Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
The Magic are better off without picks, especially first rounders because they are just awful at drafting, only good pick was Dwight Howard but that was because they were given the first pick. Look at their recent first rounders:
-JJ Redick:Passed on the likes of Ronnie Brewer, Rodney Carney, and Rajon Rondo.
-Fran Vasquez: Wasn't even lottery talent and has looked the furthest from an NBA player even this past year in the Spanish ABC, they passed on most notably Danny Granger who I at the time I was sure they would take. Having Granger would have really saved them from the disaster of a signing in Rashard Lewis.
-Drafted Anderson Varejao in the 2nd round, would have been a good pick except they traded him along with Drew Gooden and Tony Battie, for what would be Tony Battie, Martynas Andriuskevicius, and James Augustine who they drafted btw right in front of guys like Daniel Gibson and Paul Milsap.
-15th pick in 2003 they draft Reece Gaines, lol.
-Same year drafted Zaza Pachulia in the second round, again another solid pick had they not released him immediately.
-2002 1st round Curtis Borchardt(lol), but traded him immediately for Ryan Humphrey(lol.)
-2001 had two first rounders and took Steven Hunter and Jeryl Sasser, neither of him did squat for them. Took Hunter over two other big men drafted immediately after him in Zach Randolph and Brendan Haywood, and took Sasser right before a fellow position in Gerald Wallace. After the Sasser selection the next 5 or so picks in the draft consisted of the names Gerald Wallace, Samuel Dalembert, Jamaal Tinsely, Tony Parker, and Gilbert Arenas. Top of 2nd round drafted Omar Cook, a huge bust regardless of draft position based on his collegiate show.
Every team has their fair share of draft mistakes that wouldn't look pretty. But this is a major problem Orlando has had. And it has crossed through several past GM's dirty hands. Otis Smith is an idiot. I honestly think that he is one of the stupidest GMs in the league. He doesn't know how to do the job. He doesn't know how to make trades. He doesn't know how to pursue FAs. He doesn't know how to evaluate talent. Well, I'll give him one thing. He knows how to clear cap. That said, he'll outbid himself on signing players. Look no further than Rashard Lewis. OMG. I'm still mad at that contract.

He got lucky with Howard and Hedo. I will say this though. I still like the JJ Redick selection. He can't play D. Yeah, well a lot of guys in the league can't play D, but still can have a good impact off the bench. Redick's shot is deadly and when he does get playing time, I still believe his time will come.

Otis does take the current coach's opinions heavily in his draft plans and we haven't seen what kind of impact SVG has on a draft, so this year will be interesting.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
How so? He can't shoot a lick. Have you seen his shot? It's the ugliest thing in the world. He would've been sitting in the same chair that Redick is sitting in. I don't see how he's a better player than either Keith Bogans or Maurice Evans. But I would like to hear your reasoning.
Brewer was actually top 5 for SG in True Shooting Percentage and played damn good defense for the Jazz.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I am convinced that neither one of these teams want to win this game... one of them pulls away and then gives it all back, and then the other pulls away and gives it right back. This is the weirdest basketball game I have ever seen...
Old 05-16-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

You can never really tell on a lot of these guys, otherwise Seattle wouldn't have thrown in Glen Davis with Ray Allen and the Suns wouldn't have sold Rajon Rondo to the Celtics.

Hell, the Celtics took Joe Johnson and gave him away...
Old 05-16-2008, 10:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Brewer was actually top 5 for SG in True Shooting Percentage and played damn good defense for the Jazz.
Damn good defense?? I pity your opinion of damn good defense then. I don't know where you found or made up the thing called "True Shooting Percentage", but he wasn't anywhere near the top for FG% and it still wouldn't have mattered. He still would've sat his ass on the bench.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Damn good defense?? I pity your opinion of damn good defense then. I don't know where you found or made up the thing called "True Shooting Percentage", but he wasn't anywhere near the top for FG% and it still wouldn't have mattered. He still would've sat his ass on the bench.
He lead in FG percentage for SG's...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-16-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
He lead in FG percentage for SG's...
Link me. I have major doubts about that.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Link me. I have major doubts about that.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/holli...g&seasonType=2

Although it's ESPN Insider, but still. You can search any random NBA related website and find the truth.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-16-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOW...Thats just nasty the way Lebron can shoot a jumper after being in the air that long, from that far away and still put up a good shot...If he can get more consistent with that he will be impossible to guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This James character can play.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:33 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I am convinced that neither one of these teams want to win this game... one of them pulls away and then gives it all back, and then the other pulls away and gives it right back. This is the weirdest basketball game I have ever seen...
That's a pretty good assesmen, it doesn' look like either team is determined t win...Seems like everybody is just relying on the crowd to pick them up during games...Boston plays relaxed because they have home court, and Cleveland seems to always shoot bad and the crowd has to get them through a slump.

Quote:
Old 05-16-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Eddie House should of been getting minutes this entire 2nd half.

EDIT: I can't believe how different Garnett plays on the road.

Quote:
Old 05-16-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

That was a pretty BS charging call and a HORRIBLE non-goaltending call.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
The charging call could have gone either way and while the rules say that a ball that hits the backboard should be a goaltend, that shot had absolutely no chance of going in anyway.

RIP TheManInBlack
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow so LeBron was moving, jumped up into Pierce's chest, while reaching in, basically the 3 basic ways to call a block all in 1, and it's a charge, shocking. It wasn't even 50/50 like the dumb biased ESPN announcers said, it was 100% a block.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
I'll give you the blocking foul, Pierce did dip his shoulder though and they call that charge on Lebron too...The goal tending, yes it was the wrong call but you could barely tell it hit the backboard on the replay so obviously it was a tough call to make, West blocked it immediately after it grazed the padding and it almost looked like he was the first to touch in during the pace of the game...But looking back it should of been goaltending.

Quote:
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

not to sound sexist...but women should not broadcast men's basketball games...I can't listen to it...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
not to sound sexist...but women should not broadcast men's basketball games...I can't listen to it...
She's actually probably ESPN's best besides maybe Van Gundy.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-16-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
that doesn't say much for ESPN...
Old 05-16-2008, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The charging call could have gone either way and while the rules say that a ball that hits the backboard should be a goaltend, that shot had absolutely no chance of going in anyway.
The ball hit the backboard. It's not going to matter anyway...
Old 05-16-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Wow so LeBron was moving, jumped up into Pierce's chest, while reaching in, basically the 3 basic ways to call a block all in 1, and it's a charge, shocking. It wasn't even 50/50 like the dumb biased ESPN announcers said, it was 100% a block.
They have hit Lebron with that same charging call when Pierce was moving plenty of times, so quit the crying over Lebron bit every week it gets old...Pierce dipped his shoulder, they have called Lebron with a charge every time he's dipped his shoulder like that.

Quote:
Old 05-16-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

thank you jesus...now we can go to the LA game...
Old 05-16-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Hey I have an idea, let's kill the clock passing the ball when we are down five. Idiots.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

People really didn't take into account how bad of a coach Doc Rivers is when it matters when they predicted the Celts to win it all.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-16-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bill Walton and Gus Johnson should just announce every game....ever
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote