Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:52 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marion Barber will prove his worth this year, nobody brings up that he is one of the best blocking RB's in the league, an excellent receiver out of the backfield, and has great vision...Its amazing so many people have a problem with him at #8 yet see no problem with Brandon Jacobs at #17.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Its amazing so many people have a problem with him at #8 yet see no problem with Brandon Jacobs at #17.
Considering that Brandon Jacobs put up more yards on the ground on less carries last year, it isn't really all that amazing.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:03 AM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

Quote:
Marion Barber will prove his worth this year, nobody brings up that he is one of the best blocking RB's in the league, an excellent receiver out of the backfield, and has great vision...Its amazing so many people have a problem with him at #8 yet see no problem with Brandon Jacobs at #17.
Portis hands down is the best blocking RB in the league, to debate that is pointless

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:08 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Just a quick reminder. Many (I want to say most, but won't) people had Reggie Bush pegged as a hall of famer before he even played a down. And I left the word "future" out of that sentence on purpose.
Jesus dont even get me started on Reggie Bush hype. I had to smack my friend silly when he said Bush would be better than Barry Sanders without even stepping on a pro field. He was serious too. Hook line and sinker in the hype machine on him.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:22 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Considering that Brandon Jacobs put up more yards on the ground on less carries last year, it isn't really all that amazing.
You think thats the only indication of a great all around back, or are we ranking RB's in terms of pure yardage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
Portis hands down is the best blocking RB in the league, to debate that is pointless
Where did I say anything about Barber being better at blocking then Portis? Please go troll somewhere else...This is my last response to you in this thread.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:26 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You think thats the only indication of a great all around back, or are we ranking RB's in terms of pure yardage?
I didn't say Jacobs was better, but he was certainly as productive on the ground, if not a bit more so. Not to say blocking and catching aren't important, but they are secondary.

Considering their respective production, perhaps there being 9 spot between the two is several spots too many.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:16 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

-Brandon Jacobs, and Michael Turner are too high

-Ronnie Brown should be higher he was a beast before he went down last year. The Injury may knock him down a bit but he is better than some of the RB's above him.

-Ryan Grant is also too low, I will be the first to admit I am very skeptical about what his future will be. But as of now I have to honestly say I would take him over Brandon Jacobs, Michael Turner, and Laurence Maroney.

-Thomas Jones should be in the top 20 as well.

-Chester Taylor the 26th best RB in the league? What??? He got majorily disrespected on this list. Peterson gets all of the spotlight, but this list shows that some are over looking Chester Taylor he is a very good RB himself. He should atleast be #16 and it could be debateable for him over Jamal Lewis and maybe MJD.

My top 20
1.Ladanian Tomlinson
2.Brian Westbrook
3.Adrian Peterson
4.Stephen Jackson
5.Larry Johnson
6.Frank Gore
7.Clinton Portis
8.Ronnie Brown
9.Joesph Addai
10.Willie Parker
11.Marion The Barbarion
12.Marshawn Lynch
13.Fred Taylor
14.Willis McGahee
15.Chester Taylor
16.Maurice Jones-Drew
17.Jamal Lewis
18.Ryan Grant
19.Thomas Jones
20.Laurence Maroney

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 06-05-2008 at 05:19 AM.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:33 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
I don't know if you noticed, but Frank Gores offensive line was just as bad as LJ's and his passing game was worse. Frank also played most of the season on a sprained ankle. Yet he still put up very respectable numbers....THAT is what a great RB does.
1102 yards is not that great GREAT RB's do that in there sleep I will give it to him for playing hurt but its not like he set the world on fire.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:01 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
1102 yards is not that great GREAT RB's do that in there sleep I will give it to him for playing hurt but its not like he set the world on fire.
He didn't say the numbers were great, he said they were respectable. What he said was great was the fact that he played hurt most of the season and still managed to put up respectable numbers with our waste of space O-Line.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:14 AM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
I have a problem with both of those, The mighty Midget should be ahead of Jacobs and the Barbarian can't be ahead of Lynch unless this is a likelihood of making the PB list.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:38 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Addai doesn't even belong in the top-15...yet they have him ahead of GORE? Unreal.
Nah Addai is definately a top 10 back, but I agree that he is not any higher than that. While having lots of stars on the offense in Indy, he does have very good talent of his own and could be a good back elsewhere as well.

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:50 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess same thing can be said about Jacobs. Jacobs is a good blitz pickup guy. At 6'4 264, he can eat up any LB or worse CB/SS/FS who thinks they can fly in there. He doesnt have to do what the smaller backs do and cut the guy, Jacobs can just take them 1 on 1 and not worry about getting owned physically. That's where his size is a huge asset. One defensive player want to be running full speed into a guy that side, lol.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:29 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
Longhorn didn't say Barber was the best, but rather one of the best.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan1985 View Post
Nah Addai is definately a top 10 back, but I agree that he is not any higher than that. While having lots of stars on the offense in Indy, he does have very good talent of his own and could be a good back elsewhere as well.
i personally would put him in the top 15 area but i think he is great for indy. he does everything they ask and is a great patient runner. while he would be good in other places, i he is a great fit for indy

Quote:
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Control
Rookie

Control Control Control Control Control Control Control Control Control Control Control

RB's I would take when healthy over Addai, no question:

Gore
Jackson
Tomlinson
Peterson
Westbrook
Jamal Lewis
Larry Johnson
McGahee
Willie Parker
Edgerrin James
Deuce McAllister
Fred Taylor
Marion Barber
Ronnie Brown
Brandon Jacobs

Last edited by Control : 06-05-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Control is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Control View Post

Gore
Jackson
Tomlinson
Peterson
Westbrook
Jamal Lewis
Larry Johnson
McGahee
Willie Parker
Edgerrin James
Deuce McAllister
Fred Taylor
Marion Barber
Michael Turner
Ronnie Brown
Lawrence Maroney
Portis
Jones-Drew
Brandon Jacobs
I agree with the non bold picks.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:50 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Control View Post

Gore
Jackson
Tomlinson
Peterson
Westbrook
Jamal Lewisnope, no way I would want this guy.
Larry Johnsonat this stage, no I wouldn't want him.
McGahee
Willie Parker
Edgerrin Jamesfunny
Deuce McAllisterIMO, he done.
Fred Taylortoo old
Marion Barberwhat has he proven over Addai?
Ronnie Brown
Brandon JacobsDoesn't have the speed to take it to the house, no thanks.
The others guys I would take, but not the ones in bold.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
4.2 YPC is VERY respectable given Gores situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
He didn't say the numbers were great, he said they were respectable. What he said was great was the fact that he played hurt most of the season and still managed to put up respectable numbers with our waste of space O-Line.
Thank you.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Willis McGahee > Joseph Addai = FAIL imo.

Nevermind the elite pass protection and receiving ability, McGahee can't even make the first guy miss like Addai. Plus I doubt McGahee could handle half the Colts playbook, and I feel like I'm being generous there. Look at what Addai did at LSU and at the Pro Bowl, the guy can get it done in different offenses, the only issue is staying healthy and having a bit of an upright style (as a back between 5' 11" and 6').
Old 06-06-2008, 02:44 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thomas Jones should be way higher he carried an offense to the superbowl Frank is definitly a top five back the rankings of the rookies i don't agree with this is not a very good list
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:51 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
The others guys I would take, but not the ones in bold.
Jacobs doesn't have speed to take it to thehouse? Are you smoking crack or something? Watch more of our games, and you can see he does have speed to take it to the house. If your going to rip him, at least be correct. And I am not a Jacobs fan, but at least question his below avg vision vision, and lack of cutback ability like I do!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Thomas Jones should be way higher he carried an offense to the superbowl Frank is definitly a top five back the rankings of the rookies i don't agree with this is not a very good list
yea...suuuuure....Thomas Jones was the only reason the Bears made it...

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Control
Rookie

Control Control Control Control Control Control Control Control Control Control Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Willis McGahee > Joseph Addai = FAIL imo.

Nevermind the elite pass protection and receiving ability, McGahee can't even make the first guy miss like Addai. Plus I doubt McGahee could handle half the Colts playbook, and I feel like I'm being generous there. Look at what Addai did at LSU and at the Pro Bowl, the guy can get it done in different offenses, the only issue is staying healthy and having a bit of an upright style (as a back between 5' 11" and 6').
McGahee was actually fairly impressive for the Ravens last year...Addai flat-out SUCKED at times last year, man, and he's in one of the better running systems of the NFL.
Control is offline   Reply With Quote