Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.
Default NFC OR AFC

can the Saints or the Bears beat the Colts or Patriots?

2 NFC Teams have won in the last 9 years (Rams and Buccs)

1 NFC Team have won in the last 6 years (Buccs)

4 NFC Teams have won in the last 15 years (Rams and Buccs and Packers and 49ers)
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: NFC OR AFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend

4 NFC Teams have won in the last 15 years (Rams and Buccs and Packers and 49ers)
I don't know if you can look at the past when talking about this year. This year has been so up and down, that the worst run defense in the league could possibly win the SB. Thats something no one would ever think possible. But that reflects what kind of year it has been.

I absolutely think that the Saints or Bears can beat the Pats or Indy. I think if Indy can beat the Pats, they win the SB this year, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the NFC comes out on top.

If you look at it in terms of parity, there was actually more parity in the AFC than the NFC this year. In the NFC, the 1 is playing the 2.

In the AFC the 3 is playing the 4.

The thing about these final 4 teams is that they all have major flaws that can be exploited. The Bears have an average offense when Grossman is rattled. And their defense hasn't played well as of late. The Saints have a poor defense, and abandon the run too prematurely. The Pats have no credible pass game and their defense could be exploited by the deep ball. The Colts could be had in the run game.

All these teams have major weaknesses. I think the matchups will decide the SB winner moreso than anything else. If your team's weakness goes against the opposing team's strength, that team is the front runner for the SB. But all these teams have exploitable weaknesses and any of these teams can be had.

Im gonna say the AFC wins the SB, but I wouldn't be suprised at all if the NFC won it.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFC...

Brady/Manning haven't played well and their teams are still in the championship game of the much stronger conference. One of them is bound to have a great game leading into the SB.

The Patriots will beat either NFC team if they get in, the Colts I'm not so sure on...
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

though i hate to do this: i am rooting for peyton to win his 1st championship

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin
though i hate to do this: i am rooting for peyton to win his 1st championship
Same here . Since the Bengals weren't in it I figured why not, I get tired of everyone bashing him and just assuming he'll never win one.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with BBD, that the AFC will probably win, but I won't be surprised if the NFC does. The thing with the NFC is, they have comparable power at the top, but their 3-6 seeds most likely wouldn't make the palyoffs, and I'm not sold on the Saints making the AFC Playoffs either, considering they went 1-3 vs. the AFC. The way I see it is, if the Saints get there, the Pats will rough them up too much and win handily. If the Saints vs. the Colts, it should be close, and high scoring, but I see the Colts coming out on top. If the Bears get there, and good Rex shows up, they'll be tough to beat, by either the Colts or Pats. If it's bad Rex, they're ******. If it's mediocre Rex, they have a shot at the Colts, if they can run the ball, but if the Colts D stays good, they won't win. I think the Chargers would have beaten either team, and the Ravens would have beaten the Saints, and probably the Bears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would not be shocked at all to see the Bears or Saints pull it off, but I do see the AFC winning it. I think it is Peyton's year. Once again, they remind me of the St. Louis Cardinalsso I think it will be the AFC.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: NFC OR AFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend

Actually in the last 15 years there have been 8 winners from the NFC. Thats one more than the AFC.

But lets not forget to mention when the NFC won 13 in a row.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell yes the NFC can beat the AFC. Chicago played with and IMO should have beat the Patriots out East when they played them earlier in the year, and that was a game where Rex tanked. The NFC teams still alive can play with the AFC teams that are still alive.

Indy is a scary team to go against but I think both Chicago and New Orleans will beat whoever they face in the Superbowl.

But that's my opinion.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the AFC as a whole is clearly better. they'll probably win the superbowl. i'm rooting for the Saints though.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
the AFC as a whole is clearly better. they'll probably win the superbowl. i'm rooting for the Saints though.
Nah, not you jackalope.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Finlayson56
Rookie

Finlayson56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

NFC wins if the Bears beat the saints
Old 01-15-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Hell yes the NFC can beat the AFC. Chicago played with and IMO should have beat the Patriots out East when they played them earlier in the year, and that was a game where Rex tanked. The NFC teams still alive can play with the AFC teams that are still alive.

Indy is a scary team to go against but I think both Chicago and New Orleans will beat whoever they face in the Superbowl.

But that's my opinion.
Will? I think that's bit strong. "Can" would be a better word though. And I really don't think the Saints could beat the Pats, since they lost to the Steelers, Bengals, and Ravens. I think the Saints can be intimidated by physical teams like the Ravens and Patriots. Could they beat the Colts? Possibly, but I see the Colts taking it. And as I said above, the Bears are the best team left when great Rex shows up.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-15-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Bears are the weakest team left. There defense although great at the start of the season has been medicore for a while now. There Receving corps and run game aren't that good either. Even if Grossman continues to play well it won't be enough.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Florida destoryed Ohio State.

The Cardinals won the World Series.

George Mason made the Final Four.

You better believe that the Saints and Bears can win the Superbowl.

I honestly think it comes down to who the AFC representative team is though. I just think that if the Colts make the Superbowl their going to be pretty hard to stop. The Patriots really aren't that talented, and while they know how to win games, they are beatable.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's all about the QB. In that regard, AFC has a 2:1 advantage over the NFC. I'll take my chances w/the AFC.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy
It's all about the QB. In that regard, AFC has a 2:1 advantage over the NFC. I'll take my chances w/the AFC.
No it's not. Brad Johnson's Bucs destroyed then MVP Rich Gannon's Raiders.

Then unknown Tom Brady's Patriots beat Kurt Warner's high flying offense by hitting them in the mouth.

Defense wins championships.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:

Then unknown Tom Brady's Patriots beat Kurt Warner's high flying offense by hitting them in the mouth.

I hate that phrase. It's just not true. BALANCE wins championships. Sorry about my QB comment tho... it was a bit ambiguous. I didn't mean it that literally. However, the Bears defense, imo, has been playing only above average recently. Also, Grossman is just so much worse than the 3 remaining playoff teams' QBs that it's hard to pick the Bears. In addition, Brad Johnson and Tom Brady were good QBs back then too. Not so much for Sexy Rexy.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In one game anything can happen. I think the best matchup for the NFC to win would be the Saints vs. the Pats. The Saints offense would be able to put alot of points on the board and the Pats would have trouble keeping up.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I hate that phrase. It's just not true. BALANCE wins championships. Sorry about my QB comment tho... it was a bit ambiguous. I didn't mean it that literally. However, the Bears defense, imo, has been playing only above average recently. Also, Grossman is just so much worse than the 3 remaining playoff teams' QBs that it's hard to pick the Bears. In addition, Brad Johnson and Tom Brady were good QBs back then too. Not so much for Sexy Rexy.
I never specifically said the Bears. This year that rule may not apply because the Bears and Pats are the only defenses that are very good.

And Rex played pretty good yesterday. A hell of a lot better than Hass, McNair, Rivers, Peyton ******* Manning, and yes, the golden boy, Tom Brady.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal
In one game anything can happen. I think the best matchup for the NFC to win would be the Saints vs. the Pats. The Saints offense would be able to put alot of points on the board and the Pats would have trouble keeping up.
I think the Patriots would punch the Saints in the mouth, rough up their recievers, and win.

When the Saints played the Ravens earlier in the year, they got beat up.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks_perfection
The Bears are the weakest team left. There defense although great at the start of the season has been medicore for a while now. There Receving corps and run game aren't that good either. Even if Grossman continues to play well it won't be enough.
I respect your opinion but our run game isn't that good? Would you like to back that up? We've had one of the hottest running games as of late in the entire NFL. I won't argue about our WR corps. They're pretty good, but not great, especially if Bradley is out.

If Brees falters, the Saints will lose. Why does everyone just think that Rex is the only QB that can choke this weekend? Drew could throw up a stinker for all we know because he has had some bad games this year.

I honestly think on paper the Pats are the weakest team left. I mean we almost beat them with Very Bad Rexy had the helm that game.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I disagree. When Rex is on, he's as good as anyone. The problem with him is he's not always on. If he's really on the next 2 games, it will be VERY difficult to stop the Bears.

Quote:
Quote: