Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is more likely to win the division
Pittsburgh Steelers 75 66.37%
Cleveland Browns 38 33.63%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Interesting stat: never has there been a repeat division champion in the AFC North since it came to be in 2002. It's always a different team the next year.
I know, and I'm rooting for Cleveland to take the division this year. But there was no option in the poll for "Cleveland will win if Anderson plays fairly close to as well as he did last year, and the injuries at LB + FA D-Line shore up a woeful D." :)

paper team vs. proven team, ya know?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:15 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I know, and I'm rooting for Cleveland to take the division this year. But there was no option in the poll for "Cleveland will win if Anderson plays fairly close to as well as he did last year, and the injuries at LB + FA D-Line shore up a woeful D." :)

paper team vs. proven team, ya know?
Everyteam is a paper team right meow.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:18 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
Everyteam is a paper team right meow.
I don't think that is true information. You know which teams will be good and which ones will suck. For the most part.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
When was the last time the saints had a healthy deuce? The food's awesome but not really conductive to a healthy deuce.
heh....haha. took a 2nd read but i got the joke, lol.

well think about this though. in 06, healthy deuce (mcallister!) and bad D got them to the NFC championship game.

last year, an injured deuce (mcallister!) and a bad D got them a top 10 draft pick.

the difference? the health of deuce (mcallister!)

try turning them into poop jokes now!
Old 06-04-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
heh....haha. took a 2nd read but i got the joke, lol.

well think about this though. in 06, healthy deuce (mcallister!) and bad D got them to the NFC championship game.

last year, an injured deuce (mcallister!) and a bad D got them a top 10 draft pick.

the difference? the health of deuce (mcallister!)

try turning them into poop jokes now!
They're still depending on a healthy deuce in Cajun country I just don't see it, plus they're not as hardened and running on adrenaline 24/7 as they were when they got home in 2006. If I were a betting man, and I am, I'd say that at somepoint their not going to have that healthy deuce to rely upon when Payton's trying to outsmart himself.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Shere Khan
Rookie

Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
No ones arguing they don't have a chance.

We're arguing that it's up for grabs where some people are anointing the Browns or Steelers as the Winners.
yeah, tell that to the rest of the blind AFCN fans who think the Bengals aren't gonna do damage/upset some teams this year.

The way everyone is blathering on in this thread, you'd think the Browns/Steelers were in the postseason already.

I fully expect the Bengals to remain in contention for the duration of the season, and that's not just blind homerism either.

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY
Shere Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelers have a tough schedule this year, browns play the same teams except for buffalo and denver instead of new england and san dieago

Pittsburgh Steelers 08 Schedule

Houston Texans
@ Cleveland Browns
@ Philadelphia Eagles
Baltimore Ravens
@ Jacksonville Jaguars
@ Cincinnati Bengals
New York Giants
@ Washington Redskins
Indianapolis Colts
San Diego Chargers
Cincinnati Bengals
@ New England Patriots
Dallas Cowboys
@ Baltimore Ravens
@ Tennessee Titans
Cleveland Browns

Last edited by cdub11 : 06-04-2008 at 03:51 PM.
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote