Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 3,944
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
"Bill was very involved. He has tremendous respect from me, and I really do listen to his input," Jones said. "He influences the decisions that we make."
Nice. Thanks for proving my point with a Jerry Jones quote. You are a fool.

BTW, BP was ready to take K Williams at 5 that year.

BP also got ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO players for his 3-4.
thats because we wernt running a 3-4. i dont know why you dont get that. we had the #1 ranked defense running a 4-3 so why try to change that. and be careful with your name calling that can get you banned. hate to see that.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,078
Reputation: 41
cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
heres bill 2nd draft
Although the Cowboys didn't select one of the draft's top three runners – Oregon State's Steven Jackson, Virginia Tech's Kevin Jones or Michigan's Chris Perry – they did acquire a player who intrigued coach Bill Parcells.


The Cowboys picked Jones, in part, because Buffalo gave them an offer that was too good to refuse.

About 90 minutes before the Cowboys were supposed to make their first-round pick, Buffalo president/GM Tom Donahoe phoned the Cowboys and talked about giving Dallas its first-round pick next year in exchange for the 22nd pick Saturday.

Eventually, Donahoe offered Dallas second- and fifth-round picks in this draft and the first-round pick in 2005.

After making the deal, Jerry Jones and Parcells each smiled broadly as they stepped out of the draft room to munch on brisket, sausage and fajitas.

Parcells said there's no guarantee a running back will succeed in the NFL no matter where he's drafted, making it easier to pass on Jackson and Kevin Jones.

"In my experience, the running back position in the early picks has one of the highest rates of failure," Parcells said. "The best running back I ever coached [Curtis Martin] is a player we got in the third round."

The Cowboys liked Jackson and Kevin Jones, but didn't think either player was substantially better than Julius Jones.

now, keep spitting out what you think while i show you the facts.
Is that why Larry Lacewell was the first guy BP fired in 2005?

BP was not the decision maker in those drafts. It was Jerra and his boys.

Not one of the things your posts support your point that BP was the mastermind.

BP was along for the ride doing his job -- just like a Secretary does for her boss.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,078
Reputation: 41
cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Parcells arrived in Dallas with a championship resume and a history of quickly rebuilding franchises. Jerry has given Parcells more control and authority than any coach since Johnson but has no banners or trophies to show for it.


Parcells, whose teams have faded in December each of the past two seasons, sounded like a coach searching for answers after the Cowboys lost for the third time in four games. Dallas had not lost consecutive games all season.

on parcells earlier this year.

"His intelligence is off the charts, and that's shown in how he's managed this team and the people on this team," Jerry said. "He's managed all of the moving parts we've had and put us in position for the last month.

we could do this all day. for you to think bill came here and not run the draft his first 2 years just shows your football ignorance. bill does not come here without control.
Name calling ban?

You are the first in line.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: ATL
Posts: 446
Reputation: 10
Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
cowboysforever found this info on roys contract and why he will not get traded.

Quick salary cap tutorial: For cap purposes, signing bonuses are pro-rated over the life of a contract, even though they are actually paid all in one year. This year Roy signed a 5-year deal worth $25.2 million with an $11.1 million signing bonus. So, pro-rating that out, Roy's signing bonus gives a cap hit of $2.22 million a year ($11.1M divided by 5). According to the NFLPA website, Roy's base salary this year was $585K, which means that although he was actually paid $11,685,000 this season, for the purposes of the salary cap he only counted $2,805,000 (base salary of $585,000 + $2.22M pro-rated portion of signing bonus).

Sounds great, right? Pay the player now, but don't use all your cap space. That's how the 'Skins sign those big FA deals every year. But the kicker is that as soon as the player in question is no longer on the team (whether it be due to being released, traded, retirement, whatever), the rest of the pro-rated portion of the bonus is accelerated into the current year for salary cap purposes.

So, again applying the real world numbers as they relate to RW: were he to be released or traded this off-season, the remainder ($8.88M) of his pro-rated signing bonus would count against our cap this year. That's why you never see big name trades in the NFL - if they've gotten paid, they're not getting traded, because no team is going to be willing to take the cap hit.

so knowing this i hope you stop the lets trade roy rants because as you can see it will never happen. was it a mistake to resign him? maybe but its done so lets move on.
Actually Pocket Aces, Roy's signing bonus is not amortized in a straight line. THE ENTIRE CONTRACT IS.

So this year was 5MM (25/5) versus the cap with 585K being base and the rest 4.6MM in signing.

So, the unamoritzed portion of Roy's signing bonus is more like 6MM.

Gotta understand this first before saying what can (and can not) be done.

So .... unless my source is wrong .....

That is why the GMs make those contracts that way -- front load signing bonus into the first few years of the contract and more base into the back.

It makes cutting players easier while giving players the up front money they want.
ok i guess you know more than anybody else. im just giving what other people think are the facts. if i told you the sky was blue im sure you would have an argument for that too if it did not fit your needs.
Call the NFL. They will explain to you how this is done. I did it -- so can you.

ENTIRE CONTRACT is straight line amortized. Not just signing bonus then the salary.
ummm o.k. whatever, i just gave you a complete rundown of his contract and you disagree so....8.8 mill or 6 mill either way its not going to happen.
Whatever?

As I said before, it would be nice if you said. "Yup, you are right. I am wrong. That makes it easier. Even if I disagree on the ultimate premise of trading Roy." and leave it at that.

Instead, you blow off facts and sit tight on the same conclusion. Very stubborn.
right about what? im saying roy will not be traded you are wrong.
So will he or won't he be traded? Should he or should he not?
What is your position on Roy? Play Jerra.

I am saying I dunno if he will. I am saying he should. I am saying the contract is a problem but not insurmountable. I am saying Jerra needs to say all the nice things about Roy in order protect his value. I am saying we don't know Jerra or BP's opinions on Roy Williams.

Right about what you ask? Right about the cap hit for his signing bonus being lower than you propose. Instead you blew it off with "whatever" and saying I am a know it all.

Funny.
no i was saying whatever to calling the n.f.l. thats funny. and you are a "know it all" which is why some people on here have called you a troll, wanted you banned, dont respond to you anymore ect ect... and we do know what bill and jerry think of roy because they just resigned him foe 25 mill. sounds like they like him.
The fact folks here claiming to ignore my posts says more of them than me. I will let my posting history speak for itself and calibrate my opnions based onfacts. Not feelings.

So you think we really understand what Jerra and BP think of Roy? After this season and its results (40% of TDs to TE and FB), I would not be so arrogant to repeat that by sourcing a contract signed in August that needed to be "better" than Adam Archuleta's. Remeber Archuleta, the bench guy in DC.

But you, certainly, are arrogant and a "know it all" as you say. You have no facts or analysis. Just data sparingly used to support the status quo opinions you read in the paper daily.

Again, funny. Luckily I get perverse enjoyment in dealing with folks like you.
Cowboysforever, I agree with some of your opinions. I think the issue here is that in stating them, you come across as an egotist. I'm not name -calling, it's just the vibe I get in reading your posts. I happen to think you're very thorough in the information that you present, whether I agree with it completely or not.
__________________


"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 3,944
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Parcells arrived in Dallas with a championship resume and a history of quickly rebuilding franchises. Jerry has given Parcells more control and authority than any coach since Johnson but has no banners or trophies to show for it.


Parcells, whose teams have faded in December each of the past two seasons, sounded like a coach searching for answers after the Cowboys lost for the third time in four games. Dallas had not lost consecutive games all season.

on parcells earlier this year.

"His intelligence is off the charts, and that's shown in how he's managed this team and the people on this team," Jerry said. "He's managed all of the moving parts we've had and put us in position for the last month.

we could do this all day. for you to think bill came here and not run the draft his first 2 years just shows your football ignorance. bill does not come here without control.
Name calling ban?

You are the first in line.
football ignorance is not name calling. calling some one a fool is. if you cant see bill ran these drafts with the quotes ive giving by bill then you just dont want to admit your wrong. but its ok everybody else here knows you are.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,078
Reputation: 41
cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
"Bill was very involved. He has tremendous respect from me, and I really do listen to his input," Jones said. "He influences the decisions that we make."
Nice. Thanks for proving my point with a Jerry Jones quote. You are a fool.

BTW, BP was ready to take K Williams at 5 that year.

BP also got ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO players for his 3-4.
thats because we wernt running a 3-4. i dont know why you dont get that. we had the #1 ranked defense running a 4-3 so why try to change that. and be careful with your name calling that can get you banned. hate to see that.
Circular reference.

They were not runnign the 3-4 because a) Jerra managed the drafts for two years, b) Jerra required BP to keep the entire Campo staff except Camp, and c) we only drafted 3-4 players in 2005 after BP started cleaning house.

Come on. I am not saying BP has done a great job because he has not but to say he is 4 years into this is just wrong from the player personnel persepctive.

From a pure player personnel perspective. 2 years. For crying out loud he completely missed the 2004 combine?????

He just does not have total control and in fact much less than Belichick and a few others folks love here. He got stuck with TO, Zimmer, Campo's coaches, and a few other things in 2003.

I am done here. You want to believe what you want to believe. Show me facts (actions taken) to support your point of view.

Not empty Jerry GM words to prove what I am saying.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,078
Reputation: 41
cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Parcells arrived in Dallas with a championship resume and a history of quickly rebuilding franchises. Jerry has given Parcells more control and authority than any coach since Johnson but has no banners or trophies to show for it.


Parcells, whose teams have faded in December each of the past two seasons, sounded like a coach searching for answers after the Cowboys lost for the third time in four games. Dallas had not lost consecutive games all season.

on parcells earlier this year.

"His intelligence is off the charts, and that's shown in how he's managed this team and the people on this team," Jerry said. "He's managed all of the moving parts we've had and put us in position for the last month.

we could do this all day. for you to think bill came here and not run the draft his first 2 years just shows your football ignorance. bill does not come here without control.
Name calling ban?

You are the first in line.
football ignorance is not name calling. calling some one a fool is. if you cant see bill ran these drafts with the quotes ive giving by bill then you just dont want to admit your wrong. but its ok everybody else here knows you are.
You must have been raised on Bill Clinton and "depends on what the definition of is, is." Or better yet Al Gore's "there was not controlling authority."

Whatever kid.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 3,944
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
"Bill was very involved. He has tremendous respect from me, and I really do listen to his input," Jones said. "He influences the decisions that we make."
Nice. Thanks for proving my point with a Jerry Jones quote. You are a fool.

BTW, BP was ready to take K Williams at 5 that year.

BP also got ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO players for his 3-4.
thats because we wernt running a 3-4. i dont know why you dont get that. we had the #1 ranked defense running a 4-3 so why try to change that. and be careful with your name calling that can get you banned. hate to see that.
Circular reference.

They were not runnign the 3-4 because a) Jerra managed the drafts for two years, b) Jerra required BP to keep the entire Campo staff except Camp, and c) we only drafted 3-4 players in 2005 after BP started cleaning house.

Come on. I am not saying BP has done a great job because he has not but to say he is 4 years into this is just wrong from the player personnel persepctive.

From a pure player personnel perspective. 2 years. For crying out loud he completely missed the 2004 combine?????

He just does not have total control and in fact much less than Belichick and a few others folks love here. He got stuck with TO, Zimmer, Campo's coaches, and a few other things in 2003.

I am done here. You want to believe what you want to believe. Show me facts (actions taken) to support your point of view.

Not empty Jerry GM words to prove what I am saying.
The Cowboys, who spent much of the NFL draft's second day wheeling and dealing, continued to construct a team in coach Bill Parcells' image. In the Cowboys' second draft with Parcells as head coach, it's easy to see the imprint he's putting on the franchise.
Look no further than the selection of Ryan in the fifth round.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,078
Reputation: 41
cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
[quote:6fba36d157="pocketaces"]cowboysforever found this info on roys contract and why he will not get traded.

Quick salary cap tutorial: For cap purposes, signing bonuses are pro-rated over the life of a contract, even though they are actually paid all in one year. This year Roy signed a 5-year deal worth $25.2 million with an $11.1 million signing bonus. So, pro-rating that out, Roy's signing bonus gives a cap hit of $2.22 million a year ($11.1M divided by 5). According to the NFLPA website, Roy's base salary this year was $585K, which means that although he was actually paid $11,685,000 this season, for the purposes of the salary cap he only counted $2,805,000 (base salary of $585,000 + $2.22M pro-rated portion of signing bonus).

Sounds great, right? Pay the player now, but don't use all your cap space. That's how the 'Skins sign those big FA deals every year. But the kicker is that as soon as the player in question is no longer on the team (whether it be due to being released, traded, retirement, whatever), the rest of the pro-rated portion of the bonus is accelerated into the current year for salary cap purposes.

So, again applying the real world numbers as they relate to RW: were he to be released or traded this off-season, the remainder ($8.88M) of his pro-rated signing bonus would count against our cap this year. That's why you never see big name trades in the NFL - if they've gotten paid, they're not getting traded, because no team is going to be willing to take the cap hit.

so knowing this i hope you stop the lets trade roy rants because as you can see it will never happen. was it a mistake to resign him? maybe but its done so lets move on.
Actually Pocket Aces, Roy's signing bonus is not amortized in a straight line. THE ENTIRE CONTRACT IS.

So this year was 5MM (25/5) versus the cap with 585K being base and the rest 4.6MM in signing.

So, the unamoritzed portion of Roy's signing bonus is more like 6MM.

Gotta understand this first before saying what can (and can not) be done.

So .... unless my source is wrong .....

That is why the GMs make those contracts that way -- front load signing bonus into the first few years of the contract and more base into the back.

It makes cutting players easier while giving players the up front money they want.
ok i guess you know more than anybody else. im just giving what other people think are the facts. if i told you the sky was blue im sure you would have an argument for that too if it did not fit your needs.
Call the NFL. They will explain to you how this is done. I did it -- so can you.

ENTIRE CONTRACT is straight line amortized. Not just signing bonus then the salary.
ummm o.k. whatever, i just gave you a complete rundown of his contract and you disagree so....8.8 mill or 6 mill either way its not going to happen.
Whatever?

As I said before, it would be nice if you said. "Yup, you are right. I am wrong. That makes it easier. Even if I disagree on the ultimate premise of trading Roy." and leave it at that.

Instead, you blow off facts and sit tight on the same conclusion. Very stubborn.
right about what? im saying roy will not be traded you are wrong.
So will he or won't he be traded? Should he or should he not?
What is your position on Roy? Play Jerra.

I am saying I dunno if he will. I am saying he should. I am saying the contract is a problem but not insurmountable. I am saying Jerra needs to say all the nice things about Roy in order protect his value. I am saying we don't know Jerra or BP's opinions on Roy Williams.

Right about what you ask? Right about the cap hit for his signing bonus being lower than you propose. Instead you blew it off with "whatever" and saying I am a know it all.

Funny.
no i was saying whatever to calling the n.f.l. thats funny. and you are a "know it all" which is why some people on here have called you a troll, wanted you banned, dont respond to you anymore ect ect... and we do know what bill and jerry think of roy because they just resigned him foe 25 mill. sounds like they like him.
The fact folks here claiming to ignore my posts says more of them than me. I will let my posting history speak for itself and calibrate my opnions based onfacts. Not feelings.

So you think we really understand what Jerra and BP think of Roy? After this season and its results (40% of TDs to TE and FB), I would not be so arrogant to repeat that by sourcing a contract signed in August that needed to be "better" than Adam Archuleta's. Remeber Archuleta, the bench guy in DC.

But you, certainly, are arrogant and a "know it all" as you say. You have no facts or analysis. Just data sparingly used to support the status quo opinions you read in the paper daily.

Again, funny. Luckily I get perverse enjoyment in dealing with folks like you.
Cowboysforever, I agree with some of your opinions. I think the issue here is that in stating them, you come across as an egotist. I'm not name -calling, it's just the vibe I get in reading your posts. I happen to think you're very thorough in the information that you present, whether I agree with it completely or not.[/quote:6fba36d157]

Egoist, no debate there. I believe strongly in my thoughts. I also have no problem changing my mind when presented other idea AS LONG AS they are thorough and factual.

But what I read from others leads me to believe it is no worse in terms of EGOTISTICAL. How much more egotistical to present opinions and conjecture as fact then bash the other person who shows you the facts and some decent analysis? Saying NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA is not too bright or informative. Anyway, lemme watch the Pats game.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,078
Reputation: 41
cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
"Bill was very involved. He has tremendous respect from me, and I really do listen to his input," Jones said. "He influences the decisions that we make."
Nice. Thanks for proving my point with a Jerry Jones quote. You are a fool.

BTW, BP was ready to take K Williams at 5 that year.

BP also got ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO players for his 3-4.
thats because we wernt running a 3-4. i dont know why you dont get that. we had the #1 ranked defense running a 4-3 so why try to change that. and be careful with your name calling that can get you banned. hate to see that.
Circular reference.

They were not runnign the 3-4 because a) Jerra managed the drafts for two years, b) Jerra required BP to keep the entire Campo staff except Camp, and c) we only drafted 3-4 players in 2005 after BP started cleaning house.

Come on. I am not saying BP has done a great job because he has not but to say he is 4 years into this is just wrong from the player personnel persepctive.

From a pure player personnel perspective. 2 years. For crying out loud he completely missed the 2004 combine?????

He just does not have total control and in fact much less than Belichick and a few others folks love here. He got stuck with TO, Zimmer, Campo's coaches, and a few other things in 2003.

I am done here. You want to believe what you want to believe. Show me facts (actions taken) to support your point of view.

Not empty Jerry GM words to prove what I am saying.
The Cowboys, who spent much of the NFL draft's second day wheeling and dealing, continued to construct a team in coach Bill Parcells' image. In the Cowboys' second draft with Parcells as head coach, it's easy to see the imprint he's putting on the franchise.
Look no further than the selection of Ryan in the fifth round.
Please tell me who made that quote up? Because it is wrong on the facts. Plus, using a 5th round pick as support for your conclusion is very very very very very weak. Wow, a 5th rounder as proof???????? LOL.

But did BP have more influence in 2004 than 2003? Likely I guess but that draft was 100% managed by Jerra and Lacewell.

BUT AGAIN, he did not even go to the combine in 2004. So just stop. A coach with GM powers goes to the combine. Period.

That is why the press was freaking about it and speculating BP might quit after one season. Everyone knew BP was told by Jerra -- keep all as is -- and the press thought wow, odd given what we think of BP.

Any person with an analysis of the timeline and HISTORY understands this.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 3,944
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

if we were in a court of law with the "facts" presented by of us this case would be dismissed for lack of evidence on your part. just admit i own you and ill leave you alone.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 3,944
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
"Bill was very involved. He has tremendous respect from me, and I really do listen to his input," Jones said. "He influences the decisions that we make."
Nice. Thanks for proving my point with a Jerry Jones quote. You are a fool.

BTW, BP was ready to take K Williams at 5 that year.

BP also got ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO players for his 3-4.
thats because we wernt running a 3-4. i dont know why you dont get that. we had the #1 ranked defense running a 4-3 so why try to change that. and be careful with your name calling that can get you banned. hate to see that.
Circular reference.

They were not runnign the 3-4 because a) Jerra managed the drafts for two years, b) Jerra required BP to keep the entire Campo staff except Camp, and c) we only drafted 3-4 players in 2005 after BP started cleaning house.

Come on. I am not saying BP has done a great job because he has not but to say he is 4 years into this is just wrong from the player personnel persepctive.

From a pure player personnel perspective. 2 years. For crying out loud he completely missed the 2004 combine?????

He just does not have total control and in fact much less than Belichick and a few others folks love here. He got stuck with TO, Zimmer, Campo's coaches, and a few other things in 2003.

I am done here. You want to believe what you want to believe. Show me facts (actions taken) to support your point of view.

Not empty Jerry GM words to prove what I am saying.
The Cowboys, who spent much of the NFL draft's second day wheeling and dealing, continued to construct a team in coach Bill Parcells' image. In the Cowboys' second draft with Parcells as head coach, it's easy to see the imprint he's putting on the franchise.
Look no further than the selection of Ryan in the fifth round.
Please tell me who made that quote up? Because it is wrong on the facts. Plus, using a 5th round pick as support for your conclusion is very very very very very weak.

But did BP have more influence in 2004 than 2003. Likely I guess.

BUT AGAIN, he did not even go to the combine in 2004. So just stop. A coach with GM powers goes to the combine. Period.
see here is the problem, when you get proven wrong its made up. but again everybody here knows what your about and i proved you wrong. this has gone on long enough people are going to start to feel sorry for you so im done case closed
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,078
Reputation: 41
cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
if we were in a court of law with the "facts" presented by of us this case would be dismissed for lack of evidence on your part. just admit i own you and ill leave you alone.
ROTFLMAO! Only in your bubble.

To me, you are not much in terms of a debater. Just another person with an uninformed opinion. You don't present much beyond google fetched quotes and then misuse them to try and support an incorrect opinion.

Incredible. But hey man. It is the internet and it is a blog and 30% of the people inhe USA think President Bush knew about 9-11 before it happened.

So. Anyway.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,078
Reputation: 41
cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
"Bill was very involved. He has tremendous respect from me, and I really do listen to his input," Jones said. "He influences the decisions that we make."
Nice. Thanks for proving my point with a Jerry Jones quote. You are a fool.

BTW, BP was ready to take K Williams at 5 that year.

BP also got ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO players for his 3-4.
thats because we wernt running a 3-4. i dont know why you dont get that. we had the #1 ranked defense running a 4-3 so why try to change that. and be careful with your name calling that can get you banned. hate to see that.
Circular reference.

They were not runnign the 3-4 because a) Jerra managed the drafts for two years, b) Jerra required BP to keep the entire Campo staff except Camp, and c) we only drafted 3-4 players in 2005 after BP started cleaning house.

Come on. I am not saying BP has done a great job because he has not but to say he is 4 years into this is just wrong from the player personnel persepctive.

From a pure player personnel perspective. 2 years. For crying out loud he completely missed the 2004 combine?????

He just does not have total control and in fact much less than Belichick and a few others folks love here. He got stuck with TO, Zimmer, Campo's coaches, and a few other things in 2003.

I am done here. You want to believe what you want to believe. Show me facts (actions taken) to support your point of view.

Not empty Jerry GM words to prove what I am saying.
The Cowboys, who spent much of the NFL draft's second day wheeling and dealing, continued to construct a team in coach Bill Parcells' image. In the Cowboys' second draft with Parcells as head coach, it's easy to see the imprint he's putting on the franchise.
Look no further than the selection of Ryan in the fifth round.
Please tell me who made that quote up? Because it is wrong on the facts. Plus, using a 5th round pick as support for your conclusion is very very very very very weak.

But did BP have more influence in 2004 than 2003. Likely I guess.

BUT AGAIN, he did not even go to the combine in 2004. So just stop. A coach with GM powers goes to the combine. Period.
see here is the problem, when you get proven wrong its made up. but again everybody here knows what your about and i proved you wrong. this has gone on long enough people are going to start to feel sorry for you so im done case closed
What was it you said is not an insult but really is ... uh yeah .. you are football ignorant. Hope your poker play is better than your football thinkin'

Good luck not burning the fries.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: ATL
Posts: 446
Reputation: 10
Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
[quote:47517e5f94="cowboysforever"][quote:47517e5f94="pocketaces"]cowboysforever found this info on roys contract and why he will not get traded.

Quick salary cap tutorial: For cap purposes, signing bonuses are pro-rated over the life of a contract, even though they are actually paid all in one year. This year Roy signed a 5-year deal worth $25.2 million with an $11.1 million signing bonus. So, pro-rating that out, Roy's signing bonus gives a cap hit of $2.22 million a year ($11.1M divided by 5). According to the NFLPA website, Roy's base salary this year was $585K, which means that although he was actually paid $11,685,000 this season, for the purposes of the salary cap he only counted $2,805,000 (base salary of $585,000 + $2.22M pro-rated portion of signing bonus).

Sounds great, right? Pay the player now, but don't use all your cap space. That's how the 'Skins sign those big FA deals every year. But the kicker is that as soon as the player in question is no longer on the team (whether it be due to being released, traded, retirement, whatever), the rest of the pro-rated portion of the bonus is accelerated into the current year for salary cap purposes.

So, again applying the real world numbers as they relate to RW: were he to be released or traded this off-season, the remainder ($8.88M) of his pro-rated signing bonus would count against our cap this year. That's why you never see big name trades in the NFL - if they've gotten paid, they're not getting traded, because no team is going to be willing to take the cap hit.

so knowing this i hope you stop the lets trade roy rants because as you can see it will never happen. was it a mistake to resign him? maybe but its done so lets move on.
Actually Pocket Aces, Roy's signing bonus is not amortized in a straight line. THE ENTIRE CONTRACT IS.

So this year was 5MM (25/5) versus the cap with 585K being base and the rest 4.6MM in signing.

So, the unamoritzed portion of Roy's signing bonus is more like 6MM.

Gotta understand this first before saying what can (and can not) be done.

So .... unless my source is wrong .....

That is why the GMs make those contracts that way -- front load signing bonus into the first few years of the contract and more base into the back.

It makes cutting players easier while giving players the up front money they want.
ok i guess you know more than anybody else. im just giving what other people think are the facts. if i told you the sky was blue im sure you would have an argument for that too if it did not fit your needs.
Call the NFL. They will explain to you how this is done. I did it -- so can you.

ENTIRE CONTRACT is straight line amortized. Not just signing bonus then the salary.
ummm o.k. whatever, i just gave you a complete rundown of his contract and you disagree so....8.8 mill or 6 mill either way its not going to happen.
Whatever?

As I said before, it would be nice if you said. "Yup, you are right. I am wrong. That makes it easier. Even if I disagree on the ultimate premise of trading Roy." and leave it at that.

Instead, you blow off facts and sit tight on the same conclusion. Very stubborn.
right about what? im saying roy will not be traded you are wrong.
So will he or won't he be traded? Should he or should he not?
What is your position on Roy? Play Jerra.

I am saying I dunno if he will. I am saying he should. I am saying the contract is a problem but not insurmountable. I am saying Jerra needs to say all the nice things about Roy in order protect his value. I am saying we don't know Jerra or BP's opinions on Roy Williams.

Right about what you ask? Right about the cap hit for his signing bonus being lower than you propose. Instead you blew it off with "whatever" and saying I am a know it all.

Funny.
no i was saying whatever to calling the n.f.l. thats funny. and you are a "know it all" which is why some people on here have called you a troll, wanted you banned, dont respond to you anymore ect ect... and we do know what bill and jerry think of roy because they just resigned him foe 25 mill. sounds like they like him.
The fact folks here claiming to ignore my posts says more of them than me. I will let my posting history speak for itself and calibrate my opnions based onfacts. Not feelings.

So you think we really understand what Jerra and BP think of Roy? After this season and its results (40% of TDs to TE and FB), I would not be so arrogant to repeat that by sourcing a contract signed in August that needed to be "better" than Adam Archuleta's. Remeber Archuleta, the bench guy in DC.

But you, certainly, are arrogant and a "know it all" as you say. You have no facts or analysis. Just data sparingly used to support the status quo opinions you read in the paper daily.

Again, funny. Luckily I get perverse enjoyment in dealing with folks like you.
Cowboysforever, I agree with some of your opinions. I think the issue here is that in stating them, you come across as an egotist. I'm not name -calling, it's just the vibe I get in reading your posts. I happen to think you're very thorough in the information that you present, whether I agree with it completely or not.[/quote:47517e5f94]

Egoist, no debate there. I believe strongly in my thoughts. I also have no problem changing my mind when presented other idea AS LONG AS they are thorough and factual.

But what I read from others leads me to believe it is no worse in terms of EGOTISTICAL. How much more egotistical to present opinions and conjecture as fact then bash the other person who shows you the facts and some decent analysis? Saying NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA is not too bright or informative. Anyway, lemme watch the Pats game.[/quote:47517e5f94]

Maybe you're right. Maybe all of us are to blame for inciting all of this rhetoric that has no place in a forum about the Dallas Cowboys. We're all here for the same purpose are we not? Debate should be encouraged, but not at the risk of juvenile banter.
__________________


"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 3,944
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

i wonder why parcells came here and kept the assistant coaches like he did. was it because he had no control or perhaps it was because

Jones or no Jones, it's still the Cowboys, and that's the best part. Drawn to the team, perhaps innately, he has come here almost alone, a man starting over.

Most of his longtime assistant coaches were unavailable. The only veteran is offensive coordinator Maurice Carthon, Parcells' running back coach with the New England Patriots and the Jets.

Bill Belichick, once Parcells' defensive genius with the Giants, is now the Patriots' head coach. Several Belichick assistants were Parcells guys. Tom Coughlin, another Parcells assistant, is out of work, fired from the head job in Jacksonville. Parcells says he unofficially offered Coughlin a job, but his friend passed.

yeah bill just took the job for the money with no say so in personell or coaching staff.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,078
Reputation: 41
cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
if we were in a court of law with the "facts" presented by of us this case would be dismissed for lack of evidence on your part. just admit i own you and ill leave you alone.
Poet3334, is this what you mean about juvenile? Is that the new word in the 18-25 Demographic -- "I own you." We used to say "I schooled you." I think it more erudite and pleasant.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
$KidCowboy$
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 207
Reputation: 21236
$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Yo, all three of you are awesome.
SO HOW ABOUT THE DRAFT
__________________

Thanks Tobzilla
$KidCowboy$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 3,944
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
if we were in a court of law with the "facts" presented by of us this case would be dismissed for lack of evidence on your part. just admit i own you and ill leave you alone.
Poet3334, is this what you mean about juvenile? Is that the new word in the 18-25 Demographic -- "I own you." We used to say "I schooled you." I think it more erudite and pleasant.
awww im sorry i hurt your feelings. i know after getting shut down like you did you must be ultra sensitive right now. my bad. so i schooled you then.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,078
Reputation: 41
cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

[quote="pocketaces"]yeah bill just took the job for the money with no say so in personell or coaching staff.[/quote]

Yes, very little say. It was a "partnership" as Jerry kept repeating. BP got a few of his assistants like Sparano though but overall ..... By Stephen Hawkins of The Associated Press

Parcells said he agreed to a "partnership" with Jones and that he accepted the owner would have the final say in many decisions — although neither man gave details of how they will work together.

"There will be changes here, there's no doubt about that," Parcells said.

Jones said he already has given Parcells "prior approval" on any changes he wants to make with the coaching staff.


And yet none where in Player Personnel. He kep most of the D staff too. Mostly the O got chagned.

Interesting article which references scrapping no-performing players if they don't perform .....

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...auer120806.htm
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,078
Reputation: 41
cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
if we were in a court of law with the "facts" presented by of us this case would be dismissed for lack of evidence on your part. just admit i own you and ill leave you alone.
Poet3334, is this what you mean about juvenile? Is that the new word in the 18-25 Demographic -- "I own you." We used to say "I schooled you." I think it more erudite and pleasant.
awww im sorry i hurt your feelings. i know after getting shut down like you did you must be ultra sensitive right now. my bad. so i schooled you then.
ROTFLMAO. What an infantile, intellectual lightweight. Go away flea brain.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 3,944
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
if we were in a court of law with the "facts" presented by of us this case would be dismissed for lack of evidence on your part. just admit i own you and ill leave you alone.
Poet3334, is this what you mean about juvenile? Is that the new word in the 18-25 Demographic -- "I own you." We used to say "I schooled you." I think it more erudite and pleasant.
awww im sorry i hurt your feelings. i know after getting shut down like you did you must be ultra sensitive right now. my bad. so i schooled you then.
ROTFLMAO. What an infantile, intellectual lightweight. Go away flea brain.
ouch that hurt sob :( :(
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,078
Reputation: 41
cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

A few more on the BP hiring and how it went down....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasqu...n/1485334.html

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0102/1486315.html

I particularly liked this BP Quote "I understand firstly that I'm an employee of the Dallas Cowboys and we have an order in place,'' Parcells said. "I do know that if it were ever to come down to where there were disagreements, which I don't think there will be, that the ownership will prevail in that regard.''

I agree that BP has done an OK job coaching but good job on player personnel matters.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: ATL
Posts: 446
Reputation: 10
Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by $KidCowboy$
Yo, all three of you are awesome.
SO HOW ABOUT THE DRAFT
Come on guys. Nice digression with the draft talk Kid. I'm thinking Rush end/backer, corner, and guard in no particular order in the first 3 rounds. The only deviation being picking up a guard in free agency. If that's the case, I think we'll go wide receiver.
__________________


"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: ATL
Posts: 446
Reputation: 10
Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
if we were in a court of law with the "facts" presented by of us this case would be dismissed for lack of evidence on your part. just admit i own you and ill leave you alone.
Poet3334, is this what you mean about juvenile? Is that the new word in the 18-25 Demographic -- "I own you." We used to say "I schooled you." I think it more erudite and pleasant.
Cowboysforever, I never thought I would ever see someone use the word "erudite" on a message board. That is awesome :)
__________________


"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.