Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 05-06-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default For all of you t-jack hating thigpen lovers

THIGPEN TO BUMP BRODIE?
Posted by Mike Florio on May 6, 2008, 9:46 p.m.
With the Chiefs using zero of their 12 draft picks on quarterbacks, many presumed that Brodie Croyle would continue as the starter, at least for 2008.

Enter Tyler Thigpen.

Thigpen, a seventh-round pick of the Vikings in 2007 whom coach Brad Childress thought he could slip through waivers and sign to the practice squad before the Chiefs pounced, could challenge Croyle. Not next year, but right now.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Chiefs believe that Thigpen could topple Croyle for the starting job in 2008.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:20 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if thigpin ends up being a star quarterback on the chiefs and the vikings are stuck with tjack being a dumb*** then i will be seriously pissed.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:19 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Chill. JDB is going to be a star in this league. He is Leinart without the baggage.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JDB has been my favorite QB of the draft for a while, part becuase of his name, part because I knew he would fit perfectly on the Vikes, and part because he is awesome. If T-Jack falters at any time I am excited at the prospect of JDB starting for us.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
Chill. JDB is going to be a star in this league. He is Leinart without the baggage.
Star in this league? That's very optimistic. Best case scenario he turns out to be Brad Johnson, worst case he's out of the league in 2 years.

Enter "I'll take a QB who won a Super Bowl" comment from 3 people here.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
Star in this league? That's very optimistic. Best case scenario he turns out to be Brad Johnson, worst case he's out of the league in 2 years.

Enter "I'll take a QB who won a Super Bowl" comment from 3 people here.
Lol I wouldnt even say He won the Superbowl. He controled the game well but that Defense Won that Superbowl for the Bucs.

I thnk Booty will be a Solid back up and could become a good starter in the League but Bringing up Star and Superbowl before he takes a snap in a true NFL game is Ridicoulus.

Too the guy complaining about thigpen and croyle and Jackson. Im sorry but Id take Tarvaris Jackson Week One before Id take Thigpen and Croyle.
More Experience and He has no where else to go than up.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:05 AM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Too the guy complaining about thigpen and croyle and Jackson. Im sorry but Id take Tarvaris Jackson Week One before Id take Thigpen and Croyle.
More Experience and He has no where else to go than up.
i do hope that's not aimed at me. i am a t-jack supporter, and never wanted croyle and never saw the hype for thigpen. croyle sucks, and it wouldnt take much to beat him out for the starting spot.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:27 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russie View Post
i do hope that's not aimed at me. i am a t-jack supporter, and never wanted croyle and never saw the hype for thigpen. croyle sucks, and it wouldnt take much to beat him out for the starting spot.
No it was Directed towards vikes_29.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:10 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
No it was Directed towards vikes_29.
I'm just saying that I don't want to get stuck with Jackson if he's going to suck.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
tylere0814

Like it or not that's the hand we were dealt.

Tjack is explosive, Thigpen is solid but nothing like what TJ brings to the table.

Ya'll should be happy with our situation... it could be alot worse (See: Packers, Bears, Lions, Cheifs, Panthers, etc..)
Old 05-29-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't this jumping the gun a little, what has Thigpen done? I wouldn't read too much into it, if the Chiefs struggle and are picking top 5 because Croyle has a bad year, more then likely they will draft someone like Stafford before anything else.

But I do feel your pain though, for some idiotic reason we cut Matt Moore after everyone was really excited on him and he looks like the future Carolina QB, while he would of been a great understudy to keep on our team...I don't understand those decisions eithers, if you see some sort of potential with a QB you have to keep him around if you have the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylere0814 View Post

Tjack is explosive, Thigpen is solid but nothing like what TJ brings to the table.

Ya'll should be happy with our situation... it could be alot worse (See: Packers, Bears, Lions, Cheifs, Panthers, etc..)
Um, what? How the hell is ours a lot worse or worse at all? If anything ours is better because we have two young talented QBs. The only thing you can say is that Rodgers hasn't started a game so Jackson's more proven, but that's a bs argument because Jackson hasn't proven **** on the field.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:38 AM    (permalink
tylere0814

oh please... a packer fan trying to tell me Rodgers is a better option than Tjack... that just makes me laugh.

Have your Rodgers pretty boy, and if you feel your in a better spot... good for you. I for one understand that experience is key, Rodgers had very little.

Look for the packers to be the bottom dwellers of the NFC North division...Book it
Old 05-30-2008, 05:16 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
oh please... a packer fan trying to tell me Rodgers is a better option than Tjack... that just makes me laugh.

Have your Rodgers pretty boy, and if you feel your in a better spot... good for you. I for one understand that experience is key, Rodgers had very little.

Look for the packers to be the bottom dwellers of the NFC North division...Book it
The only thing Jackson has proven is that he is able to hand the ball off. Sure he's gotten more playing time, but he is no more proven than Rodgers. And experience is good to have, but that by no means makes the better player. I'd take Aaron Rodgers everyday of the week and I'm sure most NFL fans would too.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JD Booty was an absolute steal at this point. I wouldn't be surprised to see Booty take the job in training camp. The guy is smart, accurate, polished, everything you want in a pro QB coming out. He may be even further along in development than Jackson right now in that Jackson came from a small school that didn't have great coaching, didn't run a pro system, and allowed him to try and make lots of plays with his legs while Booty played on the big stage with great coaching, a pro system, against top competion, etc. Watch out for Booty.

BoneKrusher

Last edited by Staubach12 : 05-31-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
JD Booty was an absolute steal at this point. I wouldn't be surprised to see Booty take the job in training camp. The guy is smart, accurate, polished, everything you want in a pro QB coming out. He may be even further along in development than Jackson right now in that Jackson came from a small school that didn't have great coaching, didn't run a pro system, and allowed him to try and make lots of plays with his legs while Booty played on the big stage with great coaching, a pro system, against top competion, etc. Watch out for Booty.
All I'm gonna say is nope and that you obviously haven't paid any attention to the things coming out of the Vikings organization.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm not saying that Aaron Rodgers is going to be a star but he did look very good in his limited action in the Dallas game. I'm a little confused with your logic about experience though. Experience is the only rational so far you've given for having Jackson above Rodgers, but by that same way of thinking, the Bears, Lions, and Panthers are all in better situations than the Vikings as all of their QBs have more experience than Tarvaris.

Yes, experience is nice, but if the QB has been bad in that time it doesn't mean much.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:30 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
The only thing Jackson has proven is that he is able to hand the ball off. Sure he's gotten more playing time, but he is no more proven than Rodgers. And experience is good to have, but that by no means makes the better player. I'd take Aaron Rodgers everyday of the week and I'm sure most NFL fans would too.
I would rather have Rodgers over Jackson, but id rather have Booty over both of them honestly.

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:49 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Joey Harrington and Patrick Ramsey started for like 2-3 years. They have alot of experience it seems, maybe they are better than Rodgers too since they have more experience!

SARCASM!!!!!

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote