Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-14-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
A few more on the BP hiring and how it went down....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasqu...n/1485334.html

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0102/1486315.html

I particularly liked this BP Quote "I understand firstly that I'm an employee of the Dallas Cowboys and we have an order in place,'' Parcells said. "I do know that if it were ever to come down to where there were disagreements, which I don't think there will be, that the ownership will prevail in that regard.''

I agree that BP has done an OK job coaching but good job on player personnel matters.
good read. this was my favorite quote

Jerry Jones, of course, will retain his title as general manager but Parcells will be able to shape his roster and will have significant input in draft decisions.

"Jerry isn't going to force any player onto Bill," said a source close to the negotiations, "and he's smart enough to know Bill wouldn't let him anyway."
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:
Originally Posted by $KidCowboy$
Yo, all three of you are awesome.
SO HOW ABOUT THE DRAFT
Come on guys. Nice digression with the draft talk Kid. I'm thinking Rush end/backer, corner, and guard in no particular order in the first 3 rounds. The only deviation being picking up a guard in free agency. If that's the case, I think we'll go wide receiver.
Someone presented what I felt was an interesting idea of trading up for Marshawn Lynch or Adrian Peterson. I love that idea if moving up. Another idea if moving up is Alan Branch if he falls to 8/9/10.

Not sure we have much to get there but if discussing maybes .....

Agree with others FS or SS is not something for 1st or 2nd this year.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:

I particularly liked this BP Quote "I understand firstly that I'm an employee of the Dallas Cowboys and we have an order in place,'' Parcells said. "I do know that if it were ever to come down to where there were disagreements, which I don't think there will be, that the ownership will prevail in that regard.''

I agree that BP has done an OK job coaching but good job on player personnel matters.

Jerry Jones, of course, will retain his title as general manager but Parcells will be able to shape his roster and will have significant input in draft decisions.

"Jerry isn't going to force any player onto Bill," said a source close to the negotiations, "and he's smart enough to know Bill wouldn't let him anyway."
Again, I use your dimness against you. So explain TO?

To me that quote is pure BS and proven so. You just are not the sharpest tool in the shed.

As I said you pull random data points to support your point but they lack analysis to support a conclusion.

And funny enuff, TO happened AFTER BP got more control. Imagine in 2003 and 2004?
Old 01-14-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

To me that quote is pure BS and proven so. You just are not the sharpest tool in the shed.

As I said you pull random data points to support your point but they lack analysis to support a conclusion.
it was your article twit. explain t.o.? jerry wanted him and bill said yes. simple as that. i dont know why its so hard for you to admit that bill has not done his job here. look at his record. look at his playoff record. pull down your parcells poster and just look at the facts no matter how much it hurts.

as for the trade up idea, ty.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
SO HOW ABOUT THE DRAFT
Come on guys. Nice digression with the draft talk Kid. I'm thinking Rush end/backer, corner, and guard in no particular order in the first 3 rounds. The only deviation being picking up a guard in free agency. If that's the case, I think we'll go wide receiver.
Someone presented what I felt was an interesting idea of trading up for Marshawn Lynch or Adrian Peterson. I love that idea if moving up. Another idea if moving up is Alan Branch if he falls to 8/9/10.

I would love to have Alan Branch here. Talk about pushing the pocket! I wouldn't be opposed to a back like Lynch. I think he's lasting longer than Peterson if and when he finally declares. I agree with you on the ammo to get them. We may not have it.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

it was your article twit. explain t.o.? jerry wanted him and bill said yes. simple as that. i dont know why its so hard for you to admit that bill has not done his job here. look at his record. look at his playoff record. pull down your parcells poster and just look at the facts no matter how much it hurts.

as for the trade up idea, ty.
Yeah, you used one of the articles to try and make an incorrect point about Bill Parcells control of player personnel decisions.

You used a quote incorrectly and it was immediately proven to be an incorrect quote by an anonymous source.

Jerry has final say. Just like George Steinbrenner. How much influence Stenibrenner or Jerry allows other to have depends on his moods.

2005 and 2006 drafts scream Parcells. 2003 and 2004 scream Jerra.

2003 and 2004 Player Personnel Dept screams Jerra. 2005 and 2006 screams Parcells.

How much BP could do in 2003 and 2004 is subject to debate but the RESULTS of those drafts are BP did not get one "BP type guy" in the early rounds and he got no Defensive Players for his precious 3-4.

So while BP has done a medicore XOXO job with this team.... the transformation of this franchise and roster is only 2-3 years in. Not 4 as the BP haters say.

Cheers kiddo.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

[quote="Poet3334"]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
SO HOW ABOUT THE DRAFT

I would love to have Alan Branch here. Talk about pushing the pocket! I wouldn't be opposed to a back like Lynch. I think he's lasting longer than Peterson if and when he finally declares. I agree with you on the ammo to get them. We may not have it.[/quote

everything im seeing has adrian going 3rd to clevland or 8th to houston. i proposed trading our 1st and 3rd along with j.j. to houston for the 8th pick. thats if clevland passes on him at 3. dont know if that would be enough or not but would love to get him.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
SO HOW ABOUT THE DRAFT

I would love to have Alan Branch here. Talk about pushing the pocket! I wouldn't be opposed to a back like Lynch. I think he's lasting longer than Peterson if and when he finally declares. I agree with you on the ammo to get them. We may not have it.
You know what drives me nuts about this draft .... between 15 - 25 there is little to no difference in talent.

So unless you move up big time you might as well move down ..... UNFORTUNATELY every team knows this.

If, god willing, you find a team with an early 2nd and 3rd Rounder that is willing to get rid of it for a specific players in that 15-25 slot then you make the trade it seems.

Look at Denver last year to get Cutler. Gave up a bit to get into the top 15 (11?).

Lynch does not get past Greenbay
Old 01-14-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

[quote="pocketaces"]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
SO HOW ABOUT THE DRAFT

I would love to have Alan Branch here. Talk about pushing the pocket! I wouldn't be opposed to a back like Lynch. I think he's lasting longer than Peterson if and when he finally declares. I agree with you on the ammo to get them. We may not have it.[/quote

everything im seeing has adrian going 3rd to clevland or 8th to houston. i proposed trading our 1st and 3rd along with j.j. to houston for the 8th pick. thats if clevland passes on him at 3. dont know if that would be enough or not but would love to get him.
Can you imagine Houston giving away another franchise Running Back? But Branch or AP is sweat.

I think Lynch can be better and save yoursleves about 6 slots, plus Lynch can catch the ball. AP has that short coming if you ask me.

Here is the good news. Last year DeAngelo Williams was considered top 10 talent but slipped so maybe we can get lucky and pick up a top 10 talent like Lynch.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

[quote="pocketaces"]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
SO HOW ABOUT THE DRAFT

The more I think about it, the more I'd like a stud back Peterson. I'd also love a hellified pass rusher like Woodley too.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Old 01-14-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

[quote="Poet3334"]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
SO HOW ABOUT THE DRAFT

The more I think about it, the more I'd like a stud back Peterson. I'd also love a hellified pass rusher like Woodley too.
Unless Woodley runs a 4.5 he is going in the second. BUT BUT this is the reason why trading a 1 for an early 2/3 with a team like Cleveland or Houston makes sens to me.

Two 2 and two 3s. We can pick up an edge rusher (woodley or Moss), a talented guard (Grubbs or Ramirez), a talented WR (Smardjia or Gonzalez) and a talented CB/S (Piscatelli or J Wilson or T Brown).

Not starters but guys who can develop and help in case in injruy of in nickel, etc.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

[quote="cowboysforever"]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
SO HOW ABOUT THE DRAFT

Unless Woodley runs a 4.5 he is going in the second. BUT BUT this is the reason why trading a 1 for an early 2/3 with a team like Cleveland or Houston makes sens to me.

Two 2 and two 3s.
I can see that happening. Anyone know what Woodley does run?

Albert Camus
Old 01-14-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

[quote="Poet3334"]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
SO HOW ABOUT THE DRAFT

Two 2 and two 3s.
I can see that happening. Anyone know what Woodley does run?
Out of High School they say he ran between 4.62 and 4.67. He reminds me of a shorter, more powerful Terrell Suggs.

Issue with Woodley is failed as a 4-3 OLB and was moved to DE so lots of questions over his speed and ability to play in space.

But rushing? Yeah, he knows how to do that.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

[quote="cowboysforever"]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
SO HOW ABOUT THE DRAFT

Can you imagine Houston giving away another franchise Running Back? But Branch or AP is sweat.

I think Lynch can be better and save yoursleves about 6 slots, plus Lynch can catch the ball. AP has that short coming if you ask me.

Here is the good news. Last year DeAngelo Williams was considered top 10 talent but slipped so maybe we can get lucky and pick up a top 10 talent like Lynch.
we would need to trade up as soon as clevland picks to not let houston get to tempted. a.d. can catch he just wasnt used very often. he worked hard on it through the off season. i dont know alot about lynch but a back like adrian doest come around very offten. hes the total package imo.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

[quote="pocketaces"]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
SO HOW ABOUT THE DRAFT

we would need to trade up as soon as clevland picks to not let houston get to tempted. a.d. can catch he just wasnt used very often. he worked hard on it through the off season. i dont know alot about lynch but a back like adrian doest come around very offten. hes the total package imo.
Only perceived factual negative to AP is the injury thing. But he is a stud that would look great in the Cowboy uniform.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I havent really followed this thread and dont feel like reading through 50 pages. Im guessing alot of draft talk going on here. What do you guys think about drafting 2 DB's, one a CB on day one and the other a FS/CB one that can play either position, on day two?

That would make the most sense to me.

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

[quote="cowboysforever"]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
SO HOW ABOUT THE DRAFT

Only perceived factual negative to AP is the injury thing. But he is a stud that would look great in the Cowboy uniform.
Totally agree

Albert Camus
Old 01-14-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

If there are two VERY VERY lucky coaches in this year's playoffs mark down Belichick and Peyton.

Both guys should have lost and both guys got HUGE breaks at the end of the game.

Peyton moreso than Belichick but not by much.

God, it really helps when you get some breaks in the playoffs.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
DaRkNiGht08
Rookie

DaRkNiGht08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Why are we talking about drafting Peterson or Lynch? Its not going to happen because

1. We have Parcells who isnt known to be aggressive
2. They are going top 10
3. We have two capable backs
DaRkNiGht08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chargers seem to have the shoot yourself in the foot problem as the Giants did. Surprisingly bad discipline.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkNiGht08
Why are we talking about drafting Peterson or Lynch? Its not going to happen because

2. They are going top 10
One opinion of many.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:

2. They are going top 10
we were talking about trading up and getting a stud back and making jj part of the trade. lynch wont go top 10 imo
Old 01-14-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Chargers seem to have the shoot yourself in the foot problem as the Giants did. Surprisingly bad discipline.
Don't have to read about Tomlinson and Merriman any more. So, some good news.

Go Indy and Chicago. Go Indy.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:

2. They are going top 10
we were talking about trading up and getting a stud back and making jj part of the trade. lynch wont go top 10 imo
Lynch is a 10-15 guy.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
DaRkNiGht08
Rookie

DaRkNiGht08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Our team will stay like this untill Parcells leaves. He is too soft, conservative and old school. The game has evolved. Parcells goes for players with respect and good family history iinstead of players with speed, swagger and hunger. Parcells was given soo much talent, but the still he wasnt able totake them to beyond first round. He gives them the show me speech? wWTF is that I want my coach to get up and ******* give me a god**** speech instead of saying okay guys quit talking and start showing.. I hope retires. Zimmer is already gone, so thats a step forward. With Parcells here, We will never draft Peterson or even Lynch.

sorrykthxbye