Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Should Hines be a HOFer?
Yes without a doubt he has been a top WR 2 5.56%
No, he doesn't have the numbers. 28 77.78%
He Should, but won't due to Paul Zimmermans "Gamerbreaker" Tag 5 13.89%
He will make it, but shouldn't be there. 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2008, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Hall of Fame Question?

I know that a lot of people will say "Team forums" but I really had an interesting question.

Based on that, would you say Hines could make the HOF?

As for the last column. It was me merely calculating what his "Projected" #'s could/would look like if he played the Games that WR "C" did and "A" & "B" Did during the playoffs.

I think Hines' Playoff dominance is oft overlooked.

Sorry again about using the main NFL Forum, just trying to get an idea.

Edit: WR's A-C have all been part of Pass Happy offensive systems, while Pittsburghs has been run heavy (Don't know if that makes a difference)

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]

Last edited by Mr. Stiller : 06-02-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brutal honesty, I would have voted "No period" instead of just "No he doesn't have the numbers," but it wasn't available.

The guy has been consistently a very good player, to a great player at times, but not among the best players at his position in his generation near long enough to be inducted in the Hall. I wouldn't even consider the guy, to be truthful. But that's how I feel about it, I'm sure Steelers fans will feel qute differently, as they probably should given how subjective the discussion can be.
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he has a shot at it. He's a superbowl MVP which not a lot of receivers get nowadays. He's been solid his whole career and has a 114 catch season to his credit so I think he'll get some consideration but I don't know if he'll get in in his first couple of years at least. But I'm also a Steelers fan so...:)

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who are these WRs? WR C looks like moss

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing C is marvin harrison

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also don't think you can just project numbers for Hines Ward, so the last column shouldn't be there.

Also, has he ever even been a top-5 WR in the league. He is a great player, but he should not under any circumstance be a Hall of Famer.

And I agree with Geo that the poll is very subjective.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just merely asking the question.

The "B" and "C" WR's are modern era HOF'ers and "C" is as well and will be going in soon.

My point is, He's on par with 3 HOF Wr's why is he not good enough?

Not to mention his postseason #'s are way better than any of the other 3.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I also don't think you can just project numbers for Hines Ward, so the last column shouldn't be there.

Also, has he ever even been a top-5 WR in the league. He is a great player, but he should not under any circumstance be a Hall of Famer.

And I agree with Geo that the poll is very subjective.
I understand that he won't meet his projections likely. I'm merely saying "If Hines Played as many games as this guy, he could possibly have similar #'s".

I personally believe Hines HAS been a top 5 WR in the league. When you look at what he's had..

Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox. The guy is one of, if not, the best blocker at WR in his time, and his postseason abiliities.. I don't see how he can't atleast be in consideration.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Hall and the voters can be so unpredictable at times, especially at the wide receiver position. And with the proliferation of the passing offense, we'll see how that affects things going forward even, I wonder shouldn't Issac Bruce merit some consideration? And if we're considering Hines Ward, how far away does that leave Jimmy Smith and Keenan McCardell?

I'm not sure how it's going to work out, other than the sure-fire guys still playing right now in Harrison, TO, and Moss. And Tony Gonzalez at TE, boy he better be first-ballot.

Last edited by Geo : 06-02-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a great WR but he's never been dominant. Definitly not HOF material.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
flave1969
Rookie

flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Receiver B is Michael Irvin
Receiver C is Art Monk
Receiver D is Cris Carter

I think it is neither fair to Hines Ward, nor the above guys to make this comparison.

The scenario's in which all these guys played was very different to Ward.

The Cowboys were not a pass happy offense, they had Emmitt Smith to run behind and one of the most efficient QB's ever, but they had no other prodigious targets outside Irvin.

Monk did not play in a more Pass orientated offense until the Redskins added Ricky Sanders in 1987. The Redskins were a power running team behind John Riggins and George Rogers for the first 8 seasons of Monk's career.

As for Carter, he played in one of the most prodigious Passing attacks ever so you are right to be hesitant with that comparison.

I think you have to compare Hines Ward to his contemporaries. Perhaps Receiver A should be Jimmy or Rod Smith
Receiver B should be T.O
Receiver C should be Marvin Harrison

In present day company and in today's era, he lags behind somewhat.
flave1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:59 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The reason why I think he won't get in is because for most of the years when he was playing for the Steelers they were consider a defense and power running game team. They were never known as a passing team, which could lead people to think teams would have 8 players in the box allowing Hines to get his yards.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have alot of respect for him but don't think he will get in but would not have a problem with it if he did get in.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he dominated enough. It's still not the Hall of the Very Good.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Considering the manner in which Pittsburgh seems to be phasing Ward out of their passing attack, those per game averages are only going to go down from here on out.

At any rate, I said no. He's a very good player, but he's not an all-time great.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:59 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

I think he should make it, but I also think you're a homer simpson!
Old 06-02-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted he will make it, but shouldn't be there. I also feel they let too many players into the HOF though, so take that for what it's worth.