Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:35 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Broncos Cut Travis Henry

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos released running back Travis Henry, the team announced on Monday.

"Although Travis has the ability to be one of the top running backs in the NFL, we have to make decisions that are in the best interests of our organization and its goal of winning a Super Bowl," head coach Mike Shanahan said. "We did not feel his commitment to the Broncos was enough to warrant a spot on this football team."

Henry was signed by the Broncos as a free agent on March 5, 2007, and rushed for 691 yards on 167 carries (4.1 avg.) with four touchdowns in 12 games (seven starts) during his only season with the club. Before joining the Broncos, the eighth-year player spent two seasons (2005-06) with Tennessee after beginning his career with Buffalo (2001-04).
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ouch.. I wonder what the hell he has been doing for the Broncos organization to feel like that.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:56 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Selvin Young's 2000 yard prediction is more possible now but definitely still not going to happen.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:59 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Ouch.. I wonder what the hell he has been doing for the Broncos organization to feel like that.
Smoking chronic and making babies if I had to guess...Either way, I feel like the Texans should inquire about his services, Ahman Green is only going to play the first month before his knees give out again, and its the same ZBS he was so effective in early on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Smoking chronic and making babies if I had to guess...Either way, I feel like the Texans should inquire about his services, Ahman Green is only going to play the first month before his knees give out again, and its the same ZBS he was so effective in early on.
Yeah, it will be interesting to see where he ends up. I guess anywhere with a ZBS would be my first guess as well.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But what do the Broncos get from cutting Henry after June 1st? I'm trying to think of if this helps them in anyway more than cutting him prior to June 1st.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They'll spread the cap hit over the next two years, I believe, but they could have done that before June 1st as one of two allowed post-June 1st designations as you allude to, TP.

Honestly I don't think the Broncos planned on cutting Henry, but once his hamstring issues came up and hamstrings can screw up a season for a long time (see Rudi Johnson's season getting derailed last season), plus Selvin Young looking good as the #1 guy and signing a better receiving back (also a vet) in Michael Pittman, it just wasn't worth it to keep Henry.

A very good move imo.

Last edited by Geo : 06-02-2008 at 02:00 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good news for young and torain i guess. one thing about henry is that people forget that he led the nfl in rushing the first couple of weeks up until the point when he got hampered with injuries. i'm going to miss the baby makin jokes
Old 06-02-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

new england anyone?
Old 06-02-2008, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I take from this:

If I'm Shaun Alexander, an opporunity has just presented itself. If he wants to play football in 2008 AT ALL, Denver is the place to go IMO.

If I'm Travis Henry, I'm calling the Detroit Lions and Houston Texans. Well, mostly Detroit since Houston has had plenty of opportunities to add running backs and they've passed them by. Houston may actually think they're set with the RBBC of Ahman Green, Chris Brown and Ron Dayne.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmmm.... The Titans have been looking at other FA RB's. I wonder if they'll bring in Henry for a visit.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Hmmmm.... The Titans have been looking at other FA RB's. I wonder if they'll bring in Henry for a visit.
Well, if that's true, first let me say: lol. Secondly, I would love if the Jets could add Chris Henry to the competition for the #3 RB job they have going.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Well, if that's true, first let me say: lol. Secondly, I would love if the Jets could add Chris Henry to the competition for the #3 RB job they have going.
Yup we've had Ron Dayne and Kevin Jones in for visits recently.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

I can't believe it, his skill is of enormus potential
Old 06-02-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
What I take from this:

If I'm Shaun Alexander, an opporunity has just presented itself. If he wants to play football in 2008 AT ALL, Denver is the place to go IMO.
If Shaun Alexander wants to actually play football, and not just collect a salary, he'll stay a free agent until after the season opens.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:03 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he goes to Detroit or Houston, but how much will the population increase during his stay?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
If he goes to Detroit or Houston, but how much will the population increase during his stay?
several hundred is the early prediction, but demographics suggest an even higher number may be possible depending on the duration of his contract...:P

im actually surprised by this, he looked dynamite early in the season last year, he was a good fit for the system, and he appeared in shape and off the cheeba. Oh well, he will get a shot somwhere else, hes got alot og talent, i think its just a mtter of putting it all together. Dont forget, he had a big year for the titans the year before, and it wasnt coincidence or system there. He will get another shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure Henry will get another shot, probably close to the vet minimum. But you're right, where will he land? A glaring team doesn't come to mind ...
Old 06-02-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I'm sure Henry will get another shot, probably close to the ho minimum. But you're right, where will he get laid? A glaring woman doesn't come to mind ...
fixed for you

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

The tenth woman shall be found, and the tenth child will arise, so says the prophecy.