Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 05-01-2008, 10:41 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default A question from a non-Packer fan?

I am really interested in your comments as Packer fans about the QB issue that seems to be forming.

Here is what I am curious about:
1. Are you confident that Aaron Rodgers can execute as a full-time QB?

2. Do you think the Packers are confident in the same thing given they drafted Matt Flynn (in the 7th) as well as Brohm.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:31 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I am really interested in your comments as Packer fans about the QB issue that seems to be forming.

2. Do you think the Packers are confident in the same thing given they drafted Matt Flynn (in the 7th) as well as Brohm.
1) Yes, given he can stay healthy I think he'll be fine.

2) Flynn was just value in the spot, people gotta stop trying to read into it as anything other than a value pick. The Pats took a QB in the 3rd, does that mean they're losing confidence in Tom Brady?? Ted Thompson goes BPA and Flynn was his BPA at the time, nothing more to read into it.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1. Yes. He's had plenty of time to learn the system, and it didnt look like MM was holding back the offense when he had to come in for Favre. He's got plenty of weapons around him to succeed as well.

2. These were just BPA picks. Thompson has already come out and said it's Rodgers job. It's his team for now.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IDK if you can call someone( Brohm) who the Packers tried to trade up for as a BPA pick, they were obviously high on him.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1. Yes, our GM said Aaron is the QB

2. Brain Brohm= future trade for a draft pick and Flynn here to develop to possibly become the 2nd qb.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:28 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1) Aaron Rodgers absolutely has the ability and poise to be a starting QB in the NFL. If you caught the U-Cal games you know what he looks like at game speed, beyond the one Cowboys game. My only worry is that he's gotten hurt a couple times and hasn't even been under attack like he'll be this year. Would you really take Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers now? Maybe. We'll find out this year. I personally think Aaron Rodgers will be the next Drew Brees in numbers and winning capability.

2) Aaron Rodgers is the ONLY QB signed on the roster. They brought in some guys, but they're not going to pay those has-been stiffs (Yeah, I'm talking to you Dante Culpepper) more than the veteran's minimum. That leaves rookies. Brohm was taken at a point where there was great value. Flynn was a great value in the 7th if you want a kid who knows how to win a championship. That makes your depth chart Rodgers, Brohm, Flynn. Given the quality of the WR corps, the O-line, the special teams and the defense, you could put Rex Grossman or Tavaris Jackson back there and be OK. Well, maybe that's stretching it. Brohm and Flynn >>> Grossman and Jackson.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1. Yes, though I fear injuries.
2. Yes. Flynn is a backup 7th rounder. Heck, the Patriots used a 3rd on a backup. Thats no big deal. Brohm can develop and step in if Rodgers gets hurt or (worst case scenario) does end up sucking after a couple years. If Rodgers is good (like we expect) Brohm can be dealt for a Schaub deal but better. Thats what I think the line of thinking was on that pick. When you go 13-3 you're allowed to make picks like those ones:D.
Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:22 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

Rodgers is our Tony Romo, we have no doubts in his ability, neither do the management which is why they reached last year on Justin Harrell even though we were already stacked at DT and Brady Quinn was on the board.

But Rodgers doesn't look like he's a good bet to last 16 games a season, so that's why Brohm was such a gift to us. Just like Rodgers was in 2005, and that's thanks to your GM taking the bigger guy Alex Smith instead of the better passer Rodgers. Even though Smith is bigger, he's not been able to stay unbroken himself too.

Favre, Brady and Manning are the exceptions..... all the other QBs get injured.
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:47 PM    (permalink
ikabaad

I think Rodgers is going to play well. No worries here.

Brohm was a steal, alot of scouts had him as the best qb in the draft, similiar to how Rodgers was when he came out. Flynn has talent as well.

The Packers have arguably the best qb coaching staff in football. If there was concern about the youth at the position, it would have been addressed by now.

I think I just threw up though, Atari. Rodgers is our Romo? Gross, man. Gross. ;)

Last edited by ikabaad : 06-08-2008 at 07:52 PM.