Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-30-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
the dude
Rookie

the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

god, I hate Chelski
Old 04-30-2008, 04:02 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Arne Riise, thank you for your service to Liverpool but goodbye. Some of the poorest defending i've ever seen at such a crucial moment. He cost Liverpool the chance at Moscow.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BABEL!!!!! omg please!!!

Steddy Ambition!
Old 04-30-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** off Liverpool.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:19 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're not the only one pissed by this ******* awful defeat my friend....

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub11 View Post
ronaldo picked up 3 transvestite prostitutes thinking they were women lol

http://goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=678067
And you guys where talking about Ronaldinho not caring about soccer.

Last edited by TheGreatEscape : 04-30-2008 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Too high
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:40 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

UKFan what was your take on the game and what do you think Liverpool needs to do to compete for a title next year? I have my thoughts but you have probably watched Liverpool your whole life so I'd like to get your take.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 05-01-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im just gonna say: HAHAHAHAHHA Ukfan

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 Games to go, which will make or break our season. I'm confident though, we looked very good today even when down to 10 men.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i will be shocked if utd. doesnt do the double....they are in amazing form. And newcastle is going to hold chelsea, just wait!
Old 05-10-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Time to revive this once more in preparation for tomorrow.

So predictions anyone?

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 05-11-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
getwellchad
Veteran

Location: "Hey professor, what's another name for pirate treasure?"
getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Chelsea 2 Bolton 0

Man U 2 Wigan 1

Chelsea beat Man U in CL 3-2
Old 05-11-2008, 07:57 AM    (permalink
trekindude
Rookie

trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

More crucially:

Everton 2 - Newcastle 1
West Ham -1 Villa 1
trekindude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spurs for the win over Liverpool. Right UK?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

CHAMPIONS!

And City lost 8-1!

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 05-13-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apologies I haven't been able to indulge int he banter, I moved house last Friday and just got the internet (shouldn't have had it til next friday, but I got skillz!). Anyway I would like to address a few things

a) Skins, it sounds daft with the money we have spent but we need to spend more money this summer to buildup the overall squad, I feel out first team can compete with anyones, but the depth behind them, especially having to play people such as Riise and Hyypia is not good enough for us. IMO I would like to see Riise, Pennant, Kewell and Voronin shipped out, and see us sign another LB, Striker and RW ideally. CM is a bit of a worry in the sense that Xabi could leave and Mascherano and Lucas are going to play in the Olympics, but it seems we have Barry coming in, and I think Stevie G will move back to CM next year if a striker comes in.

b) Renji... you suck! :(

c) Nope Caddy, LFC for the win, and Voronin scored, owch that has got to hurt. But in all fairness, Spurs have a bright future IMO.

d) Congrats to Man U, now go and win the CL, I hate the Mancs, but I can't stomach Chelski!

Old 05-13-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Quick question UK, whenever I watch Liverpool I get the impression that they lack width. I know sometimes its a question of getting your best players on the field and therefore Gerrard is out there but recently you always seem to sign average wide players (Pennant, Benayoun and guys that didn't pan out like Gonzalez etc). I really think that width is United's greatest strength and creates most of our goals and of course quick wingers help with counter attacking.

Now you guys have Torres who'll score 25ish goals per season, I really think that you need to be signing top class wingers (Babel is a good start imo). A target man like Crouch or even Kuyt would work well with Torres if you had wide men add in Stevie G et voila! Wow rant over........

&on a side note just been at work (in a bar) and serving loads of drunken Glaswegians who are in town for the UEFA Cup final.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 05-13-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Babel is a decent LW I agree, and above I did actually note we need a RW, Kuyt was serviceable last year but he's not the long term answer. I'd have liked to have seen the Bentley deal happen, but that seems to have gone down the pan, and Quaresma isnn't on our radar, so unless Rafa goes back to Valencia for Joaquin, or we manage to snare Maxi Rodriguez which was rumoured a while back I'm not sure where we go for a RW. Maybe Paul Anderson who was on loan at Cardiff, I like him.

Also another quick note, look out for Kristzian Nemeth at Liverpool, he might start next year, very good youth / ressie lad.

Ideally I'd like to see a starting team next season looking like this:

4-4-2

Reina
? - Skrtel / Agger - Carragher - Finnan
Babel - Mascherano - Gerrard - ?
Torres - ?

If we can get some real quality in the question marked areas we'll be tough to beat. We are supposed to be signing Phillip Degen at LB, but I'm not too sure about him, RW is a mystery as is Striker.

Problem is the Barry signing makes me think we may stick with the 4-5-1 / 4-2-3-1, in which case we have

Reina
? - Skrtel / Agger - Carragher - Finnan
Mascherano - Barry
Babel - Gerrard - ?
Torres

Hope that kind of made sense

Old 05-13-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

What's this my buddy tells me about the germans getting extra european spot. What have they done recently?
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Are you talking about entry to the Champions League? If so, no next year they're getting 3 teams in as usual.

If not, I've no idea what your on about.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 05-14-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go Devils! So excited for the game against Chelsea.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:20 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post

c) Nope Caddy, LFC for the win, and Voronin scored, owch that has got to hurt. But in all fairness, Spurs have a bright future IMO.
I think Spurs should definitely improve next season, and to be honest I didn't expect us to beat Liverpool. Ramos will clean house but will keep a solid corp together. Unfortunately Berbatov looks like he is on the way out, but if he doesn't want to play for Spurs, might as well cash in. Plus we've been linked to everyone from Eto to Robinho to Villa so I'm sure they'll find a solid replacement.

Oh, and Gareth Bale FTW!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:50 AM    (permalink
trekindude
Rookie

trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Manchester is rammed full of 'Gers fans. Walked into Sainsbury's (a supermarket) and was swamped. Rumour has it the motorway is backed up 4hours too. Crazy.
trekindude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
What's this my buddy tells me about the germans getting extra european spot. What have they done recently?
The only things I can think of is that he's referring to the Intertoto Cup (3 teams from that go into the UEFA Cup, not sure if Germany has entered any teams), or it could be they have a team in through the fairplay thing, I believe a couple of teams are entered into Europe on the basis of fairplay, I think Man City won the fairplay league here (lowest combination of fouls, bookings and dismissals), and some of those go into the UEFA Cup. The whole thing is messy.