Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Pacman has so much to lose...having Deion around, to keep an eye on him, will only help him. Of course nothing is guaranteed w/ Pacman but, I'd actually be rather surprised if he messes up again. Luckily, we are more than prepared for such a fiasco but, I seriously doubt he'll be causing any problems anytime soon. Yes, he's an idiot but, he knows what is on the line and Deion is a good mentor to help straighten him out a bit. All should be fine.
Oh I think pacman's going to do well and keep himself out of trouble but I don't think Neon Deon is the perfect mentor for an already troubled kid. But I like pacman and think he'll be a great corner.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Does anyone else find it odd how Deion is trying so hard to have a protege? He did the same thing with Noel Devine and Devin Hester. I hope it is just a case of a legend wanting to help the young guys out, but with Deion I feel like he has ulterior motives.
Motives like what? I don't get what he can really gain from a couple kids...All these players look up to deion, and did growing up playing football, I love the fact that he interacts with alot of different players and works with guys...There is no telling how much he helps those guys you named, and being one of the best DB's of all time how could you as an up and coming athlete not want to take what advice you can from him...Deion helps alot of athletes because I'm sure alot of athletes reach out to him, it's not as if he does it to promote himself because he has a million other ways to do that alot better...And the recognition, I doubt that also, I just know if Deion is willing to give some advice or work out a couple guys more power to him...Thats like Barry Sanders hanging around and mentoring the top RB's, or Reggie White for DT's, he certainly doesn't have to, but I'm glad he does it none the less.

If he can just work with Pacman on technique at the corner position, that would be a huge boost...I just don't see what other motives he could have behind the mentoring thing other then helping young guys out on and off the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know anything as a fact, I'm speculating. The Noel Devine situation was very bizarre for those who read about it, and I imagine once Devine is in the pros (or not) a few years from now, we'll know more about that chapter of his life and what Deion's involvement was like.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote