Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-14-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?editorialAuthor=1

God bless Mickey Spagnola for writing the truth about Roy Williams and why he sucks.

God bless you Mickey. I hope all the Roy lovers read it.

Roy is a failure so far and Spagnola nails it right on the head.

Emperor has no clothes..... hey ya think Mickey is reading this blog and picking up on my posts????

LOLOLOLOLOLLLOLOLOLLOLOOOOLOLOLOLLL>>>>>>

Only the truth will improve this team. All the BS helps no one -- especially the fans.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?editorialAuthor=1

God bless Mickey Spagnola for writing the truth about Roy Williams and why he sucks.

God bless you Mickey. I hope all the Roy lovers read it.

Roy is a failure so far and Spagnola nails it right on the head.

Emperor has no clothes..... hey ya think Mickey is reading this blog and picking up on my posts????

LOLOLOLOLOLLLOLOLOLLOLOOOOLOLOLOLLL>>>>>>

Only the truth will improve this team. All the BS helps no one -- especially the fans.
More interesting is the 11M bonus seems to be 5.5MM for signing and 5.5 roster bonus due in March for 2007 year.

If that is a $5.5MM roster bonus as Spagnola seems to indicate (or is it me praying for a miracle) then we can cut Roy for less than a 1MM cap hit next year if at all.

565K Base Salary + 4.5MM bonus for 2006 = 5MM versus 2006 cap for a 5 year 25MM contract. That leaves 1MM in un amortized bonus.

God please I beg! Like a dream come true.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we move Henry to FS, then we should just sign a guard and Asante Samuel. If we don't move him sign a guard and Ken Hamlin. That way we've adressed our biggest needs in FA. I'd personally like to see us just keep Henry at corner, sign a guard and Ken Hamlin, and then draft this:

1.DeMarcus Tyler, NT, NC State
2.Anthony Gonzalez, WR, Ohio St
3.Mason Crosby, K, Colorado
4.Jonathan Wade, CB, Tennessee
5.Isaiah Stanback, QB, Washington
7.Jacob Ford, DE/OLB, Central Arkansas
7.Uche Nwaneri, OG, Purdue
7.Jacoby Jones, WR, Lane

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
If we move Henry to FS, then we should just sign a guard and Asante Samuel. If we don't move him sign a guard and Ken Hamlin. That way we've adressed our biggest needs in FA. I'd personally like to see us just keep Henry at corner, sign a guard and Ken Hamlin, and then draft this:

7.Jacoby Jones, WR, Lane
Jacob Ford huh? Heard the name before. What can you tell us about him?

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:

7.Jacoby Jones, WR, Lane
If he tests at the Combine forget him in the 7th.

6-5, 252 OLB/tweener..... like every 3-4 team wants those types.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

7.Jacoby Jones, WR, Lane
I actually only saw a little bit of him and I was intruiged. I really want to see more. He's got good athelticism from what I saw, and a I think he could play OLB in the 3-4. I really can't tell you way too much about him, sorry, I just think from what I saw he could be a situational pass rusher that'll be there in the 7th.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

7.Jacoby Jones, WR, Lane
I actually only saw a little bit of him and I was intruiged. I really want to see more. He's got good athelticism from what I saw, and a I think he could play OLB in the 3-4. I really can't tell you way too much about him, sorry, I just think from what I saw he could be a situational pass rusher that'll be there in the 7th.
Yeah he's new to Scott's rankings, he seems to have the size and speed 3-4 teams look for.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

7.Jacoby Jones, WR, Lane
Yeah he's new to Scott's rankings, he seems to have the size and speed 3-4 teams look for.
If he tests like Ware (4.5 with some strength) might as well put him in the second round or higher.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

7.Jacoby Jones, WR, Lane
Thanks guys. I'll do some research.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Old 01-15-2007, 08:17 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

7.Jacoby Jones, WR, Lane
The Gonzalez pick is one that intrigues me. I haven't analyzed the WR's in this draft yet, but he might be one that slips to the 3rd round. He's a good possession receiver with good speed. He didn't have a chance to show off his speed this year because of Ginn.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So do most people here still think that we'll draft a kicker before the 6th round this year?

Gramatica came in and played pretty well this season and said he wants to come back. We also have that arena league guy singed to a futures contract so we have 2 kickers for training camp. I would be happy with Gramatica as our kicker next year. Jerry even said that he learned his lesson about not giving much up for a kicker. I would be shocked if we drafted a kicker before the 6th round and would even be surprised if we got one then or later. Is a rookie kicker going to do better than Gramatica? Look at the success rate for rookie kickers and tell me you want to go through that.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heres some food for thought. Donnie Edwards is gonna be available. Now, the one thing that is missing from the front 7 is a dominant guy who can go sideline to sideline and excell in pass coverage in the middle right?

So Donnie Edwards is perfect. He's the perfect compliment inside to James. He can drop in coverage and has the speed to chase rbs out of the backfield. That would allow James to do what he does best, which is hammer the RB in the run game. Plus, he provides veteran leadership, something this defense needs more of. Plus he could be a great teacher to Carp if Carp eventually moves inside.

It makes sense to me. It would be a cheap signing too. What do you guys think?
Old 01-15-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdallas
So do most people here still think that we'll draft a kicker before the 6th round this year?

Gramatica came in and played pretty well this season and said he wants to come back. We also have that arena league guy singed to a futures contract so we have 2 kickers for training camp. I would be happy with Gramatica as our kicker next year. Jerry even said that he learned his lesson about not giving much up for a kicker. I would be shocked if we drafted a kicker before the 6th round and would even be surprised if we got one then or later. Is a rookie kicker going to do better than Gramatica? Look at the success rate for rookie kickers and tell me you want to go through that.
Yeah, I'm surprised people are still talking about drafting a kicker. Gramatica kicked pretty well for us during that last month, good enough that I stopped hiding my eyes during each field goal attempt (didn't think I needed to worry about the hold :( )

I think we have more needs now than kicker.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Heres some food for thought. Donnie Edwards is gonna be available. Now, the one thing that is missing from the front 7 is a dominant guy who can go sideline to sideline and excell in pass coverage in the middle right?

So Donnie Edwards is perfect. He's the perfect compliment inside to James. He can drop in coverage and has the speed to chase rbs out of the backfield. That would allow James to do what he does best, which is hammer the RB in the run game. Plus, he provides veteran leadership, something this defense needs more of. Plus he could be a great teacher to Carp if Carp eventually moves inside.

Edwards, eh? That's an intriguing thought.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase
Quote:

Edwards, eh? That's an intriguing thought.
I remember when everyone wanted us to trade for him before and I didn't like that idea at all, but if the price was right I would like bringing him in to be a role player in the nickel and certain situations.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:

So who sits and who gets cut?

Ayodele sits? He played better than James and has a big contract (not that this matters IMHO) Fowler gets cut? Edwards can't be cheaper than Fowler. Bradie sits? Ditto the Ayodele argument.

I like the idea but only if we ship off Bradie James or sit him, which no one wants to do b/c he is an alleged "leader" on the D... like Roy Williams.

But Edwards can play....... and better than Bradie IMHO becuz Ayodele was the best LB the last 6 weeks of the season for the Boys. He deserves better then being benched for the benefit of Bradie.

Anyone read the Spagnola article on Roy Williams by the way? I am still happy over that roasting......
Old 01-15-2007, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I actually like the thought of signing Ken Hamlin.

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:23 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

At this point, I would think it is VERY unlikely. In fact, Bradie would actually be more likely to be benched for him, and that isn't happening. Ayodele was very good for us, and he actually does pretty well in coverage, too.

No, the only way that we bring anyone in at ILB is if we decide to give up on one of our two guys there, which is not a situation that is in the cards.

That said, if we could get him in and he was willing to ride the pine for a very modest contract.....ok, I can buy that. But that is even more unlikely than us benching James or Ayodele. I wouldn't mind having a guy with his talents around for our nickel package, though.

But, I want to sound off on SD here for a sec. Is everyone going to freak their gords now that they lost? Are people going to cry in the streets for them to clean house and start over? That team choked in a much more epic sense than our beloved 'Boys did. It was blatantly obvious who the best team on that field was, and they threw it away by committing more turnovers in ONE GAME than they did over a 7 game stretch during the season. And these weren't forced turnovers either. These were idiotic, stupid, bonehead plays that no playoff caliber team makes. Just absolutely mind boggling the way that they fell apart. And where was Lights Out? Didn't see him make one meaningful play all game. I guess it's a lot harder to get to the QB when you have offensive lineman blocking you as opposed to RBs and TEs, huh?

I simply can't believe the way they gave up that game. All I can think of is Parcells' favorite saying : "Dumb players do dumb things". They looked like a bunch of dumb players out there to me.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:29 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
Quote:

At this point, I would think it is VERY unlikely. In fact, Bradie would actually be more likely to be benched for him, and that isn't happening. Ayodele was very good for us, and he actually does pretty well in coverage, too.

No, the only way that we bring anyone in at ILB is if we decide to give up on one of our two guys there, which is not a situation that is in the cards.

That said, if we could get him in and he was willing to ride the pine for a very modest contract.....ok, I can buy that. But that is even more unlikely than us benching James or Ayodele. I wouldn't mind having a guy with his talents around for our nickel package, though.

But, I want to sound off on SD here for a sec. Is everyone going to freak their gords now that they lost? Are people going to cry in the streets for them to clean house and start over? That team choked in a much more epic sense than our beloved 'Boys did. It was blatantly obvious who the best team on that field was, and they threw it away by committing more turnovers in ONE GAME than they did over a 7 game stretch during the season. And these weren't forced turnovers either. These were idiotic, stupid, bonehead plays that no playoff caliber team makes. Just absolutely mind boggling the way that they fell apart. And where was Lights Out? Didn't see him make one meaningful play all game. I guess it's a lot harder to get to the QB when you have offensive lineman blocking you as opposed to RBs and TEs, huh?

I simply can't believe the way they gave up that game. All I can think of is Parcells' favorite saying : "Dumb players do dumb things". They looked like a bunch of dumb players out there to me.
Or Tom Brady's quote that "mentally tough players seem to win games."

But end of the day, if the Cowboys have dumb players what do you do????

If Kitna is saying you ILB (Bradie) with 5 seasons under his belt looks lost in coverage. What do you do?

If Burress is saying your SS with 5 seasons under his belt is called an ankle tackler. What do you do?

These are the only two Cowboys I heard such negative things of by other teams. ....

So what do you do if they are dumb, unprepared, loud and not physically the most explosive players?
Old 01-15-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be awesome if we could get Donnie Edwards. Class player and leader in the 3-4.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdallas

I didn't think Gramatica was all that bad. Better than Vanderjagt and Cundiff but not as good as if we had got Vinatieri.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble
That would be awesome if we could get Donnie Edwards. Class player and leader in the 3-4.
I like it as well. He's not that strong against the run in my opinion, but his other strengths more than make up for that.

Albert Camus
Old 01-15-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
DaRkNiGht08
Rookie

DaRkNiGht08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble
I like it as well. He's not that strong against the run in my opinion, but his other strengths more than make up for that.
And how old is he?

--

I thought we were trying to step away from age?
Old 01-15-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1st Round: DE/OLB Jarvis Moss, Florida

Why stop at Bobby Carpenter with our Linebackers? Get another one and complete the LB Core. Ware on one edge and Moss on the other its hard not to believe that we would have a MUCH improved pass rush for years to come. I love the sound of Ware - Carp - Moss... I think most of us here see Carp moving to the middle eventually. Moss is quite possibly the best 3-4 OLB in the draft...

2nd Round: OG Ben Grubbs, Auburn

An awesome run blocker that we need, and hes young obviously. I think it would be much wiser to draft a OG than signing one through free agency. Grubbs has fantastic potential.

3rd Round: WR Paul Williams, Fresno St.

Has everything you look for in a Wide Receiver. He would replace Owens and Glenn a few years down the road from now which would be great. He could also step in and have a solid impact in his rookie year, complimenting Crayton, Owens, And Glenn...

4th Round: QB Kevin Kolb, Houston

I think its important to have a good backup QB plus I feel there are still some question marks surrounding Romo. Kolb could eventually become a fantastic starting QB in the NFL.

5th Round: FS Dashon Goldson, Washington

Huge sleeper pick here. This kid is loaded with skill though. Can play both Free Safety and Cornerback. Not the fastest player but he plays smart and excels in man coverage. Must become a better wrap up tackler though. Low Risk/High Reward pick...

6th Round: RB Clifton Dawson, Harvard

Dawson has a great mix of power and speed. Not alot a people have heard of him but hes a hidden gem. May get drafted much earlier, 5th or possibly 4th round...

7th Round: NT Antonio Johnson, Mississippi St.

Typical 3-4 Nose tackle that can plug holes, also can overpower O lineman. However hes a little inconsistant, Much better prospect than Montavious Stanley was when he came out.

What you guys think of that draft?

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
cowboyz
Rookie

cowboyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

is jarvis moss polished enough to make a difference as a rookie?

as far as edwards, he'd be a nice pickup, but wrong spot. carpenter could just as easily replace james.

cowboys need a pass rush DE or OLB opposite ware. having better interior defense won't help that much.

he can cover guys, but not for the length of time necessary with a poor pass rush.
cowboyz is offline   Reply With Quote