Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC South Division Forum

NFC South Division Forum Discuss the NFC South

View Poll Results: NFC South's Best: Defensive Backs
Atlanta Falcons 3 9.09%
Carolina Panthers 8 24.24%
New Orleans Saints 2 6.06%
Tampa Bay Bucaneers 20 60.61%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2008, 05:22 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFC South Defensive Backs

Who has the best DBs in the NFC South?

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talib will be a good addition. Barber will be a great mentor for him.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as I'm concerned this one is to difficult to call as all the teams run different defensive schemes so each player would perform differently in each system.

I think it is between Carolina and Tampa Bay as far as talent goes though with both teams having a great stable of corners.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:02 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's Tampa or Carolina for now, and I think there's just a bit more unknown about Tampa than there is about Carolina, so the Panthers get the edge, even though they have to be a bit more consistent. Granted, an improved pass rush would be huge. But Tampa's personnel fit is excellent.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tampa is a bit unproven but Ronde is a very good CB, Tanard Jackson played very well last year and I love Aqib Talibs fit in the tampa 2 even though he is unproven.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
xooberon
Veteran

xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.

the secondary is our D's strength now. with lucas, gamble and marshall there are 3 CB's who could easily start on most teams, chris harris played phenomenally in his first season and although godfrey is an unknown he has the potential to be the impact FS we've been waiting for
xooberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once again I voted the Falcons, and am the lone voter. Chris 'I got beat in 07 but I'm bout to be leet and be in DB heaven due to me making plays' Houston, Chevis 'I'm slow but I'm good to go in zone' Jackson, Lawyer 'I lay down the law' Milloy, Von 'I have a odd name' Hutchins, and Erik 'I hit receivers so hard they go hysteric' Coleman for the win.

The homerism is strong in me.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Once again I voted the Falcons, and am the lone voter. Chris 'I got beat in 07 but I'm bout to be leet and be in DB heaven due to me making plays' Houston, Chevis 'I'm slow but I'm good to go in zone' Jackson, Lawyer 'I lay down the law' Milloy, Von 'I have a odd name' Hutchins, and Erik 'I hit receivers so hard they go hysteric' Coleman for the win.

The homerism is strong in me.
The only things the Falcons DB Corp has a chance at winning in the south is "Group with most nicknames" and "Worst group in the division".

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 11:43 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
The only things the Falcons DB Corp has a chance at winning in the south is "Group with most nicknames" and "Worst group in the division".
Eric 'The Hysteric' Coleman, named after he pops receivers. I like that one. Lawyer 'I lay down the Law' Milloy is good as well.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Bucs. Barber is a great CB and Jackson is a beast.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:12 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like what the Bucs have going...I believe Talib is a pro bowler in the tampa 2 scheme, when he can face the QB and react he is a beast, he only sucks when he has to turn his back to the QB and this scheme won't require that much...Him and Ronde should be an excellent combo next year, and I love what Jackson brings to the table...

Granted, if Godfrey plays excellent at safety I give the nod to the panthers, but he is a bigger question mark to play well at safety then Talib is playing the cover 2, so I vote Bucs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course there is a case to be made with the saints and jason david, what a stud
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Of course there is a case to be made with the saints and jason david, what a stud
lol

I think he gets traded or released. I expect the roster to be like this when the season starts...

LCB, Mike McKenzie
RCB, Randall ***
Nickle, Tracey Porter
Dime, Jason Craft
5th CB, Usama Young

Switch Porter and *** if Porter has a strong showing in Training Camp and the Pre-Season.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote