman defensive tackle Donald Langley was probably the team’s most improved lifter.

“But I could sit here all day and throw out a bunch of names,” Long said. “The guys have worked hard.”
Also, to comprehend the lifting numbers by McClendon and Richardson...

Quote:
For reference: McClendon's (supposed) lift would take over the 15th spot on the all time unassisted bench press list, right behind Vladimir Kravtsov of Russia, 2001. Vlad would also make the "600-club," which contains 43 names, worldwide, as far as I can tell.

Maybe we do have competitors for powerlifting world records on our football team, maybe we don't.
As for Berry gaining muscle mass...if the dude retained his speed and acceleration, then we're gonna see a lot of players take the Tyler Donovan punishment like we saw in last year's Outback Bowl.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOW!!!! The Vols are going to punish some people this year!!

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Yep! Great to hear about the strides that Demonte Bolden is making. Think about all of the great DT's we've had - from Reggie White to Big John and Fat Al - and Bolden just outlifted all of 'em!

Maybe he'll finally live up to his potential. I know I'm rootin' for him.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:25 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Ben Martin is running with the DB's at 250-lbs. His ability alone will reserve him a spot in the first 3 RD's of the Draft as a 3-4 OLB.

I wish the Vols would run a 3-4 DEF.

LDE: DeMonte Bolden
NT: Dan Williams
RDE: Robert Ayers
SLB: Ben Martin
ILB: Ellix Wilson
ILB: Chris Donald (Not really, but a guy can hope!)
WLB: Rico McCoy

With our secondary, we could blitz all day....silly Chavis...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Let's just hope they aren't losing any speed and agility with all this weight-lifting and also focusing on other areas as well. Bench pressing only does so much....
Old 09-02-2008, 03:42 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

VolNation is in full blown panic. It's pathetic. I hope you guys aren't drinking the cyanide-laced Koolaid either. Tonight sucked, but I'll wait until after the first game to decide whether Fulmer deserves to be fired after a spectacular '07 season or if tonight's game was just a bad showing.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:27 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I'm one of those people indeed.... :(